Author Topic: Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Clear switches mini-review.  (Read 38703 times)

Offline jamdox

Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Clear switches mini-review.
« on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 21:50:57 »
Hey folks,

Well, to reward myself for good behavior, I purchased a Ducky Shine II from mechanicalkeyboards.  This keyboard was originally listed as having MX White switches, but that was a mislabeling due to the fact that the Chinese call "clear" switches "white," and "white" switches "milk," according to the Deskthority wiki.

First, as I'm sure most are aware, the Ducky build quality is excellent.  The backplate is solid, the keys don't wobble, the surface of the keys is smooth and nicely finished, everything is great.  The feel of bottoming out is on par with my main comparison, the Apple Extended II.  I especially love the DIP switches, which not only enable switching between n- and 6-key rollover, but also allow switching the Windows and Alt keys, which is hugely useful for a Mac user like myself.  Moreover, it came with Ducky keys instead of Windows keys!

The only cons for this keyboard are the Cherry stabilizers on the space bar and large keys, which cause them to not bottom out fully, the fact that the LED actually appears to be flashing at something like 30Hz, so it leaves multiple images or "tracers" when my eyes glance over the keyboard, and the Num, Scroll and Capslock keys are only lit when active, instead of having separate activation LEDs.  While I've never had a problem with rubbing the legend off a key, someone who has might want to look at the Deck.

Clear switches are excellent.  They're what I'd hoped.  Good tactility, good weight.  I'd call them a cross between a blue and the dampened Alps in my AEKII.  They have the weight and quietness of the AEKII, and a similar friction, but are much more tactile, and have the actuation point after the force bump, like a blue.  The Alps activate very near the top of the stroke, which was subtly distracting and prone to causing double-strikes, so this actuation profile is very welcome.  And unlike the browns, they don't feel gritty.  They feel... good.  Clean and logical.

The weight is great, and combined with the tactility makes it very easy to not bottom out, or bottom out very lightly, unlike the lighter Cherry switches which were just impossible for me to not push all the way through.  I'm sure the Topre switches offer a somewhat more refined feel, but clears are definitely better than any of the lighter tactile cherry switches.  I though this might be the case, since they're Deck's choice.  I haven't opened this keyboard to check the soldering, but assuming the internals are good, this keyboard is a Deck-killer for anyone who doesn't need dye-sublimation keycaps.
AEKII
Ducky Shine II w/ Clears
NMB RT8256CW+

Offline nsrexler

Re: Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Clear switches mini-review.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 21:59:40 »
I got the same keyboard and I definitely think it's the best "quiet" keyboard I've ever used. However, I still kind of miss the auditory feedback from clicky switches. Maybe I'll pick up a keyboard with Greens next.

Offline jamdox

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 23:21:09 »
Could make some ghetto greens, put stiffer springs in blues.  Personally, I like blues for the crispness of the break, but  I've been pleased with how well the clears compare.  I was expecting much worse, given the force diagrams.  But it moves so quickly in practice, it's not a problem for me.
AEKII
Ducky Shine II w/ Clears
NMB RT8256CW+

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 06:09:15 »
Mine is on the way and I can't wait. I finally get my hands on Clears; the Clears are the last MX switch I need to own/try. After I've tried this keyboard out enough, I'm probably going to have to decide on between the Greens, Blues, and Clears because I plan on selling one of them... *sigh* The woes of a poor man.

Offline iri

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 07:27:29 »
the Clears are the last MX switch I need to own/try.
the last mx switch you want to try is ergo clears =)
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 12:38:36 »
the last mx switch you want to try is ergo clears =)

Lol, that is a good point... Modding this Ducky Shine II would be a pain in the ass though... Will probably just have to buy a custom one. *sigh* That won't be for awhile, that's for sure.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 16:07:44 »
Just got my Ducky Shine II w/ Clears and I must say, I'm freaking loving it. I was hoping that it would be less stiff than the Greens but I think they are pretty close in stiffness, but it works well for this switch. I think this switch is the ultimate not-bottom-out switch. I bottom out pretty easily on the Greens but this one, I literally don't bottom out at all... It's pretty damn sweet.

Offline nsrexler

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 16:25:39 »
Just got my Ducky Shine II w/ Clears and I must say, I'm freaking loving it. I was hoping that it would be less stiff than the Greens but I think they are pretty close in stiffness, but it works well for this switch. I think this switch is the ultimate not-bottom-out switch. I bottom out pretty easily on the Greens but this one, I literally don't bottom out at all... It's pretty damn sweet.

I thought that at first too, but then I realized that I was actually bottoming out, I just wasn't bottoming out as hard because of the stiff spring. Adding O-rings definitely improves the feel of the switch in my opinion.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 16:44:42 »

I thought that at first too, but then I realized that I was actually bottoming out, I just wasn't bottoming out as hard because of the stiff spring. Adding O-rings definitely improves the feel of the switch in my opinion.

Really now?! Hmmm.. Now I have to test O-rings... it's gonna be a pain in the ass though. Lol! I'm currently trying out OEM thin PBT's and thick PBT's on this beast. I'll update on my findings a lil' later.

Offline Ahlitah

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 17:39:51 »
I put some of WASD's O-Rings on my Leopold Clear Board.

I'm not sure I like it yet.

It does help with the bottoming out, going to leave it for a couple of months, then take them out and see how I feel then!

Cherry stabilizers make changing out o-rings alot easier!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 17:48:50 »
I put some of WASD's O-Rings on my Leopold Clear Board.

I'm not sure I like it yet.

It does help with the bottoming out, going to leave it for a couple of months, then take them out and see how I feel then!

Cherry stabilizers make changing out o-rings alot easier!

Hmm I will try 4 switches with O-rings right now but I'm pretty sure I won't like it because I kind of like bottoming out. However, I know for sure that Clears feel way better with thin PBT's. The thick PBT's kind of dull out the bump too much.

I love me my Cherry stabilizers. I like Costar stabilizers too but I just prefer Cherry.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Clear switches mini-review.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 18:04:55 »
Hmm I will try 4 switches with O-rings right now but I'm pretty sure I won't like it because I kind of like bottoming out. However, I know for sure that Clears feel way better with thin PBT's. The thick PBT's kind of dull out the bump too much.

You need to put lighter springs inside of those clears for more bump :)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 18:10:00 »
You need to put lighter springs inside of those clears for more bump :)

Argh! I really want to try ergo-clears right now just to compare the tactile/bump difference but I really don't have the money for that :( How much harder is it to mod a backlit keyboard like the Ducky Shine II than that of a regular keyboard like Filco? But then again, I don't really want to void my warranty on this thing just yet... I only got it today too :( Ugh...... I think I'm just gonna have to dish out the money in the future. *sigh* I don't mind the stiffness of the Clears at all but I really was expecting it to be a little lighter than this...It's definitely almost as stiff as Greens. I have no lube either :( It's recommended to lube ergo-clears to prevent sticking, right?

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 18:18:36 »
Aww I feel bad now. I've never done any soldering, but I'm almost positive most people find desoldering the LEDs to be rather tedious. My Poker w/ Clears and 62g springs is currently not lubed (will be soon) and they don't get stuck.

Edit - Actually, PM me with your address and I'll send you a Clear switch and light spring after the Clears get here. They should be here by Saturday :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2013, 18:20:16 by Jocelyn »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 18:36:36 »
Aww I feel bad now. I've never done any soldering, but I'm almost positive most people find desoldering the LEDs to be rather tedious. My Poker w/ Clears and 62g springs is currently not lubed (will be soon) and they don't get stuck.

Edit - Actually, PM me with your address and I'll send you a Clear switch and light spring after the Clears get here. They should be here by Saturday :)

:-* No need to feel bad :P I was just whining. Hehe. I did see your Poker with the steel backboard with Clears switches and light springs. I'm SERIOUSLY jelly. I was drooling over it and thought to myself, "that's my dream keyboard right there." Hehehe. Maybe in the future I'll be able to get a Poker with a custom steel backplate so I can perform keyboard science with the ease of not having to desolder.

PM Sent!

Offline jamdox

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 00:40:42 »
Actually, these switches ping a little, depending on how I hit them... I'm making an existential stand in deciding to not care.  ;D
AEKII
Ducky Shine II w/ Clears
NMB RT8256CW+

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 00:43:50 »
Actually, these switches ping a little, depending on how I hit them... I'm making an existential stand in deciding to not care.  ;D

I have the same board and I haven't really noticed any pinging since I got it. I'd agree with pretty much everything you said in the review though, but I actually really like Cherry stabilizers and don't really mind not bottoming out on them.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 00:50:29 »
I have the same board and I haven't really noticed any pinging since I got it. I'd agree with pretty much everything you said in the review though, but I actually really like Cherry stabilizers and don't really mind not bottoming out on them.

Yeah, no pinging issues here. I'm with missalaire in that I also like Cherry stabilizers :D I'm absolutely loving this keyboard!!! I just now need to feel ergo-clears. I ever so slightly wish that the clears were just a tad less stiff :P

Offline iri

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 01:27:37 »

Yeah, no pinging issues here. I'm with missalaire in that I also like Cherry stabilizers :D I'm absolutely loving this keyboard!!! I just now need to feel ergo-clears. I ever so slightly wish that the clears were just a tad less stiff :P
another advantage of ergo clears is that tactile bump is noticeably more pronounced.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 01:33:41 »
another advantage of ergo clears is that tactile bump is noticeably more pronounced.

Hmmm~ Interesting. I think it's like the Greens vs Blues; I'm sure the actuation peak force is probably about the same but it feels more pronounced because the stiffness builds up more drastically as the switch reaches the actuation point/peak because of the lighter spring. Nonetheless, that would definitely make it feel more pronounced which is a good thing! Does it ever stick? I definitely want to feel this!
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 April 2013, 01:38:38 by VesperSAINT »

Offline iri

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 01:50:07 »
Does it ever stick?
i've heard the rumors of it sticking, but it never happens on my boards.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 01:58:08 »
i've heard the rumors of it sticking, but it never happens on my boards.

Yeh, I've read in plenty of places that it has the tendency to stick but everyone I've asked says otherwise. I guess if I ever mod my board to ergo-clear, I'll just lube up just in case :P

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 15:14:28 »
Crappy quality videos I took in like 10 minutes and posted in case people want to hear and see how this keyboard sounds and looks.

Yeh, I know, they're ****ty quality but it'll have to do for now. Maybe I'll do HD vids next time if these get some views but I don't really care for having a youtube channel. Just didn't know where else to upload videos. Lol.

I put white PBT's on there so the backlit would show up and look better. The stock keycaps wouldn't show the backlighting because my fingers would cover it up. Also, PBT's just feel and sound better :P

« Last Edit: Sat, 06 April 2013, 15:16:28 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 15:17:53 »
Thanks for the videos! The quality isn't that bad, but they're upside down. It actually looks a little scary seeing you type from above rather than below D:

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 15:41:27 »
Thanks for the videos! The quality isn't that bad, but they're upside down. It actually looks a little scary seeing you type from above rather than below D:

Hehehe~ Yeh, it's kind of hard to get camera placement from the front and I don't have a video editor to flip the camera upside down :( maybe I'll find a video editor and flip it upside sometime in the future :P

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 15:49:12 »
Lol, it wasn't actually scary. I've just never seen a keyboard video from that perspective :)

Offline jamdox

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 16:25:20 »
I put white PBT's on there so the backlit would show up and look better. The stock keycaps wouldn't show the backlighting because my fingers would cover it up. Also, PBT's just feel and sound better :P

That's pretty slick.  And that is how it sounds, too!
AEKII
Ducky Shine II w/ Clears
NMB RT8256CW+

Offline Larken

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 00:18:24 »
having tried clears (or for that matter, most of the cherry switches including varied spring weighted ergo clears and ghetto greens), the next logical step after going for clears would be indeed ergo clears. I find it to be the best feeling out of all the tactile non clicky switches, having the middle ground of a light touch and a larger tactile bump than browns, or for that matter, a normal clear. It's literally the last mx switch I'd use on a mechanical keyboard, unless I decide to branch out into topres or alps.

@jocelyn: you should definitely get the switches lubed as soon as you can, it makes a world of a difference when its done properly, and considering you're using krytox, I imagine it'd be a even better feel in comparison (I'm using superlube). It dampens the noise to a minimum, and the smoothness of the switch actuation really makes for a great typing experience compared to unlubed ergo-clears.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Clear switches mini-review.
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 00:31:59 »
@jocelyn: you should definitely get the switches lubed as soon as you can, it makes a world of a difference when its done properly, and considering you're using krytox, I imagine it'd be a even better feel in comparison (I'm using superlube). It dampens the noise to a minimum, and the smoothness of the switch actuation really makes for a great typing experience compared to unlubed ergo-clears.

Thanks! I do plan to lube them very soon (103/205 mix for stems & Victorinox for the springs), but I lent my switch removal tools to remedyhalopc for a few weeks :)

Edit - I'm also waiting for 100 clears to arrive on Monday so I can choose the best stems.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 April 2013, 03:13:20 by Jocelyn »

Offline Larken

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 05:10:10 »
you're doing it right :p

I went for the lazy man method of lubing everything with superlube, which is good enough for now though I'd probably look into the krytox mixtures in the future.

Just as a point of curiosity - how would you know if one stem is better than the other?

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline iri

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 04:33:11 »
it makes a world of a difference when its done properly
any instructions?

Edit - I'm also waiting for 100 clears to arrive on Monday so I can choose the best stems.
good luck! will you be using a microscope for that?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Larken

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 05:02:43 »
I would say WFD's video is a great guide for that. For the matter, most of his videos are my goto for keyboard modding nowadays. Here's the link how he lubes the switches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4EaKBfLB28U

Some personal notes - the sliders need a decent coat of lube (meaning a visible film, but not too much, or else the keypress just jams up) for it to make a difference. Trying to apply lube on the sliders with fingers is a dumb idea (don't ask me how I know, but it doesn't work well at all). Use either a cotton bud, or a brush. Keep in mind that I was using superlube, which was cheap enough for me to ignore the amount used. Those using krytox or other expensive lubes should note that a brush soaks up a good amount of lube which goes to waste. Even using superlube I find using a cottonbud uses up a noticeable smaller amount than if I used a brush, but a brush is definitely faster and more convenient.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 13:59:05 »
you're doing it right :p

I went for the lazy man method of lubing everything with superlube, which is good enough for now though I'd probably look into the krytox mixtures in the future.

Just as a point of curiosity - how would you know if one stem is better than the other?

good luck! will you be using a microscope for that?

Yeah yeah yeah, I really don't know what I was thinking lol. I guess I thought I'd be able to feel a difference, but all of that was a false notion :)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 19:04:54 »
Ugh... All this talk of lube and ergo-clears makes me want to spend money I probably don't have on modding a keyboard into an ergo-clear!!! Lol. Do you guys think stickers are crucial? I don't know how much they cost or where I'd even get them :\

All that aside, I'm thoroughly enjoying the Clears :D Heavy at times but mostly very pleasant! It's such a quiet keyboard; definitely the quietest Cherry MX switch so far.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 April 2013, 19:07:05 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 20:05:06 »
Stickers are anything but crucial lol. You can get them from techkeys or mimic's store.

PS - My clears came today, so I'll be sending you one along with the other goodies I mentioned.

Offline Larken

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 21:51:11 »
I have mine stickered, and honestly, I'm not sure I feel a difference at all, though I think the sound signature of a key bottoming out changed a little.

The reasons why I did stickering was because well...

1. already had the stickers
2. was already opening up the switches anyway, so why not?
3. same as 2, and since I'm already lubing stems, springs, and switch housings, it makes sense to go that extra step anyhow.

but yes, default clears are extremely quiet, more so than ergo clears can be. But the keypresses are too heavy for me, especially on the pinkies. pretty much impossible to bottom out without intention to do so and then some. (but pressing that backspace always threw me off, so much so that I gave up on the switch entirely.)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 22:16:15 »
Stickers are anything but crucial lol. You can get them from techkeys or mimic's store.

PS - My clears came today, so I'll be sending you one along with the other goodies I mentioned.

OOOO Thank you again! <3 <3 <3 I can't wait! My fingers are trembling to go into keyboard surgery :P

I have mine stickered, and honestly, I'm not sure I feel a difference at all, though I think the sound signature of a key bottoming out changed a little.

The reasons why I did stickering was because well...

1. already had the stickers
2. was already opening up the switches anyway, so why not?
3. same as 2, and since I'm already lubing stems, springs, and switch housings, it makes sense to go that extra step anyhow.

but yes, default clears are extremely quiet, more so than ergo clears can be. But the keypresses are too heavy for me, especially on the pinkies. pretty much impossible to bottom out without intention to do so and then some. (but pressing that backspace always threw me off, so much so that I gave up on the switch entirely.)

Thank you for the information! It helps me feel better knowing that I won't die from not buying stickers :P I can understand that this switch may be too stiff for some people. I like it, just might prefer lighter. I think Clears are definitely great for gaming, if not on par with the Blacks, which I consider to bet he best gaming switch. It's just such a damn solid feel :)

Offline iri

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 03:40:56 »
Ugh... All this talk of lube and ergo-clears makes me want to spend money I probably don't have on modding a keyboard into an ergo-clear!!! Lol.
it's definitely worth it. yes, technically ergo clears are just clears with weaker springs, but they feel really different, and, honestly, much better.

Do you guys think stickers are crucial?
lol noes

-Ray Bradbury

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 10:52:01 »
Reading this thread sold me on the shine, wish I had seen this before getting my leo...
Ducky DK9008 Shine II Blue LED Backlit (Red Cherry MX)
Leopold Linear Touch FC500RR/AB (Red Cherry MX)

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 11:39:29 »
Hey I got a question to those who have this board.

When you change the light settings, and get the brightness right where you want it, select the cluster you want lit, what happens when you reboot?

Does it remember those settings, or do you have to reset everything?

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 11:47:24 »
Hey I got a question to those who have this board.

When you change the light settings, and get the brightness right where you want it, select the cluster you want lit, what happens when you reboot?

Does it remember those settings, or do you have to reset everything?
it remembers.

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 12:04:59 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 14:19:12 »

it remembers.

Oh so awesome

Yeh dood, it remembers both settings (you can have 2 separate custom light settings). Awesome, ain't it?! :D

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 14:25:01 »
I saw your videos and instantly regretted getting my leo. Its my fault for not researching enough though, and thats very unlike me. However, the topic of mech keyboards is a very deep well for newbies like me. So I figure Ill just flip the leo and get the shine and the matching rest for it.

btw where did you pick yours up from?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 14:36:26 »
I saw your videos and instantly regretted getting my leo. Its my fault for not researching enough though, and thats very unlike me. However, the topic of mech keyboards is a very deep well for newbies like me. So I figure Ill just flip the leo and get the shine and the matching rest for it.

btw where did you pick yours up from?

Yeh, researching mechanical keyboards can be hard work but fun at the same time; there are so many specs you have to take into consideration. Worst case, you can try out both for awhile and then sell the one you like less on here with a little loss.

I got mine at mechanicalkeyboards.com. The Ducky Shine II come in different switches and different colored LED's. If you're looking for the Ducky Shine II w/ Clears, here's the link:
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=296

I swear, mechanicalkeyboards.com should give me royalties; I sell them so many keyboards. Lol!

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 14:42:52 »

I got mine at mechanicalkeyboards.com. The Ducky Shine II come in different switches and different colored LED's. If you're looking for the Ducky Shine II w/ Clears, here's the link:

I swear, mechanicalkeyboards.com should give me royalties; I sell them so many keyboards. Lol!

I was looking at this site and model

http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=12127

Any experience with them before?

Offline nsrexler

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 14:50:50 »

I was looking at this site and model

http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=12127

Any experience with them before?

Tiger Imports is the parent company of MechanicalKeyboards.com.

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 14:55:28 »
So I'm on the right track then.

I know this is off topic alittle but with all the quackers I thought it might be a good time to ask.

Does anyone use a ducky palm rest? Cause I was wondering if it was "slidey" or not.

Sorry for the hijack question... (*ducks* get it...?)

Offline Larken

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 22:02:46 »
If you're talking about the ducky wrist rest, I have one. It slides around, and is made of material that is simply not worth it's price.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 23:56:52 »
Tis why you go on a quest to find yourself a vintage Fellowes real gel wrist wrest. I gotz one and I wouldn't swap it for anything else :D