Author Topic: The many faces of Geekhack  (Read 1621216 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: The many faces of Geekhack
« Reply #2100 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 01:03:47 »
Show Image

can't remember if taken at work or taken while drunk

bull****. that's not u...

No no, it's totally him.

http://www.riviera-maya-holidays.com/mexico-culture.html

Here's me getting ready for a job interview. New suit and everything!
https://i.imgur.com/u9VFpIr.jpg
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 September 2014, 01:07:51 by noisyturtle »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2101 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 01:09:08 »
Show Image

can't remember if taken at work or taken while drunk

bull****. that's not u...

dude, I can confirm that it IS him - every sunday we usually go for a hike, then we eat some delicious sausages, na mean
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2102 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 01:09:55 »
2 co-sign, so, it's me.

thank you noisy and epzy.

oh **** both end with y.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 September 2014, 01:11:33 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iri

« Reply #2103 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 01:27:00 »
stop this bull****, please.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2104 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 09:07:27 »
2 co-sign, so, it's me.

oh **** both end with y.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2105 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 09:10:24 »
2 co-sign, so, it's me.

oh **** both end with y.
damn illuminatis
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline iri

« Reply #2106 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 17:09:37 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2107 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 17:31:28 »
This thread was interesting when there were actual photographs of actual geekhackers.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2108 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 17:32:46 »
This thread was interesting when there were actual photographs of actual geekhackers.
gee old man here u go
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2109 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 17:50:59 »

we should create a GH album..

Oh oh oh oh oh ... GH Calenders (with real geeks)....  and sell them to fund the site's hosting fees..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2110 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 18:00:10 »

gee old man here u go

Yes I am a crusty old geezer and I am man enough to admit it.

I have posted numerous photos of myself on this thread and not all of them are flattering.

This is a challenge to you wimp-ass twerps to step up and let yourselves be seen.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline intelli78

« Reply #2111 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 18:08:22 »
This is a challenge to you wimp-ass twerps to step up and let yourselves be seen.

I like it
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
The many faces of Geekhack
« Reply #2112 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 18:09:41 »

we should create a GH album..

Oh oh oh oh oh ... GH Calenders (with real geeks)....  and sell them to fund the site's hosting fees..
gather round for geekhack in lingerie 24/7 365
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2113 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 18:37:41 »

gee old man here u go

I have posted numerous photos of myself on this thread and not all of them are flattering.

I think the percentage of Online "Real Geeks" who are not-Self-conscious about their appearance has been exhausted..

Especially since, Keyboard'wuv is a REAL GEEK thing, and not hipster...

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #2114 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 21:48:35 »

gee old man here u go

eloquently said

i mean like really.........if i can do it sitting from a wheelchair wuts up with all you stud muffins :-*
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline iri

« Reply #2115 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 02:01:50 »

is this some kind of oriental dancing?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2116 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 08:13:33 »
me in the class

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline iri

« Reply #2117 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 14:12:41 »
just a copy of the avatar!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2118 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 01:50:15 »
Me and Lastpilot here in good ole WI.  :D  fun night!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2119 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 13:02:03 »
How tall are you hoff?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2120 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 13:38:16 »

How tall are you hoff?

You are not authorized to know this.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2121 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 13:55:15 »
;D ;D ;D
Oops, forgot to post these...
Played a 10th Anniversary show about a month ago! Good times!

« Last Edit: Sat, 11 October 2014, 14:04:45 by ApocalypseMaow »
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
The many faces of Geekhack
« Reply #2122 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 14:32:59 »
hoff is somewhere in the 5.90m zone
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2123 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:56:09 »
How tall are you hoff?

He is very.

In all ways ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2124 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:59:05 »

Looks like good times.  You guys need to make your way out west.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2125 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 00:10:16 »

Looks like good times.  You guys need to make your way out west.

Yoouuuuu need to make your way out MIDwest!

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #2126 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 07:24:59 »
Guys, come on, we've been over this. You all need to make your way to Australia.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline iri

« Reply #2127 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 07:28:47 »
i am too afraid of a sack of huntsmen spiders falling on my head while i'm taking a ****.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #2128 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 07:32:56 »
i am too afraid of a sack of huntsmen spiders falling on my head while i'm taking a ****.

What like these little fellas? I took this photo last summer.

It was outside so I just left them. Seriously though spiders are fine.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2129 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 07:47:54 »
burn them all
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2130 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:17:12 »

Wow Hoff, showing off your height again huh?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #2131 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:45:44 »

Wow Hoff, showing off your height again huh?

I think that's just the perspective.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2132 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:42:10 »
It's like that trick they did in LOTR to make the hobbits look super small.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2133 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:50:25 »
;D ;D ;D
Oops, forgot to post these...
Played a 10th Anniversary show about a month ago! Good times!
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Badass!
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #2134 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:32:33 »
It's like that trick they did in LOTR to make the hobbits look super small.

That's got to be it!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2135 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:33:49 »
I am not an optical illusion!  I am a real boy with real feelings.

:'(

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #2136 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:47:05 »
i think hoffman women bcs cpt ;D
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #2137 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 04:24:30 »

I am not an optical illusion!  I am a real boy with real feelings.

:'(
I'm 6'2" and when I stand next to Hoff I feel about 5'0"
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2138 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:12:40 »
leaked pic of me and vun telling jokes
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2139 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:37:45 »
naptime

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2140 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:39:45 »

naptime

Show Image

looks like something i'd do
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #2141 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:48:09 »
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2142 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 15:21:46 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #2143 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 23:55:47 »
Here's a crappy pic of me from our outdated website at work.  We ditched the coveralls, much improve.

Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2144 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 11:57:28 »
Here's a crappy pic of me from our outdated website at work.  We ditched the coveralls, much improve.

Show Image

I miss my coveralls. Its so nice to be able to step out of coveralls at the end of a long day and almost be presentable (other than the impossible to clean hands and the "I was just duck hunting" look).

My main complaint with coveralls is if they don't fit very well they are pretty annoying.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #2145 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 12:16:36 »
Ours weren't tall enough for what I do.  Reaching up inside dashes to do electrical work always tore the armpits, and restricted my movement otherwise.  I couldn't wear them when pulling some VW/Audi dashes for heater core replacements.  Now have shirt+pants for uniform, much much better!  I wear fresh uniform pants home from work, they look normal and I don't wear out my jeans like I used to.  We still have a pair of coveralls in our lockers for the really greasy jobs, but I haven't had to use them in the 4 months that we've had the new uniforms. :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 October 2014, 12:19:27 by RickyJ »
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2146 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 08:40:21 »
LOL I brought my realforce to work today. Man I need to iron my shirts tsk tsk.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2147 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 08:47:47 »

Show Image

How'd you take that picture??

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2148 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 08:49:44 »

Show Image

How'd you take that picture??
Selfie level over 9000!! Lol I asked my gf to take it, I just had to make sure I was the last one off the bus.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2149 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 08:52:27 »

Show Image

SHOWOFF.

Also, you'll have to report back with your coworkers' thoughts on your board!