Author Topic: Model AT F Tour!  (Read 30111 times)

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
Model AT F Tour!
« on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 07:53:33 »
TOUR IS OVER YO!

This is the official IBM Model AT F Tour.

Only members who have 250+ posts and I deem trustworthy are allowed to participate (why...because it's my board and ain't no one gonna run off with it!  :p).  This board uses an AT cable (so I will be including an AT to PS/2 adapter and a PS/2 to USB converter on this tour).

Terms of the tour: 
-You get one week with the board...then you must mail it (with tracking) to the next individual on the list.
-You must post a review of the board.
-Tour is CONUS only.

The board will have a stock space bar (i.e. Über heavy)

Those who have expressed interest (i.e. possible tour participants):
-tipo33 CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT
-CPT BadAss CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT
-mashby CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT 
-The_Beast CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT
-hashbaz CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT
-hellocodes CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT
-OrangeJewce CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT
-prdlm2009 CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT AT F AT prdlm2009' PLACE!
-CommunistWitchDr CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT

For those who have expressed interest, please post a reply in this thread confirming your desire to be on the tour. 

The tour has begun!  Post in this thread if you want to be added (Yes, we are still accepting participants)!
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 August 2013, 21:48:32 by AKIMbO »
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Model AT F Tour!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 07:55:00 »
Please sign me up Akimbro ^__^

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 07:58:29 »
I dunno if anyone else will get to try it after CPT...he'll probably drool all over it :p

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 07:59:19 »
Akimbo, please also include a guide to how to disassemble the board, as Halverson is correct :P

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 07:59:19 »
I dunno if anyone else will get to try it after CPT...he'll probably drool all over it :p

This just in....CPTBadAss is last on the list of tour participants.....j/k :P
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:02:30 »
Confirming my desire.  :p

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:10:04 »
You guys do know how heavy the stock spacebar is right?  It's really really heavy.  Not that I want to mod it, because I'm lazy and it involves opening up the keyboard...but I want everyone to enjoy the board. 
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:13:36 »
No but I don't want you to alter the board at all so I know exactly how it would be if I bought one.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:16:36 »
Confirmed!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:17:10 »
No but I don't want you to alter the board at all so I know exactly how it would be if I bought one.

^^^ this ^^^

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:19:00 »
You guys do know how heavy the stock spacebar is right?  It's really really heavy.  Not that I want to mod it, because I'm lazy and it involves opening up the keyboard...but I want everyone to enjoy the board. 

I can confirm with Akmibro on that. Too bad you didn't have both types to show the difference!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:20:19 »
AKIMbO, you are to be commended on this endeavor, you are a brave man.

All you slackers out there need to be respectful and appreciative of this offer.

I have the F AT, so I will not need to be included.

The stock spacebar is not really all that bad. I tend to give the spacebar a pretty good whack with my right thumb, and I have never felt the need to mod it. However, when I open it up, next time, to do the Enter/Backspace ANSI mod, I will probably bend the stabilizer just a bit ...
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:20:34 »
Stock Spacebar please! i wanna see how heavy 'Über heavy' is

thanks!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:24:32 »
AKIMbO, you are to be commended on this endeavor, you are a brave man.

All you slackers out there need to be respectful and appreciative of this offer.

I have the F AT, so I will not need to be included.

The stock spacebar is not really all that bad. I tend to give the spacebar a pretty good whack with my right thumb, and I have never felt the need to mod it. However, when I open it up, next time, to do the Enter/Backspace ANSI mod, I will probably bend the stabilizer just a bit ...

I'm just trying to spread the good word of capacitive buckling spring.  If the board comes back in pieces so be it!     

| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:28:07 »
I will personally spearhead the effort to repay you for the board if it comes back damaged.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:29:55 »
And if it gets damaged beyond repair at the next-to-last person, and they can't return it to you or send pics, I'm sure they will repay you for the board. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:30:42 »
And I'll be sure to wear a HazMat suit so no drool gets on the board :P

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:34:00 »
I will personally spearhead the effort to repay you for the board if it comes back damaged.
And if it gets damaged beyond repair at the next-to-last person, and they can't return it to you or send pics, I'm sure they will repay you for the board. :D

Thanks guys....but it's not necessary.  I'm doing this for the community.  If it gets damaged, it gets damaged.  No big deal.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline dante

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 11:04:38 »
Confirmed.

Give it to daddy...

Oh yeah.. UBER HEAVY HANDS OF JUSTICE CHUCK NORRIS STYLE

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:15:33 »
I know I'm first, but can you put me mid list so that I get it in the summer when I can fully enjoy this beast and not during finals week :D

Confirmed btw ^___^
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:16:49 »
I know I'm first, but can you put me mid list so that I get it in the summer when I can fully enjoy this beast and not during finals week :D

Confirmed btw ^___^

Done.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:17:37 »

Confirmed btw ^___^

Done.

Thanks!

Also, I don't mind the stock, heavier spacebar
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:20:10 »
^Yeah...it looks like I'm just going to do the tour with the stock spacebar.  Seems like the majority of the participants want it that way. :)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:25:02 »
I wouldn't mind trying this out, I don't know if I want a buckling spring. But I think I would really enjoy it. And the layout is pretty cool.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:29:47 »
I'd like to try it.  I've never tried a model F.  I've been wondering how it compares to my two Model M's.
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:39:12 »
Sign me up!

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:40:01 »
Confirm my interest please.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:42:54 »
I wouldn't mind trying this out, I don't know if I want a buckling spring. But I think I would really enjoy it. And the layout is pretty cool.

Added.

I'd like to try it.  I've never tried a model F.  I've been wondering how it compares to my two Model M's.

Sorry broski.  You don't have enough posts and no heatware feedback.  I hope you understand.  No hard feelings.

Sign me up!

Added.

Confirm my interest please.

Confirmed.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:57:47 »
I don't approve of you calling it a Model AT F. I prefer Model F AT. Whenever I read it, I like to think, "That thing is FAT (phat)!"

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:58:28 »

Sorry broski.  You don't have enough posts and no heatware feedback.  I hope you understand.  No hard feelings.

No worries.  I'll work on those two.  Not sure what heatware feedback is.  I'm guessing that's feed back for transactions I've done in here through groupbuys and classifieds?
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:59:59 »

No worries.  I'll work on those two.  Not sure what heatware feedback is.  I'm guessing that's feed back for transactions I've done in here through groupbuys and classifieds?

Yep!

Akimbo, I also don't care which spacebar, choose the better one for me :D

Gupgup

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 13:01:28 »
gameaholic bought something from me and paid quickly. If he starts a heatware account, he should PM so I can leave him positive feedback.

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 13:17:56 »
I don't approve of you calling it a Model AT F. I prefer Model F AT. Whenever I read it, I like to think, "That thing is FAT (phat)!"

I don't approve of either. It's not a "Model AT F". It's the AT version of the "Model F", so: "AT Model F".

(although I like fat keyboards, I don't like fat models)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 13:19:49 »
I like em F AT   ;)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
Model AT F Tour!
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 15:28:16 »
You can mark me off the list, AKIMbO. I just bought one on eBay in exc condition for $200 plus shipping. :D

in memoriam

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 15:30:16 »

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
Re: Re: Model AT F Tour!
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 15:32:50 »
You can mark me off the list, AKIMbO. I just bought one on eBay in exc condition for $200 plus shipping. :D

Will do jd....congrats on the new purchase.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 08:28:49 »
I would love to try out a Model F.  I'm a big fan of the model M.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline dante

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 08:47:08 »

This would be convenient as I can hand it off to Ski or vice versa (both from IL.)

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 10:40:55 »

I'll add you to the list.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline 1391406

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 13:01:52 »
If that's your only Model AT F, I'm not sure how you can stand to part with it for months on end.
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 13:29:25 »
If that's your only Model AT F, I'm not sure how you can stand to part with it for months on end.

It isn't.  The one going out on tour has a few nicks and dings. I have a pristine AT F that is staying at home in my personal collection.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 19:14:17 »

This would be convenient as I can hand it off to Ski or vice versa (both from IL.)
If I could pick it up from you, that would be great.  My mail service is terrible.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 19:24:51 »

If I could pick it up from you, that would be great.  My mail service is terrible.

Cool beans....I added you right after dante.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 19:34:30 »
Big thank you AKIMbO!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 18:58:01 »
Tour begins tomorrow b*tches!
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 22:01:25 »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 22:16:42 »
Thanks for Including me!

:) i appreciate it

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 10:52:07 »
Add me kimbro!

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 11:35:56 »
Ok guys....the tour has commenced.  The AT Model F keyboard is now in the hands of USPS and on its way to tipo33!

I spent the morning cleaning the keyboard as best I could.  The picture in the OP is updated with everything that is included on the tour (the now clean AT Model F, AT to PS2 adapter, and PS2 to USB converter).

« Last Edit: Tue, 30 April 2013, 11:39:14 by AKIMbO »
| KBD75 (box reds)