Author Topic: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~  (Read 129308 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 15:12:41 »
There was an AHK script for HL2 that made only the space bar super-fast repeat, as when you jump while walking forwards you accelerate a bit, and if you can jump exactly as you land, the acceleration is cumulative.  So you could end up bouncing along much faster than any vehicles.  Cornering was a ***** though.  Can't imagine what would happen if the whole keyboard had super-fast repeat though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 15:18:23 »
We called that skiing back in the Starsiege: Tribes days

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #202 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 15:25:01 »
Any word on the Shine 3's availability? I really want that camo version, will be a perfect match to my Filco Camo :D
I'm forgetting where I read this, but somebody said the camo version was cancelled. ><

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 15:45:19 »
I think the Camo version was a prototype for the limited edition Ducky, and now it's just going to be the aluminum case version for the Year of the Snake.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 04:56:50 »
Aluminum case ducky has made me second guess my jump into korean customs. I'll be in Taipei during release week ^^
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline raspiguy

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 11:44:22 »
Umm... I'm getting nervous after just seeing something on the official Ducky Shine3 page -->

DIP Switch Functions:
    Windows Key lockout
    Ctrl and Capslock swap
    Windows key and Alt swap
    DEMO Mode

That last Dip switch function used to be reserved for switching N-Key rollover from N to 6 for maintaining compatibility with Macs.  On the product page, it says NKRO and Mac Compatibility: Yes.

... ...

Am I missing something here??

Offline raspiguy

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 11:48:09 »
Still no way of knowing whether there are two separate sets of brightness levels for background vs reactive, though.

On an unrelated note, to answer my own question about LED brightness from earlier in the thread (top of the page), the posted manual suggests that there are in fact going to be two sets of brightness controls -- one for the background ("unpressed") keys and a separate set for the reactive mode brightness.  Yay.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:10:19 by raspiguy »

Offline w3djyt

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 20:01:01 »
Umm... I'm getting nervous after just seeing something on the official Ducky Shine3 page -->

DIP Switch Functions:
    Windows Key lockout
    Ctrl and Capslock swap
    Windows key and Alt swap
    DEMO Mode

That last Dip switch function used to be reserved for switching N-Key rollover from N to 6 for maintaining compatibility with Macs.  On the product page, it says NKRO and Mac Compatibility: Yes.

... ...

I've never had a USB keyboard plug into a Mac and not be compatible. By default it can handle a lot more than 6 over USB anyway - that's a limitation of Windows keyboard manufacturers have to work around.

So I think I'm missing the point of this dip switch all together?

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 13:30:57 »
Dat Ripple Effect... and Fade effects....

OMG I can't wait for DKS3 TKL version.... That is going to be my next board.

Ducky is officially the leading edge in keyboards right now.

Just replace the space bar and you're good to go.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Yzeets

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 15:32:54 »
I just got my shine 2 now I feel sad, I want this so bad. I really like the space bar hoping they come out with a few more designs on it

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 16:52:52 »
I just got my shine 2 now I feel sad, I want this so bad. I really like the space bar hoping they come out with a few more designs on it

Don't feel that had - you have got yourself a nice keyboard :)

Also a lot of people don't like the snake space bar - keep an eye on classifieds as some might pop up there if people replace them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #211 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 07:42:31 »
So what's the ETA on these being available for US customers?

Offline unnatural

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 13:34:00 »
So what's the ETA on these being available for US customers?

According to mechanicalkeyboards.com August 2013

Offline raspiguy

« Reply #213 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 15:28:14 »

DIP Switch Functions:
    Windows Key lockout
    Ctrl and Capslock swap
    Windows key and Alt swap
    DEMO Mode

... ...

I've never had a USB keyboard plug into a Mac and not be compatible. By default it can handle a lot more than 6 over USB anyway - that's a limitation of Windows keyboard manufacturers have to work around.

So I think I'm missing the point of this dip switch all together?
... Then you've never had a USB keyboard with Unlimited NKRO without any way to switch it to 6KRO -- it's a well-known/-documented problem that OS X simply can't deal with Unlimited NKRO over USB.  I experienced this first-hand with my Ducky 9008G2 (original G2, with just the topside Fn+F9/F10/F11 hotkeys as opposed to the physical dip switches on the bottom) -- had to sell it because it simply wouldn't work with my Mac desktop.  Also, the manual that comes with the G2 Pro series (with Dip switches) specifically instructs the user to switch to 6KRO for Mac compatibility.  I don't know what you're talking about with this being a Windows problem -- that's simply wrong.
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=49

Still hoping that one of the MK.com guys can weigh in on this since the YotS product pages currently claim Mac compatibility.

Offline w3djyt

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:45:43 »
... Then you've never had a USB keyboard with Unlimited NKRO without any way to switch it to 6KRO

Well my MaxKeyboard Nighthawk supposedly has NKRO over USB and it never gave me problems on my Mac. My Keycool 84 is also listed as having NKRO over USB and has never given me problems on my Mac. Neither have dip switches for me to mess with, so I'm not quite sure what the difference is with Ducky...

??

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 17:33:41 »
Ducky shine 3, showing all the features
feature=youtube_gdata_player

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 13:06:55 »
the shine 3 come in tkl? .. and iso?

Offline Yzeets

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 13:27:02 »
That ducky logo made of keys is really cool, someone should do that for GH

Offline HoosTrax

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 09:55:04 »
the shine 3 come in tkl? .. and iso?
Wondering this as well. I really want a backlit TKL, but it seems like all of the Shine 2 TKLs are out of stock.

The only alternative I've seen is the Keycool 87s, but I don't like the color options.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 10:30:20 »
That ducky logo made of keys is really cool, someone should do that for GH

Love the dude that just reaches back and pops a key off the wall!

Offline jameslr

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 10:33:43 »
WASD V2 "Code" is another backlit TKL option. They're not out yet, but their site says July 2013. Unfortunately from what the site also says it's only available in MX Clear with white LED backlight. :/
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 22:19:57 »
I think people complain too much about the spacebar so they decide to use the snake one as a permanent Shine 3 spacebar.

But even so it's still weird..... it's like it won't be year of the snake forever and I'd much prefer just having a line and nothing else.  That and Ducky need to redesign their logo, it's quite ugly as is.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 22:39:53 »
I think people complain too much about the spacebar so they decide to use the snake one as a permanent Shine 3 spacebar.

But even so it's still weird..... it's like it won't be year of the snake forever and I'd much prefer just having a line and nothing else.  That and Ducky need to redesign their logo, it's quite ugly as is.
Yeah, I was kind of confused by the whole spacebar thing. I'd though the snake logo would only be available on the YOTS edition. Then, when I was at my fave local peripherals and games shop, I was surprised to see DS3's being sold, it had the snake logo on the spacebar. I dunno if the guy at the shop was misinformed or not, but he'd told me that there'd be three versions of the DS3. Priciest is the aluminum YOTS, 2nd would be a regular plastic case DS 3 YOTS version, it would share all the lighting features of the aluminum YOTS. Then there would be the vanilla DS3 which does not have all the lighting features of the other two, one being the running snake effect. Here in Asia, it's out already, and I've been told it the regular YOTS edition, plastic case with all the lighting features of the aluminum YOTS. Please bear in mind this is what I've been told, whether it has any modicum of truth is another matter, I think the guy had heard wrongly.....but, time will tell. 

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 11:27:05 »

Offline timnswede

« Reply #224 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 17:29:56 »
Hi guys, tigerimports told me that the Shine 3s are being shipped August 3rd-8th. Didn't see anyone else mentioning any specific dates, so I thought I'd mention it.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 11:59:05 »
Expect the TKL to be out a few months later.

That's what I'm gonna wait for... Unless someone knows if there will be a board with similar features that's TKL sooner than that?

Offline bMind

« Reply #226 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 04:53:27 »
Anyone heard something about Shine III coming with white key caps? Like this Shine II had?

in flames we trust..

Offline jameslr

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 07:43:08 »
Anyone heard something about Shine III coming with white key caps? Like this Shine II had?

Show Image

No, but I'm definitely interested in a set of caps like these for mine. I emailed MK about getting them, but haven't received a reply yet (it was late last night). I found them on PCCG, but I don't know anyone in AU.

Offline bMind

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 09:27:38 »
I wrote PCCG about shipping to Europe but got a no-go :/ So I got to keep waiting for either white caps Shine III or some good deal on the white caps set itself.
in flames we trust..

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 09:41:31 »

Show Image

When I saw pics of the Shine II with those white key caps, I knew I'd just have to get one. Went for the Special Ed Cherry Blue with white caps and green back light......felt blue and red were too common. It's really beautiful, it's part of my reserve KBs......and yes, if there were a DS III with white caps, especially a TKL model, I'd bite......hard and fast! :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 09:46:10 »

Show Image

When I saw pics of the Shine II with those white key caps, I knew I'd just have to get one. Went for the Special Ed Cherry Blue with white caps and green back light......felt blue and red were too common. It's really beautiful, it's part of my reserve KBs......and yes, if there were a DS III with white caps, especially a TKL model, I'd bite......hard and fast! :D
Show Image

So are those caps considered white? They look grey.

I do like the green backlighting!

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 10:11:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

So are those caps considered white? They look grey.

I do like the green backlighting!
It's the lighting, look at the key caps on the left, they're pure white.....I was casting a shadow over most of the KB when I took a pic of it. Yeah, the green lED was wonderful, actually wanted the usual blue though common, so when I was at the shop picking up the KB, I asked the salesguy to lit both up for me to see. The green LED won me over, wanted blue as my case had blue LED in it.....and I couldn't sleep due to this mismatch in LED. I didn't know I was so anal about this sort of thing.....finally threw my arms up in defeat and got a green LED strip and fan, changed the LED color of my case to this:

I was able to sleep much better after this....

Offline jameslr

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 20:18:45 »
You have my favorite case. Love the Corsair 650D. That's what my main rig is in right now. :D

Offline jameslr

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 10:48:44 »
Ducky posted a pic of the new spacebar on facebook that will be given to those that purchase a Shine III:

I think it looks a lot better than the snake bar.

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:35:10 »
Nice - is that coming with all Shines 3s? Looks WAY better than the Snake IMO.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:49:51 »
I think I read something on there that said it would come with the first 400 sold. I think MK.com is going to include one of their own as well...hopefully one of the ones that has the MK logo on it. I really like that one.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 17:29:00 »
A little less distracting, certainly.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 17:46:34 »
I think the two side strokes clash with the duck-head emblem :(  Two different styles together (plus red and blue helping the distinction).  Would have been better to stick with geometric designs for the spacebar and keep the Ducky logo on the OS caps.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 17:48:27 »
I think the two side strokes clash with the duck-head emblem :(  Two different styles together (plus red and blue helping the distinction).

The LED's can be adjusted to what ever colors you want in the space bar, I believe. So you can make them uniform colors.

To me it's like the Ducky logo is shrugging. Lol.

Edit;
If they don't release a TKL of this I am going to be livid...
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 August 2013, 18:20:21 by lazerpointer »

Offline morpheus

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 00:23:18 »
This thing is a beast. Must....resist....I almost went for Ducky 2 as first cherry board months ago. Ultimately went with HPE 87 which I don't regret for a myriad of reasons. But this thing looks so good in the pics and vids.

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 10:39:52 »
I ordered a shine 3 a few days ago. Purple Backlight with Blue switches. I really hope the purple is a dark as they show it in videos and not a crappy pink like color like some are. Looks like MK is getting them today so hopefully I will have it this week!

Offline jameslr

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 13:05:23 »
I ordered a shine 3 a few days ago. Purple Backlight with Blue switches. I really hope the purple is a dark as they show it in videos and not a crappy pink like color like some are. Looks like MK is getting them today so hopefully I will have it this week!

That's the same one I ordered. Right now though I'm enjoying the "thock" of my new Realforce 87U 55g.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 15:23:37 »
MK.com just updated their Just arrived page - Ducky Shine III's are in stock!

Offline Jrwestcoast

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 16:48:50 »
Just saw that and the Purple Backlight with Red switches are already sold out.

Offline Phillip_J_Fry

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 02:03:33 »
I was going to order Filco TKL today (Ducky was not available some days ago) to my friend in UK (He will be staying there for a week) and now I see that Ducky can be ordered =/
$149 + $50 (delivery) and about 12 days
Or Filco for £120 (~$190)
What should I do? =)

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 09:58:38 »
I was going to order Filco TKL today (Ducky was not available some days ago) to my friend in UK (He will be staying there for a week) and now I see that Ducky can be ordered =/
$149 + $50 (delivery) and about 12 days
Or Filco for £120 (~$190)
What should I do? =)

I would definitely do the ducky shine 3. This keyboard is looking really good.

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 10:05:59 »
I hope they don't take too long with the TKL version of it. :/

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 10:46:06 »
These are selling out quick. Blue and purple LED and blue switches are gone. Anyone got their shipping notice yet? I was expecting mine.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 11:17:44 »
waiting for the YOTS  :p
can't wait any longer...

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 11:24:13 »