Author Topic: [Order closed] KBC Poker 2 (updated 5-16)  (Read 52104 times)

Offline qtan5370

[Order closed] KBC Poker 2 (updated 5-16)
« on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 02:26:11 »
Update: Order is closed now, I will put it on again at retail price after all group buy order has been finished. Please notice that the list is not finished yet.

After checking interest, now I start taking KBC poker 2 order , please using following link for this group buy.  you can see some detail with our IC here  http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43041.30

Poker 2 is hot product and the production is not that much as far as I known. However, please understand that I am acting on my best knowledge, if you believes you can get it with a better price from somewhere else, it is up to you. The price might change after May 10th, in case I drop the price within a month, you will get the difference back. (but most likely the price will go up after that) 

Listed of payment, by the order of time received, some order come without ID, you forgot, please let me know again.

Arthur
DubbTom
CeeSA
numerus
eyesmiles
HongKongFui
acediac01
tsloth
guidebook
iAmAhab
akuji13
d33p
remedyhalopc
Justan
athomas1
naokira
LechnerDE
watterrbottle
WhiteFireDragon
marin
adagio
reddeth
spdx
shivayash
Q404
Smeagol_RP

updated: should be able to ship out on 20 of this month if nothing change. And also, I set a limited of 20 of each switches. The group buy will close on 15. Currently, Mx blue almost hit the 20.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2013, 05:09:05 by qtan5370 »
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
Re: [Taking order] KBC Poker 2
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:39:54 »
Does the poker 2 have leds?

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline bugsaint

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:44:54 »
I've seen a number of sellers on taobao promoting the poker 2.  I have no idea whether they are genuine items in stock or reliable sellers.  I am still however tempted to get my friend in China to order me one :)

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 06:19:40 »
The LED light and additional custom PBT caps(it come with thick PBT, but not rainbow or sub dye)  are added on item you that have to buy it.

However, LED DIY should be able to done by yourself, find a LED in your local store is not that hard. For me, I am mostly worry about posting 61 LED with the package might end up with a lot problem with transportation and custom problem too. You only have to put the LED into the slot, very easy, it is ready to use.

They might sell LED version later on, I have no information about it so far. This run is PBT version without LED light.

I would suggest getting the LED in local instead from me.

However, I want to cite the rule of the form, just as a reminder:

"Threadcrapping: If you aren't interested in joining a group buy, STAY OUT OF THE GROUP BUY THREAD. This goes doubly so if you disagree with the way the buy is being run, the product being purchased, or have any other complaint not relevant to buying into the group buy. Repeat offenders put themselves in danger of moderator action."

I can sell it on Tao bao at the same price as all others you can find (and price would have to be uniformed across Tao Bao). I have to do additional work to sell it oversea, I think it is fair that I add price for my work, plus everything I have to pay to accept international payment.   That's why the price is higher than it on Tao Bao. If you want to wait for retail price in your country, it is your choice.

Thank you for understanding , and last thing is they do announce a new day of arriving at May 15, should be close the true.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 06:21:25 by qtan5370 »
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 07:57:47 »
Sad there is no clear switch option :( BTW when is the deadline on this? I can order next week.
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 08:07:30 »
I am interested in a Poker 2 with blue switches.

Is is possible to combine this order with other items from your store to save shipping costs?

As you know from my PMs I also want the New Noppoo Choc Mini with reds which is not available right now. Is it possible to pay for the Poker and the Noppoo now and you will send me everything once it's available again?

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 08:21:53 »
Ordered one, but I forgot to add my phone number, does this matter for your courier?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 09:07:20 »
How do I combine shipping for a Poker 2 and a Keycool 84?

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline turtle

[Taking order] KBC Poker 2
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 09:19:33 »
Is green mx switches an option or just brown, red, blue?

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 09:20:43 »
For combine shipping ,which is possible of course, you can email me to discussed it. Base on your country, it will be a different rate of discount, normally you might save around 8-10 dollar on shipping.

For switches, I was informed it will arrived with MX Red, Blue, Brown and Black.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 09:41:56 »
For combine shipping ,which is possible of course, you can email me to discussed it. 

So how does this work?

Do we have to place an order at your vendio shop and you will give the discount AFTERWARDS or do we have to contact you BEFORE we place the order?

(I just put multiple items in the cart and it showed me ~80$ shipping cost!)

Offline remedyhalopc

[Taking order] KBC Poker 2
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 10:19:03 »
What's the deadline for our orders, and the ETA for arriving in America?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 10:22:54 »
How does one program the Poker 2?

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 10:33:59 »
I can choose black switches but in the description you say only red, brown and blue...? I try to order it with black switches as these are the only I like (clears would be awesome, too bad those are definitely not available)

EDIT: ordered, paid via paypal with geekhack username but I'm quiet insecure with the switches. I printed the invoice and it only says: KBC Poker Mech. Keyb. Cherry MX Switches W/ PBT Caps, Black

For me it looks like no special switches ordered (The Black at the end means the body of the board I think) but I definitely chose MX Blacks. Hopefully everythings correct because I really cannot use browns, blues or reds, maybe you can check/ verify this (when you find the time)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 10:53:17 by HongKongFui »

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 10:54:40 »
The LED light and additional custom PBT caps are added on item you that have to buy it.

However, LED DIY should be able to done by yourself, find a LED in your local store is not that hard. For me, I am mostly worry about posting 61 LED with the package might end up with a lot problem with transportation and custom problem too. You only have to put the LED into the slot, very easy, it is ready to use.

I just want to clarify before buying. In the same sentence, you say that it's comes with thick PBT, but also we have to buy it as an add-on item. It's actually included, right?

There are traces on the PCB to support LEDs and all we need to do is solder it, or do we to custom wire it also? Hmm where's Jocelyn with that one pic of the back of her poker. Why is it such a big problems for customs if there are LEDs?

Offline mR_fRag`

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 11:01:36 »
Is plate mounted or pcb like the first poker?
Filco MJ2 87 Mx Blue    Filco MJ2 87 Mx Red    Noppoo White Mx Blue     KBC Poker Mx Red    IBM Model M 1391401    Dell AT101w Black Black ALPS

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 12:30:03 »
I order it once  ;D and Paid!
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R 

Offline cpt_Tenkes

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 13:05:51 »
The LED light and additional custom PBT caps are added on item you that have to buy it.

I just want to clarify before buying. In the same sentence, you say that it's comes with thick PBT, but also we have to buy it as an add-on item. It's actually included, right?

There are traces on the PCB to support LEDs and all we need to do is solder it, or do we to custom wire it also? Hmm where's Jocelyn with that one pic of the back of her poker. Why is it such a big problems for customs if there are LEDs?

No! It does come with thick PBT, what you can buy are custom PBT caps coming in various colours.

They are plate mounted. At least they were shown like that on some taobao advertisement.

Offline mR_fRag`

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 13:10:55 »

No! It does come with thick PBT, what you can buy are custom PBT caps coming in various colours.

They are plate mounted. At least they were shown like that on some taobao advertisement.

Yes i saw 5 min ago, beautiful black plate and awesome keycaps. I will sell my KBC Poker and get one with blues. Mx Blues + thick PBT = HEAVEN.
Filco MJ2 87 Mx Blue    Filco MJ2 87 Mx Red    Noppoo White Mx Blue     KBC Poker Mx Red    IBM Model M 1391401    Dell AT101w Black Black ALPS

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 13:19:27 »
when will be the deadline?
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline developej

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 13:54:18 »
Is there any news - will there be an option for all blank caps? Thick PBT, just all blank?

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 14:55:16 »
Would love to order one of these but I need some clarity on some things:

1. Are the keycaps in the picture the PBT ones or are the legends going to be different?
2. Are you saying that the holes are there on the PCB for the LED's they just need to be placed in and soldered? are they on every key?
3. Does anyone have a picture of the plate?

If someone could answer any of these it would be fantastic! :D

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:36:07 »
$93 wow
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline d33p

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:50:53 »
Interesting ! I guess I'll order one when I'm on my computer !

Offline IFL

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 21:34:02 »
Will probably place an order later today, it's pretty deep at nit around here.

Offline DubbTom

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 23:17:13 »
Just ordered one w/ blues, stoked for first mech. So can we expect it to arrive before June at the latest (located in CA)?
poker II

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 00:36:33 »
1. Mx black is a option you will get it, I will write it more clear in the list, sorry about that.
2. It come with PBT plus thick caps, layout as the picture.
3. LED slot is a hole aside the switches, you can find picture across Taobao, I decide not to copy those, but anyone might post it as you wish, I am happy to confirm it. I don't have the item yet so I can't take my own picture.
4. For combine shipping, you should send me the order list. However, you should paid the Poker 2 first and send me the rest. I am working on getting more poker, so the payment order is important in case there are not enough supply in some switches.
5. Deadline is anytime before it arrive, I was been given a time around May 10th and a new update said it might arrive on 15.

Offline d33p

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 02:49:00 »
Just ordered one with blues !

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 03:02:59 »
I just paid for one. Blue and Brown switches were $2 more. Just thought I'd mention that in case it was a typo mistake.

Offline remedyhalopc

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 03:23:27 »
Just put an order in for 1 with reds.

Hope to have it before the 20th, but my hopes are not high. Seems like it's already being delayed to the 15th instead of 10th.

Offline akuji13

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 05:23:04 »
Oder placed...its terrible to wait.  :D
My beautys:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3wwjfwvf1bd7g4r/MkVSl-q9lV
Info: Pics are always outdated.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:48:59 »
Hey Qtan,

I just ordered a Poker 2 with blue switches.

I'll send you a PM with other items I want for combined shipping.

Thanks!

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:58:30 »
ordered blues!  :cool:
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline Laladila

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 15:18:16 »
Ordered black  ;D

Offline athomas1

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 19:19:28 »
Ordered Blues -- Pretty excited

Offline marin

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 12:49:06 »
I just ordered mine with blues, this will be my first mechanical keyboard ;D yes!

Edit: I found the user manual in english on other post on the forum, I think it's helpful to have it here.

http://cl.ly/0Z2B3n2u3m0k

The URL is from CloudApp, don't be scared
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2013, 04:28:44 by marin »
Flynn Lives

Offline kernelpanic

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 12:41:32 »
I might be interested in a board with blue switches. Are these caps compatible *questionmark* http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/pbt-key-caps/37-pbt-color-laser-etched-key-/lid=18974569

And would you please PM me how much a set of led compatible keycaps would be *questionmark*

Obviously, my current keyboard ist kind of broken...

Offline reddeth

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 13:41:57 »
Just ordered one with blues, thank you sir!

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:47:48 »
I've taken the plunge, after hearing mixed reviews on the FILCO MINILA, I hope the POKER 2 fits the bill. I've ordered with blue switches and intend to use o-rings once it arrives. The think PCT caps seem like a good idea. Am I right in thinking the KB will come with additional key caps that I will install? Or will it come with the keycaps already installed?

Many thanks,
ShivaYash
UK
IBM Model M SSK, HHKB Pro 2 BT and Realforce 104U HiPro

Offline Rhinofeed

• Formerly nathaniel_h
    • Rhinofeed
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 20:32:57 »
Is this going to be $80 + shipping through this groupbuy instead of $94 + shipping?

edit: Oh. Dumb dumb needs to read. It's $94 because we'd be the first to get it. Maybe I'll wait then.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2013, 20:47:04 by nathaniel_h »

Offline spdx

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 22:02:06 »
Order placed. Hope this time the layout works for me. 

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 01:07:28 »
I've taken the plunge, after hearing mixed reviews on the FILCO MINILA, I hope the POKER 2 fits the bill. I've ordered with blue switches and intend to use o-rings once it arrives. The think PCT caps seem like a good idea. Am I right in thinking the KB will come with additional key caps that I will install? Or will it come with the keycaps already installed?

Many thanks,
ShivaYash
UK

With the caps installed. Additional caps are for sale....

Offline developej

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 01:32:39 »
but there should be additional modifier caps in the box?

Offline cpt_Tenkes

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 04:30:48 »
but there should be additional modifier caps in the box?

I havent seen anything clue for that.

Offline developej

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 04:37:54 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42523.0

it says here - 5. Comes with thick PBT RGB keycaps and key puller.
or i didn't get that right :)

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 05:15:36 »

You might be right. It might be some caps come with the keyboard but I won't consider it as a set of caps that might misleading people.

Let's say it might be few additional color caps come as accessories, however, we don't know the deal until it arrive.   

Offline marin

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 05:28:01 »

I won't get too excited the manual says:

Package Material
1. Keyboard x 1
2. User Manual x 1
3. USB Cable x 1

it will be awesome if it has the "freebies" but I don't think so :/
Flynn Lives

Offline developej

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 05:36:14 »
well, it's still good price i think :)
we can still hope :)

btw ordered one with blues!
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2013, 06:57:36 by developej »

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 07:25:12 »
As far as I know, the cross world retail price is somewhere around 99-110. You might get a better price depend on where are you in.

Offline turtle

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:02:55 »
When is the last day to order?