Author Topic: Filco MiniLa swap Alt and Win key. Teensy my best bet? Custom controller?  (Read 5522 times)

Offline alfa147x

I have a Filco MiniLa on the way and I would like to swap the Alt and Win keys. I would just remap them using an application but I don't have admin permissions on some machines that it will be used with. Also eventually I would like to further customize the layout.

I wonder if I could somehow rewire it to work with the Filco tenkeyless custom ATmega32u4 controller?

Here is what the board on the Filco MiniLa looks like:

I'm hoping if this works out I could make a similar plug in play board like the Filco tenkeyless custom ATmega32u4 controller.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2013, 16:49:56 by alfa147x »

Offline simkev

You could short some traces and rewire them but wire alt to win and win to alt. Not that sophisticated but it works.
JAG ÄR LIVRÄDD FÖR ATT LEVA & JAG ÄR DÖDSRÄDD FÖR ATT DÖ

| Poker X - Ergo Clears & Red Alert 2.0 | Majestouch 2 TKL - Browns & Blue Cream Cheese |

Offline alfa147x

You could short some traces and rewire them but wire alt to win and win to alt. Not that sophisticated but it works.

Yeah I kinda wanted a cleaner job than that ;) Ended up getting a Teensy from a friend and looks like I'll be mapping out the matrix soon.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Flip over the controller for us would you?

Offline alfa147x

Flip over the controller for us would you?

I was planning on taking a picture of the other side of the controller when I got the board. It should be delivered today. I just found that image online.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Aha, thanks. If we can see what microcontroller the MiniLA uses, we may have a place to start when seeing if we can use the 32u4. :)

Offline alfa147x

Aha, thanks. If we can see what microcontroller the MiniLA uses, we may have a place to start when seeing if we can use the 32u4. :)

Yeah. I wish we could make a drop in replacement controller but it doesn't seem like this keyboard is popular enough for a project like that.

Offline alfa147x

Tried to take a panorama to show more detail.

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2013, 16:19:47 by alfa147x »