Author Topic: [IC] Swe/Fin silent Realforce TKL ISO  (Read 14335 times)

Offline Johan

[IC] Swe/Fin silent Realforce TKL ISO
« on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 15:28:32 »
"In my search for a Swedish silent Topre keyboard I have emailed The Keyboard Company and Verkkokauppa but neither of them have any plans to stock one at the moment. But after emailing back and forth with Bruce at The Keyboard Company he is willing to order one if I am able to find 10 orders for the same model.

The requirement for the model is that the configuration is exactly the same for all orders (model, color, switches, language). So this is a interest check for the following model:

Model: Tenkeyless 88 keys. Basically the same as the non silent version: Swedish Realforce 88UB @keyboardco.com
Color: White/gray. Example: Realforce 87U Tenkeyless "Silent" (White/Gray) @elitekeyboards.com
Switches: 55g uniform silent
Language: Swedish/Finnish
Price: There is no price yet as the model is not firmly set until we have 10 interested. I assume it will be more expensive than but in the vincinity of the non silent version that costs £192. I will ask Bruce to find out the price when we have interest for 10 keyboards. A commitment to order is not final until that point but obviously it will be easier if you only report interest if you intend to buy one.
Payment: Bruce has asked for payment up front to avoid people dropping out before the keyboards arrive. I am guessing that a custom order from Realforce will take some time to arrive so we will have to wait a bit (or maybe a lot) between paying for the keyboards and receiving them. Do not order one if you do not want to comply with this condition.

I have also posted this on the Swedish forum sweclockers.com. It turns out that I do not have enough posts on Geekhack to post it in the interest check area there. If anyone knows of a Finnish forum for keyboards and wants to help out and collect interest from there, please feel free to post there and report back to me so I can add it to the list. Order on one forum only so I do not add you several times."- http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/swe-fin-silent-realforce-tkl-iso-t5800.html
So here it is, hes heard a lot of interest in the 55 model, Is there any difference in the silenced version in the key feel? I'm going to notify the guy who's in charge of doing the things to keep track of possible orders from here.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Se7en

Re: [IC] Swe/Fin silent Realforce TKL ISO
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 03:47:46 »
I'm going to notify the guy who's in charge of doing the things to keep track of possible orders from here.

That would be me. I have had a few that contacted me and preferred 55g so I switched the interest check from the original 45g since I am a bit interested in the 55g as well after the buzz here on geekhack. I am willing to buy 2 keyboards if that is needed to get us to 10 orders.

I have posted the above on deskthority and sweclockers.

Number of interests so far: 10

2x Se7en (Se7en @deskthority, SevenFour @sweclockers) (I am willing to order 2 if it is needed to get us to 10 orders)
1x Triffid @sweclockers
1x bigfatmc @deskthority
1x test0r @sweclockers
1x Naku @deskthority
1x Ghostpixel
1x huttala @sweclockers
1x Exiphi @sweclockers
1x guilleguillaume @deskthority

Edit: The MOQ from Topre was higher than Bruce expected so this attempt is now cancelled.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 July 2013, 10:04:00 by Se7en »

Offline Yuuki

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 03:59:57 »
I don't want to hijack this thread, but do you think an IC for a 55g silienced version with us layout could be also made ?

Offline Se7en

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 04:14:11 »
I don't want to hijack this thread, but do you think an IC for a 55g silienced version with us layout could be also made ?

In the emails with Bruce he told me that 10 was less than the MOQ for a new model. But if you find 10 interested in a US model with the same requirements (i.e. 10 of the exact same configuration, not necessarily the same as this interest check though) then I guess there is a chance they will handle it in the same way as this one, but you will need to ask Bruce about that. I will not coordinate since I am not interested in a US model.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 04:37:44 »
Vad händer här då gubbar, Topre feber eller?

Offline Se7en

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 05:15:22 »

You know you want one :cool:.

Offline Johan

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 05:15:50 »
I'm going to notify the guy who's in charge of doing the things to keep track of possible orders from here.
1x bigfatmc @deskthority (Johan here)
Actually I'm not on Deskthority, so thats someone else.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Se7en

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 05:26:03 »
Actually I'm not on Deskthority, so thats someone else.

My mistake, I guess I got confused with the user names.

Offline Se7en

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 14:14:14 »
4 out of 10 keyboard interest are in, keep them coming! Surely someone from Finland needs one as well?

I am going away on one weeks vacation and I do not plan to use the Internet while I am away. I will update the thread when I get back.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 14:22:10 »
We can get this in no time!!
Btw I'm bigfatmc.
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 14:24:27 »
RF doesn't have a silent uniform 55g model....so are you getting RF to make a uniform 55g silenced model? I'm a little confused.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Se7en

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 14:31:21 »
RF doesn't have a silent uniform 55g model....so are you getting RF to make a uniform 55g silenced model?

Yes. The keyboard company will do a special order from Realforce and we get to select the configuration. According to my emails with Bruce there are no restrictions on the model configuration as long as we all order exactly the same model.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 14:57:41 »
RF doesn't have a silent uniform 55g model....so are you getting RF to make a uniform 55g silenced model?

Yes. The keyboard company will do a special order from Realforce and we get to select the configuration. According to my emails with Bruce there are no restrictions on the model configuration as long as we all order exactly the same model.

Oh wow...that's awesome!  I'd be in for a US ANSI layout....if it ever happened....but not for a Swe/Fin layout.  I hope you guys get enough participants.  A new model RF would be amazing.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 15:03:28 »

Oh wow...that's awesome!  I'd be in for a US ANSI layout....if it ever happened....but not for a Swe/Fin layout.  I hope you guys get enough participants.  A new model RF would be amazing.
Nordic layout is the best bro!

Offline mauri

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 16:27:57 »
I can try to prod around on some finnish boards tho I don't need one, I've been a happy user of a realforce for couple of years now ^^

Realistically tho given that there are black tkl realforces @ verkkokauppa.com for 160€ I don't think many will jump to the opportunity to get one for +200€, 55g or not.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Se7en

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 01:16:27 »
I can try to prod around on some finnish boards tho I don't need one, I've been a happy user of a realforce for couple of years now ^^

Please do, at least on one of the major ones if there is one.

Realistically tho given that there are black tkl realforces @ verkkokauppa.com for 160€ I don't think many will jump to the opportunity to get one for +200€, 55g or not.

I have seen the price difference between the Keyboard Company and Verkkokauppa. But when I emailed Verkkokauppa if they had any plans to stock a silent version their response was a simple "No" so I figured my chances with getting one of them to go along with an idea like this was higher at TKC.

To me 55g is not the main feature, it is the silent part. But I believe a few on the interest list is on it because of the switch weight.

Offline Se7en

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 10:14:25 »

Did you post a interest check on a Finnish board? We are going to need that final push if this is going to happen...

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 10:21:54 »
Always good with more Nordic folks around here. Sadly, I don't like Topre, but good luck to ya.

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
    • Elliot Ghost Photography
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 16:58:15 »
Im in :D I have always wanted a swedish white/grey 55gr tkl silent, but i never thought it would be possible in a million years to get that combo together. Maybe ask if we can get a special colour on the keycaps while were at it making special boards ;D
REALFORCE 88UB / APPLE AEKII [mod.] / MX REVOLUTION / QPAD HEATON XXL

Offline Se7en

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 03:35:25 »
Im in :D I have always wanted a swedish white/grey 55gr tkl silent, but i never thought it would be possible in a million years to get that combo together. Maybe ask if we can get a special colour on the keycaps while were at it making special boards ;D

I have added you to the list. I do not know how configurable the color is, what color do you prefer? I have two "minor" alteration wishes myself, non bubble windows keys and PBT spacebar. But I guess they are both unlikely to happen.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 03:37:12 »
Doesn't OP say that it's gonna be white/gray as color?

Offline Se7en

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 03:40:52 »

It does. I was just curious what color ideas Ghostpixel has. I am not going to change the color at this point without checking with everyone on the list. But if we come up with some kickass configuration and everyone agrees on it then why not?

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 03:42:24 »

It does. I was just curious what color ideas Ghostpixel has. I am not going to change the color at this point without checking with everyone on the list. But if we come up with some kickass configuration and everyone agrees on it then why not?
Ohh that's what you meant, didn't fully read his post :P

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 03:45:10 »
Maybe red legends instead of black ones?

Offline Lupizza

• Kung av Sverige!
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 15:28:57 »

You know you want one :cool:.

:o svenskar!
Left geekhack 2013-08-24, because of rude and arbitrary moderators.

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 09:04:37 »
I was thinking something diffrent, but still something that wouldnt be too hard for topre to make, like the combination they had on their 10th anni version :D Imagine that on a white case! http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5759/realforce8710thannivers.jpg

But i guess we shouldnt make it too complicated. We have asked for too much already ;D If this comes through at all, ill be the happiest swede on the planet.

Offline Se7en

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 11:38:14 »
I have emailed Bruce and he answered with a short reply that he is going to contact Topre.

like the combination they had on their 10th anni version :D Imagine that on a white case! http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5759/realforce8710thannivers.jpg

That does sound like a nice combination. We can do that for the next version :cool:.

Here is the white/gray keys on a black Topre which also looks kind of nice:

Offline Se7en

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 10:03:11 »
I have bad news from Bruce. The MOQ from Topre for this keyboard is 100 which is higher than Bruce expected. He offers to continue with the order if we get 40-50 interested but given the interest so far that seems like a far stretch. So I am cancelling this attempt.

I apologize to everyone on the list for getting your hopes up for this model. I am pretty disappointed myself even though I knew this was a possible outcome. Maybe I will get one of the non silent black on black TKL:s instead even though I dislike the difficult to read legends.

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 18:52:00 »
It always felt a little too good to be true, so i was prepared for this. Thanks for trying anyways :D Btw, i had the black on black aswell, but after i bough new caps, its very nice :) Expensive though.