Author Topic: Tt eSPORTS Battle Dragon Keyboard Bag  (Read 7628 times)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
Tt eSPORTS Battle Dragon Keyboard Bag
« on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 17:43:14 »
So one of the things I tried to get when I was in Taiwan a few weeks ago was a Keyboard Bag.
For anyone who watches korean SC2 pros, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ok a little story here, if you don't wanna read my story cause hey who would want to, just don't click here:

More
I knew Razer and Steelseries made one, so after I had finished with my business in Taiwan, i had a day free to go to the infamous Guang Hua Shang Chang in Taipei.
I've gone here multiple times before, its actually where Armygroup is located, well they're not in the main building but one of the side buildings.
Anyway, so i went all over the place looking for a keyboard bag, even going up to Razer's store and asking them to sell me one.
They wouldn't, and the only shop that had a bag available was a steelseries one that required the purchase of a 6GV2.

So I actually thought I'd struck out and left Guang Hua Electronics Market.
Went by Taipei Main station to the local mall there as I usually check in around there for music CDs and Anime/Manga/PVC figures/etc.
I walk into the mall and see since I was there around New Years time, they opened a new Tt eSPORTS store.
So i was very happy to walk in and see that they had a bag for sale!

I stumbled upon Reaper's OCN review of his Razer bag, and was like "oh I'll do one too"
http://www.overclock.net/t/1056313/razer-full-size-keyboard-bag/0_50

So onto my review of the Tt eSPORTS Battle Dragon Keyboard Bag
Its a Black Bag with Red Accents/Trim/Logo
On the front side there's a zipper to put documents i assume in there, or maybe wires.

You get the Tt eSPORTS Dragon logo on the top front with Red Trim along the edge.

According to the tag its a Polyester & Nylon bag
It can support up to 20 KG, Empty the Dims are 57 X 25 X 7.5 CM (22.5" X 9.8" X 3" approx)
I don't know if its waterproof, but it seems very durable.
When we open up the bag, we have pockets for a fullsize keyboard, and 2 smaller pockets that can hold Mice, Headset, etc.

Like reaper's Razer bag, Thermaltake decided to keep their color options of BIG BRIGHT RED.
Which is fine for me because Red's actually my favorite color.

Each pocket has 2 straps to "secure" it in place.
Its padded around the outside as well as the inside pockets have padding.

The keyboard pocket is HUGE, it can probably fit 2 keyboards if you need it
I put my Ducky in as an example to show you the size and how the keyboard "fits" in the pocket:

On the back, you can see the single strap

There's the Tt eSPORTS Dragon and the Logo with their slogan "Challenge is the Game"

As you see on the corners, each of the 4 corners have extra padding to make it comfortable to be carrying this bag on your back.
Its a nice touch, and they are about 1CM in thickness of the plush padding.
The strap itself is permanently attached on the top middle, and there are 2 hooks on the bottom left and right sides that you can adjust so you wear the strap right to left, or left to right. 
Whichever you prefer

The strap length is adjustable, to a fairly large size.  Its lightly padded to so that helps with the comfort.

Overall I'd say this is a nice keyboard bag
Its obviously what most would consider a luxury item, i know my brother gave me a look when I was packing it in the suitcase like "your not a pro-gamer, why the **** you buy that"
Some people may be turned off by the bright red lining, but again I personally think it looks nice.

It cost me 1500NT, which roughly conversion rates to ~$50 USD.
I did a quick search on Amazon and i see one seller selling it at around this price.
Again i don't see keyboard bags being sold frequently in the states.

Anyway, hope i didn't bore anyone, or any TL:DR lol
Anyone got questions, please let me know

Link from Thermaltake's website:
http://www.ttesports.com/products/product.aspx?p=44&g=ftr
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2013, 14:26:08 by projectD »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Re: Tt eSPORTS Battle Dragon Keyboard Bag
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 06:50:08 »
Awesome review and definitely an awesome bag I have been hunting for a nice one for quite sometime now and haven't found one I liked

This one you have here looks much better then the Razer one for sure :)

I have been wanting this for a long time but haven't been able to find it for sale
http://entusgalleries.com/item-ktbag.php
Keyboardless

Offline Johan

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 08:56:40 »
I was looking for something similar but a lot smaller like the Slayers Bag/quiver, I saw that project Dark horse was selling them but for 500, I'm not even going to bother.
Uh, stuff.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 12:40:22 »
More
Awesome review and definitely an awesome bag I have been hunting for a nice one for quite sometime now and haven't found one I liked

This one you have here looks much better then the Razer one for sure :)

I have been wanting this for a long time but haven't been able to find it for sale
http://entusgalleries.com/item-ktbag.php

omgomgomg zowie.  :eek:
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline megaxpop

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 23:46:12 »
<3 great Orange Filco!

Offline bigx333

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 07:41:24 »
I wish I had something like this back in my lan days, carrying a G15 in a backpack wasn't pleasant at all.
2TU | LZ-GH

Offline listokei

• ListoKei Blog
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 09:30:51 »
Bag looks good!

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 15:40:10 »
do you think its possible to put a 75% board and a laptop in there?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 16:48:21 »
Looks so geeky :/
I want a discrete black leather bag :P

I want your orange Filco board though.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2013, 16:53:06 by the1onewolf »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 16:50:11 »

dat necro :eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 16:55:08 »

Only 4 months - nowhere near as old as some that have resurfaced recently ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 16:56:56 »

True...I believe I have the record for oldest necro'd post.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 16:59:24 »

True...I believe I have the record for oldest necro'd post.

Very possibly :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 17:18:17 »
Does it count if someone else links to it in a recent thread?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 17:58:31 »
Does it count if someone else links to it in a recent thread?

Does what count?

In that case people should be posting in the new thread, and using the old thread for reference only.  Ideally.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 02:53:22 »

You have to be a proud gamer

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:18:55 »

ya damn right, i walked through JFK airport with that thing and people all looked at me haha

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:26:40 »

ya damn right, i walked through JFK airport with that thing and people all looked at me haha

tell them it's a symbol for death....they will leave you alone.....or arrest you....50/50 chance....

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:15:04 »

to follow up, i was able to fit my 13" laptop and a TKL with the power cables, a mouse and a mousepad.
Still have room for maybe a small pair of headphones?  I tried to put my UE6000 in, but its just too big.
I can prob put my Bose AE2's in though since they're smaller.

Irony ofcourse is the laptop's in the cushioned section and the keyboard's just sitting out in the middle of the padding lol.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:24:57 »

to follow up, i was able to fit my 13" laptop and a TKL with the power cables, a mouse and a mousepad.
Still have room for maybe a small pair of headphones?  I tried to put my UE6000 in, but its just too big.
I can prob put my Bose AE2's in though since they're smaller.

Irony ofcourse is the laptop's in the cushioned section and the keyboard's just sitting out in the middle of the padding lol.
Show Image

Show Image

thanks for the pics! I think this bag is just perfect for my needs