Author Topic: Where are the MX red TKL keyboards in Australia?  (Read 1253 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Where are the MX red TKL keyboards in Australia?
« on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:22:22 »
I am kinda looking for another TKL keyboard, preferably with MX reds (although I would not be entirely opposed to trying Topre, apart from the cost).

No-one seems to sell the CM QFR w/reds in Australia any more :(

So far I have found:

PCCG Ducky Shine II red LED $130
PCCG Leopold FC700R black $119
PCCG Leopold FC700R white $119
PCCG RealForce 87U white $179
AusPCMarket Filco MJ2 $154
TCW Leopold FC700R white $125
TCW RealForce 87U black $280

The QFR (with blacks) I have now was $82, way lower than those prices.  And it was in Melbourne so pickup, saving on postage costs.

The cheapest option seems to be the Leopold from PCCG, but that space bar.  The next cheapest is PCCG Ducky Shine II, but not another board with red LEDs please.

Anyone got any links to vendors of TKL MX red keyboards in Australia?

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline psi

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Where are the MX red TKL keyboards in Australia?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 15:15:21 »
Yikes!  For a minute I wondered how I missed that, having already looked at the TCW site.

However I reviewed their "mechanical keyboards" site, where this particular keyboard is not listed.  sign

Thanks for that :)

Any others that anyone knows of?  There don't seem to be that many mech keyboard sellers in Australia :(

Plus ... welcome to Geekhack!  Thank you for enlightening me with your first post ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2013, 15:18:48 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 01:26:17 »
The Leopolds may have the odd space bar, but thy already come with thick PBT, thus it's not necessary to replace the keycaps.  You could add some modifier caps in another color if you wanted.  The gray FC700R is beautiful as is, in my personal opinion.  And I wish we could get them that cheap in the US :(

As for CM, they are having stock shortages in the US too.  Except for blue switches, and black.  Blues are the cheapest and easiest to find.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 01:36:19 »
Thick PBT, but not Cherry font ;)

This keyboard will probably end up as my keycap display board, so interchangeability or keycaps, including space, is paramount.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 04:14:31 »
You know what, having found qtan's KeyCool TKL MX reds (white case), I am tempted.  Price is actually slightly less than ordering from Australia.

jdcarpe's review is sufficiently positive that I am seriously considering it.

Opinions on both, anyone?

Edit: Ordering from his store (in contradistinction to eBay) is even cheaper.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2013, 05:38:14 by rowdy »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 13:59:06 »
I thought Keycool has spacebar compatibility issues as well.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 18:45:19 »
Damnit!  Research fail.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36034.0

Already ordered.

Oh well.

And it was still cheaper than the local Leopold.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 18:48:00 »
Should still be a nice keyboard :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 19:22:44 »
I hope so.

At least it's white - and according to the review linked above, it is whiter than white ;D