Author Topic: Official League of Legends GH Thread  (Read 1029140 times)

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Re: Official League of Legends GH Thread
« Reply #600 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 18:05:41 »
:( sad week as a clg fan.
Show Image

I wanted to punch someone when that baron went awry :/

My fantasy points that game though.. dlift + xwx :p
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #601 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 18:13:47 »
I'm not trying to start an argument, but I'm interested to know what you LoL players think of Dota's International and the prize pool etc.

Do you think it's good for eSports seeing the interest showed by ESPN and T-Mobile sponsoring EG?

<3 from a fellow MOBA player
I hope riot lets us do something similar (the prize pool thing).  I really like to see companies/developers helping and putting money towards their game esports wise.  Blizzard didn't do it well and thats one reason why SC2 is kind of a flop in comparison to other games.

I didn't even know espn had anything to do with TI as I haven't watched it at all.  As for tmobile thats not exactly something surprising to me, but we also don't know how much they're going to be providing.  I mean it could be as little as giving the team phones and saying they are are a sponsor.  But looking at korea they have samsung and sk telecom helping teams.  If you didn't know SKT is huge and provides like half of the mobile service in south korea.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #602 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 18:59:06 »
:( sad week as a clg fan.
Show Image

I wanted to punch someone when that baron went awry :/

My fantasy points that game though.. dlift + xwx :p

Still beat you in Geekhack 2.0 league :P

I'm not trying to start an argument, but I'm interested to know what you LoL players think of Dota's International and the prize pool etc.

Do you think it's good for eSports seeing the interest showed by ESPN and T-Mobile sponsoring EG?

I hope riot lets us do something similar (the prize pool thing).  I really like to see companies/developers helping and putting money towards their game esports wise.  Blizzard didn't do it well and thats one reason why SC2 is kind of a flop in comparison to other games.

I didn't even know espn had anything to do with TI as I haven't watched it at all.  As for tmobile thats not exactly something surprising to me, but we also don't know how much they're going to be providing.  I mean it could be as little as giving the team phones and saying they are are a sponsor.  But looking at korea they have samsung and sk telecom helping teams.  If you didn't know SKT is huge and provides like half of the mobile service in south korea.

Second the sentiments in the first part. It would be nice if Riot Games let us buy something to add to the prize pool. I would definitely buy into it.

I heard about the ESPN thing and T-Mobile sponsoring EG, I think its definitely a positive step forward for legitimizing esports further.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #603 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 19:11:51 »
Not like anyone in that league was gonna reach 300 points :/

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #604 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 19:14:23 »
I pretty much gave up on the GH league lol.  Alliance was doing so well...then started to flop.  And even their wins didn't put up enough pts XD.  I should be tied for first in my other league though.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #605 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 19:17:17 »
I pretty much gave up on the GH league lol.  Alliance was doing so well...then started to flop.  And even their wins didn't put up enough pts XD.  I should be tied for first in my other league though.

Well, its never a good idea to get too many players all from one team in general. I started dropping some of my Alliance players throughout my leagues because they just aren't putting up the numbers anymore.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Official League of Legends GH Thread
« Reply #606 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 19:18:06 »

Well, its never a good idea to get too many players all from one team in general. I started dropping some of my Alliance players throughout my leagues because they just aren't putting up the numbers anymore.

Apparently fnatic and millenium are all the rage now

Froggen is still Mr. Consistent though

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #607 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 19:47:49 »

Yeah, the whole prize pool thing is really a shout out to just how much people fork out on Valve games in terms of barbies/hats etc. The compendium which funded the prize pool gives players a lot of benefits, and as much money as Valve makes off it all, I think in the end it benefits the players. The attention that the tournament gains just eans valve will appreciate how much people like the game, and do even more to developing it.

ESPN2 did a feature on it on Friday I think (?) and it's being broadcast on ESPN3. Not that it really needs to be with all the different streams on Twitch. And who knows how much T-Mobile will help out. I've not seen what they've given the teams, but their announcement really leaned towards an understanding of the game, and hopefully it will mean more large corporations will join in on the hype of eSports.

I would agree in part about the SC2 thing, as it's still massive in Korea, but it's popularity elsewhere isn't great, mainly because Koreans are just too damn good at it.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #608 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 20:08:21 »
Yeah, the whole prize pool thing is really a shout out to just how much people fork out on Valve games in terms of barbies/hats etc. The compendium which funded the prize pool gives players a lot of benefits, and as much money as Valve makes off it all, I think in the end it benefits the players. The attention that the tournament gains just eans valve will appreciate how much people like the game, and do even more to developing it.

ESPN2 did a feature on it on Friday I think (?) and it's being broadcast on ESPN3. Not that it really needs to be with all the different streams on Twitch. And who knows how much T-Mobile will help out. I've not seen what they've given the teams, but their announcement really leaned towards an understanding of the game, and hopefully it will mean more large corporations will join in on the hype of eSports.

I would agree in part about the SC2 thing, as it's still massive in Korea, but it's popularity elsewhere isn't great, mainly because Koreans are just too damn good at it.
I don't think I would say SC2 is "massive" in korea.  It pales in comparison to BW and league.  Blizzard just ****ed up too much and there were a lot of poorly executed things such as WCS.  It's not popular in pc bangs like BW was because it isnt piratable which is why league got so big.

I didn't even see the tmobile thing.  All I saw was a like 1 sentence tweet.  But esports is definitely growing.  I was surprised when I saw cloud 9 got sponsored by the air force.

And of course the prize pool thing helps out players.  But it also helps out valve.  The more money you put in, the more you get out.  Both in terms of growth and just revenue.  Which in turn just means they can put even more into the competitive events. 

There's a huge difference in games which receive backing from their makers compared to those who don't.  It's one reason why certain fighting games make it to EVO and others don't. 

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #609 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 22:30:16 »
At least my TSM team got some points today..

Offline LittleMidget17

« Reply #610 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 23:17:19 »
My username on NA is "I Love My Fedora" and my LAN name is "Yhoxu" i like playing on lan cause its easy and i love the low ping if anyone wants to duo with me pm me here

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #611 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 02:02:47 »
Goodbye skins  :'(

Offline missalaire

« Reply #612 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 08:10:30 »

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #613 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 11:37:45 »
Goodbye skins  :'(

?

It was the last day to redeem skins that they expired. All the old pax skins and whatnot

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #614 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:24:46 »
Soooo, Urrm Apparently I have Swill added on league... Not sure how this happened, I don't think anyone ever sent me a friend request :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #615 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 06:33:22 »
Easy win in fantasy lcs over CK Briefs with 0.4 points!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #616 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:07:38 »

Yeah fk clg's slump

Dexter has 5 points
Wdf is that

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #617 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:25:16 »
CLG didn't do so good yesterday :<

Offline missalaire

« Reply #618 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 14:07:00 »
CLG didn't do so good yesterday :<

Yep, hurt me in a few of my leagues, but I think I came out ahead in most of them.

Yeah fk clg's slump

Dexter has 5 points
Wdf is that

Even in CLG's wins, he doesn't seem to score that great in general.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #619 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 20:35:14 »
Well http://clgaming.net/news/603-clg-to-bootcamp-in-korea-with-montecristo I'm both happy and sad about this...I hope this boot camp puts out results though :D.  It's a smart move though imo.  Punish riot for some of the stupid rules/format they have. 

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Official League of Legends GH Thread
« Reply #620 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 20:49:44 »
Well http://clgaming.net/news/603-clg-to-bootcamp-in-korea-with-montecristo I'm both happy and sad about this...I hope this boot camp puts out results though :D.  It's a smart move though imo.  Punish riot for some of the stupid rules/format they have.

I NEED TO SWITCH OUT MY CLG PLAYERS RITO

Edit: Based rito answered my prayers
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 July 2014, 21:44:16 by CK Briefs »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #621 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:07:45 »
Yes Millenium keep troll pickïng! :cool:

Offline missalaire

« Reply #622 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:15:17 »

MIL and ALL keep stacking kills pls

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #623 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:19:28 »

I woke up after the first couple minutes into the game (I had wisdom teeth surgery today) and was confused lol.  At first I thought it was just alliance trolling bc it didn't matter then I saw mil picks and realized it was the same.

I need to rewatch the champ select for caster reactions later.  This game looks like so much fun.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #624 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:20:42 »

I woke up after the first couple minutes into the game (I had wisdom teeth surgery today) and was confused lol.  At first I thought it was just alliance trolling bc it didn't matter then I saw mil picks and realized it was the same.

I need to rewatch the champ select for caster reactions later.  This game looks like so much fun.
It is! Casters even calling Millenium, "TSM", and the twitch chat goes crazy

Offline missalaire

« Reply #625 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:23:46 »
Yeah, its a hilarious game. More number stacking pls :D

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #626 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:27:28 »
Yeah, its a hilarious game. More number stacking pls :D
Y u do dis :( Gonna loose cause of this  :'( #justfantasylcsthings

What a win by CLG!
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:31:10 by Signature »

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #627 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:33:46 »
I hope we see some joke tweets by players mocking the CW satlyness from last week(i think it was last week? vs alliance) about this game.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #628 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:45:39 »
Lol looks like ima 8-0 the first GH league

Do I win something? :)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #629 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:47:30 »

Clack Factory sponsores with free clacks!  ;)

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #630 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:49:42 »

Clack Factory sponsores with free clacks!  ;)

As if. :(

Offline missalaire

« Reply #631 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:50:19 »

Time to tell Ashe Ketchum to swap out his CLG jungle and I wouldn't get ahead of yourself just yet. You'll still win in standings, but it may not be 8-0 :P

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #632 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 16:15:19 »
Looks like I am destined to never win a week..  :(

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #633 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 16:21:37 »

Time to tell Ashe Ketchum to swap out his CLG jungle and I wouldn't get ahead of yourself just yet. You'll still win in standings, but it may not be 8-0 :P

Why are you so mean :(

Offline missalaire

« Reply #634 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 21:55:07 »

Why are you so mean :(

Not being mean, it's not nice to play unfair.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #635 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 17:17:45 »
It's okay. He didn't pick his own players so the auto draft is the winner  :-*

Plus, been a but busy and wasn't able to change it even though it was still 11:59am haha. Oh well :)

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #636 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 18:42:38 »
It's okay. He didn't pick his own players so the auto draft is the winner  :-*

Plus, been a but busy and wasn't able to change it even though it was still 11:59am haha. Oh well :)

Auto drafts me fnatic solo lanes + jungle = best thing ever :P

Offline missalaire

« Reply #637 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 23:43:30 »
Who needs farm when you can farm champions?

Offline paulen

« Reply #638 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 23:45:21 »
:)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #639 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 23:54:04 »
Just played my first game in 5 months and went 9/3 as cait. Other team ff'd at 25. I'm pretty happy with myself.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #640 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 00:21:32 »
Just played my first game in 5 months and went 9/3 as cait. Other team ff'd at 25. I'm pretty happy with myself.

Nice!  ;D

Offline missalaire

« Reply #641 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 22:22:33 »

Nice, what's your IGN?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #642 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 12:44:51 »
You can add me to the list:
EUW:
Tigertaìl
Tails doll
EUNE:
Unreplaced14

:)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #643 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 12:47:23 »

Nice, what's your IGN?

exitfire401. If you guys ever want to add me on anything, it's exitfire401 haha. Sometimes the "e" at the beginning will be capitalized, but it'll be the same name on everything.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline missalaire

« Reply #644 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 03:19:01 »

This game suck man.

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #645 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 04:13:06 »
Show Image

This game suck man.

Just win the next one!

Offline Shikarikato

« Reply #646 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 07:18:56 »
Can someone give me a recap on whats the current meta? I don't even remember what people were playing in end of S3 w-w.
Hoping I can hit D5 next season!!!!

Offline Dragowing193

• Lab Monkey
« Reply #647 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 07:52:16 »
Can someone give me a recap on whats the current meta? I don't even remember what people were playing in end of S3 w-w.
Hoping I can hit D5 next season!!!!

The current meta is one that has a lot more flexibility and variation than most other times. Top lane is seeing champs from Maokai to Swain and is normally in a double AP comp now, but can still see traditional tanks like Mundo. Since ADC sustain was nerfed hard (life steal), more teams have been leaning to sustain supports, like Nami preferably, but will still use playmaking supports like Braum and Thresh. Jungle tier is pretty much the same with Lee Sin, Jarvan, Elise, Eve and Kha. Mid is whatever goes at this point. We have seen Zilean, Talon and even AD Trist mid recently, so that is up for grabs. ADC is anything but Urgot, Graves and Quinn. Either teamfighting or lane bully team comps are picked at the moment, not much split pushing. Patches have changed a lot of things since the time you were last in the scene. That was a very brief rundown for you. Ultimately, you can pick whatever you want in solo-queue and win, if you are good at the champion. Except ADC Urgot. No. Just don't.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #648 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 22:40:06 »
Is there codes being handed out this year at PAX? I managed to get codes last year for the OCE server. Just wondering if i should hunt around abit or not.

Offline jdrone411

« Reply #649 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 00:44:43 »
yes they are giving arcade mf and riot kayle this year, but in some regions it will not work, I hope there's a riot problem and not some regions banned, even tho codes start with WW, salute