Poll

Which theme should be the default at GeekHack?

Austere (current)
61 (26.4%)
Thoriated (previous)
61 (26.4%)
Nostalgia
109 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 231

Author Topic: [POLL] Forum default theme  (Read 28985 times)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: [POLL] Forum default theme
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 18:17:47 »
Do you mean the "Go Up"  button on the bottom left of every thread page as well as every subforum? (next to page numbers).  There's also "go down".
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Coreda

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 20:38:41 »
nothing to do with theme but I WOULD LOVE A BOTTOM-RIGHT STATIC BUTTON that brings back to top of page :)  Same as on e-bay site.

I never quite understand 'Top' buttons on sites, as the Home key exists on almost every keyboard, and it usually is an anchor link which requires clicking Back twice to return to the previous page (unless it's using JS).

Offline kilogeek

• Nostalgy of a time when quality was a value
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 05:38:23 »
nothing to do with theme but I WOULD LOVE A BOTTOM-RIGHT STATIC BUTTON that brings back to top of page :)  Same as on e-bay site.

I never quite understand 'Top' buttons on sites, as the Home key exists on almost every keyboard, and it usually is an anchor link which requires clicking Back twice to return to the previous page (unless it's using JS).

Home key is not on my mouse  :p  (very hard when you are 45 to change habbits)
"Ne pas subir" - Devise de Saint-Cyr.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 10:51:43 »
Whilst I appreciate that Nostalgia is nostalgic (pun intended) for many - it makes my eyeballs hurt after just a few minutes....  Thoriated all the way for me
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 11:19:58 »
People use something besides nostalgia? Crazy! It's black and orange, one of the main things I love here! :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 15:17:34 »
+1 Nostalgia.

It was GH when I joined, it still is GH to me.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 22:41:50 »
Nostalgia is the default theme of my heart  :llama:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 22:56:43 »
Nostalgia is the default theme of my heart  :llama:

Mine has a sort of reddish pink theme.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TheMark

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 14:50:06 »
This is only my second post (first being in new-members area)

I hate to complain so soon, but damn... I'm forced to use Tapatalk to be able to read the site. The black/orange looks cool but my eyes are bleeding after 10mins. (I have 20/20 without glasses)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 15:01:14 »

I hate to complain so soon, but damn... I'm forced to use Tapatalk to be able to read the site. The black/orange looks cool but my eyes are bleeding after 10mins. (I have 20/20 without glasses)

You can change the theme in the settings.  Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout.  If you don't like the black background, I recommend Austere (Thoriated is also a reasonable option).

Offline TheMark

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 15:50:10 »

You can change the theme in the settings.  Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout.  If you don't like the black background, I recommend Austere (Thoriated is also a reasonable option).

Thank You! X1000