Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2777892 times)

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #2050 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 10:06:47 »
Oh, shoot, I was talking about the nub accuracy over the trackpad.

But thanks for the link. I will check them out.

I've actually seen mechanical keyboards that have the nub. But I cannot recall the name for the life of me. I think it was some kind of custom. Had a nub in the middle and extra keys below the space bar to act as the buttons on a track pad. I'll try to search for it but I don't remember the name.

Not the specific keyboard I was looking for, but I remembered some Unicomps have the nubs. http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/EnduraPro
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 October 2014, 10:09:05 by connorelsea »

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2051 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 10:07:43 »

I've actually seen mechanical keyboards that have the nub. But I cannot recall the name for the life of me. I think it was some kind of custom. Had a nub in the middle and extra keys below the space bar to act as the buttons on a track pad. I'll try to search for it but I don't remember the name.

Check out the TEX Yoda.  ;)

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #2052 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 10:10:42 »

Check out the TEX Yoda.  ;)

BOOOM look at that beautiful bastard! Now that is what I'm talking about.

Thanks!!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2053 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 11:05:03 »

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #2054 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 11:19:55 »
(Attachment Link)

I've seen this one before around GH. That custom case and those key caps get me aroused...

Love it!

Offline ankeys

« Reply #2055 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 11:45:20 »
Quickfire XT with cherry browns

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #2056 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 12:17:59 »
Unfortunately using this until the new keys for my WASD come in. But it's one of the best chiclet keyboard I've ever used!

I typed on an HP laptop for over two years and know exactly how you feel. After going mechanical, though, the lack of travel makes it a lot less satisfying =/

The true chiclet experience:
KBParadise V60 with Cherry MX Browns | Corsair K60 with Cherry MX Reds

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #2057 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 13:11:08 »
Well seeing as I am at work...and bored...and dying to do something else:

The last keyboard I used prior to my work computer was a QFR with blacks. I also have a few novelty caps on that bad boy. Haven't used my Poker II in over a week come to think of it.

Offline Hardwired Havok

• Real heroes are never made public.
« Reply #2058 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 14:11:50 »
This wonderful '89 Model M 1391401

Nice :)

Original coiled cable too?

Although you seem to be missing Tab!

Yeah, unfortunately I need to pickup a Tab key, but was hoping to get some new keycaps instead of just a replacement, but alas I have been unable to find any custom keys :(

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2059 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 18:23:08 »
Once I can finish the soldering, and Apple M0110
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2060 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 08:04:46 »
Well, I've been using my HHKB for 4 days now and I'm slowly getting the love for the layout as I continue to adjust, but I think I still prefer the typing feel of the realforce.  If only there were a metal plate version of the HHKB.  Maybe I'll prefer the HHKB feel if I give it more time, but I dunno.  Maybe it's also the rubberdome weight variance at work too, but from what I've read the plate makes a big difference.

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=i7ed37u9hc8i5bs2g3iqgfrlab2gk24s&topic=63161.0
« Reply #2061 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 14:26:23 »
I am using 356.2 with old black switches(from cherry 2551). It really good touch feeling
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #2062 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 14:58:05 »
I was using a poker II with blues but got tired of the clicky sound all the time so I got one with browns! Unfortunately the LEDs aren't all consistent though :(

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 October 2014, 15:01:09 by Booper »
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline Hardwired Havok

• Real heroes are never made public.
« Reply #2063 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 18:03:29 »
I was using a poker II with blues but got tired of the clicky sound all the time so I got one with browns! Unfortunately the LEDs aren't all consistent though :(

Show Image

My dear, what keycap is the escape key? That is a lovely Poker II. Do you know the dimensions of the spacebar?

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2064 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 18:14:24 »

Show Image

My dear, what keycap is the escape key? That is a lovely Poker II. Do you know the dimensions of the spacebar?
It's a Warmaster key made by Hot Keys.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59452.0
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #2065 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 19:28:32 »
Using the mushy keyboard on my '13 rMBP while I decide which board to pick as my next daily driver...

Leaning towards HHKB Pro 2 Type-S  :'(
null

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2066 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 20:15:32 »
Using the mushy keyboard on my '13 rMBP while I decide which board to pick as my next daily driver...

Jumping in to the deep end with both feet tied to your wallet :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2067 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 20:20:13 »

Oh don't worry, I've planned it all out. Selling my future firstborn son and my left foot to pay for this.

In other words, I'm selling off most of my mechs to pay for it!

So far I've sold Poker II with Clears, Vortex case, Keycaps.

Last thing I need to sell to have the funds necessary to purchase this beast is my Topre Type Heaven!
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 October 2014, 20:22:29 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2068 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 20:29:38 »

Oh don't worry, I've planned it all out. Selling my future firstborn son and my left foot to pay for this.

Last thing I need to sell to have the funds necessary to purchase this beast is my Topre Type Heaven!

At least you know what you're getting yourself in for ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2069 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 20:57:47 »

Part of my intent in getting a Type-S is so that I won't have any better options to consider for small form-factor Topre boards and where there is no want, I can finally graduate to doing something productive with my time as opposed to lusting after keyboards for hours upon hours... like coding for once haha.

(is this a misguided belief?)
null

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2070 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 21:39:45 »

Part of my intent in getting a Type-S is so that I won't have any better options to consider for small form-factor Topre boards and where there is no want, I can finally graduate to doing something productive with my time as opposed to lusting after keyboards for hours upon hours... like coding for once haha.

Yes.

There is always another keyboard that you need.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2071 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 21:57:36 »

Yes.

There is always another keyboard that you need.

Before that I'll need the imaginary PBT spacebar for the HHKB and Hasu's controller, and a nice replacement keycap for ESC.

And then I'll want to swap my brand new double sleeved cable (that I just received from Pexon) with one that matches that keycap.

Following which, I'll want a black HHKB, then realize I can't use anything but silenced Topres anymore, so I'll want to silence mod it.

Then I'll want 55g and Novatouch stems...
Oh God..... I can't even fathom how this trail ends...
null

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2072 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 23:06:30 »
The search never ends.  I just bought an HHKB Type-S and now I've been thinking about getting a 55g 87u (though if I like it I'd probably harvest it for the HHKB) or maybe trying the FC660C (since I like the 60% form factor but prefer metal plate mounted and would welcome arrow keys, though I'd miss the HHKB layout).  Temptation always exists.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2073 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 00:28:07 »
Back to using the Poker2 again.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #2074 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 00:30:33 »

Show Image

Looking good, buddy boo~

I recently put thick PBT's back on my Filco too :D Feels and looks good.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2075 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 01:05:57 »

Show Image

Looking good, buddy boo~

Thanks  :)

Yeah,  I always end up going back to IMSTO's dye-subs.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #2076 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 03:20:23 »

Show Image

Looking good, buddy boo~

This x100. I put my IMSTO dye-subs back on tonight!

My Filco is back in its natural and ultimate form!

RGBY 4 lyfe ~<3

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #2077 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 03:35:28 »
Work: ducky shine 3
Gaming: Strike 7  :-[
Home: Logitech wireless

Would have a better collection if i knew all about mkb earlier.  :blank:
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline blackbox

« Reply #2078 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 15:14:15 »
Work: ducky shine 3
Gaming: Strike 7  :-[
Home: Logitech wireless

Would have a better collection if i knew all about mkb earlier.  :blank:

Well you have to start somewhere! :)
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline MahBoi

« Reply #2079 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 15:47:37 »
Uncle-Phil-approved Duck Mini with Matias clicky switches

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2080 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 19:31:01 »
At the moment I'm using the free scissor-switch keyboard that came with my Dell XPS 8700.... It's actually quite efficient for gaming or typing, heh. I may end up selling my cherry boards / caps.

After all this time and money... Go figure. Maybe it's because I'm so used to the laptop keyboard at work. I feel like I type faster with it and make fewer errors.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2081 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 20:11:03 »

Show Image

Looking good, buddy boo~

RGBY 4 lyfe ~<3

Show Image

Still one of my favorite boards on GH. :] Not only does it have the looks, but the feels are awesome too!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #2082 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 20:37:57 »

RGBY 4 lyfe ~<3

Show Image

Still one of my favorite boards on GH. :] Not only does it have the looks, but the feels are awesome too!

You're still one of my favorite members on GH. :] Not only does you have the looks, but you got my feels too!

<3

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2083 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 20:40:04 »

RGBY 4 lyfe ~<3

Show Image

You're still one of my favorite members on GH. :] Not only does you have the looks, but you got my feels too!

<3

Them feels...!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #2084 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 20:42:24 »

RGBY 4 lyfe ~<3

Show Image

<3

Them feels...!

Join in, baby.. because... I feels... you!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2085 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 20:56:02 »

<333

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #2086 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 21:03:41 »

Show Image

Looking good, buddy boo~

RGBY 4 lyfe ~<3

Show Image

Those clacks o.o

drools

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #2087 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 21:09:26 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2088 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 22:21:39 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2089 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 22:24:08 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 October 2014, 22:34:16 by VesperSAINT »

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #2091 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 05:25:46 »
I'm using my Viper right no--wait what's going on ITT?

If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2092 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 12:01:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome  :thumb:

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #2093 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 12:46:44 »

Show Image

Show Image

Those caps!! So beautiful!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2094 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 06:57:53 »
81299-0

Decided to switch things up.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2095 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:19:18 »
Just got my FC660C today and I'm really digging it.  I know it's blasphemy but I like this more than my HHKB.  I mean, I do miss the backspace location, but I really prefer the feel and having arrows again is nifty.  Probably better to have a standard layout again as well since I still use the standard at work.  I am kinda tempted to switch out the silent sliders from my Type-S to put into this, but I dunno.  I think part of why I like the FC and realforce more is because the sound adds to experience.  Or maybe it is really just the plastic vs metal.  Guess I can find out.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:25:32 by a_ak57 »

Offline DasHHKBProM

« Reply #2096 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:28:27 »
Just got my FC660C today and I'm really digging it.  I know it's blasphemy but I like this more than my HHKB.  I mean, I do miss the backspace location, but I really prefer the feel and having arrows again is nifty.  Probably better to have a standard layout again as well since I still use the standard at work.  I am kinda tempted to switch out the silent sliders from my Type-S to put into this, but I dunno.  I think part of why I like the FC and my realforce more is because the sound adds to experience.  Or maybe it is really just the plastic vs metal.

I share your opinion, FC660C is better than the (*regular) hhkb, aside from the ugly font and grey keycaps
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:36:28 by DasHHKBProM »

Offline swathe

« Reply #2097 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:30:34 »
My new stock as a Rock DAS Professional S (Not a V4 I hate the volume knob)  with MX Blues I made work buy me.
DAS Professional MX Blue
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Edition MX Blue

Linux + Emacs

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2098 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 00:03:08 »
KBParadise V60 MTS - Matias Clicky Switches

Can't wait to replace the keycaps.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #2099 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 15:28:19 »
w/ Blacks