Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1404423 times)

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #2000 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:02:57 »
Just got a call back about a Android developer position I interviewed for last week and I got the job. So damn happy right now, best thing that's happened to me in the longest damn time!

Congratulation man! Hope you will enjoy it  :thumb:
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2001 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:05:02 »
Been in love with these joints

I'm a big fan of my joints too.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2002 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:23:00 »
Just got a call back about a Android developer position I interviewed for last week and I got the job. So damn happy right now, best thing that's happened to me in the longest damn time!

Congrats on the new job!
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:51:31 by noisyturtle »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #2003 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:24:12 »

grats bueller!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2004 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:49:51 »

Congrats, man!!!  That's awesome news!!  :D  I want to bake you a celebratory cake, but alas, Australia.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2005 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 23:03:24 »

Congrats, man!!!  That's awesome news!!  :D  I want to bake you a celebratory cake, but alas, Australia.
Hahaha I was just joking with my mate about that, I don't drink anymore so he said the only other way to celebrate is with a cake!

Can't wait to start, looks like such an awesome place to work. Casual clothes every day and really friendly people. And to make things even better all the upper management and HR are located in the US so us developers are free to do our work without interference.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline iri

« Reply #2006 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 00:53:57 »
congrats, bueller! learning java finally paid off. no more working at the docks, eh? :p

And to make things even better all the upper management and HR are located in the US so us developers are free to do our work without interference.
they will **** your brain from the distance :p
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2007 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 01:21:40 »
congrats, bueller! learning java finally paid off. no more working at the docks, eh? :p

And to make things even better all the upper management and HR are located in the US so us developers are free to do our work without interference.
they will **** your brain from the distance :p
Yeah man! Quitting all my ****kicker jobs on Monday, best feeling :)
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline GypsyDanger

« Reply #2008 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 05:22:17 »
Today I had friends over at my new apartment. We played cards against humanity, watched anime, and had hookah. It's the most fun I've had all summer.  ;D

Offline osi

« Reply #2009 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 08:57:56 »
Checking out the latest OS leak for the Q10

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2010 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:54:15 »

Explain?  I have a Q10 and the thing has recently become possessed.  I am getting a hardware replacement because the hardware has gone to ****, but I am also interested to know what is going on with the OS.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2011 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:17:23 »
Acupuncture this morning for my chronic pain. I'm not gay or anything, but the dude is pretty.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2012 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:19:35 »
Acupuncture this morning for my chronic pain. I'm not gay or anything, but the dude is pretty.

pretty what?? don't leave us hanging man....

Offline osi

« Reply #2013 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:21:50 »

Explain?  I have a Q10 and the thing has recently become possessed.  I am getting a hardware replacement because the hardware has gone to ****, but I am also interested to know what is going on with the OS.

10.3 is the bomb - This OS and experience is what should have shipped with these devices in the first place. Not sure what direction blackberry was taking the past few years but  OS versions pre 10.3 to me were archaic.

Installing the leaks has become extremely easy though. Normally thesy are distributed via "autoloaders".  Double-click and wait!

As you know, these are not official releases and carry no support. Leaks may or may not contain full functionality for your device such as recording video for example -- usually in the MAY NOT category.

Make backups.... and try it out then revert back if you want. I get mah leeks from crack berry dizzot com forums

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2014 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 15:42:25 »
Realized I need a LightSaver V2 in my life.

Back of the bus!
I'm holding a v1 and need a v2 badly. I need that 1800 layout.

Offline iri

« Reply #2015 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 16:41:18 »
Met a guy from Crimea in the bar. He told us that the place is very cool now and we all should come there for a vacation.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2016 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 17:00:45 »
crimea is beautiful, just highly contested

so in other words you should still probably not go there
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline iri

« Reply #2017 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 17:20:18 »
crimea is beautiful, just highly contested
There is no contest any more. We won.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2018 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 17:21:37 »
oh neat
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #2019 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 20:55:48 »
Yoga outside. It was much needed after this week, but I could have done without the humidity.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2020 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 20:59:09 »
Back of the bus!
I'm holding a v1 and need a v2 badly. I need that 1800 layout.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2021 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 22:02:36 »
Started packing up house today. Noticed that at least a quarter of all my worldly possessions mass is in video games  :-X

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2022 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 22:05:03 »
Started packing up house today. Noticed that at least a quarter of all my worldly possessions mass is in video games  :-X

If you need some cash, you can always sell a bunch of them to Gamestop.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2023 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 23:05:16 »

If you need some cash, you can always sell a bunch of them to Gamestop.

Starfox Super Weekend? Well it's an old game, and it doesn't even have the box or manual. Best I can do is .36¢

Offline iri

« Reply #2024 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 07:17:24 »
TIL that Russian is the 3rd most difficult language for native English speakers to learn, behind only Chinese and Arabic

ha, how optimistic.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #2025 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 11:26:10 »
TIL that Russian is the 3rd most difficult language for native English speakers to learn, behind only Chinese and Arabic

ha, how optimistic.

I'm learning it and it's difficult even for a native of another Slavic language. Russian grammar is brutal  :confused: But, at least I was able to learn the alphabet easily.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #2026 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 11:49:29 »
Morning class on Saturday,  yay...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2027 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 12:31:52 »

ha, how optimistic.

Chinese isn't that hard

I'd say Thai is harder

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2028 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 12:39:32 »
how hard is Tolkien's elvish, on the topic of languages
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2029 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 13:47:25 »

Dude, that's awesome, congratulations!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2030 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 14:20:17 »
Waited for KBK sale. Participated. Now what should I do...   :confused: hehe

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2031 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 14:35:09 »
Waited for KBK sale. Participated. Now what should I do...   :confused: hehe

Celebrate? (I hope)
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2032 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 17:35:31 »
Went to an air show featuring the Air Force Thunderbirds.  Pics to follow after editing.  One camera had 1147 images and the other had 416 images just from the event.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2033 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 17:36:30 »
I want to go to an airshow T_T

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2034 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 17:37:42 »

Come to the biggest one in the world (I think?) right by me.  EAA Airventure in Oshkosh. 

You'll have to wait til next August though, it ended about two weeks ago.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2035 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 17:40:44 »
Went to an air show featuring the Air Force Thunderbirds.  Pics to follow after editing.  One camera had 1147 images and the other had 416 images just from the event.

I know that feel. Last year after "wannagofast" I had a little over 2,000 pics

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2036 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 18:51:05 »

The last air show I went to a guy didn't pull up in time and was killed. Right after it happened the announcer got on the speakers telling people to go check out the concession stands and grab a cold drink. Left a bad taste in my mouth (not the drink, the announcer's attitude.) :(

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2037 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 19:10:33 »

The last air show I went to a guy didn't pull up in time and was killed. Right after it happened the announcer got on the speakers telling people to go check out the concession stands and grab a cold drink. Left a bad taste in my mouth (not the drink, the announcer's attitude.) :(

That is actually exactly what they are supposed to do.  Take the attention away from the accident and let the proper crews do what they need to do.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2038 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 22:27:25 »
Went to Best Buy to pick up a galaxy tab. After she got the box, I asked her if they had any USB OTG cables so I could hook up my 660M. She comes back, no cable, but instead with a bunch of bluetooth scissor switch keyboards. Part of me wanted to explain how unacceptable these POS's were, but restrained and simply said "No thanks, I have a few of my own"
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #2039 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 03:44:23 »
I went to a friends's birthday party. Mind you, this was a typical girl gathering. I get out my new keyboard and immediately everyone is amazed by the pretty lights. Then they were amazed by the Cherry MX Blues when compared to my laptop. I think these girly girls might secretly be a little geeky. I may have cried tears of joy.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline iri

« Reply #2040 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 04:23:17 »
I went to a friends's birthday party. Mind you, this was a typical girl gathering. I get out my new keyboard and immediately everyone is amazed by the pretty lights
that's not unusual. girls like pretty things.

what is weird is guys constantly looking for new cutie bling-bling keycaps to decorate their keyboards.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2041 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 08:07:41 »
I CAN'T LIKE PRETTY THINGS TOO IRI?? :(

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2042 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 08:34:29 »

I went to a friends's birthday party. Mind you, this was a typical girl gathering. I get out my new keyboard and immediately everyone is amazed by the pretty lights

also i'm no homo (trademark) (copyright @2014)

FTFY
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #2043 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 11:44:23 »

also i'm no homo (trademark) (copyright @2014)

FTFY
My keycaps are rainbow, so no homo status is under suspicion!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #2044 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 13:33:21 »
yesterday: went to Peterhof.

75495-0

75497-1

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #2045 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 13:36:33 »
today: bought wedding rings. hope mine gives me +10 charisma or +10 dexterity or something else decent.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2046 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 13:37:59 »
Nice. I'd like to visit St Petersburg some time in the future when Russia has become a bit more free than it is now.

Today I visited a flea market and picked up a DVD of Spaced (a TV series with Simon Pegg) and the book jPod by Douglas Coupland.

Offline iri

« Reply #2047 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 13:41:17 »
Nice. I'd like to visit St Petersburg some time in the future when Russia has become a bit more free than it is now.
we've already hanged all our gays on the street light, no one is oppressed now.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2048 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 15:31:58 »
today: bought wedding rings. hope mine gives me +10 charisma or +10 dexterity or something else decent.

I want your life, you are always up to something interesting. Mine's boring and ****s me over constantly.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2049 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 15:39:36 »
+10 charisma or +10 dexterity or something else decent.
sacrifice it to enchant something else
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI