geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Gaming Headset?

<< < (2/9) > >>

Sifo:

--- Quote from: missalaire on Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:58:53 ---
--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:41:29 ---For a built-in mic, many people swear by Turtle Beach.

--- End quote ---

I've heard a lot of not so great things about Turtle Beach.

I'd probably recommend one of the Logitech headsets.

--- End quote ---

It's because he's a turtle.

I'd recommend good headphones + a modmic or zalman mic anyday, but go get a Siberia V2 or something if you need cheap.

CommunistWitchDr:
You won't find a good headset for under several hundred dollars (and a lot of those are geared for voice, not music/games) so just get separate units or pick the cheapest headset out there.

foxer:
Get Beyerdynamic dt770 pro's with a clip-on mic or modmic.

Parak:
If you're from EU, you can go the Qpad HQ-85/90 route. Rebadged Takstar headphones that are well received with a microphone added.

Grim Fandango:
Unfortunately almost any gaming headset, with few exceptions, have that "gamer look". I think Astro and Sennheiser make headsets that do not look silly but they tend to be a little expensive.

One other option would just be going the separate headphones and mic route. That gives you a lot more options regarding the quality and look of the headset. I use a cheap Asus Xonar sound card, Sennheiser HD 518 headphone.

For the mic I use a Samson Go mic. It is designed as a decent mic for on the go, but is awesome for a mic for normal use that does not suck and is affordable. I previously had the Zalman clip on mic but was not really satisfied. I have not experience with the modmic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version