Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8571225 times)

Offline pr0ximity

Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #4100 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:00:00 »
I'm using my Clack Sale Jammer on all of youz.  >:D

Knew there was something fishy...

I got really lucky during a couple BroCap sales, so I'm not too worried about this one, but man I'd love a Clack. Especially if I can get a BS, don't even know what I'd do. Got my technique down now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4101 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:00:20 »
Gonna do this one where I won my last 4grabs - at work using the Cisco business class service. Lol.

I saw a transparent red clack on Ebay auctioned for $365 the other day u_____u I've seen donation auctions go up that high but for greedy Ebayers.... holy heck. Whoever next posts a pic of a newly acquired one of those in the Post Your Clacks thread, I see you there big spender...
I briefly considered going into campus...but I decided I didn't want to be in my office at midnight  :p

Yeah, I'll be doing mine from the comfort of home...not worth going into work for 5 seconds worth of sending an e-mail.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4102 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:10:02 »
clack sale
not worth

:confused:  Does not compute.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4103 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:13:28 »
It'll be 13:20 today for me - the middle of lunch time, and would have been an ideal time to participate, had it been open to all.

Instead I shall just wish good luck to all the 'Muricans :)

And thanks and best wishes to CC ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4104 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:43:14 »
Gonna do this one where I won my last 4grabs - at work using the Cisco business class service. Lol.

I saw a transparent red clack on Ebay auctioned for $365 the other day u_____u I've seen donation auctions go up that high but for greedy Ebayers.... holy heck. Whoever next posts a pic of a newly acquired one of those in the Post Your Clacks thread, I see you there big spender...
I briefly considered going into campus...but I decided I didn't want to be in my office at midnight  :p

Yeah, I'll be doing mine from the comfort of home...not worth going into work for 5 seconds worth of sending an e-mail.

You guys should talk your IT dept into setting up a corporate VPN  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4105 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:50:48 »
Don't forget everyone: 10pm PST tonight is when the sale is  :thumb:

See you all at 10

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #4106 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:53:56 »
Don't forget everyone: 10pm PST tonight is when the sale is  :thumb:

See you all at 10

Thanks, nefariousturtle!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #4107 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:55:11 »
Trying to buy my first Clack, but I'm a bit confused. Where does he actually sell?

I see this thread under Artisan services with a link to a timer:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24468.0

Does he update that thread at 10PM PST and post the link to purchase? Or is the purchase link somewhere else.

A bit new to this, but trying to own my first artisan keycap.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #4108 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 16:15:04 »
Trying to buy my first Clack, but I'm a bit confused. Where does he actually sell?

I see this thread under Artisan services with a link to a timer:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24468.0

Does he update that thread at 10PM PST and post the link to purchase? Or is the purchase link somewhere else.

A bit new to this, but trying to own my first artisan keycap.

It's in the 4grabs thread now which is under ClackFactory, where you found that thread- that's only the pre-sale "heads up" post. I guess figuring it out is part of his screening process to be a Clack owner lol ;)

Edit;
protip - once you find the actual text that pertains to this sale in 4Grabs just use Refresh a lot near the time of the sale. And use the sale timer countdown with precision ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 July 2014, 16:16:52 by lazerpointer »
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4109 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 16:22:42 »
(7.30.14) I've been work, work, work, work, workin on my s**t

An easter egg from the Clack sub-forum! ClackFactory is into Iggy Azalea LMAO <3

...Me too mang, me too.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4110 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:11:47 »
(7.30.14) I've been work, work, work, work, workin on my s**t

An easter egg from the Clack sub-forum! ClackFactory is into Iggy Azalea LMAO <3

...Me too mang, me too.

You'd be lying if you didn't admit that a little Iggy Iggs.  She may not be the best lyricist, but she has such an interesting flow.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4111 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:26:07 »

I don't think you want to do that.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4112 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:33:55 »

My work's VPN works just fine.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4113 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:34:53 »

We have a vpn, just not worth it. The vpn speed is capped, so my home connection is faster.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #4114 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:41:39 »
I'd imagine ping is more important than pure speed when it comes to sending emails fast, right? :/

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #4115 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:46:35 »
If anyone down there in the states is feeling generous... There's a lonely Canadian who would love a Julysicle!! And my birthday was July 8th! 
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4116 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:47:09 »

A corporate VPN is different from the kind of VPN discussed in that thread. They're talking about "pirate" VPNs like HMA, Vyper, Astrill, etc used by spammers and P2P pirates. A corporate VPN simply allows me to connect to my employers network.

For instance, my company has a corporate VPN. I have a desktop system that I use at work and a laptop I take home with me. When I'm at home I can open a VPN connection to my companies network and behave as though I'm connected to the corporate LAN. I could RDP into my desktop system, access the company file server, etc. I can also access my gmail account on my work desktop and send my email from there and have the benefit of the corporate 1+ Gbps connection. For all the worlds concerned, it appears as though I'm sending email and accessing web sites through our corporate internet ... while sitting on my couch in my underwear  :p

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4117 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:48:40 »

If anyone down there in the states is feeling generous... There's a lonely Canadian who would love a Julysicle!! And my birthday was July 8th!

Ok topre for you!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #4118 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:51:49 »

Ok topre for you!
MX!!!! But if it was Topre, that would be another step toward the  HHKB I've been saying I'm gonna buy for the last year!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4119 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:54:27 »
Sending my email via the Apple Newton will ensure my victory!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4120 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:14:48 »
"Let Freedom PING!"

So, caps will only be sold to people with Filcos this time around?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4121 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:15:36 »
"Let Freedom PING!"

Filcos get 1 entry.
CODEs get 2.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4122 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:16:45 »
"Let Freedom PING!"

HaHa.   That would be awesome.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline aicrono

• A Touching Experience
« Reply #4123 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:18:36 »
"Let Freedom PING!"

Filcos get 1 entry.
CODEs get 2.

And my Rosewill I swapped clears into gets 10. :))

It's not too bad since all the switches, for the most part, have been broken in by now.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4124 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:20:07 »
"Let Freedom PING!"

Filcos get 1 entry.
CODEs get 2.

It's not too bad since all the switches, for the most part, have been broken in by now.

If your Rosewill is pinging, you did something wrong.

Source, my long ago ergo Clear modded RK-9000.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #4125 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:21:54 »
I am equally excited to not only participate in the sale but also to see what click clack has to offer.
RETIRED

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4126 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:24:14 »
Why am I going to a baseball game tonight?...   :'(

Hopefully I get back in time...  :-X

Need therapy.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4127 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:27:21 »
Why are you going to a baseball game ever, you mean?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4128 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:28:53 »
Why am I going to a baseball game tonight?...   :'(

Hopefully I get back in time...  :-X

Need therapy.

There's only one reason to go to a baseball game, to get drunk and heckle...or if you're a Scout or youth group leader I suppose.

If it makes you feel better, I'll be seeing someone from Denmark I haven't seen in about 20 years, so I can't exactly back out.  I may try with my phone, but I won't get anything.  I've been graced by Clack one before with his lasers of love, so I can't complain I suppose.

Offline aicrono

• A Touching Experience
« Reply #4129 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:30:36 »
"Let Freedom PING!"

Filcos get 1 entry.
CODEs get 2.

If your Rosewill is pinging, you did something wrong.

Source, my long ago ergo Clear modded RK-9000.

I don't believe I managed to screw anything up. May I ask where you sourced your switches from? Mine were brand new PCB mount(so I had to trim them of course) from MK.com. The pinging was not too terrible at all but I do type pretty heavily so that might have amplified it the small amounts of pinging there were on a few switches..

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4130 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 18:57:35 »
Cheaper to get drunk just about anywhere else BUT a baseball game :o

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4131 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:16:16 »

Plus a clack sale is waaaaay more exciting then some silly game of sport ball!

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #4132 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:28:32 »

Plus a clack sale is waaaaay more exciting then some silly game of sport ball!

While this is true, I find that significant others typically don't understand.  :))

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4133 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:28:57 »
You could get drunk, buy a couple clacks, AND a  keyboard to put them on instead of baseball + beer ;)

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #4134 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:41:09 »
hype....HYPE!
RETIRED

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #4135 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:49:58 »
A) F2 Red Skull
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #4136 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:53:04 »
So I thought it was 9:20 eastern. Did they change the clock or did I miscalculate (I was drunk on the thought of Clacks)?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4137 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:54:23 »
So, can we only put two items on our list or can we list as many as we want and receive a maximum of two?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4138 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:58:47 »
Was this one added today?

(TBA) The return of Keynny!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #4139 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:59:22 »

No, that one has been there for awhile.  So mysterious.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4140 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:01:21 »

DAMMIT KEYNNY!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4141 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:01:26 »

If it's a Kenny from South Park cap, it will be funny, but hard to not make it look like a vagina.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #4142 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:02:22 »

If it's a Kenny from South Park cap, it will be funny, but hard to not make it look like a vagina.

Green Kenny with red eyes, please.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4143 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:03:06 »

Green Kenny with red eyes, please.

Mr.Friday?

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4144 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:12:56 »
F2's are coming back? Interesting...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4145 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:36:25 »
Items 4 sale-

MX Compatible-

A) F2 Red Skull
B) Historic Blue Skull
C) Forgotten Red Skull

D) ?

T Compatible-

E) F2 Red Skull
F) Historic Blue Skull
G) Forgotten Red Skull
H) Unconscious Skull (zwei-color, Unecessary White eyes on Historic Blue)

I) Veteran

J) ?
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:38:04 by noisyturtle »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4146 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:37:32 »
Unconscious skull!

DROOL DROOL DROOLLLL!

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4147 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:41:01 »
Ooooh I wonder what veteran is like

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4148 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:42:57 »
- 2 different items/letters maximum per person.

Does this mean we can only put two items on our list or can we list as many as we want but will receive a maximum of two?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4149 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:45:46 »
- 2 different items/letters maximum per person.

Does this mean we can only put two items on our list or can we list as many as we want but will receive a maximum of two?

You can list as many as you want, you'll only get 2.