Author Topic: Bluetooth Wireless Mechanical w/ USB port-- Does it exist?  (Read 1063 times)

Offline leftyblack

Bluetooth Wireless Mechanical w/ USB port-- Does it exist?
« on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 19:20:19 »
Apologies for the newb question in the main channel, gentlemen, but google got me nothing, I could not glean the answer from your FAQ, and your classifieds look a bit too arcane for a post like this one.

I'm looking for a Bluetooth Wireless Mechanical keyboard w/ a USB port on the side that I can plug a wired gaming mouse into (and have both devices run off the bluetooth connection), or, in the alternative, a bluetooth wireless mechanical keyboard of any kind. Does it exist?

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: Bluetooth Wireless Mechanical w/ USB port-- Does it exist?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 19:31:50 »
Pretty sure that doesn't exist, as I'm not certain USB over Bluetooth is a thing.

Wireless only mech boards are a rarity, but possible. Most of the ones that I've seen are usually the result of a DIY project. Then there are the Matias Laptop Pro and Secure Pro keyboards, but those use Matias' Alps style switches and are quite a bit different from your standard Cherry MX mechanical keyboards.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 January 2015, 19:34:42 by daerid »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 19:33:30 »
If you aren't scared of getting a soldering iron out this thread contains all you need to convert any board using a Teensy (most DIY boards) to Bluetooth, is that any use?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Tactile

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 19:59:25 »
Filco makes the Majestouch Convertible which is USB wired or Bluetooth wireless...

https://www.diatec.co.jp/en/det.php?prod_c=1875
REΛLFORCE