Author Topic: Realforce 87u 55g Review!  (Read 45343 times)

Offline tehsprayer

Realforce 87u 55g Review!
« on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 18:33:48 »

This is my review on the Realforce 87u with uniform 55g keys!

Before I ordered this keyboard I was very hesitant on getting one because of the high price point on a keyboard, especially one that is only available from buying online. I have never had a chance to try any topre switches before and the closest I had to it was cherry mx browns (next to that mx blues). This is going to great a small review on the keyboard about the pros and cons and whether or not you should buy one!

Pros
- The sound of these switches are amazing not loud like blues, not quiet likes reds. In between and still very satisfying
- The key weighting is not heavy. I was worried about getting the 55g switches because people say that they are heavy. I have only used this keyboard for a few days and haven't broken them in yet and the keys are not heavy and not too light either.
- The keyboard comes with a red escape key, 4 purple WASD key caps and extra control and caps lock keys for the dip switch setting.
- Dye-sublimation key caps. These key caps are not engraved so you wont feel them but they are not printed on either so they wont rub off.
- DIP switches. Great way to disable the windows keys and swap the control and caps lock
- Quality. This board looks and feels very sturdy, does not move on the desk, no creaking. Couldn't ask for anything better.
- Size. The TKL layout is perfect! I do not use the numpad (even if I did there is numlock on this board) but it is nice to have dedicated arrow keys, del, page up/down and function keys.

Cons
- If you are not a touch typist the black version is not for you, the keys are nearly impossible to see with the lights off. Instead get the white!
- ABS spacebar. I haven't seen very much shine on my spacebar but it would be nice if these boards included pbt spacebars as all the other keys on the keyboard are pbt.
- Price. If the price is hard to come around, keep saving! This keyboard is worth every penny and also has a very high resale value.

Overall
This is a fantastic board! I love the tactile feedback this keyboard gives, it is very hard to explain but it feels like you put the most force at the beginning of the key press and it gets lighter as you follow through. Unfortunately, I haven't tried 45g topre switches to compare but I am in love with the 55g switches this keyboard has right now. Truth is, I wrote this review just because I enjoy typing on this keyboard.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM and I will try and answer them. I am no ripster opening the keyboard up and doing a whole bunch of tests, lubing keyboards but I know basic stuff.

REΛLFORCE 87U - uniform 55g

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
Re: Realforce 87u 55g Review!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 18:59:36 »
Ah yes...another convert.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 19:02:28 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 19:56:58 »
I really want to try a 55g topre board now

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 21:48:37 »
IMO, everybody should try the 55g Topre. It's the greatest switch ever made.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 22:31:37 »
I agree with this review. I, admittedly, have only used blue MX switches, so I have no strong base for comparison. I am thoroughly enjoying my Topre Realforce 87U 55g board. It took me about a day to get used to it. Now when I go back to blue MX switches I feel like they're just cheap and insubstantial compared to the Topre. I do miss the audible click. The "thock" isn't as satisfying as the click sound to me for some reason.

The best comparison of Topre vs MX switch I can think of is:
Topre = weighted piano key
MX = non-weighted keyboard key

It's a significantly different feel.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline listokei

• ListoKei Blog
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 08:40:16 »
I like realforce!
I have 86U one ^-^

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 10:09:19 »
I agree with this review. I, admittedly, have only used blue MX switches, so I have no strong base for comparison. I am thoroughly enjoying my Topre Realforce 87U 55g board. It took me about a day to get used to it. Now when I go back to blue MX switches I feel like they're just cheap and insubstantial compared to the Topre. I do miss the audible click. The "thock" isn't as satisfying as the click sound to me for some reason.

"THOCK" is better than "click" but I'm Topre biased.

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 20:28:44 »

This really makes me want to try the 55g keyboard...I love weighted piano keys...
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 20:34:23 »
I think I might buy a 55g White Realforce next..

Offline jameslr

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 20:36:27 »

This really makes me want to try the 55g keyboard...I love weighted piano keys...

Yup, me too. It's seriously what it feels like to me.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 21:02:25 »

from EK? That is the one I am looking to get (seems to be the lowest retail price)
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 21:04:32 »

from EK? That is the one I am looking to get (seems to be the lowest retail price)

Yeah. But I'm brokeskies right now. Will probably wait until I'm steady in a couple months. But its in my sights..

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 21:26:56 »

Yeah. But I'm brokeskies right now. Will probably wait until I'm steady in a couple months. But its in my sights..

Same here. That college struggle.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 08:08:30 »
Anyone whom is on the fence about trying a Topre board, I suggest you just take the plunge. You'll most likely fall in love like everyone else, but in the case you don't, you can easily offload it in the classifieds :)
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 15:31:55 »
Anyone whom is on the fence about trying a Topre board, I suggest you just take the plunge. You'll most likely fall in love like everyone else, but in the case you don't, you can easily offload it in the classifieds :)

Just let me 'borrow' yours :P

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 15:46:51 »

Just let me 'borrow' yours :P

Which one? :))
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 16:07:47 »

Just let me 'borrow' yours :p

something topre 55g  :thumb:

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 08:11:09 »

Just let me 'borrow' yours :p

something topre 55g  :thumb:

I only own two 45g's and a variable silent :eek: Sorry Ray!
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 08:24:06 »
I'm on the fence about buying a topre keyboard. Do you prefer your HHKB or Realforce?
And what is it that makes you prefer it?
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
KMAC Korean Custom with Clears
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 08:28:44 »
I'm on the fence about buying a topre keyboard. Do you prefer your HHKB or Realforce?

They're both almost worlds apart. The HHKB feels and sounds different from the FC660C which uses the exact same setup, 45g uniform, but plate mounted. I think I still prefer the plate mounted switches over case for now just because that's what I've started on, but that's just me. I think any Topre board you pick up will be enjoyable. I gotta say though, I've fallen head over heels for my 87u Type S.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 08:33:54 »

They're both almost worlds apart. The HHKB feels and sounds different from the FC660C which uses the exact same setup, 45g uniform, but plate mounted. I think I still prefer the plate mounted switches over case for now just because that's what I've started on, but that's just me. I think any Topre board you pick up will be enjoyable. I gotta say though, I've fallen head over heels for my 87u Type S.
Thank you for your advice :).
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
KMAC Korean Custom with Clears
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 10:31:58 »

Type S means silenced? How does silenced feel vs non silenced? Does it feel any different? I like the tactile feel.. not sure. There's a realforce silent on ebay i might try to win

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 10:37:58 »

Type S means silenced? How does silenced feel vs non silenced? Does it feel any different? I like the tactile feel.. not sure. There's a realforce silent on ebay i might try to win

In terms of feel, it doesn't feel much different compared to the 103u I used to own. Though, compared to any uniform boards it feels a bit lighter. Sound wise is where they're completely different. Non-silenced boards are loud and chattery at high speeds, while the silent boards are quiet at any typing speed and utterly silent at slow speeds. I absolutely adore it.

On the other hand, some people say the Type S HHKB's are a bit more refined and feel better compared to the non silent ones. I can't vouch for that as I only have a non-silenced HHKB and it feels pretty darn good as well. Crisp is the word I'd use to describe it.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 07:38:08 »
I really want to try a 55g topre board now

So now that I have one of these I do think I prefer the 55g vs the 45g.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the embeded numberpad. I'd rather have a setup where you press the bottom row menu key or perhaps the left windows key and they would act like an 'fn' key for the embedded number pad. Maybe this possible and I'm too noob to realize it.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 19:36:52 »
Show Image

Before I ordered this keyboard I was very hesitant on getting one because of the high price point on a keyboard, especially one that is only available from buying online. I have never had a chance to try any topre switches before and the closest I had to it was cherry mx browns (next to that mx blues). This is going to great a small review on the keyboard about the pros and cons and whether or not you should buy one!

Pros
- The sound of these switches are amazing not loud like blues, not quiet likes reds. In between and still very satisfying
- The key weighting is not heavy. I was worried about getting the 55g switches because people say that they are heavy. I have only used this keyboard for a few days and haven't broken them in yet and the keys are not heavy and not too light either.
- The keyboard comes with a red escape key, 4 purple WASD key caps and extra control and caps lock keys for the dip switch setting.
- Dye-sublimation key caps. These key caps are not engraved so you wont feel them but they are not printed on either so they wont rub off.
- DIP switches. Great way to disable the windows keys and swap the control and caps lock
- Quality. This board looks and feels very sturdy, does not move on the desk, no creaking. Couldn't ask for anything better.
- Size. The TKL layout is perfect! I do not use the numpad (even if I did there is numlock on this board) but it is nice to have dedicated arrow keys, del, page up/down and function keys.

Cons
- If you are not a touch typist the black version is not for you, the keys are nearly impossible to see with the lights off. Instead get the white!
- ABS spacebar. I haven't seen very much shine on my spacebar but it would be nice if these boards included pbt spacebars as all the other keys on the keyboard are pbt.
- Price. If the price is hard to come around, keep saving! This keyboard is worth every penny and also has a very high resale value.

Overall
This is a fantastic board! I love the tactile feedback this keyboard gives, it is very hard to explain but it feels like you put the most force at the beginning of the key press and it gets lighter as you follow through. Unfortunately, I haven't tried 45g topre switches to compare but I am in love with the 55g switches this keyboard has right now. Truth is, I wrote this review just because I enjoy typing on this keyboard.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM and I will try and answer them. I am no ripster opening the keyboard up and doing a whole bunch of tests, lubing keyboards but I know basic stuff.

The more I read about this keyboard the more I know that I am doing right in the world by saving for it. I own the Leopold fc660c and I absolutely love it, but I wanted a more standard tenkeyless for home settings, and the 60% for when I go back to school. I believe I will love the 55g weighting, and from what everyone has told me when on this topic I cannot wait...may is too long of a wait but my wife's gaming pc is needed because the one she is using now is just plain outdated. Thanks for the review it was helpful in convincing me that this is the right choice. lol
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 00:03:09 »

Get the Realforce.  HHKB doesn't come in 55g as far as I know.  55g gives the best feel out of the Topre switches.  I started with the 55g, and ended up buying a 45g to try because I was so happy with 55g.  If I started with the 45g, I would have been disappointed, and would have joined the Topre hater club.  I still have the 45g, and it is a good keyboard, but not good enough to justify the cost.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 11:05:51 »
Pro Tip: Put some cellophane tape on the space bar. Doesn't really affect the feel or the look that much, and prevents shine, which keeps the resale value high.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 21:20:51 »
If I started with the 45g, I would have been disappointed, and would have joined the Topre hater club.

I still think the Realforce 104UG is the bomb  :thumb: .  Perfect for typing even though it is an all 45g layout (you noticed they never drop the price on this baby).  Besides if they decide to ever release a 55g version I'll be all over that like stink-piss.

Not all 45g's suck in the world of Thorpe......

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 21:43:18 »
True, 45g does feels pretty good.

If I started with the 45g, I would have been disappointed, and would have joined the Topre hater club.

I still think the Realforce 104UG is the bomb  :thumb: .  Perfect for typing even though it is an all 45g layout (you noticed they never drop the price on this baby).  Besides if they decide to ever release a 55g version I'll be all over that like stink-piss.

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 01:40:03 »
True, 45g does feels pretty good.

Type on a 55g and tell me that.  It feels okay, but compared to its 55g bigger brother it feels like poop.  I don't hate my 45g, otherwise I would have sold it already, I just don't like it in comparison to the 55g, if that makes any sense.  It's like the v6 vs v8 model in a muscle car, once you drive the v8 you'll hate the v6, but it's certainly better than walking or driving a four banger Hyundai.  Much like MX reds vs any other MX switch with a heavier weight.  Obviously, not everyone is the same, so you might not share that opinion.  I just feel like the lower weighted Topre switches are overrated, much like MX reds.  Of course they feel superb when compared to rubber domes, but there are better choices to be had.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 03:44:18 »
55g is where it's at
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline aref

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 12:37:39 »
55g is where it's at

For me, the 55-gram 87U is the best keyboard I've used in 4+ decades of owning/using computer keyboards.
It's replaced my SSK as my preferred keyboard.

Offline robertsig

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 21:44:05 »
I bought both and sold the 55g.  I do like my uniform 45g slightly better, but I can see how people like the 55g thock more.  It distinguishes itself more as a Topre switch.  Neither is perfect though.  I do wish they made a 49.75g switch.  :))
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2014, 22:05:12 by robertsig »

Offline Polymer

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 21:51:57 »
I bought both and sold the 55g.  I do like my uniform 45g slightly better, but I can see how people like the 55g thock more.  It distinguishes itself more as a Topre switch.  Neither is perfect though.  I do with they made a 49.75g switch.  :))

Get a HHKB :).  Feels slightly stiffer than RF 45g for whatever reason...Or buy an older Topre keyboard since the rubber supposedly gets stiffer? 

Offline Shikarikato

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 22:03:27 »
I bought both and sold the 55g.  I do like my uniform 45g slightly better, but I can see how people like the 55g thock more.  It distinguishes itself more as a Topre switch.  Neither is perfect though.  I do with they made a 49.75g switch.  :))

Get a HHKB :).  Feels slightly stiffer than RF 45g for whatever reason...Or buy an older Topre keyboard since the rubber supposedly gets stiffer?
It seems to be a general consensus that HHKB is in between 45g and 55g Realforce. Maybe it is a 49.75g switch? haha

Offline Belfong

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 22:22:56 »
Is the cable detachable?

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 23:33:11 »
So first off, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of the RF87u I'm currently in the process of deciding whether I want to buy one myself or not, so this helped a little bit.

Little disappointed though, there's an extreme lack of pictures, would of been nice to see a few fresh out of the box so to speak and furthermore, you don't really go into detail, I know the saying 'short but sweet' could be applicable here, but it would of been nice to see you expand on some of the areas a little more.

But regardless, thank you.

Hope you enjoy your lovely Topre.
你搞砸了

Offline avtar

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 10:17:22 »
Little disappointed though, there's an extreme lack of pictures, would of been nice to see a few fresh out of the box so to speak

There are some not so great pics here http://imgur.com/a/WWF5t And the obligatory what-this-keyboard-sounds-like video

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 13:47:10 »
Show Image

Pros

Cons

Overall

This keyboard looks fantastic, and I am an owner of a 45g uniform weighted Leopold fc 660c keyboard. I am looking forward to receiving my Realforce 87u 55g, which I just ordered early yesterday afternoon and is being processed as I write this. I Hope it I end up loving this keyboard at least as much as I love my Leo, because then the purchase of this keyboard for 213, after shipping, would totally make this worth it.
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 18:06:30 »
I'm really considering putting down the money for a topre board. The silent variants are music to my ear.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 08:11:57 »
I just received the 55g RF a day ago and I am only like 2 hours using it but I find that the mesmerizing THOCK sound of the HHKB is sorely missing in this keyboard except from the BACKSPACE key. Is this normal? I mean, to me, the beauty of Topre is the THOCK sound and this is not as prominent as the HHKB.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 13:32:07 »
I just received the 55g RF a day ago and I am only like 2 hours using it but I find that the mesmerizing THOCK sound of the HHKB is sorely missing in this keyboard except from the BACKSPACE key. Is this normal? I mean, to me, the beauty of Topre is the THOCK sound and this is not as prominent as the HHKB.

Yes, it's perfectly normal.  The HHKB thocks so hard because of it's case mounting.  The RF is plate mounted, which kills the sound. 
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline aref

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:03:50 »

Yes, it's perfectly normal.  The HHKB thocks so hard because of it's case mounting.  The RF is plate mounted, which kills the sound.

A 'thockie' 55-gram 87U might be a nice addition Realforce's lineup--to mine too.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 03:03:48 »
Oh ya. I forgot it's plate mounted. But the Backspace key thocks.

Offline avtar

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 09:54:06 »
I got my RF 55g yesterday and it's definitely my favourite keyboard now. I was apprehensive about ordering it after reading the warnings on EK's site about the switches being stiff and the extra strength required to use them (although I don't have arthritis or a similar condition) but these feel great! The switches are smooth and not heavy at all. I also appreciate the fact that it's not as loud as the HHKB; I wouldn't be able to take the latter to work or somewhere crowded whereas the RF sounds fine even without any silencing mods.

Now I can safely confirm: Realforce 55g > HHKB > Leopold FC660C.

Two happy thumbs up.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 13:55:00 »
i've read in a few places that the board itself feels pretty light...............no t much heft?

just curious
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 14:00:16 »
i've read in a few places that the board itself feels pretty light...............no t much heft?

just curious

If I can remember I'll weigh mine later, I don't remember it being light, the HHKB yes, the TKL RF not so much.

Offline Belfong

Realforce 87u 55g Review!
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 00:59:44 »
It's about 1.2kg (half a pound?) Much lighter than typical TKL.

Offline tbc

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 02:43:26 »
^   1kg = 2.2lb
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.