Author Topic: GH - StarCraft II: HotS/LotV players  (Read 182399 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: GH - StarCraft II: HotS players
« Reply #850 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 08:04:33 »
n52te has an on-board memory.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #851 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:42:20 »
I might be wrong here, but I don't think you're allowed to install drivers, so while they can use any keypad device, the nostromo/orbweaver wouldn't work due to the lack of synapse.
What I’m wondering is whether anyone knows the explicit requirements though. It wouldn’t be too hard to build a keyboard that could use a regular USB HID driver with a keyboard in a shape like that (or some other wacky shape). I’m more curious about whether there are requirements related to the physical layout than related to the drivers / firmware.

Offline Johan

« Reply #852 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 15:52:37 »
I might be wrong here, but I don't think you're allowed to install drivers, so while they can use any keypad device, the nostromo/orbweaver wouldn't work due to the lack of synapse.
What I’m wondering is whether anyone knows the explicit requirements though. It wouldn’t be too hard to build a keyboard that could use a regular USB HID driver with a keyboard in a shape like that (or some other wacky shape). I’m more curious about whether there are requirements related to the physical layout than related to the drivers / firmware.
I doubt  there is any documentation on this, or at-least in English.
You could try to ask any of the kespa players that stream on occasion, I'm not sure how responsive they are on twitter, but that could be an option. You could try the kespa representative that goes on /r/starcraft every      once in a while.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #853 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 05:06:33 »
lmao sOs

Offline nntnam

« Reply #854 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 12:12:15 »
Anyone watching WCS Europe now?
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #855 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 13:27:13 »
Anyone watching WCS Europe now?

cmon mana

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #856 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 13:36:10 »
lol dts saving the day

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #857 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 13:36:37 »
Bling ;_;

Offline Johan

« Reply #858 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 03:08:31 »
R.I.P Korean scene.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #859 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 03:12:35 »
R.I.P Korean scene.

They only have themselves to blame. They have the best players and the worst scene, everyone ran from Kespa when they could and talked about how bad it was, yet when Kespa made the move to Sc2 they all went running back.

Offline Johan

GH - StarCraft II: HotS players
« Reply #860 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 03:20:06 »
R.I.P Korean scene.

They only have themselves to blame. They have the best players and the worst scene, everyone ran from Kespa when they could and talked about how bad it was, yet when Kespa made the move to Sc2 they all went running back.
How do they have themselves to blame? The best players just happen to come from a place where the game isn't popular enough to sustain the scene. Kespa/esf are just an organization, sure they could have hosted more tournaments in korea but you can't guarantee that sc2 would be larger than it is currently. It feels stupid that they wouldn't be able to hold a gsl and wcs kr at the same time as separate tournaments.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #861 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 03:21:16 »
Lol. Hey alot of them did branch out into the various WCS thingies

The issue with the I forgot what it's called the pro-league is that they're all top players just weeding themselves out.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #862 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 03:35:35 »
R.I.P Korean scene.

How do they have themselves to blame? The best players just happen to come from a place where the game isn't popular enough to sustain the scene. Kespa/esf are just an organization, sure they could have hosted more tournaments in korea but you can't guarantee that sc2 would be larger than it is currently. It feels stupid that they wouldn't be able to hold a gsl and wcs kr at the same time as separate tournaments.

(I'm no insider to how this works so I might be wrong) But from what I can see Kespa work to benefit themselfs and themselfs only... not the players and not the teams, case in point, Destiny's online tournament; Kepsa refused to allow any of there players to play in it, when it was an online tournament and they could have played from Korea (as I believe Innovation did). They basically screwed there players out of almost free money.

Coming into Sc2 the only stories anyone ever spoke about Kespa was how horrible it was and how it ****ed players. Yet soon as they came into Sc2 all the Korean teams jumped back on board with them...

Offline Johan

« Reply #863 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 03:42:06 »
The reason why they weren't allowed to was that it was Destinys first tournament and they wanted to protect their players incase he didn't pay up
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #864 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 03:59:09 »
The reason why they weren't allowed to was that it was Destinys first tournament and they wanted to protect their players incase he didn't pay up

Protect them from what danger, they play some random people in an online tournament no one watches? It's that short sightedness and total lack of any knowledge of the world outside Korea that has ****ed them and will continue to **** them.

Why would someone with the reputation as Destiny and with how his career and income works, put his name on something and then not payout.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #865 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 04:37:08 »

Protect them from what danger, they play some random people in an online tournament no one watches? It's that short sightedness and total lack of any knowledge of the world outside Korea that has ****ed them and will continue to **** them.

Why would someone with the reputation as Destiny and with how his career and income works, put his name on something and then not payout.

Isn't Destiny quite a controversial player?
He was let go from 2 teams for his behavior.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #866 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 04:44:28 »

But is also the biggest sc2 streamer and personality in the west. He also co-hosted the biggest sc2 chat show (Unfiltered)...

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #867 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 04:45:40 »

But is also the biggest sc2 streamer and personality in the west. He also co-hosted the biggest sc2 chat show (Unfiltered)...

That's like saying CNN is reliable and Fox news is fair and balanced.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #868 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 05:14:57 »

That's like saying CNN is reliable and Fox news is fair and balanced.

How is that?
Destiny is a streamer and makes all his money from people watching his stuff and liking it, its the only reason he has personal sponsors. If he was to **** up a tournament IN HIS OWN NAME it would totally **** his own brand and income. Why would he do that when its taken YEARS to get it to where it is now?
And what would the Kespa players loose if he didn't pay? It's not like they would be prepping sick builds or anything like they would for Pro League... they would loose nothing.

Plus look at the way they behaved prior to Sc2 even coming out. They were such massive ****s about BW and how that was done that Blizz actively didn't want to work with them. That's pretty ****ing short sighted.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 September 2014, 05:29:05 by baldgye »

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #869 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 08:01:41 »
and flash is out, nice job drg, dat 500apm lol

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #870 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 13:25:49 »
lets hear it for region locking!! its ok, your WCS American champion will make it to blizzcon only to lose in the 1st round to the WCS Korea qualifiers
but its ok, cause they'll have a chance and all the viewers! *sarcasm*

Actually lets be honest, WCS America will prob be owned by Polt and Violet as long as they want to stay in the USA.
Nothing's changed, just more ez money for polt and violet.  WCS America prob gonna suffer from viewership with mediocre play being shown by majority of the competitors.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #871 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 17:35:48 »
I won't watch NA and EU for sure..
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #872 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 01:23:32 »

this video...
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Johan

« Reply #873 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 18:28:36 »

And I still can't get promoted...
BLIZZARD WHAT DO YOU  WANT FROM ME?!?!
Uh, stuff.

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #874 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 06:31:04 »
so who's gonna be there today in dc? Hope my idea of getting the poker ii signed isn't too bad of an idea lol.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #875 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 06:48:26 »
Show Image

He did all in you right?

Offline Johan

« Reply #876 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 06:53:26 »

Show Image

He did all in you right?
Yeah, 5or something +1 zealots into dts into charglot archon, according to the guys in the clan he's known for doing only allins. I've played him once before and he did a proxy 2 gate. 
Uh, stuff.

Offline Johan

« Reply #877 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 07:02:26 »
so who's gonna be there today in dc? Hope my idea of getting the poker ii signed isn't too bad of an idea lol.
It shouldn't be too hard, someone ran around with a model m at some other redbull event.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #878 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 07:24:35 »
Johan being a ****ing baller!! Congrats, I've only got one win against a GM in sc2 and I still let people know about it B-)

But you should be due for promotion soon, you might have to lose a couple though for it to balance out your sick mmr

Offline Johan

« Reply #879 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 08:53:59 »
Johan being a ****ing baller!! Congrats, I've only got one win against a GM in sc2 and I still let people know about it B-)

But you should be due for promotion soon, you might have to lose a couple though for it to balance out your sick mmr

I'm not so sure about that promotion, I think that guy is either slumping really badly or just had his account boosted. It looked like he's been playing mostly diamonds and lower masters :(
I have been playing a lot of masters players recently, but I don't expect to get promoted this season.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #880 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 18:25:43 »
Polt op!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #881 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 04:57:10 »

I'm not so sure about that promotion, I think that guy is either slumping really badly or just had his account boosted. It looked like he's been playing mostly diamonds and lower masters :(
I have been playing a lot of masters players recently, but I don't expect to get promoted this season.

Well good luck! What's your w/l overall? When you get over 70% your usually on track for a promotion

Offline Johan

« Reply #882 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 06:29:14 »

Well good luck! What's your w/l overall? When you get over 70% your usually on track for a promotion

Nothing amazing, but considering I started this season by going 8-15 I'd guess I'm at roughly 68%? Atm I lose a game for every 3 wins or so.
Uh, stuff.

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #883 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 06:42:20 »
Polt op!

Scarlett had such close games vs cure and game 3 vs polt was hers to win. I hate that 1 widow mine hit essentially determined the winner in 3games out of both those series. Balance talk aside cure is the next taeja and I'm behind polt as the last "american" lol. Lots of TvT incoming today.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #884 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 14:32:42 »

Show Image

Nothing amazing, but considering I started this season by going 8-15 I'd guess I'm at roughly 68%? Atm I lose a game for every 3 wins or so.

Yeah I would give it a season or two, I've been in diamond for three seasons and two of those my w/l was over 70% I'm afk for a month or two and I'm facing silvers and golds.

But good luck brother, when I start playing again I'm hoping to work my way to masters too!

Offline Johan

« Reply #885 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:05:26 »
The new patch broke my graphics settings, all of the terrain is now black. I can barely see if I have vision or not TT__TT.
Back to low settings for now, I could run medium, but I prefer having more than 30 fps in the later parts of the mid-game.(Stupid me for buying a octocore.)
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:09:59 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline Johan

« Reply #886 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 15:03:49 »
Go vote on the "new" ladder maps, I'm really hoping for whirlwind. My favorite map since hots release.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/16052773
Uh, stuff.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #887 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:08:05 »
Ohana and Cloud Kingdom oh my..

Offline Johan

« Reply #888 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 01:02:09 »

Time to get immortal sentry'ed every zvp :D
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #889 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 03:17:02 »

I don't know, that was only a thing because in WoL if a z could turtle there was no way for P to win

Offline Johan

« Reply #890 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 03:40:02 »

I don't know, that was only a thing because in WoL if a z could turtle there was no way for P to win
Doesn't change the fact that they're fantastic maps for immortal allins. You remember detalus right? 13-14 speedling "pressure" was zvp on that map, just like immortal sentry was pvz on ohana, as long as they're in the game people will continue to abuse them :P
Uh, stuff.

Offline Johan

« Reply #891 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 10:26:01 »
At Dreamhack, leenlock's ceritas has blue switches O_o
Uh, stuff.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #892 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 10:54:17 »
At Dreamhack, leenlock's ceritas has blue switches O_o

Interesting!

I thought there are only available with MX Red / MX Brown.

Maybe he modded it :p

Offline Johan

« Reply #893 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 10:59:36 »
****ty pics of trues keyboard will be uploaded when i get home. Looking for anyones keyboard/mouse? I can try to get a pic...
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #894 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 11:19:31 »

Doesn't change the fact that they're fantastic maps for immortal allins. You remember detalus right? 13-14 speedling "pressure" was zvp on that map, just like immortal sentry was pvz on ohana, as long as they're in the game people will continue to abuse them :P

Yeah true, though I don't remember Detalus...

Offline Johan

« Reply #895 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 12:57:41 »
Ok, I'll have to skip the keyboard/mouse pictures, all the players have been moved to a "player and press" area T_T Lots of leopolds+filcos among the koreans, zowies keyboard is fairly common too.
Edit: Jd is using the new blackwidow, not gonna lie, that **** sure is pretty
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 September 2014, 13:09:28 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #896 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 13:38:34 »
waiting for your selfies with the players ^-^

Offline Johan

« Reply #897 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 13:45:45 »
waiting for your selfies with the players ^-^
I...I didn't take any...
I got all the liquid players to sign my mouse pad tho :) and my other pad got lots of signatures(mostly zergs :D)
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 September 2014, 13:49:53 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline Johan

« Reply #898 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 18:17:40 »

Yeah true, though I don't remember Detalus...
I couldn't remember the actual name, its this map, Everyone I played with just called it the lingspeed all in map.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Daedalus_Point
Uh, stuff.

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #899 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 21:10:45 »
i was out for most of today, and just checked...feel so bad for soO. Hopefully not yet another 2nd in gsl also.