Author Topic: Worst Mouse Ever  (Read 50671 times)

Offline fuzzybaffy

Re: Worst Mouse Ever
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:15:33 »
I don't know what your definition of "comfort" is... but if a mouse causes fatigue, I'll call it "uncomfortable". =P

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:30:21 »
I don't know what your definition of "comfort" is... but if a mouse causes fatigue, I'll call it "uncomfortable". =P

Eh, I think you'll have a hard time finding a mouse that won't cause fatigue after extensive gaming at lower sensitivity, and I have been gaming more than usual lately. Of course, for desktop work at mid-high sens it's the other way around; you'll be hard pressed to find a mouse that will cause fatigue.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:40:02 »
Yea... but I don't know. Logitech mice are still more uncomfortable for me. The Deathadder and Taipan been great when it comes to comfort/less fatigue.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:55:05 »
Yea... but I don't know. Logitech mice are still more uncomfortable for me. The Deathadder and Taipan been great when it comes to comfort/less fatigue.

And that's ok, I never said you should like Logitech mice either. Different people prefer different shapes. Me, I like most mice and can adapt to different shapes, sizes and sensitivities pretty quick, and I like variation. Hence my sizeable collection, although I figure it's large enough so I don't think it'll grow much any time soon.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 18:32:01 »
And that's ok, I never said you should like Logitech mice either. Different people prefer different shapes. Me, I like most mice and can adapt to different shapes, sizes and sensitivities pretty quick, and I like variation.

Mice in general can't all adapt to every shape of hand currently available amongst the homo-sapien, hence there is no clear cut winner in this forum.  I still know people who love their HP rodents despite their scroll wheels have died.

This place is good to air differences, reliabilities and various functions of some mice, without the propaganda getting in the way - like it has on Google.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:26:54 »
Wait a sec... this thread is about talking about mice that suck, so I came in here, saying, I don't like Logitech mice. And then you guys respond, specifically to me, by saying, "oh, everyone is entitled to their opinion", and then you say "but I love Logitech products"... then isn't that a suggestion that I'm not entitled to disliking Logitech products? Get out.

Mice in general can't all adapt to every shape of hand currently available amongst the homo-sapien, hence there is no clear cut winner in this forum.

Right... that much is obvious, that a mouse won't be able to accommodate all types of grips, but better to have a mouse that is comfortable for as many grips as possible, like the Taipan, as opposed to Logitech products, which, as mentioned before, with their funky curves and angles, force you to use very specific grips.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:36:30 »
That said, I will say Logitech mice are the best, that I've used of course (there may be other brands out there that I haven't used that may be better), when it comes to build quality. All their mice just feel super solid, and I've never been afraid that one would break over a period of time.

RIGHT, from your own quote that Logitech "ARE THE BEST"  Enough said from your own mouth  :thumb: .

With THAT said, when it comes to quality... I'll agree with everyone, that Razer is absolute ****e. Almost a third of Razer mice I've owned/tried, had issues with a weak/flimsy/creaking body. They just feel... hollow, and all the pieces feel weakly put together.

POW, another smack to the gob.  Amazing I didn't have to say anything because you typed it already.  Not much to argue there at all.  Agreed with my description of Razer's rubbish and it's all for everyone to read and contemplate.  All Razer did was STEAL the original ergonomic mice from Microsoft had made in the mid-nineties and early 2000's.  So YES Razer never could re-design a classic because they're incapable of ever designing anything from scratch but their experts in stealing other companies designs.

Amazing you bi*ch and whine about everyone's assessment yet you kept shooting yourself in the foot by agreeing with everything we said.  I own quite a few mice yet I don't crown any one as being the SUPREME mouse for everyone to sell their souls for.  What is it that you require from us?  You want clarity or hope for something better, you won't.  Because that's life, when you get older you will see it and experience it as it really is.  Maybe when you do get older and experienced you won't rely on what others say and do, rely upon yourself to make the hard decisions, instead of blaming others for own indecisiveness.

For Christ sake, you want to be forced fed with opinions that only YOU want to hear.  You will never get that from me anyway, so get over it  8) .
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:42:50 by Elrick »

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 01:24:13 »
I would have to say the worst mouse ever is any mouse.

Drop the mouse and pick up the trackball....your hands and wrist will thank you.

But in defense of the mouse I would have to say that the Microsoft IntelliMouse 3.0 is not only comfortable but one of the best mouse for gaming out there.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 01:49:04 »
That said, I will say Logitech mice are the best, that I've used of course (there may be other brands out there that I haven't used that may be better), when it comes to build quality. All their mice just feel super solid, and I've never been afraid that one would break over a period of time.

RIGHT, from your own quote that Logitech "ARE THE BEST"  Enough said from your own mouth  :thumb: .

With THAT said, when it comes to quality... I'll agree with everyone, that Razer is absolute ****e. Almost a third of Razer mice I've owned/tried, had issues with a weak/flimsy/creaking body. They just feel... hollow, and all the pieces feel weakly put together.

POW, another smack to the gob.  Amazing I didn't have to say anything because you typed it already.  Not much to argue there at all.  Agreed with my description of Razer's rubbish and it's all for everyone to read and contemplate.  All Razer did was STEAL the original ergonomic mice from Microsoft had made in the mid-nineties and early 2000's.  So YES Razer never could re-design a classic because they're incapable of ever designing anything from scratch but their experts in stealing other companies designs.

Amazing you bi*ch and whine about everyone's assessment yet you kept shooting yourself in the foot by agreeing with everything we said.  I own quite a few mice yet I don't crown any one as being the SUPREME mouse for everyone to sell their souls for.  What is it that you require from us?  You want clarity or hope for something better, you won't.  Because that's life, when you get older you will see it and experience it as it really is.  Maybe when you do get older and experienced you won't rely on what others say and do, rely upon yourself to make the hard decisions, instead of blaming others for own indecisiveness.

For Christ sake, you want to be forced fed with opinions that only YOU want to hear.  You will never get that from me anyway, so get over it  8) .

Wait a minute... let's not get things confused here.

I was the one who first posted, that I didn't like Logitech products. YOU came in, to reply specifically to me, that everyone is entitled to their opinions, and that Logitech products are good. That's you telling me, that I'm not allowed to dislike Logitech products.

It's not me who has a problem with you who likes Logitech. It's you who has a problem with me disliking Logitech.

One more thing:

READING COMPREHENSION, PLEASE. PLEASE RE-READ WHAT I WROTE:

I was complementing Logitech when it comes to BUILD QUALITY. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS SHAPE. ALL MY CRITICISMS REGARDING LOGITECH WERE REGARDING SHAPE.

I HAVE ALSO SAID, THAT ALTHOUGH I BELIEVE RAZER HAS TERRIBLE BUILD QUALITY, I THINK THE SHAPE OF THEIR MICE IS EXCELLENT. THE IDEA THAT RAZER MICE HAS BETTER SHAPE THAN LOGITECH MICE WAS THE POINT OF OUR ARGUMENT, NOT BUILD QUALITY. ME SAYING THAT LOGITECH HAS THE BEST QUALITY IS NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, ME SAYING THAT THEY HAVE THE BEST MICE.

Now that I've proven your lack of reading comprehension, I believe this argument is game over. Thank you, good night.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 October 2013, 01:58:28 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 02:00:12 »
As far as I know, this thread is about mice that suck. I think Logitech mice suck. As far as I know, you are telling me, that I can't dislike Logitech. That means you're being off-topic. Go screw yourselves.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 03:09:35 »
But in defense of the mouse I would have to say that the Microsoft IntelliMouse 3.0 is not only comfortable but one of the best mouse for gaming out there.

Definitely, Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 was the last decent mouse ever created, certainly they should get the mantle for at least making a rodent that's copied by many companies today.  Unfortunately the copiers can not capture the quality nor the essence of their design completely.  It still stands as what WAS done rather than what to look forward to from any other company making mice these days.

I still have two packed away in some desk, might try and break them out of packaging and use them.

Offline xolectic

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:45:55 »
I would have to say the worst mouse ever is any mouse.

Drop the mouse and pick up the trackball....your hands and wrist will thank you.

I used to be a trackball fanatic, but I went back to mice, and now I don't even know where my trackballs are laying around.  For FPS games, the trackball was good enough to play older twitchy FPS games like Quake 3 and UT, but never as good as a real mouse.  For some strange reason, almost every mouse that I have used since (except the G400s) has actually caused LESS hand/arm/wrist pain than the five trackballs that I have owned.  I prefer Logitech products to other brands for both mice and trackballs.  I prefer ambidextrous mice, I just bought a Logitech G100s and I will post about it once I try it out.  I have heard many positive things about it, but many sites have not mentioned it.  I would agree that the Mighty Mouse is horrible, I had to use it a lot in high school.  I didn't hate the hockey puck mouse that I had to use in elementary/middle school nearly as much. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:00:53 by xolectic »

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 19:20:50 »
I agree that the Apple Mice are really bad. The Magic Mouse was only good for tracking, everything else about it sucked. The Magic TrackPad is nice if you're used to the MacBook trackpads.

But other than that, sucks.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 12:17:47 »
As much as I loathe Microsoft Windows, I agree that microsoft mice aren't the worst by far. Yes, that Apple Round Mouse is really annoying to use. But the girls I knew all loved them, though. Round = cute.

All biases aside, I've got to say that Microsoft actually made pretty good mice when compared to other computer-related companies. They at least tried to make them ergonomic.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 16:47:49 »
But the girls I knew all loved them, though. Round = cute.

YES the girls all loved them because they where designed to be insertable.....  I'll let you work that one out  :p .

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 17:31:25 »
The three mice in the OP still feel way better than this version.

It's just really horrible all around.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 11:17:07 »

Show Image

I don't mind this one as much as the Apple Mouse with a gummed up scroll wheel (middle one in the OP). When that scroll wheel got dirty, it just felt so nasty  ???

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 13:16:13 »

Show Image

I don't mind this one as much as the Apple Mouse with a gummed up scroll wheel (middle one in the OP). When that scroll wheel got dirty, it just felt so nasty  ???

That is true of many scroll wheels.

The old Microsoft ones (back on ball mouses) used to get shiny pretty quickly, and your finger would slide over them instead of spinning the wheel.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:14:12 »

Show Image

The ones with the little Blackberry style ball? Nasty, and guaranteed to get clogged up or break at some point.

Same thing with putting them on phones - who thought this was a good idea?!

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 23:57:43 »

Show Image

The ones with the little Blackberry style ball? Nasty, and guaranteed to get clogged up or break at some point.

Same thing with putting them on phones - who thought this was a good idea?!

Yup -- That exact thing. Gives me the creeps just thinking about cleaning them. I worked at an Apple Retail Store for 4 years.. So much time trying to get those things clean again  >:(

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 06:28:09 »
If you were trying to trick me into going down a certain route, it didn't work.

Girls loved these mice because they could be swapped left and right on the keyboard without troublesome reinstalling or restarting the computer. Am I right? Back then these were the first USB mice for the masses.

YES the girls all loved them because they where designed to be insertable.....  I'll let you work that one out  :p .
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:30:49 »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 06:15:25 »

Show Image

Absolutely.. Got one of those for work and my hand started hurting within a week. They are horrendously unergonomic.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Canious

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 22:43:08 »
All of the above. LOL

Seeing those pictures brings back old memories from middle school tho

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 02:28:44 »
Apple's Magic Mouse - nuff said  :-[

Offline colinm478

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 15:53:00 »
I can't name a really bad one besides any apple has made. They are so obsessed with aesthetics that they will sacrifice functionality. Proof:
Hockey puck
Mighty mouse
Magic mouse

They. all. ****ing. suck.

As for got tier amazing mice, corsair m60.

It's heaven, the top feels slightly rubberized, and the sides are a hard plastic with texture feel. It is great for palmers like me, has a few extra buttons, but not an insane amount. Oh, and the scroll wheel never gets sticky/gross. It's all around an amazing mouse. <3

Offline MunkyCheez

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:51:16 »
I actually really like the Mighty Mouse. I have small-to-medium-sized hands, and I use a claw grip, which seems to be the key to liking some of these Apple mice. The scroll ball is wonderful to use. I use a wired Mighty Mouse on my everyday system. The older Apple mice are okay too, but their lack of right and middle buttons limits their practical use on newer systems. I haven't used my Apple "Puck" Mouse for at least ten years, and while I don't remember it being particularly terrible, I do remember it sometimes being hard to determine the exact angle of the mouse without actually looking at it (as another user said).

Also keep in mind that there were two versions of the Mighty Mouse: USB and Bluetooth. I own two USB models and one Bluetooth model. Their topsides appear identical; however, they are very different hardware-wise. While the wired model is pretty lightweight, the wireless version is actually quite heavy with 2 AA batteries installed (only one is required for operation). In addition, the two versions use different sensor units. The wired model has a standard optical engine driven by a red LED, while the wireless model uses a laser engine with higher DPI. Besides the obvious hardware differences between the two, I've also noticed some other unique characteristics that are seemingly undocumented:
  • The wireless model seems to track more slowly than the wired model on the same tracking speed settings, at least in Mac OS X.
  • Both versions of the Mighty Mouse utilize an internal piezoelectric speaker to make faint "clicking" noises when the scrollball is rotated. The wireless model's speaker seems to be louder and more distinct.
  • The scrollball and clicking action of the wireless model seem to be stiffer than those of the wired model.
I'm not sure if it always is this way, or if it's just the specific units I own. But the differences are definitely there.

I currently use a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse V2.0 at home
I have one of these, and also the V1. They seem to have a common problem of the cursor jumping around the screen every once in a while, even if the mouse is stationary. I've experienced this many times on both versions... have you ever noticed it? I'm curious if it only affects certain units or if it's a defect found in each and every one of them.
Beige Scorpius-35, 2x Model M, SpaceSaver II, Black AT101W, Keytronic Rubberdome, a few others...

Offline MunkyCheez

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:56:24 »

Yup -- That exact thing. Gives me the creeps just thinking about cleaning them. I worked at an Apple Retail Store for 4 years.. So much time trying to get those things clean again  >:(

Wow, this is surprising to hear. I've always loved how easy the Mighty Mouse's trackball was to clean (I use one on my everyday system). Just hold the mouse upside-down and roll the ball unidirectionally across a piece of blank paper. Always worked a charm for my mice -- I usually have to do this once or twice a year because it eventually does gum up inside.
Beige Scorpius-35, 2x Model M, SpaceSaver II, Black AT101W, Keytronic Rubberdome, a few others...

Offline Nojo

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 02:03:16 »
Apple's Magic Mouse - nuff said  :-[

+1

That being said, I hate the squeaky mouse wheel of Razer mouse as well  :'(

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 11:56:56 »
I think that the Apple "Mighty Mouse" is worse than the Magic mouse. But not by much. They're both pieces of ****.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 11:59:19 »
Every Apple mouse I've had to use (by force) was the worst mouse I've used. Every time I tried to right click, it would just left click automatically. :)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 14:25:13 »
Everything by apple or the ones laptops come with.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:29:29 »
I bought a small USB mouse for my laptop and for some reason went with a £20 Microsoft one.

You know a mouse is bad when it hurts to use. My little finger would get serious cramp because there was absolutely nowhere to put it and it would be bent up like a mother****er.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:37:52 »
I bought a small USB mouse for my laptop and for some reason went with a £20 Microsoft one.

You know a mouse is bad when it hurts to use. My little finger would get serious cramp because there was absolutely nowhere to put it and it would be bent up like a mother****er.
Well, G400 must be the worst mouse I've ever used in that case.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:59:37 »
Well, the R.A.T. is by far the ugliest mouse ever. I hear it's a good mouse though, so....

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:38:40 »
Well, the R.A.T. is by far the ugliest mouse ever. I hear it's a good mouse though, so....

It has a PTE sensor though which is meh

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 21:01:28 »
Just switched over to the g602 from a sensei. All of you hating on the Logitech is kinda scary. Just got it today and trying to get used to the full palm style.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 21:52:49 »
What would you say is the worst/least ergonomic computer monse you have used? I'd pin the crown on the Apple "hockey puck" mouse and its successors:
Show Image

I remember having to use these in school.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 22:10:45 »
All of you hating on the Logitech is kinda scary.

You should see the rampant Razer hate here as well  ;D .  All things considered, Logitech sells more because it's available everywhere hence the wide ranging emotions from God-like status to out right Haterage.

But this is Geekhack and it's quite normal for quite sane people to suddenly become fanboys or trolls with what they own/despise  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 May 2014, 22:12:54 by Elrick »

Offline blackbox

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 01:03:15 »
not a big fan of apple mighty mouse as many others here arent as well. Sometimes a work at a flee market and when I pick up a old mouse from microsoft with a greasy scroll wheel that qualifies as a very bad mouse. I do not see why you would need a soft scroll wheel.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 01:36:20 »
While the last Mac mouse I used was one of the old square ones from the late 90's I can't really comment on them as they were the only thing I was exposed to at the time.  But the mice I can't stand using are anything "travel sized".
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 04:21:12 »
While the last Mac mouse I used was one of the old square ones from the late 90's I can't really comment on them as they were the only thing I was exposed to at the time.

I still remember the single button model from the mid to late 80's which had the ADB connector, which I actually liked.  They where of course mechanical ball input devices but where extremely comfortable before I got to using anything from Logitech or Microsoft.  Yes I started out using Apple Power Computers before I released that Microsoft Computers had even existed at my time in life.

I still lament giving up on Apple Computers but now I still can never go back to them, simply because of my current choice.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 13:58:58 »
While the last Mac mouse I used was one of the old square ones from the late 90's I can't really comment on them as they were the only thing I was exposed to at the time.

I still remember the single button model from the mid to late 80's which had the ADB connector, which I actually liked.  They where of course mechanical ball input devices but where extremely comfortable before I got to using anything from Logitech or Microsoft.  Yes I started out using Apple Power Computers before I released that Microsoft Computers had even existed at my time in life.

I still lament giving up on Apple Computers but now I still can never go back to them, simply because of my current choice.

Interesting how you described that mouse there....turns out that I have reviewed that very model on this forum!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46529.0
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 22:54:15 »
Interesting how you described that mouse there....turns out that I have reviewed that very model on this forum!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46529.0

That example you provided is the oldest mouse that was available for Macintosh's from 1984 to 1987.  I'm talking about the rounded-style of adb mice that were bundled with Apple Powermac 8600 and 9600/300 models in 1997.  That is the mouse I used for at least 6 years until I upgraded/sidegraded to a microsoft WMO.

YES the one you had mentioned is foul to use simply because it wasn't nice to use for long periods of time.  I always hated using those older ones and took great pride in opening them up and stealing the balls out of them  :thumb: .

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 08:38:42 »
I was using some of these crappy mice the other day:

I never even knew that Apple still made them. They're absolute pieces of ****.

Offline axiosjackson

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 00:27:41 »
Well I haven't really used that many mice, but for me the worst is the magic mouse. My friend has one and likes it but it just hurts my hand.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 01:59:43 »
Well I haven't really used that many mice, but for me the worst is the magic mouse. My friend has one and likes it but it just hurts my hand.

Because Jobsie the moron thought that everyone's hand needs to be sitting low in a near flat position on the desk.  Horrible ergonomics is what Jobsie unleashed onto the world and it didn't matter if it had an Apple Logo selling it.

Offline James35

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 22:32:54 »
My vote for the worst mouse ever is also the Apple single button mouse. I can appreciate when Apple tries to simplify their OS for the average users, I get that.  But it's a slap in the face to our intelligence when they say you can never have options or preferences (because we aren't smart enough to handle it apparently).  Apple products can be simplified out of the box, but let me have options and preferences in the control panel if I choose to. The single button mouse was shocking to me when I saw it. From that moment on, I never liked Apple.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 June 2014, 22:37:01 by James35 »

Offline Johan

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:09:52 »
I actually really like low mice, It probably the main reason why I bought the salmosa asian edition(a little too small for me, lenght wise). They just feel natural for me to use while playing rts games or anything where you need to make boxes with stuff. Its probably the sole reason why I'm having a hard time getting used to the kana v2 and g100 also the reason why I hate my g400.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 14:37:03 »
worst mouse ever is the fake deathadder my mate bought from eBay.... crap sensor, crap chassis, what a mess!
http://www.overclock.net/t/1324292/warning-fake-deathadders-around
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau