Author Topic: Worst Mouse Ever  (Read 50429 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: Worst Mouse Ever
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 16:51:33 »

worst mouse ever is the fake deathadder my mate bought from eBay.... crap sensor, crap chassis, what a mess!
http://www.overclock.net/t/1324292/warning-fake-deathadders-around
are they on ebay only?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 18:51:48 »
worst mouse ever is the fake deathadder my mate bought from eBay.... crap sensor, crap chassis, what a mess!

Or is that just Razer quality control slipping again?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:08:44 »

Or is that just Razer quality control slipping again?

Yeah, best avoid anything selling as DA on Ebay.  If it's too cheap then stay away from it, because it's bound to be a fake with very good Razer Graphics applied.

Although there are some mice that love to copy the essential shape of a DA and remain quite good in quality compared to any of Razer's Gear, hence the cheap no-name mice might be a better deal now that Razer has decided to rip everyone off with substandard equipment.

Offline deltuhhh

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 01:13:42 »
The Steelseries Sensei. That thing was just a PoS. Also, the weird looking Mac one with the tiny ball as the scroll "wheel". Oh god.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 10:25:08 »
I just used the touchpad on a new Macbook PRO the other day. Worst thing ever. I had to press on the thing ridiculously hard just to register a click. When will APPLE find somebody with an IQ greater than 3 to design their pointing devices?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:18:10 »
When will APPLE find somebody with an IQ greater than 3 to design their pointing devices?

Maybe they should hire someone from the Razer Camp to do some good work for them  ;) .

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 04:11:40 »
That actually doesn't sound all that ridiculous (well, it does, but)—they've already acquired Beats, a brand with even worse reputation than Razer.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:09:20 »
When will APPLE find somebody with an IQ greater than 3 to design their pointing devices?

Maybe they should hire someone from the Razer Camp to do some good work for them  ;) .

Or why not Microsoft? Oh wait, the people at Microsoft are too smart to work at a joke of a company like CRAPPLE. I reckon the folks at Razer are as well.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:17:34 »
Isn't Microsoft firing like 18k people these days?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:32:57 »
Isn't Microsoft firing like 18k people these days?

That's because they're more efficient.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:39:01 »
They could reallocate them other projects though. Like development of Win95 Anniversary Edition.

Offline padath

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:41:20 »
The worst, most un-ergonomic mouse that I ever used was the Nidd Valley Digimouse that I had on my BBC Micro in the 1980's.

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 July 2014, 16:59:33 by padath »

Offline deltuhhh

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 20:59:41 »
The worst, most un-ergonomic mouse that I ever used was the Nidd Valley Digimouse that I had on my BBC Micro in the 1980's.

oh god wtf is that

Offline Kiwi_321

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 01:34:05 »
The Gigabyte Aivia Krypton was pretty underwhelming. Classic example of all the bells and whistles aimed at '1337 gamerz,' and then no basic performance..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 17:24:39 »

oh god wtf is that

How the F are you supposed to use it? With the cord facing towards you? With fingers? With your hand even?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline padath

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 03:16:56 »
How the F are you supposed to use it? With the cord facing towards you? With fingers? With your hand even?

I can't remember as it is so long ago but I think you just had to have the cable running out towards you. Remember that this was the the BBC Micro which was a computer with a built in keyboard so the mouse cable did not have to run to a box on the floor. In fact, I think the cable plugged into the user port on the bottom of the machine!

It's certainly a far better design to run the cable out of the other end. I guess this was produced before a standard mouse design was reached. A little bit of history :)

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 08:40:19 »
That mouse is still better than a single button APPLE mouse. Especially those hockey puck ones with their round shape that get turned the wrong way too easily.

Offline ShawnMeg

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:37:05 »
What would you say is the worst/least ergonomic computer monse you have used? I'd pin the crown on the Apple "hockey puck" mouse and its successors:
Show Image

I had a couple of those Apple mouses with the clear case (in white and black).  The white came with an old iMac G3, and the other, I salvaged from someone throwing it away.  I hated that there was no right click.  I sold them, as somehow, there are people out there who like them.

IBM Model F122 X 2 internal Soarer's || IBM Model M122 internal Soarer's || AEK II SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||  AEK M0115 SKCM Orange ALPS click mod external adb_usb converter || AEK M0115 SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:52:32 »
What would you say is the worst/least ergonomic computer monse you have used? I'd pin the crown on the Apple "hockey puck" mouse and its successors:
Show Image

I had a couple of those Apple mouses with the clear case (in white and black).  The white came with an old iMac G3, and the other, I salvaged from someone throwing it away.  I hated that there was no right click.  I sold them, as somehow, there are people out there who like them.

Apples were designed not to need a right click.  But you could Ctrl-click if you needed one.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 01:01:25 »
I have to say apple magic mouse... it is just horrible. imo, it is way too samll, and it is VERY hard to use.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 01:47:27 »
Apples were designed not to need a right click.  But you could Ctrl-click if you needed one.

Yes I remembered that, needing the keyboard to press the Ctrl-click action when enabling certain features within OS 7.

Very inefficient with time and hands usage.  The twin click mice of today are far more suitable for every type of operating system  :thumb: .

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:34:15 »
A DHL truck stopped by and dropped off a small package consisting of my new RMA'ed Razer 2013 mouse.

I thought about just smashing it under the wheels of my Landcruiser as I reverse down the driveway BUT I figured it would be rude to not test it out on a spare PC in my house.

So I opened the package and sure enough the latest DA 2013 was connected up and of course waiting for Synapse 2.0 to download into my system STILL pisses me off like anything (old Razer-rage).

This time as I waited for their junk bloatware to download I noticed how nice the coating was on this particular mouse compared to the cheapo-lousy one on my previous model.  Felt almost Mionix-Like as it felt really nice :o .  Of course I need to use the mouse for a few days to really see if anything has changed quality wise with this latest rma model.

I won't put this in the "Good Mouse" section because of the extreme hatred I still have for Razer Corp for selling me useless junk over the years but this latest thing might change my mind, but I doubt it.  You Geekhackers know the amount of hatred enlisted against this company for making crappy products over the years  8) .

Offline ShawnMeg

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 17:51:44 »
Show Image

Well, that design sucked because a standard right click is more efficient than the Ctrl-click.  I use right click quite a bit.

IBM Model F122 X 2 internal Soarer's || IBM Model M122 internal Soarer's || AEK II SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||  AEK M0115 SKCM Orange ALPS click mod external adb_usb converter || AEK M0115 SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 20:21:02 »
A DHL truck stopped by and dropped off a small package consisting of my new RMA'ed Razer 2013 mouse.

I thought about just smashing it under the wheels of my Landcruiser as I reverse down the driveway BUT I figured it would be rude to not test it out on a spare PC in my house.

So I opened the package and sure enough the latest DA 2013 was connected up and of course waiting for Synapse 2.0 to download into my system STILL pisses me off like anything (old Razer-rage).

This time as I waited for their junk bloatware to download I noticed how nice the coating was on this particular mouse compared to the cheapo-lousy one on my previous model.  Felt almost Mionix-Like as it felt really nice :o .  Of course I need to use the mouse for a few days to really see if anything has changed quality wise with this latest rma model.

I won't put this in the "Good Mouse" section because of the extreme hatred I still have for Razer Corp for selling me useless junk over the years but this latest thing might change my mind, but I doubt it.  You Geekhackers know the amount of hatred enlisted against this company for making crappy products over the years  8) .

You've been indoctrinated.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 20:28:00 »
Also I'm using this ****ty mouse!
I would rate this mouse as being really ****ty.

73633-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 05:44:53 »
Show Image

Well, that design sucked because a standard right click is more efficient than the Ctrl-click.  I use right click quite a bit.

But the thing is that Mac OS did not need a right-click!

That is a recent addition - and I find that I do right-click a bit on Mac OS X.  Not nearly as much as on Windows though.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 07:53:07 »
Also I'm using this ****ty mouse!
I would rate this mouse as being really ****ty.

(Attachment Link)

Cant remember using a good dell mose so I agree with you.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 10:09:57 »
I've used hundreds of input devices over the year.  None has even come close to excelling at utter failure as much as this wonderful Microsoft creation:

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 10:14:33 »

The middle one (Mighty Mouse) is IMHO the last decent mouse Apple made - I was happily using one until I recently had a catastrophic accident.  I quite like the omnidirectional scroll ball, which I haven't seen on any other mouse.  What's garbage is their newer touch-surface Magic Mouse.  Entirely too flat to be reasonably held, and I don't like wireless besides.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 06:46:19 »
I've used hundreds of input devices over the year.  None has even come close to excelling at utter failure as much as this wonderful Microsoft creation:

Show Image

You'd have to have big balls to use something like that!

Oh, wait ...

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 09:09:02 »
CM Storm Devastator.

**** internals, awful sensor (IR version of the Pixart PAN 3308 with the most angle-snapping I've ever seen on a mouse) and loads of people buying it due to the backlight keyboard and how "cool" it looks.

It's an OEM project that's being sold by Cooler Master for users who can't buy proper equipment and need cheap "cool looking" pieces of chinese crap.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 September 2014, 09:13:42 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 19:32:27 »
Picked up and re-used my DA2013 and it's back to squealing again, when used.  It's atrocious, cheap ABS plastic housing is so thin and badly engineered that when I use their mouse it starts emitting that familiar side squeaks like a choking rodent ready to snuff it.

Plus my hatred of Synapse 2.0 which has now decided to hose one of my Windows 8 installations, ahh Razer, you can always be counted upon to really fvck up a person's experience in using a PC even during 2014.

Maybe that's why I went back to using plain old Zowies, they never, ever caused any trouble or strife (maybe lucky here) to me.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 September 2014, 19:36:27 by Elrick »

Offline blackbox

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 06:05:58 »

Show Image

Wonder why it didnt catch on..
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 11:04:25 »

Show Image

Wonder why it didnt catch on..

Disastrous internals designed to fail on day 1. Wish I still had pictures...

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 01:19:35 »
The three mice in the OP still feel way better than this version.

Show Image

It's just really horrible all around.

I actually like the Magic Mouse for how it performs. But the ergonomics of the mouse is pretty horrific.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 01:23:04 »

Show Image

I actually like the Magic Mouse for how it performs. But the ergonomics of the mouse is pretty horrific.
Sure, it looks flashy and the touch thing is "neat", but prolonged use will leave you with a very sore hand. Forget about playing any kind of game with it (obviously not it's intended purpose). And it's not even all that responsive I'm my experience.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 01:28:49 »

Show Image

Sure, it looks flashy and the touch thing is "neat", but prolonged use will leave you with a very sore hand. Forget about playing any kind of game with it (obviously not it's intended purpose). And it's not even all that responsive I'm my experience.

Oh yeah I agree. But it's my only mouse so I have to use it. I'm actually looking into mice right now since I have a Magic Trackpad I could use in tandem with the mouse instead of having the magic mouse by itself.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 01:42:54 »

Show Image

Oh yeah I agree. But it's my only mouse so I have to use it. I'm actually looking into mice right now since I have a Magic Trackpad I could use in tandem with the mouse instead of having the magic mouse by itself.
I also have the magic track pad. I really wish it had the buttons on the top instead of the rubber feet being the buttons. It would have been perfect for sitting on the couch and controlling my computer streamed to my tv. But it needs a sturdy surface for the buttons to work.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 02:11:39 »
All of you are putting your ire for mediocre mouse through the juicer to try and squeeze out some genuine contempt, but I'm not convinced any of your mice are worthy of the title Worst Mouse Ever. caseyandgina is onto something with that yoga ball in a dog bowl, that's some hilariously bad stuff... (damn... it's so strange that I think I want one though...) But no, I submit before the jury this awful piece of plastic:

The MonsterGecko Pistol Mouse. Gah.

This thing was awful. It strained my forearm in a weird way, it's impossible to be accurate with, it confuses the fingers, the 800dpi sensor is crap on wheels, and it died after a couple months (how I went that long with it I have no idea).

Offline blackbox

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 03:09:39 »
All of you are putting your ire for mediocre mouse through the juicer to try and squeeze out some genuine contempt, but I'm not convinced any of your mice are worthy of the title Worst Mouse Ever. caseyandgina is onto something with that yoga ball in a dog bowl, that's some hilariously bad stuff... (damn... it's so strange that I think I want one though...) But no, I submit before the jury this awful piece of plastic:
Show Image

This thing was awful. It strained my forearm in a weird way, it's impossible to be accurate with, it confuses the fingers, the 800dpi sensor is crap on wheels, and it died after a couple months (how I went that long with it I have no idea).

That looks very ........ergonomic :p

The LAN table!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #140 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 05:13:30 »
Show Image

That looks very ........ergonomic :p

The best thing he could of done was get a Glock and shoot the fvck out of the game for real.  Nothing better than using the real thing instead of make believe bullsh1t.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 11:36:30 »
Well, the R.A.T. is by far the ugliest mouse ever. I hear it's a good mouse though, so....

I have a RAT 5, and it's pretty good, the side buttons are a bit weird though.

http://www.dexigner.com/news/image/21785/Microsoft_Express_Mouse_02

These ones are terrible as well. Why did anyone think it was a good idea to put the cable in that position? You aren't going to change the way the world makes it's mice...

Oh, and a guy at work uses one of these. It's seriously weird.

« Last Edit: Wed, 01 October 2014, 11:38:41 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 21:54:25 »

Show Image

I had a job interview once where the boss-to-be made me use his computer to demonstrate coding competency and he had one of these nasty bastards attached. That was the end of that interview, plenty of better employers available, thanks (there were other factors involved).

Offline blackbox

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 00:00:38 »

Show Image

I had a job interview once where the boss-to-be made me use his computer to demonstrate coding competency and he had one of these nasty bastards attached. That was the end of that interview, plenty of better employers available, thanks (there were other factors involved).

My previous job also had a bunch of those mouses. Sometimes I had to use it on the users computers. It was especially horrible since my hand didn't fit at all.

The LAN table!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 08:44:43 »

Show Image

My previous job also had a bunch of those mouses. Sometimes I had to use it on the users computers. It was especially horrible since my hand didn't fit at all.

Two colleagues of mine also use that 'd*ldo-mouse*.. but why? What's so special about it?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 11:36:08 »
Anything made by Microsoft.
I lol'ed... As much as I dislike microsoft for certain things, I indeed do give them a lot credit for one of the most legendary mice ever made. The IE3!

Apple: Every single mouse is terrible! It's ridiculous how forgiving apple fanboys are when it comes down to a good mouse shape... "Design is everything"
Razer: Bad quality, they force you to use synapse 2.0...
Logitech: They made terrible irreversible design decisions, vertical scrollwheel, shape, button overload, finish and painting... I'd describe the new G-line as "Taste and useless vomit" (It hurts my heart to see where they ended up, I loved the MX518 to death).

I'd put almost every mouse here which has a sensor with any kind of acceleration or path prediction etz... Wich has more than 5 mouse buttons (shapes which are made for left and right hand users are an exception), over 2000 dpi (even 2000 is ridiculously high)!

And imho every mouse with this crap should be burned imediately:

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 14:30:38 »
Actually, I'd rather burn the FPS elitist crowd. Much less effort and better outcome.

Jeff Atwood on Mouse Ballistics–eat this, sensor nazis! ^_^

Offline DWawa

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 04:42:37 »
Show Image

That's a wonderful mouse, the Humvee of mice, a genuine folly. I take cruel enjoyment in the fact that, in addition to being in monstrously bad taste, it was also ergonomically horrible. Hands down my favorite post of the thread.

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:02:40 »
I don't remember what the company was called, but my friend purchased a "gaming mouse" from ebay. It's one of those really fancy looking ones that's shaped like a spaceship, has more leds than a christmas tree and it's made by some really shady company.
I didn't care much for the shape or anything, but my only gripe was the sensor kept malfunctioning from even the simplest swipes and it had acceleration like crazy. I wanted to tell him how much of a piece of **** it was, but he paid $20 for it and looked really happy with it so I decided not to.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:01:13 »
I finished the review on the CM Storm Devastator. Just a few specs and pictures:

Sensor: Low power infrared version of the Pixart PAN 3309DH low-end sensor, with lots of bleeding from the mouse's Blue LED (reason why some people think it uses Blue LED for the sensor instead of Red, while it's actually Infrared)
Angle-snapping: Yes, activated by default, cannot be turned off.

Refresh Rate: 125 Hz, cannot be changed by default.
Main Switches: Kaiche White switches, certified for 1M clicks. But they rarely go past 4 months of usage and they're the main reason for the RMA cases on this mouse.
Side and DPI Switches: Cheap standard square switches. Both feedback and durability are bad.
Middle Button Switch: Tactile Square Switch. Manufacturer unknown, but the durability is most likely not good.
Scroll Encoder: Scroll encoder made by an unknown (and thus most likely generic) brand called "M-LO". Steps are not well defined and the scrolling isn't really smooth either, it's almost like an optical scroll encoder.

Thus, the final score I gave to the mouse on my review, was a 2/10, the lowest score I ever gave to a peripheral up to date. I only did not give it a lower score because the external build was acceptable and it really would actually make less people believe on the review. There were already plenty of people (who do not have any knowledge about mice) who own that mouse calling me "ignorant" for giving it that score anyways...

Link for the review (Brazilian Portuguese):
http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/hardwares-em-geral/543692-review-mouse-cm-storm-devastator.html
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:04:37 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.