Author Topic: [Shipping to you] "Valentine" Pink & White keyset GB (Cherry font legends)  (Read 94815 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [Taking orders] "White Valentine" doubleshot keyset group buy
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 15:02:12 »
I think he's trying to do this the Feng way, after it was recommended in his previous / ongoing Commando SA-profile group buy, where a bunch of people didn't pay their invoices.  It's more secure for a group buy organizer to ask for money upfront, so you KNOW that you got X number of orders for sure.

I see why he is doing it, but I think it's a mistake to announce the possibility of lower prices, because people will hesitate to order (among others myself  :p).

If you run a GB with upfront payments you have to stick to a predetermined fixed price (see Bunnylake's GBs or the Raindrop GB). People can either join for that price or skip the GB. If you get way more orders than you expected you can still refund a certain amount of money.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 October 2013, 15:05:23 by LechnerDE »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 15:13:27 »
Can't win one way, can't win another!  Seems like there are opinions going both ways.  I guess a logical conclusion is that it's best to be firm about conditions of a GB, and if it doesn't happen--it doesn't happen.  But it's definitely safer for the group buy and the organizer for people to commit right away.  I wouldn't extend this to every group buy organizer, but people like Jil and feng have proven themselves honest with their prior group buys.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 15:13:45 »
When it comes to group buys if people think they want it they should order, and in the last week if it hasn't hit the tier they want then pull out.

It may not even be bad for people running group buys to have commitment levels where someone cay say "I'll take the Alpha and Mods at the 150 order tier, and numpad at the 75 tier" then if anything doesn't hit the tier they are comfortable buying at they are not considered participants. Almost like a pledge style group buy. This would help higher tiers be reached quicker than people having to check back on a thread and even forgetting to do so. It would also help with impulse buys because people could just pick the price they are happy with and commit to that and not have to check back again, if the tier is hit they get an invoice, if it doesn't hit the tier they are done.

sounds like massdrop

Which is a good thing :)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 15:21:40 »
I guess a logical conclusion is that it's best to be firm about conditions of a GB, and if it doesn't happen--it doesn't happen.

That's definitely true. And I have absolutely no problems with upfront payments - it's everybody's own choice to join at a certain price or not.

It's just that right now we have kind of a mix up of both worlds. It makes it harder for people to commit to this GB especially with unusual set compositions.

Offline Neebio

• Dance Master
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 16:47:12 »
I was excited for this GB from the interest check, but not so sure now..

I realize this has been mentioned already, but seriously, the kit distribution is awful.  Please reconsider it.  I really don't want to have to order four separate sets of keys just to fill up a single board, and then be left over with a crap load of keys I can't use.

Why is ordering the Pink Mod Kit 2 the ONLY way to get arrow keys and F5-F8 keys for a white/pink set?!
Why are you left missing F5-F8 if you only order the white alphas?
Why is there no R5 Esc key with pink mod kit 1?

PLEASE reconsider the kit distribution.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 October 2013, 16:48:52 by Neebio »
RK9000RE w/ Raindrop & DDR arrow keys
Cherry G80-11900LUMEU-2 w/ Red/Black SA keys

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 16:56:57 »
I was excited for this GB from the interest check, but not so sure now..

I realize this has been mentioned already, but seriously, the kit distribution is awful.  Please reconsider it.  I really don't want to have to order four separate sets of keys just to fill up a single board, and then be left over with a crap load of keys I can't use.

Why is ordering the Pink Mod Kit 2 the ONLY way to get arrow keys and F5-F8 keys for a white/pink set?!
Why are you left missing F5-F8 if you only order the white alphas?
Why is there no R5 Esc key with pink mod kit 1?

PLEASE reconsider the kit distribution.

I feel exactly the same way. I guess there are a lot of people out there that want this set so desperately and they will jump into this GB no matter what. But it makes me feel really bad having to get three kits for a basic TKL board and ending up with a lot of caps I don't really need.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline V1ral

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 17:05:21 »
Reading the FAQ, I guess the kits are split this way to cater to the 60% owners. Despite being one of them, I don't know if I like it either.

Offline phx

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 20:36:53 »
I'm gonna be a douche and say it.

If he doesn't change, anyone wanna see another GB made? basically the exact same copy as round 1. (so no new keys from this GB, will also be using the old legend)
we can do the standard 4 kits: alpha, mods, tsangan and numpad.
http://i.imgur.com/l7bziNJ.jpg

voice your opinion here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wH1Lu7hAkkqUUN0zDEmkOE-pS8qU6AYltvg1HwIpN98/viewform

if we can get 25 sets it will only be $80+ship for a 87 TKL set. (see above)

R1: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34452.0

edit: I won't use any of the icons he created.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 October 2013, 20:54:22 by phx »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 20:41:33 »

Well, that is pretty douchy...  Why not contact jil about it first before straight up offering the above?  After all, it was his project and is his project again now.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 October 2013, 20:43:26 by Photoelectric »

Offline phx

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 20:43:55 »

If he doesn't change, anyone wanna see another GB made? basically the exact same copy as round 1. (so no new keys from this GB, will also be using the old legend)

voice your opinion here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wH1Lu7hAkkqUUN0zDEmkOE-pS8qU6AYltvg1HwIpN98/viewform

Well, that is pretty douchy...  Why not contact jil about it first before straight up offering the above?  After all, it was his project and is his project again now.

Believe me I've tried many many many times, and I'm not the only one (as you can see from the replies on this thread).
Also I created this reply instead of opening another GB to give him a final chance. I will wait a few days before making my final decision.

edit: owning the project doesnt mean he can trample all over it. my life motto is not care about anything I can't change. but guess what, I can do something in this situation so I'm acting on it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 October 2013, 20:45:40 by phx »

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 21:07:04 »

voice your opinion here:

edit: I won't use any of the icons he created.

I like this option much better. I hope everything can be worked out. I would just like to see a Valentine's set with the correct colors and better key groups.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 21:11:36 »
What's the difference between the colours on the old one and this one? A couple of people have mentioned colours now.

Edit: Derp, I just clicked the helpful link to R1. Those seem lighter and I prefer the more understated legends. There was an IC for R2, if I remember correctly. Perhaps there were people in favour of those changes in that thread that have yet to find this one?
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 October 2013, 21:14:59 by stoic-lemon »

Offline phx

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 21:25:22 »
What's the difference between the colours on the old one and this one? A couple of people have mentioned colours now.

Edit: Derp, I just clicked the helpful link to R1. Those seem lighter and I prefer the more understated legends. There was an IC for R2, if I remember correctly. Perhaps there were people in favour of those changes in that thread that have yet to find this one?
there was an IC
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47247.0

nothing really changed from it.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 21:29:28 »
Id be more appreciate if its in lower profile font.
That big ass font doesnt really mix
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 22:23:37 »
Hey, I'm still trying my best with the GB for the set that I would like to present that I put a lot of my effort into it. And now when I'm get all my head in all other things around it what are you doing in the GB thread phx? Have you ever said to me you are going to post right into my GB thread that you want to do another GB, or do another GB at the same time just to make me some more problems?
I know that's the strange way to split the kits but why I did distribute the kits like that? Because I have to try it out to see if it works with the kits I prepare. I still have things I'm going to do with this GB but first things first. We still have 3 more weeks. What are you doing man? If in the end you and your friends are still not happy with the set, go with yours then. I will wish you the best luck with that. I respect others's work. I hope you can show some, too.

And to everyone, sorry to make you guys worried about the prices and the kits with some keys lack of usefulness at the first place. I know doing something out of the normal way will cause a lot of troubles.
I said about the kits in the Interest check thread before but seems many of you didn't put your input in at that time. One complete set that can put on every keyboard you may have in your collection. Or you can keep the kit in the bag for years but when you remember about it, you can be sure that there's no board that the set can't be put on. Or when you want to sell it / look for one set, you won't be worried about its content. It's just a complete set. It's convenient. But it seems that many people prefer inexpensive products to convenient usage.
Also as you know, the prices can be decrease if there are more participants join in the GB to reach the price breaks. If you have any thoughts, just let it all out. I'm still reading all your inputs and trying to prepare somethings simpler.

I dare to say I'm the one would like to have this Valentine set made as finest as possible so much more than anyone else. I can ensure you will see this new set times better than the old one once you have it in your hand. Because I DO have the old set and had been looking at it for loooong enough (before the GF took it from me) that I can see many things I'm not happy with it. That's my first GB though.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
Re: [Taking orders] &quot;White Valentine&quot; doubleshot keyset group buy
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 22:57:23 »
I'm still not understanding why the grouping of the sets are the way they are currently. Wouldn't most people prefer TKL, numpad, etc?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 23:06:11 »
I'm still not understanding why the grouping of the sets are the way they are currently. Wouldn't most people prefer TKL, numpad, etc?

I think he wants to cover all angles and since its only a "bit" more he can satisfy everyone, as everyone gets all the keys needed for almost all strange arrays. such as the ISO kit included with the mods.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 23:16:56 »

I think he wants to cover all angles and since its only a "bit" more he can satisfy everyone, as everyone gets all the keys needed for almost all strange arrays. such as the ISO kit included with the mods.

I can see what Jil tries to achieve here, but wouldn't it be better to leave it up to us to decide what kits we need? I guess the goal here is, *forcing* us to buy more caps with this grouping so that we won't regret not getting a certain tsangan set when we got a board with different layout in the future. But I think people have plan and for me, I know I won't get any ISO board and I will only be using this set on TKL board. So tsangan is not necessary. Of course there could be argument for both sides though.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 23:31:55 »

I can see what Jil tries to achieve here, but wouldn't it be better to leave it up to us to decide what kits we need? I guess the goal here is, *forcing* us to buy more caps with this grouping so that we won't regret not getting a certain tsangan set when we got a board with different layout in the future. But I think people have plan and for me, I know I won't get any ISO board and I will only be using this set on TKL board. So tsangan is not necessary. Of course there could be argument for both sides though.
Yeah but his way helps the people who want the iso kit or tsangan kits or extended kits. In the end its probably like a $5 difference but we are left with a bunch of caps we won't use but they probably have value to those who need them. It's a weird way to do things since from our perspective we only want the alpha,mods,tsangan maybe. But those who want the scarcer kits will have to pay a lot more to get what they want. That said he noted these are the maximum price you will pay, although for me upfront is a lot harder to deal with even though I trust jil more than I trust myself and I don't think we've ever exchanged words :P.

I just don't think it's right for people to start up their own GB off of jil's work (I mean look at how everyone sided with sherryton when he does his GMK buys)

Funny enough, I'm also one of those people who just needs 1/2 of the keycaps listed but I did say I was going to buy in for sure .
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline phx

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 01:11:52 »
I understand what you are trying to do and believe me I do not want to rip off anyone's hard work. (even though I do not believe copying a color scheme is ripping someone off)

that being said, my hands are being forced here. I want a set of R1 Valentines with the old legend, I patiently waited for months for you to start R2 but you chose to ignore those of us (multiple times) who prefer the old legend. What do you want us to do? wait another year? I rather take things into my own hands and do something about it.
I will not compete with you, I will wait for this GB to close before I start my own.

or you can just offer us the set we want, your choice. I just don't understand why you are choosing to go against us, what do you have to lose? you already have like 6 kits planned, why cant you add 1 or 2 more? I dont care if it's at a different price tier, if there is demand the price will drop, just like the other 6 kits you already have. I get you might personally like the larger legend, but look at Bunny's GB, he is offering both styles: http://192.241.230.4/buys

Please don't change what's not broken, round 1 did great, just repeat that (+extras) and everyone will be happy. Add things, improve things, but don't overhaul and change everything.

Offline GeeNDL82

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 01:36:26 »
I still dont understand why you are too rush on Valentine set. Each person each style, JIL does his own. So dont compare with another people.

You want to have R1 Valentine set, you can find your own way. But dont make trouble for another one. You are adult, i hope you can understand cleary what i said.

I understand what you are trying to do and believe me I do not want to rip off anyone's hard work. (even though I do not believe copying a color scheme is ripping someone off)

that being said, my hands are being forced here. I want a set of R1 Valentines with the old legend, I patiently waited for months for you to start R2 but you chose to ignore those of us (multiple times) who prefer the old legend. What do you want us to do? wait another year? I rather take things into my own hands and do something about it.
I will not compete with you, I will wait for this GB to close before I start my own.

or you can just offer us the set we want, your choice. I just don't understand why you are choosing to go against us, what do you have to lose? you already have like 6 kits planned, why cant you add 1 or 2 more? I dont care if it's at a different price tier, if there is demand the price will drop, just like the other 6 kits you already have. I get you might personally like the larger legend, but look at Bunny's GB, he is offering both styles: http://192.241.230.4/buys

Please don't change what's not broken, round 1 did great, just repeat that (+extras) and everyone will be happy. Add things, improve things, but don't overhaul and change everything.
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 01:49:35 »
I still dont understand why you are too rush on Valentine set. Each person each style, JIL does his own. So dont compare with another people.

You want to have R1 Valentine set, you can find your own way. But dont make trouble for another one. You are adult, i hope you can understand cleary what i said.

phx is not making trouble, he's simply addressing a problem that many others have mentioned, and providing an option to fix the problem. Yes, Jil is able to run whatever GB they want in whatever format they want, but many people have mentioned that having to purchase 3 sets just to get one usable set is ridiculous. As far as I can see right now, this GB is catered to what Jil wants personally and not what the others want as well. He has made no indication of any sort that he is even considering changing the layout, which simply doesn't work for the majority of people on GH. At this point, I don't see any problem in phx starting their own GB. He decided to say that in here, not because he wanted to derail the thread, but because he wanted to give Jil a chance to change his mind, which he doesn't seem to want to do. He already stated that he will wait until this GB is over before starting his own. I hope you can understand clearly what I said.

Note: This is all my personal opinion and doesn't reflect any other person's opinion.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 06:28:05 »
To the people who are still interested in this set and still sastify with how it's now, but want it could be cheaper? Just keep ordering. We needs more orders to make this Valentine set happen and even at lower prices. The current kits will be still till the last so who ordered doesn't have to be worried.

To those who wants a simpler set with less keys but still can cover your board and at more reasonable price, wait for a couple of days. I'm working on it for you guys.

Thanks!

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 06:47:26 »
That's sounds great jil :thumb:

Offline Rabbit

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 09:10:10 »

Honestly, if you start what you said above,  I'll join your GB. ;D

This one is not a good GB , it's just something for JIL's own taste. :-X

And I don't buy it ,coz 87 layout is a basic,  JIL, you should think of that before you  run the GB,  :(
not open it , make people join, then fix it. :(

And still I do believe the number of people who has orderd, the price of each level, shoule be open.  Or......Is there anything you don't want us to see?? :(

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 10:12:07 »
Stop derailing the thread to another story of yours fantastic world.

If you've followed the 23 Commando set GB, you will know why I do this kind of fixed prices for better organizing process. The prices now are the maximum amount, join now if you think you can afford it, or wait for some days if you want better prices. People can still have better prices if we can gather enough people, if you READ my previous post you will know it.
And if we're close to a pricebreak (5-10 kits) I will annouce it to attract more people. Is that any different from update every count to waste the time, or can't you realize the fact?
The prices now are for 75-100 sets so why do you want to know the prices for 150-200 sets since we're still at 20-30 sets?

Think before you post anything.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 10:14:27 »

I understand that you're frustrated that you haven't been able to find a Valentines Round 1 set in the classifieds. It is a great key cap set and one that took me a long time to find as well.

jil_jil32 has chosen to do something different rather than do a repeat of the set that was created last year. That's his prerogative since he's the creator of this group buy and I think we can all understand and respect that creative decision. It's a creative choice that may not prove to be as popular as his previous version, but that's the risk he's chosen to take.

I think it's in poor form to criticize this group buy because it's not exactly what you want and then to threaten to fork a new group buy within the thread. Your hand is not being forced here by anything other than your frustration and impatience.

There's nothing stopping you from creating your own group buy for the set that you want, but this thread is not the place to do it.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 10:18:34 »

And I don't buy it ,coz 87 layout is a basic,  JIL, you should think of that before you  run the GB,  :(

And still I do believe the number of people who has orderd, the price of each level, shoule be open.  Or......Is there anything you don't want us to see?? :(

The time to voice these kinds of opinions is in the Interest Check that was done back in August. This type of discussion could be perceived as threadcrapping since it's neither appropriate, or constructive.

If the group buy doesn't appeal to you, then simply don't participate.

Offline phx

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 10:29:39 »
There's nothing stopping you from creating your own group buy for the set that you want, but this thread is not the place to do it.

I posted here because I wanted to give him a chance to change his mind. How would you feel if I just opened up another similar GB without telling anyone? By the looks of where this is going it seems like my GB will most likely happen after this one ends. and FYI everything I posted in this thread was posted in the IC as well, except he never gave me a solid response, (still haven't). People are voicing their criticism/suggestion because they care, how is that threadcrapping? Threadcrapping is more like "i hate this set, not buying". Short pointless comments with nothing to add to the discussion.

This will be my last post on this thread.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 October 2013, 10:31:51 by phx »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 10:30:33 »
Thank you, Mashby, for speaking some sense.  Sometimes I'm amazed how easily people forget that this is a community--not a village market where everyone just wants to haggle, grab the best deal, and run off, showing some shocking lack of tact.  On the note of the actual caps, some of us like the large legends and the current colors, so please don't speak for everyone when you say that this set is not to the potential customers' satisfaction.  And as has been brought up earlier, prices are subject to change if enough people order.

phx, what is this ultimatum thing you're trying to pull?  Have some sense, please.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 10:40:33 »
so I see, a bunch of people here just want another boring keyset, that means a minimum-amount of keycaps set, a repeating of the old one,...

we also have a IC thread for this set, we have a lot of time from the R1 till now, and all they do is come to this GB thread and start complaining and make some trouble too
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Rabbit

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 10:42:51 »

The time to voice these kinds of opinions is in the Interest Check that was done back in August. This type of discussion could be perceived as threadcrapping since it's neither appropriate, or constructive.

If the group buy doesn't appeal to you, then simply don't participate.

I don't see what I said is threadcrapping. I repilied, which clearly shows that I like this GB.

2 Kit for 87 layout , that's an appropriate suggestion. Coz if this changes , the GB will make more people to join in. It's good for everyone.

I know your responsibility. I totally understand. 

But I just said that , coz I deeply love this  keyset. Could you please think of that in a positive direction? :D

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:04:59 »

I understand that you're frustrated that you haven't been able to find a Valentines Round 1 set in the classifieds. It is a great key cap set and one that took me a long time to find as well.

jil_jil32 has chosen to do something different rather than do a repeat of the set that was created last year. That's his prerogative since he's the creator of this group buy and I think we can all understand and respect that creative decision. It's a creative choice that may not prove to be as popular as his previous version, but that's the risk he's chosen to take.

I think it's in poor form to criticize this group buy because it's not exactly what you want and then to threaten to fork a new group buy within the thread. Your hand is not being forced here by anything other than your frustration and impatience.

I can't see why you see phx as "threatening" to fork a GB. phx is not criticizing this GB and none of us is. We post our opinions here just because we care and we want to make this GB better. Of course a good balance needs to be kept between taking our opinion and sticking to Jil's, but there is definitely nothing wrong with each sides.

To Photoelectric, GH being a community also means, GH is open to discussion and different opinions. phx is not speaking for everyone, just for those who wants a basic set, and I believe there are many, based on previous posts. phx could bring up the idea of R1 replica in a better way so people like you don't get pissed. But again, I believe phx's intention is nothing more than making Jil's GB better. And GH being a community means, we should understand that and not turn this discussion into a battle.

To bazh, I don't see how this discussion is making trouble. People have different taste for keycaps and I don't think it is appropiate to judge people's taste.

Personally, I really don't care the current order counts being hidden or the legend being small or large. It is the grouping of keys that makes me cross my finger. Jil said he was working on it for us and I think that's great. So why can't we just put all of the "phx is evil" or "R1 replica vs Jil's new style" discussion aside and wait to see what decision Jil makes?

Once again, I wrote this long post just because I want to make my effort to make this GB better, however small my effort may be. I am not a native English speaker so don't get offended by my inappropiate choice of words. We're cool right?  :thumb:

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:08:55 »
All I see is two side of friends and community trying to stop each other from making a GB, so far Jil's side did not do anything, but taking options and telling everyone there's 3 more weeks, things will change and price will go down, but on the other side.. just pure immature.  If ANYONE thinks that Phx is not threatening Jil to close his GB.. something is wrong, and there was an IC thread for a whole month, nothing has been done? So a few people was unhappy with the decision, and they start to boycott? Damn, so much drama.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:18:25 »
^
^: what I said is we had an IC thread, then like mashby said before, this GB thread is not the right place
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Neebio

• Dance Master
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:49:25 »
To those who wants a simpler set with less keys but still can cover your board and at more reasonable price, wait for a couple of days. I'm working on it for you guys.

Thanks!

Good to hear that you are reconsidering the kit contents.  Thank you for this.

I suppose this should have been discussed in the interest check thread, and looking back at that now, I see that the kit setup was there, but nobody was talking about it.  Most comments in the interest check thread were directed at legend design, colours, or big vs small alphas...  Personally, I don't think it was clear that the pictures posted in the interest check were intended to be the kits in the group buy.  I was under the impression that the pictures were purely to evaluate the legends and custom legend design of the caps, and to give us an idea what the boards would look like.  I hadn't even considered the thought that the GB might be started with anything other than alpha kit, mod kit, tsangan kit, iso kit, etc., since that setup is so tried and true.

Thank you again for reconsidering the kit contents.  If the kits turn out better, I'll be filling out that order form.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:51:13 by Neebio »

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:18:34 »
I like the kit in this group but very much.  Just like jil_jil32 said, you can use this set on every board, even you have strange layout.

Offline Neebio

• Dance Master
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 16:23:30 »
I like the kit in this group but very much.  Just like jil_jil32 said, you can use this set on every board, even you have strange layout.

You can use nearly every group buy keycap set on any board, provided you pick up all the relevant kits (tsangan, numpad, etc) but the difference here is that not everybody wants to pay for lots of left over caps they might not ever end up using.  IMO if people want a keycap set that is usable on all boards, then they can pay the extra for the extra caps, but not everybody should be forced to pay for extras they may never use.

Offline Forever

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 22:01:07 »

catch ya

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 01:51:12 »
These have been considering to be offered next week, along with the current kits:

Offline Irisviel

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 02:02:52 »
Great update!

Offline Rabbit

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 05:21:42 »
These have been considering to be offered next week, along with the current kits:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Where is the pink "home""IOU" etc??

I hope I would see them in the pink MOD. :)

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 06:47:01 »
It's in the current kits as you can see in the first post...

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 07:34:37 »
Fair enough. I think everyone should be happy now. Thank you Jil for the great work.

Offline Neebio

• Dance Master
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 08:49:28 »

--snip--

Thanks Jil, these provide much better options, especially for us people with plain old full size keyboards.

I do still have one suggestion though.  Lets say I get a set for a full size board.  I would get the new pink mod kit, the white alpha kit, and the numpad kit.  That's a good setup, but compared to the other kits, there's pretty much nothing new in that setup.  What I'm trying to say is the only special key caps you get are the 'X' and 'O' key caps from the alpha kit.

My suggestion is to add a couple keys to the new mod kits you are making available.  Here is what I would suggest:

37730-0

I think having a couple special caps in the mod kit would make this a much better group buy for full size board buyers.  I also mocked up the `~ and \| keys for symmetry.  I suggest of course doing the same type of thing for the new pink on grey mod set, but I didn't really look as close at that one to see if it needed any additional special caps to balance it out.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 09:12:55 »
Good suggestion Neebio!

I am especially in favor of adding the "~" and the "\" key to achieve perfect symmetry for the modifers.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 09:22:06 »
Actually there will be more special keys that I prepared for everyone in the White base than what you've thought (read the Details of the kits plz). It's just that I save the meaningful moment for you to find out what they are when you receive the set. It will be a nice supprise I believe.

So for people who just NEED a basic set that can cover their regular boards and still has the Valentine flavor I think the most simple mod kits with just enough of keys are very good options now. That's why I will provide what they need with the next kits.

For people who are more picky about the aesthetic or WANT special keys for special boards, just go with the current kits for the most amazing Valentine set ever!

Thank you all for your interest and please keep ordering to make this GB happen!

Offline Neebio

• Dance Master
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 10:52:53 »
Actually there will be more special keys that I prepared for everyone in the White base than what you've thought (read the Details of the kits plz). It's just that I save the meaningful moment for you to find out what they are when you receive the set. It will be a nice supprise I believe.

So for people who just NEED a basic set that can cover their regular boards and still has the Valentine flavor I think the most simple mod kits with just enough of keys are very good options now. That's why I will provide what they need with the next kits.

For people who are more picky about the aesthetic or WANT special keys for special boards, just go with the current kits for the most amazing Valentine set ever!

Thank you all for your interest and please keep ordering to make this GB happen!

Thanks for your work on this Jil.  What do you think about adding pink '`~' and '\|' key caps to the new pink mod set?  I think the set would really benefit from the symmetry that these key caps would allow for.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 12:11:36 »
Ah for those keys if you think you really need it just give me a note in the order form. If the current kits could be done I think I could provide those separately later for personal request, not 100% certain though. But I will give it a try.

My highest priority is the whole GB, that every kits could be done sucessfully, so the minor details will be discussed and dealt with later. I hope everyone can understand it for me.

Offline Neebio

• Dance Master
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 12:24:23 »
Ah for those keys if you think you really need it just give me a note in the order form. If the current kits could be done I think I could provide those separately later for personal request, not 100% certain though. But I will give it a try.

My highest priority is the whole GB, that every kits could be done sucessfully, so the minor details will be discussed and dealt with later. I hope everyone can understand it for me.

Sounds good Jil.  Will the order form be updated with the new kits soon?  I'll be putting in my order once the form has the new kits!