Author Topic: Is 62g spring worth the trouble of modding MX Red with?  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Is 62g spring worth the trouble of modding MX Red with?
« on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:32:38 »
So as I've been told.  62g feels slightly heavier than MX Red and 65g feels slightly lighter than MX Black.

Ideally people say I want gold (as oppose to silver) 62g spring which is actually slightly heavier and sits in a nice middle ground between MX Red and MX Black.

Though I can't seem to find gold 62g spring anywhere at the moment.

Just wondering is silver 62g mod noticeable enough to worth all the trouble?

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Is 62g spring worth the trouble of modding MX Red with?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:37:35 »
If you want 62g gold spring feeling, use 65g silver springs imo. I probably wouldn't swap 60g for 62g unless you planned to desolder the switches and wanted to lube them.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:39:20 by Jocelyn »

Offline Hyde

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:42:56 »
Ahhhhh I see, so the difference is too small eh?  Though I feel like if I'm gonna go through all that much trouble maybe I should just try Ergo Clear with silver 62g springs lol.

And ops I realize I posted in the wrong section mods please move this to the appropriate section.  >____<

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:48:13 »
Yeah, but I'd still do it and lube them. Blacks are ~80g fully compressed, not 65g.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 23:04:53 »
Hyde if you want I can just do all that for you and sell you my silver 62gs while we're at it.
I love Elzy

Offline Hyde

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 00:19:38 »
lol oh yeah?  You have extra silver 62g springs?

Thanks Sifo that's very nice of you.  :P

If you have extra ones then maybe I'll buy them off you though at the moment I still need to make my purchase on the keyboard and MX Clear switches first lol.

I'll message you on Skype later to work out the details.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 00:50:59 »
What about vintage blacks?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 01:25:29 »
^

If you wanted vintage blacks I can sell you those too...

lol.
I love Elzy

Offline Hyde

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 10:16:10 »
LOL man you're like a keyboard vendor now...... Wait a sec...... when did you get that vendor icon !?!?!?!?!  :eek:

So you did become a vendor !!!

I need the product catalogue list or something from you later lol.