Author Topic: Microsoft Trackball Explorer  (Read 53606 times)

Offline kaotikb

Re: Microsoft Trackball Explorer
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 21:16:48 »
How do you like the ceramic bearings and did you install them yourself?  I saw a real junky video linked to the ebay ad showing installation. 

The Trackball Optical is my input device of choice and I have one needing new bearings + 2 new in box ones (not selling)

The ceramic bearings make it roll almost like new. You can install them by making a hole on the other side with a very small bit or you can try prying them out with a small pin between the edge of the plastic and bearing.
Ducky 1087 (Green ALPS) |  CM QFR Stealth (MX Brown) | Unicomp Ultra Classic |Poker II (MX Brown)  | IBM 1391401 1991 | IBM 1391401 1989 | Ducky Shine 3 White Edition (MX Brown) | G80-3700(MX Black) | Corsair K70 (MX Brown) | Varmillo VA87MR (Gateron Red)

Pointing Devices:  Microsoft Trackball Optical (Ceramic bearings Installed)  | Sanwa MA-TB39BK (Larger Ceramic Bearings Installed) | Elecom M-XT2URBK | Kensington Slimblade | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Logitech Trackman Marble Plus

Offline Eugene45

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 15:34:46 »
Hello, yeah thats a hell of a necropost ;)

Okay so i try to find information of the type of switch that the microsoft optical trackball 1.0 is using

Right / Left Click

Mini button

Source

https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=85256&start=30

So it seems that whe could use the Omron one for left / right click and find an alternative for the little one
The one on the Logitech Trackman Wheel are : D2FC-F-7N20(20M)
I find one teardown video but he does not show the switch part.

Have a nice day, hope this help someone.

lmao, cut the French some slack, they gave you a big statue

Offline Eugene45

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 09:08:47 »
So again, seems that the switch i was looking for are "Panasonic Square Micro Switch "

And its seems that kailth is making some "silent" version of it http://fr.aliexpress.com/store/product/10pcs-lot-original-KAILH-square-silent-mouse-micro-switch-mouse-button-can-replace-a-rectangle-micro/1763851_32448003409.html?storeId=1763851

Hope this help someone

Have a nice day.

lmao, cut the French some slack, they gave you a big statue