Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4191157 times)

Offline iri

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #800 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 16:46:12 »
Well I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt if she owned up to it but she immediately denied it so I told her were done. It sucks but I'm happy its over
report backs when you're finished beating those bastards.

if, of course, you were serious about beating them. which i doubt.

Nah I definitely won't do that. Ill do other things
so that was bull****. how boring.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #801 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 17:13:21 »
Well I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt if she owned up to it but she immediately denied it so I told her were done. It sucks but I'm happy its over
report backs when you're finished beating those bastards.

if, of course, you were serious about beating them. which i doubt.
Sorry but jail isn't my cup of tea
Nah I definitely won't do that. Ill do other things
so that was bull****. how boring.

Poker II

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #802 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 17:35:59 »
what a waste of good kimchi

you could have given it to meeeee
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #803 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 18:56:58 »
Gotta go to a meet and greet. Not a fan of meeting new people IRL, id much rather hang out with you guys :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #804 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 19:12:21 »
what a waste of good kimchi

you could have given it to meeeee
ROFL HAHAHAHAHA

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #805 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 07:45:22 »

The girl i've been seeing had a threesome with two of my friends. I am going to beat the living hell out of them.
I think that goes slightly beyond 'bothering'.
That sucks man. :(

But why go after them alone? She probably agreed as well. Did they know you were seeing her?

How did you find out?

Well I can't beat her up but I'm going to call her out and make sure everyone knows what she did. They certainly did know because I was hanging out with her earlier that day and I told them I was. And I learned because my best friend is friends with one of the tools that did it and he bragged about it to him
poppin caps homie
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #806 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 07:59:45 »
The girl i've been seeing had a threesome with two of my friends. I am going to beat the living hell out of them.
I think that goes slightly beyond 'bothering'.
That sucks man. :(

But why go after them alone? She probably agreed as well. Did they know you were seeing her?

How did you find out?

Well I can't beat her up but I'm going to call her out and make sure everyone knows what she did. They certainly did know because I was hanging out with her earlier that day and I told them I was. And I learned because my best friend is friends with one of the tools that did it and he bragged about it to him

Okay, so some guy brags about having a threesome with your girl to some other guy.... And she denies it... And you trust that the guy was telling the truth? Did you confirm it somehow?

Not to be disrespectful, but it could just be guys being asshats and making up stories about stuff they wish happened but didn't.

If it really did happen and she lied about it, then sure, break up with her, move on and leave it alone. There's enough negative crap out there already, no need to waste effort making other peoples lives worse when you could be using it to make people who deserve it more (like yourself) happy.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #807 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 08:36:27 »
+1
You probably should have verified it somehow. Ask the guys, when did it happen, circumstances, whatever.
Oobly might be right, there is something off about this story. Give us some details.
If you prefer not telling it on here, I know of a different forum where you can tell.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline osi

« Reply #808 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 08:46:22 »
Dropped my rotring 600 this morning and bent the tip slightly. Now there is a small 'burr' on the end.

It only bent ~20 degrees and I was able to correct it. The little burr does not affect performance and the tip straightened back out without much effort. It seems ok for now--but I will always know.... :( :(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #809 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 08:56:01 »
I just bit my tongue while sneezing.  Kind of seems like not a big deal after the recent posts in this thread, but hopefully it'll lighten the mood.  :)

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #810 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 09:09:19 »
I just bit my tongue while sneezing.  Kind of seems like not a big deal after the recent posts in this thread, but hopefully it'll lighten the mood.  :)

AAAAAANNNNNND now theres milk on my laptop from spitting it out

Poker II

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #811 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:51:38 »
I dropped a plate with a steak and a steak knife and tried to grab the plate before it hit the floor.
I grabbed the point of the steak knife with my left hand instead.

2 stitches...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #812 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:54:48 »
I dropped a plate with a steak and a steak knife and tried to grab the plate before it hit the floor.
I grabbed the point of the steak knife with my left hand instead.

2 stitches...

:eek:   That sounds awful!  Hope it's alright... Reminds me of a friend who knocked a chainsaw (powered off) off a ledge and tried to catch it by gripping the chain...   :-X

This makes my tongue biting comment even more insignificant.   :-[

Offline osi

« Reply #813 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 15:56:56 »
Iggy Azalea

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #814 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 19:39:12 »
This new Thunderbird is bothering me.

Typing part of the to/cc address doesn't work the same way, so my email addressing is slowing down.

Tabbing between the address fields doesn't work the same way, so my email addressing is slowing down.

Showing all folders with unread emails now displays the folders in a hierarchy, which takes longer and is causing my email checking to slow down.

Marking read or deleting many emails in a folder doesn't readjust the list in the same way when there are enough unread emails to fit on a page any more - this is slowing down my email processing.

Slow downs all across the board.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #815 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 13:12:14 »
The loudest thing in my main deskop is my Seagate HDD..

Since I have my OS on an SSD already, the benefits of replacing that HDD are really low and prohibitively expensive. Either my wallet will hate me or my ears will hate me.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #816 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 14:45:53 »
The loudest thing in my main deskop is my Seagate HDD..

Since I have my OS on an SSD already, the benefits of replacing that HDD are really low and prohibitively expensive. Either my wallet will hate me or my ears will hate me.

Or your drive will die and you will loose all your data because you didn't replace it.

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #817 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 15:08:06 »
As a responsible person I have recent backups on other locations.  :thumb:

It's just a product of a shoddy drive (the WD 1TB Blue drives are much better) and bad placement in my chassis (not much I can do about that due to space constraints).
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #818 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 15:09:58 »
As a responsible person I have recent backups on other locations.  :thumb:

It's just a product of a shoddy drive (the WD 1TB Blue drives are much better) and bad placement in my chassis (not much I can do about that due to space constraints).

ever try to o-ring mod a keyboard? if you have extras around use them to insulate the HD Screws
:D

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #819 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 15:59:40 »
USPS sent my package from Chattanooga to Miami when I live in Canada.
How does that even work?
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #820 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 18:39:53 »
this squeaky mouse wheel.

STOP IT MOUSE WHEEL, YOU ARE NOT ACTUAL MOUSE!

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #821 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 18:49:57 »
The mail delivery route in my neighborhood recently changed so that my house gets reached at the end of the day. I really want to change my sleep cycle so it feels like I'm waiting less on the day of delivery.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #822 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 20:15:54 »

Offline Kraksx

Poker II

Offline osi

« Reply #824 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 20:28:07 »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #825 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 23:02:06 »
Spent 3 hours at the bank trying to get our mortgage signed today, but since our mortgage broker is a moron, the paperwork was wrong and we got nowhere. Baaa...

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #826 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 23:25:39 »
Spent 3 hours at the bank trying to get our mortgage signed today, but since our mortgage broker is a moron, the paperwork was wrong and we got nowhere. Baaa...

I misread that your broker was a Mormon, and my mind immediately crossed off alcohol as a possible reason for him messing up. Hope everything gets squared away as soon as possible.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #827 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 03:25:29 »
so uh... i just woke up all dandy and like after 30 minutes i look to me left and
there's this bigass spider
huge big
large great
big huge
titanic enormous
halp
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #828 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 05:32:23 »
so uh... i just woke up all dandy and like after 30 minutes i look to me left and
huge big
large great
big huge
titanic enormous
halp

1. Stop posting about it on Geekhack.

2. Exit the building in an orderly manner.

3. Nuke from orbit.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #829 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:08:46 »

huge big
large great
big huge
titanic enormous
halp

1. Stop posting about it on Geekhack.

2. Exit the building in an orderly manner.

3. Nuke from orbit.
there are ****ing spiders everywhere i gotta leave the country
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #830 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:14:48 »
Or maybe get rid of your arachnophobia, y'know...

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #831 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 08:04:15 »
That feeling that I'm trapped inside my own head and can't seem to escape...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #832 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 08:27:18 »
That feeling that I'm trapped inside my own head and can't seem to escape...

But where would you go?

Currently not sure what's going on my hands feel bigger than normal (they aren't) using the mouse and reading is making me feel a little motion sick....head spinning just a little

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #833 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 08:33:32 »
But where would you go?

Onward in life...

Currently not sure what's going on my hands feel bigger than normal (they aren't) using the mouse and reading is making me feel a little motion sick....head spinning just a little

Sounds like a tad bit of vertigo. If it gets worse, seek medical attention.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #834 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 13:35:38 »
Got a notice of eviction... there is no reason given. I have no clue what is going on. Now of course is the absolute worst time to be looking for apartments. There are 2 different college/university in my area so everything in my price range is gone with the school year starting soon.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #835 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 13:37:13 »
Got a notice of eviction... there is no reason given. I have no clue what is going on. Now of course is the absolute worst time to be looking for apartments. There are 2 different college/university in my area so everything in my price range is gone with the school year starting soon.

Man that sucks bro.....

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #836 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 13:40:57 »

get a reason and make sure it is not your fault. you do not want a eviction on your rental history. :(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #837 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 13:43:46 »

:confused:   WHAT.  That's awful...  :(  I didn't know they could do that without a reason...

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #838 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 14:23:15 »
Apparently that is acceptable here, to not give any reason after some brief searches on the law. The word eviction is nowhere on the notice, they are calling it termination of tenancy on the letter I got but it amounts to the same thing. Personally I believe they are just looking to get me out so they can renovate and charge someone else a couple hundred more per month than what I am paying them.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #839 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 15:27:59 »

sue!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #840 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 15:28:41 »

sue!

Yes.  Sue everyone!

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #841 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 15:31:55 »
I mean as a renter you have to issue due notice for terminating someone's occupancy here, which they did. You just basically got screwed by poor landlords. That's an unfortunate situation with little recourse, aside from defaming their reputation online.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #842 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 15:57:10 »
Apparently that is acceptable here, to not give any reason after some brief searches on the law. The word eviction is nowhere on the notice, they are calling it termination of tenancy on the letter I got but it amounts to the same thing. Personally I believe they are just looking to get me out so they can renovate and charge someone else a couple hundred more per month than what I am paying them.

I wouldn't be surprised if higher rent was the plan.  Is it a termination or failure to renew the rental agreement?  Most states I know of require a breach of contract to termunate the rental agreement unless it's month to month.  Whatever it is, it might be worth talking to a tenant's rights group.  Most cities have non-profits or government agencies that handle that, especially in cities with universities and/or a decent sized low income population.  Your landlord should have given you some of those contacts when you signed.  I know I got them in Seattle and Texas.

And on termination v. eviction, the first is just the termination of a rental contract which, AFAIK, should require a breach of contract.  Eviction is a process that goes through the courts and requires you to be formally served with an eviction notice.

Whatever route you go, I hope it works out.  That process just sucks.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #843 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 18:26:23 »

sue!

Yes.  Sue everyone!
hell yeah!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline iri

« Reply #844 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 06:56:03 »

sue!

Yes.  Sue everyone!
'murica **** yeah!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #845 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 08:22:21 »

sue!

Yes.  Sue everyone!
'murica **** yeah!
SORT YOUR ****ING QUOTES OUT
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #846 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 08:24:21 »
It is summer, and very hot in my apartment. Yet I am supposed to be working all summer (from home), until I start my new job in august (which will be very busy from the start). I have more work to do than I think I can finish even if I work around the clock everyday including the weekends. This is not the kind of thing I can postpone or ignore. It needs to be done, or I will be in trouble.

When I think about everything I am supposed to do, I can feel a slight nausea setting in. Every time I open my work e-mail my heart is racing. Every time my phone rings I worry who it is. I got an e-mail the other day that complicated things for me, and I started sweating out of nowhere and feeling dizzy. I think I experienced a panic attack for the first time in my life. So I just keep working, one thing at a time, without thinking about everything as a whole. I have not been outside more than 2 hours in the past week. I have not slept more than 5 hours a night in over a month.

It's ok though. Just a few more months like this. By December, everything will be normal again.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 July 2014, 08:41:09 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #847 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 10:15:28 »
Hire an assistant!

I have been off contract on a month to month deal since like 2008 or something like this. As far as I can tell what I got amounts more to something like... we would like you to leave so do so on your own accord now. If I don't then maybe they will try to find some reason to start a formal eviction. I tried to talk to the management office and they were being as vague as possible. So it sounds like there really is no specific valid reason. Either way... I am looking for somewhere else and perhaps I will find something reasonable. If they are going to cause me frustration I don't really want to go into some fight with them.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #848 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 10:25:16 »
@Ivan: Man, well maybe you can find some place even better? I know university is starting soon and housing is kind of scarce, but the people who DO need roommates or sub-leases are starting to lower prices so it's kind of a high risk high reward situation. I really wish you luck man!

@Grim: At least August is soon! Yes I think tackling things piece-by-piece is best. Whenever I feel overworked at home I try keeping my house super clean in my free-time and that usually helps me feel better when it comes to long at-home assignments. Everyone has different stress-relief methods though, so ymmv. And yes, the busier you are the faster December comes!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #849 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 11:36:34 »
Perhaps it's time to go back to Ukraine... I bet I could find some nice cheap housing in Donetsk  :rolleyes: