Author Topic: TODAY'S WEATHER  (Read 34117 times)

Offline iri

Re: TODAY'S WEATHER
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 16:33:01 »
7C this morning, light mist of rain in the city.
O_o
just like here, on the 60th parallel.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 15:18:01 »
It's 1 degree C outside atm, and 10 degrees C where I am sitting inside.

15 minutes and I'm off to walk to the railway station to go to work ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 20:09:10 »
TONIGHT IS NICE AND SUNNY.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 23:08:43 »
Nice to see you back!
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline James35

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 15:46:56 »
I just moved to Las Vegas. The weather here is amazing.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:27:58 »
its 72F today, but it will be 95ish by wednesday
Hi :)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 23:35:06 »
Hilarious. Relatively warm/hot today ... Wind advisory at night looool

Offline iri

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 07:47:09 »
+32°c, overcast
Was +9°c last Wednesday.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 08:01:09 »
[08:42] <CLiB> !w
[08:42] <red-robot> CLiB: Clear, 12.7 °C. Humidity 51%. Wind from the NW at 6.4 km/h gusting to 19.3 km/h. (Mon, 19 May 2014 08:36:55 -0400)

From the Deskthority IRC.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline iri

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 09:39:02 »
wow, my frozen northern island is now hotter than houston.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 11:21:58 »
22C at the moment, high today of 25C.  The rest of the week supposed to be mid to upper 20's.  Beautiful spring weather.

Last week we hit 35C for a couple of days, followed by four inches of rain in 24 hours.   

Offline hehenri

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 13:22:33 »
28°C in Finland today  :cool:

Offline iri

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 10:48:00 »
Light Rain         
7°C
Feels Like: 4°

-Ray Bradbury

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 10:50:25 »
 CLiB: Partly Cloudy, 25.1 °C. Humidity 55%. Wind from the SW at 2.7 km/h. (Tue, 27 May 2014 11:39:57 -0400)
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:16:38 »
Hottest day this year: 30,5C in the air, probably a lot warmer in the sun.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:23:47 »
CLiB: Scattered Clouds, 17.4 °C. Humidity 63%. Wind from the East at 2.7 km/h. (Fri, 30 May 2014 09:21:59 -0400)
tp thread is tp thread

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:25:41 »
Hottest day this year: 30,5C in the air, probably a lot warmer in the sun.

In Norway 30,5°C? Wow, here in Austria in Vienna we have currently about 17°C, and it was the month May with the most rain ever.
... ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 03:00:55 »
17°C in Melbourne today too.

Currently 13.2°C where I am (outside, that is, more like 17.3°C inside).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 03:13:19 »
It's really hot here right now.  Hot and humid.

I know this because literally every person I saw today told me that it was "****ing hot".

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 03:47:02 »

I know this because literally every person I saw today told me that it was "****ing hot".

Are they the same people who complain when it gets cold?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 03:53:33 »

Well that would also be everyone, so I have to say yes.

To be fair though, it gets really ****ing cold here.  Just ask dustin.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 04:28:30 »

:))

Melbourne gets down to just under 0C overnight in winter, and occasionally reaches 40C in summer (with the highest I have experienced being 46C).

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 04:34:14 »

Nothing better than heat, especially here in Perth were it's the best place to live if you're cold blooded  ;D .  The older I get the more I love the heat, winter just slows everything down but summer is perfect for the whole environment.

Just want those sweat-dripping down your face days to come back.  I miss them already, hate winter always have, always will.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 04:40:43 »

:))

Melbourne gets down to just under 0C overnight in winter, and occasionally reaches 40C in summer (with the highest I have experienced being 46C).

Hahaha, 0C would be so warm in the winter!  :P  We had a few -40 days this past winter, as you may have heard.  :|  That's a bit beyond my comfort zone.

Also, holy ****.  40C would be so ungodly hot.  I would die.  Unless it's a dry heat, which I am not familiar with.  It was 84F here today (29C), which is about as hot as I can go before I want to die. 

Just want those sweat-dripping down your face days to come back.  I miss them already, hate winter always have, always will.

That's just gross - why would you want that?  I never understand people who enjoy sweating.  :P

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 04:50:42 »
That's just gross - why would you want that?  I never understand people who enjoy sweating.  :p

Because it aint hot till you start sweating like a pig  :thumb: .

Always loved the dry heat more than anything, the way the giant furnace crosses the sky burning everything on the ground.  That's why I love my job in the summer because everything becomes clear and simple when you work in that environment.

I always find something more in the desert than any other place on earth.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 11:34:46 »
Yuck. I get uncomfortable when it gets higher than like 25... and I'm not even a big fat person. Perpetually wishing I could afford to move somewhere like San Francisco or Lisbon where it's nearly always nice.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 11:45:04 »
Yuck. I get uncomfortable when it gets higher than like 25... and I'm not even a big fat person. Perpetually wishing I could afford to move somewhere like San Francisco or Lisbon where it's nearly always nice.

I was years ago in San Francisco in April and i really like the weather - about 20°C all the time, maybe sometimes hotter, windy, it must be perfect there! I always envy people from California. Maybe the south is too hot. All these fires.

Best weather is 20°C / 68°F with sunshine, some clouds, no wind. Best weather is when you can choose between short on long trousers, and never have to sweat.

Nice thing here: i have winter, summer, spring and fall in all it's beauty and crappiness.
... ...

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 11:46:52 »
CLiB: Overcast, 17.3 °C. Humidity 64%. Wind from the ESE at 2.7 km/h. (Sat, 31 May 2014 12:44:49 -0400)
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 20:30:23 »
Yuck. I get uncomfortable when it gets higher than like 25... and I'm not even a big fat person.

Skinny people sweat as well, just in case you didn't know that  :thumb: .  Out in the desert the fat literally melts off you so if you arrived 20 kgs over weight, in 6 months time you'll leave 40kgs lighter.

Offline iri

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 01:41:57 »
in lisbon it can easily get over 25.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 08:58:57 »
+27, 82% humidity.

Иван Иваныч, pls don't move here :))

-Ray Bradbury

Offline D01

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 09:07:02 »
Currently 52F (11C) and 66% humidity.  Will be 95F (35C) and about 30% humidity for the high later today.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 09:21:32 »
CLiB: Clear, 26.7 °C. Humidity 57%. Wind from the WNW at 0 km/h. (Tue, 03 Jun 2014 10:12:22 -0400)
tp thread is tp thread

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 09:24:05 »
... yeah it's ok
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 01:36:04 »
8°C
Feels Like: 4°

so, 24 degrees range for june's day temperatures. i love this place.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 08:54:00 »
Wish I was at iri's! It's supposed to be 33c today  :'(

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 08:57:50 »
HOT
tp thread is tp thread

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 09:13:38 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 19:12:43 »
Today top of 13°C.  Partly cloudy.  Cool :cool:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 19:33:48 »
Wish I was at iri's! It's supposed to be 33c today  :'(

Gross.  I've only heard bad things about Iowa summers.  I bet they're pretty similar to what we've got, but still - that's no good.

Offline iri

« Reply #140 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 01:50:20 »
the climate of the east part of the states is harsh. a giant plain prone to both cold winds from the arctic and warm (bringing high humidity) winds from the caribbean. and tornadoes and stuff.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline thelittle0ne

• (~ ̄▽ ̄)~
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 02:34:49 »
that is so cold! maybe because im so used to nice warm weather
I love cupcakes!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 06:14:41 »
that is so cold! maybe because im so used to nice warm weather

Heh it gets to the low 40C here in summer - warm enough for you? :p

Today was one of those days where lunch time comes around and its still only 11 or so degrees.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 07:10:46 »
RAIN
tp thread is tp thread

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:02:05 »
the climate of the east part of the states is harsh. a giant plain prone to both cold winds from the arctic and warm (bringing high humidity) winds from the caribbean. and tornadoes and stuff.

The plains are largely in the midwest.  The eastern US is known (at least in my mind) as being fairly mountainous. 

Offline iri

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 01:17:19 »

The plains are largely in the midwest.  The eastern US is known (at least in my mind) as being fairly mountainous.
http://www.freeworldmaps.net/northamerica/united-states/map.html

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 17:59:46 »

Exactly.  Great plains are in the western midwest and eastern west.  :P

Offline iri

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 18:15:01 »

Exactly.  Great plains are in the western midwest and eastern west.  :P
besides those, there are some not so great plains :P

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 01:41:29 »
Today was one of those days where lunch time comes around and its still only 11 or so degrees.

Last night's shift the temp dropped to minus 2 here in the desert, bloody cold and you still have to empty transmissions, sumps and gears, without bumping your fingers/knuckles or hand.

Of course it's dead quiet at night with no living things flying around the huge lights hence it's not that terrible.

Can't wait for Summer to arrive, hate being cold despite wearing two jumpers and a thick jacket (need to get me some thermal underwear).

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 13:22:23 »
Nice and sunny out today near my workplace.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS