Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783622 times)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: <SPRiT Model 1,2,3> = R1(73% Shipped) = R2 (Order OPEN)
« Reply #2600 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 16:33:28 »
Just plugged it in to my laptop and I think the computer thinks it's a mouse because when it's plugged in the mouse is not working at all.

A button and space are unresponsive. The rest seen to work. Might be faulty switches?

Resolder the unresponsive switches - faulty switches are unlikely. Not sure why your mouse doesn't work, try a reboot?

Could someone kindly explain the MOQ on the order form. I want to purchase the items to make a complete 60% keyboard w/ case. Is that MOQ for the group buy or individual? Thank You

Clearly every person who wants to join the GB needs to purchase at least 100 PCBs :P
Edit: Since you're new here, sorry for joking. At least 100 overall orders for the PCBs for example are needed to get to the MOQ and for you to get a PCB.

Tried resoldering both switches. no go :/
Will try and change them out and see if that helps.
Mouse works at login screen but stops working once I login.

Make sure the diodes are not on backwards for those switches.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #2601 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 17:04:11 »
Yeah if you look they are already flipped. Just want to make sure. Don't want to break nothing 😜

So Hard to break Any Parts  in the PCB  *   :thumb:
No Worry,   Dear  !   ;)       

Diodes are Very Very Strong,  against Swedish Swords  !!  >:D
and Extra pieces of diodes are always included for Your PCBs. 
;) 

* if Not ,  You can ...um... punch me !!  (Edit)
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 July 2014, 17:19:04 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #2602 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 17:15:43 »
Diodes were upside down..
It's been a long couple of days..
No Problem at all  !!    :thumb:   
Try again!   (unplug all the other keyboards may better )   ;)

Offline bakteria

Re: <SPRiT Model 1,2,3> = R1(74% Shipped) = R2 (Order OPEN)
« Reply #2603 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 18:11:34 »
Everything seems to be running smooth now. I LUV THE FEELS!

One question though. I would really like to swap left win with FN key. I tried riotonthebay´s hardware remapping guide but I am unable to move FN to left win. Even if I clear the left win mapping its still there after save and bootup.
Any tips on getting this done?

Also, are there any plans on extending the led modes? I am really fond of the mode on ducky where you press a button and it stay lit for a short amount of time. Also the one where you press a key and it trickles to the sides.
SS 7G black - Pure red - poker blue (MKC Tray)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2604 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 18:30:45 »

How to Update the Firmware and KeyMap?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.msg1256970#msg1256970        http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58945.0 

It's up to GH members to improve more Fun LED modes!      Officially it has 5 kinds of LED modes now. 
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 July 2014, 10:01:31 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2605 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 18:33:47 »
Everything seems to be running smooth now. I LUV THE FEELS!    >>   :thumb:

One question though. I would really like to swap left win with FN key. I tried riotonthebay´s hardware remapping guide but I am unable to move FN to left win. Even if I clear the left win mapping its still there after save and bootup.
Any tips on getting this done? >>  How to Update the Firmware and KeyMap    :thumb:

Also, are there any plans on extending the led modes? I am really fond of the mode on ducky where you press a button and it stay lit for a short amount of time. Also the one where you press a key and it trickles to the sides.  >>  It's up to GH members to improve more Fun LED modes!    :thumb:    Officially it has 5 LED modes now.  ;)
72800-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 July 2014, 19:01:14 by sprit »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: &lt;SPRiT Model 1,2,3&gt; = R1(74% Shipped) = R2 (Order OPEN)
« Reply #2606 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 19:04:56 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.msg1256970#msg1256970   

It's up to GH members to improve more Fun LED modes!      Officially it has 5 kinds of LED modes now. 

I was unaware I was able to contribute additional led modes. Do you have any details for how I would do that?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 5 modes would be: off, on, breathing, off with key presses increasing brightness, on with key presses decreasing brightness.

Also there is something like 5-6 different brightness settings (didn't count).

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2607 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 19:12:51 »

I was unaware I was able to contribute additional led modes. Do you have any details for how I would do that?
Correct me if I am wrong, but the 5 modes would be: off, on, breathing, off with key presses increasing brightness, on with key presses decreasing brightness.
Dear Sir!    ;)
There is Firmware source on      http://winkeyless.kr/17      https://github.com/showjean/ps2avrU     :thumb:
It's  for the members !    and the PCB designand the other Softwares are private. (need proper permissions and licences for use)   
* Illegal Piracy will be punished by millions of key punches by the Members !  >:D   
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 July 2014, 21:57:13 by sprit »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2608 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 20:54:01 »

Dear Sir!    ;)
There is open Firmware source on      http://winkeyless.kr/17      https://github.com/showjean/ps2avrU     :thumb:
It's Free Open Source Firmware for the members !    and the PCB designand the other Softwares are private. (need proper permissions and licences for use)   
* Illegal Piracy will be punished by millions of key punches of the members !  >:D

Sweet, thanks for the link.  I will have to clone the repos and play with them a bit to see what I can come up with.  :)

Offline echo0

Re: <SPRiT Model 1,2,3> = R1(76% Shipped) = R2 (Order OPEN)
« Reply #2609 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 21:26:55 »
Invoice received and paid.  Thanks...   :D

Offline Lubed Up Slug

« Reply #2610 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 00:20:21 »
Where are the holes located on the 60% pcb for the screws?

Offline WannaBeOCer

« Reply #2611 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 01:20:40 »
Just want to double check before I place an order for the 87% PCB. What is currently soldered onto the board? I assume I have to solder diodes and resistors for the LEDs? Also are there other pictures for the 87% metal cases and are there any metal plates that fit in this case?

Offline bakteria

« Reply #2612 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 04:40:03 »

Dear Sir!    ;)
There is Firmware source on      http://winkeyless.kr/17      https://github.com/showjean/ps2avrU     :thumb:
It's  for the members !    and the PCB designand the other Softwares are private. (need proper permissions and licences for use)   
* Illegal Piracy will be punished by millions of key punches by the Members !  >:D   

I have been fiddling with the keymap software all morning but am unable to exchange location of WIN key with FN. I can move the FN key to the standard WIN key location but unable to get WIN key working on FN location. Even after remapping it acts as if the FN key is still there.
If I understand correctly LGui is the left WIN key.

I wish I had the know how to fiddle with the led modes..  :'(
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 July 2014, 05:40:31 by bakteria »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2613 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 05:43:34 »

Hello ! Dear Bakteria !   ;)
I am doing Updating the Firmware and Testing on my PCBs.   
L-Win to L-Ctrl works OK?  For me OK.   and I will Test  L-Win to FN on many PCBs  !  :thumb:
LED mode Toggle =  FN + Caps  toggle (press)   =  mode 1 >  mode 2  >  mode 3 >  mode 4 >  mode 5    ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:06:50 by sprit »

Offline bakteria

« Reply #2614 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 05:57:39 »

I have been fiddling with the keymap software all morning but am unable to exchange location of WIN key with FN.   I can move the FN key to the standard WIN key location but unable to get WIN key working on FN location. Even after remapping it acts as if the FN key is still there.
I Wish I had the know how to fiddle with the led modes..  :'(
L-Win to L-Ctrl works OK?  For me OK.   and I will Test  L-Win to FN on many PCBs  !  :thumb:
LED mode Toggle =  FN + Caps  toggle (press)   =  mode 1 >  mode 2  >  mode 3 >  mode 4 >  mode 5    ;)

Will give that a go! FN probobly hardwired or something because with the led mode that makes the leds light up when you press buttons FN button does not make it light up.

Another quick question. (yeah I know, there are many  :p) I have a transparent case incoming and I'm thinking about putting leds on the sides. How would you go about doing that? might be hard though with plate and everything already mounted.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2615 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:00:38 »

1 min    ;)
and did You got refund for the Shipping cost saved? 
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:06:39 by sprit »

Offline bakteria

« Reply #2616 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:03:49 »

I have been fiddling with the keymap software all morning but am unable to exchange location of WIN key with FN.   I can move the FN key to the standard WIN key location but unable to get WIN key working on FN location. Even after remapping it acts as if the FN key is still there.
I Wish I had the know how to fiddle with the led modes..  :'(

Will give that a go! FN probobly hardwired or something because with the led mode that makes the leds light up when you press buttons FN button does not make it light up.

Another quick question. (yeah I know, there are many  :p ) I have a transparent case incoming and I'm thinking about putting leds on the sides. How would you go about doing that? might be hard though with plate and everything already mounted.
1 min    ;)
and did You got refund for the Shipping cost saved? 

Win key to Rctrl worked fine :D

Yes, just checked my paypal. Thank you!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2617 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:13:38 »

BTW,  55g  or, 62g Springs for MX Clear Ergo?   ;)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2618 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:15:50 »

LED   -   Side & Bottom   

* LED - Side & Bottom .mp4 (4380.8 kB - downloaded 80 times.)       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi_EB9buB44 

Just double wire, and solder LEDs !   :  Hope this a good answer   ;)   
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:55:16 by sprit »

Offline bakteria

« Reply #2619 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:20:43 »

55g  :D And I put a mx black with 62g on space and a 62g on clear capslock. Such feelz!  :))

LED   -   Side & Bottom   

(Attachment Link)   (Attachment Link)   (Attachment Link)

Looks awesome! Did you parallel the leds underneath? (Two leds in same holes) or did you use the leftover holes from the universal keys?

Offline bakteria

« Reply #2620 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:23:27 »

55g  :D And I put a mx black with 62g on space and a 62g on clear capslock. Such feelz!  :))

Would also like to add that it sounds excellent on that acrylic plate. The only problem I have is that a few keys arent aligned 100% straight. But I don't really think its the plate's fault. Will have to try and do some minor adjustments. Its a pain to desolder though  :-[

LED   -   Side & Bottom   

(Attachment Link)   (Attachment Link)   (Attachment Link)

Looks awesome! Did you parallel the leds underneath? (Two leds in same holes) or did you use the leftover holes from the universal keys?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2621 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:24:53 »
Shy to say, but I love my 55g ~ 68g very much    :-[    ;) 

Yes!  parallel (double) wired (soldered) !         V = IR ,    P= VI ,   E = VIt 

Yes!  Perfect alignment for Switches needs Time and Love,  I guess   ;)
(Not the Plate's fault!  I've done samplings and assemblies a Lot.   No problem !)    :thumb:

You don't need to desolder  both the Two pins of MX SW.   Just desolder one pin, then try to melt another a little bit and twist it to align.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:39:51 by sprit »

Offline bakteria

« Reply #2622 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:37:11 »
Yes!  parallel (double) wired (soldered) !         V = IR ,    P= VI ,   E = VIt 

Not really sure what  V = IR ,    P= VI ,   E = VIt  means, but I'll give it ago later this afternoon.
Will also try to align some of the switches for looks.

Just a shame that I have to wait a month for my TEX frosted acrylic case to arrive. Kind of wish I ordered a acrylic case from you  :'(

Offline TLExile

« Reply #2623 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 12:06:08 »

Not really sure what  V = IR ,    P= VI ,   E = VIt  means, but I'll give it ago later this afternoon.

Just a shame that I have to wait a month for my TEX frosted acrylic case to arrive. Kind of wish I ordered a acrylic case from you  :'(

Those are equations for Voltage, Power and Energy  :p
I'm also in the same boat as you, come September were going to have a sweet keyboard. Too bad i can't flash TMK onto this board... i'm going to miss my FN lock

Offline bakteria

« Reply #2624 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 12:12:44 »

Those are equations for Voltage, Power and Energy  :p
I'm also in the same boat as you, come September were going to have a sweet keyboard. Too bad i can't flash TMK onto this board... i'm going to miss my FN lock

I'm hopeful though. Updates to the FW coming in regularly.

Offline shrapneL

« Reply #2625 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:41:38 »
Hey Sprit, I sent you an e-mail about my order from the first round. Please reply when you get a chance!
hello.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2626 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:44:36 »
Hey Sprit, I sent you an e-mail about my order from the first round. Please reply when you get a chance!
hello shrapneL   ;)
OK !  I got several PMs not answered!
Sorry for delay ! 

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2627 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 21:11:11 »
Several PMs  (less than 10)  Not answered yet. :o

I need to figure out How to answer properly.

So Sorry for that !!    ;)

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #2628 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:05:19 »
Any guide to choosing springs?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2629 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:25:28 »
Any guide to choosing springs?

Here's a direct quote from Sprit:
* Springs Compared    v 1.1 
High-glossy (v1.1), very minor variation version.  Basically same spec with v1.0
I try to follow the Cherry Original Specs and GH Standard.      ;)
But as we know, some Cherry Original springs have some variances, even in the same switches.

So I have compared all the samples I got, and compared with my References.   * (Needs to be compared by people)
For my 50g ~75g  version, I tried to add some softer touch.  (They start slightly softer and mellow than stock ones, hopely.)

My 50g   is a little bit softer and lighter than MX Red (~55g)
My 55g   is slightly softer and lighter than MX Brown, MX Blue (58g~60g)
My 60g   is similar to MX Blue, but has some more tightness, hopely !
My 62g   is slightly heavier than MX Blue
My 65g   is soft but quite heavier than MX Blue
My 68g-70g   is similar to some Vintage MX Blacks (Soft & Cushiony)
My 75g   is similar to the most current MX Blacks standard
My 78g   is Soft MX Clear Edition, slightly softer & lighter than MX Clear, and same cushiony too.
My 85g   is similar to MX Clear.   v1.0 has a little bit tough start,  v1.1 will be very similar to Vintage Clear.
My 100g   is similar to MX Grey nonclicky in MX Clear Keyboards
My 120g-135g    Super-heavy!

* My References
-  MX Blues      :    Vintage G80-1000, G80-3000 Blue, Dolch MX blue, New MX blue Switches.     
-  MX Browns   :    Compaq 1838, 11800, Cherry 8200, 8113, 8955HPDUS, Reuters Switches.     
-  MX Blacks     :    Cherry NCR G80-0528, G80-0879, G80-0904, 1000HAD, 1501HAD, 1800HAG, 2551HAD, G80-11900, Deck TG3
-  MX Clears    :    Cherry G80-8113, G80-9009HAU Reuters, G80-1800,  New MX Clear SWs, etc
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline chel-

« Reply #2630 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 13:57:12 »
Is R2 open, like the thread title says or is it closed, as was posted a few pages back? Also is anyone offering assembly services for North America?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2631 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 14:00:12 »
Is R2 open, like the thread title says or is it closed, as was posted a few pages back? Also is anyone offering assembly services for North America?

I think Sifo offers assembly services. He's located in Canada. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: &lt;SPRiT Model 1,2,3&gt; = R1(76% Shipped) = R2 (Order OPEN)
« Reply #2632 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 14:04:34 »

It is still open. We need people to buy 75%s and above. 60s have hit MOQ.

Offline chel-

« Reply #2633 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 14:16:55 »

Thank you both. From what I understand from the OP, us in NA order from Zeal and everyone else orders with the Google form?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2634 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 14:33:32 »

Thank you both. From what I understand from the OP, us in NA order from Zeal and everyone else orders with the Google form?

Yes/No. I'm only taking orders for 60% case / 60% DIY Keyboard kits. Those that want DHL delivery can order through me as well. I may also end up sending EU/AU orders, depending if my discounted shipping proposal is approved.

Offline chel-

« Reply #2635 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 15:14:04 »

Yes/No. I'm only taking orders for 60% case / 60% DIY Keyboard kits. Those that want DHL delivery can order through me as well. I may also end up sending EU/AU orders, depending if my discounted shipping proposal is approved.

Thanks. YGPM.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2636 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 11:36:14 »
The order form requires that I buy a 60% case? I only need 1 A.87 PCB.

If anyone CONUS wants to combine orders, please let me know!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2637 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 12:12:31 »
Don't worry you can buy only pcb. If you can not submit the form just put a . or a * in the field.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2638 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 12:20:43 »
Don't worry you can buy only pcb. If you can not submit the form just put a . or a * in the field.

Except this part you have to check one:

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2639 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 12:58:23 »
Above that section you have a section where it asks you if you want a case or not, choose no. If it still does not work just select an option and put the comment that you don't want one, and also PM sprit and it will be OK ;)
For me it worked :D
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2640 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 13:03:39 »
Above that section you have a section where it asks you if you want a case or not, choose no. If it still does not work just select an option and put the comment that you don't want one, and also PM sprit and it will be OK ;)
Weird okay, yeah still not working for some reason. PMing Sprit!

Thanks for trying to help though. :]

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2641 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 13:30:04 »

I think you have to specify a quantity of cases you want. Just put zero. I am going from memory.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2642 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 17:41:23 »
Sorry if its been answerd and I've missed it. But some questions.

Will the acrylic plate and PCB fit on other 60% cases? 

When does this GB end?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2643 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 19:17:19 »
Sorry if its been answerd and I've missed it. But some questions.

Will the acrylic plate and PCB fit on other 60% cases? 

When does this GB end?

Yes, they'll fit all custom 60% cases on the market, since they're all modeled after the Poker layout.

-   60%  Model 2, 3  supports   :   Face U, W,  GH60, most 60% Custom PCBs,  Poker I, II, pure.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2644 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 21:31:09 »

Hello~  !   Edited  :thumb:

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2645 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 22:17:02 »
Hello~  !   Edited  :thumb:

Thank you sprit! I submitted an order :]

Edit: Just invoiced and paid! So fast.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 August 2014, 22:50:09 by Lastpilot »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2646 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 22:51:00 »
My build log has new pictures of my 75% if you are interested...

Offline poog

« Reply #2647 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 23:28:09 »
hey sprit, i sent you a pm. if you didn't get it i can just send again :thumb:

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2648 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 21:24:06 »
hey sprit, i sent you a pm. if you didn't get it i can just send again :thumb:
OK!   I will answer that!

Sorry for the Delay!   ;)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2649 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 20:32:18 »
So as I understand the order still open right? I had lots of family business lately so I didnt make payment in time of deadline :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again