Author Topic: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper  (Read 922340 times)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 17:30:33 »
I believe you have to get the USB dongle to flash the bootloader using the serial link.  This is quite typical for these microcontrollers.  Once that bootloader is programmed, you can reflash the device with USB.  (The ATmega32U4 that I use comes with Atmel's USB bootloader pre-installed)

From what I understand, there are two possible bootloaders.  PS2avrU and Aikon.  They are not compatible.  As far as I can tell, there isn't really a standard.  There also isn't really a standard way to get these things into the bootloader once they are programmed.  Holding Q does not work on my board.

This makes it a very difficult landscape to navigate while trying to support it with my integrated tool.  How am I supposed to support all those boards with all those options?  This is why their tools are so difficult to use.  My claim to fame is being easy.  That's stretched as far as possible with requiring Flip.  How do I get noobs to determine which PCB version  they have inside their board?  How do I get them to figure out which bootloader they have?

The A87 and MX mini (and some others) seem to be fairly open platforms, so I'm sure I could get it working with enough time and access to boards, but how do I support it?

Offline Igthorn

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 17:47:58 »
From looking at that firmware download, they are using HIDBootFlash.exe and bootloadhid.exe.  HIDBootFlash is a gui flasher capable of loading firmware to devices using the bootloadhid and avrusbboot bootloaders.  And bootloadhid is well, bootloadhid.  So it's safe to say they are using bootloadhid for the bootloader.  You can download the firmware and compare it to the officially released binaries.

http://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/bootloadhid.html
http://vusb.wikidot.com/project:hidbootflash

Code: [Select]
; Generated by WIN-SFV32 v1 (compatible; RapidCRC http://rapidcrc.sourceforge.net )
;
bootloadHID.exe E63BBE76
bootloadHID.exe.aikon E63BBE76
bootloadHID.exe.ps2avru E63BBE76
HIDBootFlash.exe 3808C633
HIDBootFlash.exe.aikon 3808C633
HIDBootFlash.exe.ps2avru 3808C633
<file> is from officially released binaries
<file>.aikon is from ps2avrU_V1.7_for_aikon_140630.zip
<file>.ps2avru is from ps2avrU_firmware_V1.7_140630.zip

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #402 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 20:31:36 »
I believe you have to get the USB dongle to flash the bootloader using the serial link.  This is quite typical for these microcontrollers.  Once that bootloader is programmed, you can reflash the device with USB.  (The ATmega32U4 that I use comes with Atmel's USB bootloader pre-installed)

From what I understand, there are two possible bootloaders.  PS2avrU and Aikon.  They are not compatible.  As far as I can tell, there isn't really a standard.  There also isn't really a standard way to get these things into the bootloader once they are programmed.  Holding Q does not work on my board.

This makes it a very difficult landscape to navigate while trying to support it with my integrated tool.  How am I supposed to support all those boards with all those options?  This is why their tools are so difficult to use.  My claim to fame is being easy.  That's stretched as far as possible with requiring Flip.  How do I get noobs to determine which PCB version  they have inside their board?  How do I get them to figure out which bootloader they have?

The A87 and MX mini (and some others) seem to be fairly open platforms, so I'm sure I could get it working with enough time and access to boards, but how do I support it?

As a developer, I understand everything you are saying. It is very hard to design and develop for all the different options and still remain easy too use. I am not going to pretend this is easy, cause it's not.

Keep in mind that any support in your tool is better than what they have to work with today. I don't think support beyond best effort is expected.

I found working with their tool difficult at best and I was not brave enough to try any fancy layouts.  Just a few basic changes.

How much of the option set do you need to code for to have a 'working' firmware? I think backlighting would just be out to start with. Try to keep it simply to the matrix and control leds.
Have you been working on the modularity of your code as you add new keyboards and layouts? All these potential options do make it difficult to reuse portions of the code base and still have a sane control flow.

Feel free to pm me if you want to bounce around ideas.

Offline xSpartanCx

« Reply #403 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 16:39:03 »
Hey, I'd like to request a feature.
For the BL_Dimmer, could there be a way to set specific values to dim it to? On my phantom I've been trying to get the scroll lock LEDs to be less blinding without resoldering the resistors and the dimmer doesn't change the brightness much.

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #404 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 16:53:22 »
-watching this thread!-

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #405 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 01:01:36 »
Thanks a lot for this! It only took me 20minutes to figure out from scratch how to program my techkeys card!  :thumb:  :D

Offline Ound

« Reply #406 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 23:34:11 »
Hmm, there is an option to Volume Down/Volume Up and Mute for Default "Playback" device. Would it be possible to create new scancodes for "Record" device like microphone, ability to mute at least.
If that's possible at all, without much hassle and compatibility issues ( as in, would it work on Linux/Mac too ? )
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 August 2014, 23:36:19 by Ound »

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #407 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 23:47:31 »
Would it be possible to create new scancodes for "Record" device like microphone, ability to mute at least.

"create new scancodes" is outside the scope of the program 'Qaz is maintaining. If it's not in the HID protocol now, it's not likely to get shoehorned in.

I can't say as to whether I've ever seen any keyboard with a "record" button, so honestly I'm guessing you're going to need custom software of some variety, and tell it to listen for a combo of your choosing ... ^@+ perhaps. At which point you can create a macro to send that whole sequence of course.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #408 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 00:07:56 »
what program are you using where you leave the microphone open the whole time and it does not support native keyboard shortcuts for mic mute?
I use push to talk in everything.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 00:40:44 »
I just picked up a new 20140521 revision of the Frosty Flake controller for the CM QFR. However, it doesn't look like the "CM Storm QFR (Frosty Flake)" profile in Easy AVR works with this new revision.

It looks like bpiphany's firmware for this controller now has two separate flags for the Flake: flake_20130602 and flake_20140521. I tried both; only the 20140521 works. It looks like the changes are all contained in this commit.

Would it be possible to add support for the new Flake revision, please? Or are there any workarounds I could try in the meantime? Thanks!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #410 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 06:24:33 »
I just picked up a new 20140521 revision of the Frosty Flake controller for the CM QFR. However, it doesn't look like the "CM Storm QFR (Frosty Flake)" profile in Easy AVR works with this new revision.

It looks like bpiphany's firmware for this controller now has two separate flags for the Flake: flake_20130602 and flake_20140521. I tried both; only the 20140521 works. It looks like the changes are all contained in this commit.

Would it be possible to add support for the new Flake revision, please? Or are there any workarounds I could try in the meantime? Thanks!

Ah yes, I remember when the new controller came out, I wanted to support it, but I didn't know what the new hardware looked like.  If he has committed updates to his software, I can just copy those changes.  Should be able to add support easily.  I'll take a look at it tonight

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #411 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:33:42 »

Ah yes, I remember when the new controller came out, I wanted to support it, but I didn't know what the new hardware looked like.  If he has committed updates to his software, I can just copy those changes.  Should be able to add support easily.  I'll take a look at it tonight

That would be awesome! Thank you!  :thumb:

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #412 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:35:29 »
I already PM'd you the build.  If it works, I will release it.

Offline tedk84

« Reply #413 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 07:53:13 »
hi :)
i just bought my pegasus hoof (filco mj2 tkl), and it works great... but...

its a german layout, and some of the keys wont work.

(the ones with the green circle)
As you see, you have to press alt gr + 2,3,7,8,9, or 0 to get them.
@,µ,Ђ,\ (alt gr + q, e, ...) do work. I have read the thread, but no solutions for it. Any ideas?
Tried the iso (88) and ansi (87) layout, but doesnt seem to help - also tried the beta and release, same result.

Thanks in advance and for the great tool!

dennis

EDIT: MY FAULT - its the virtual num lock thingy - took me some time to get it :) works fine now!

« Last Edit: Mon, 18 August 2014, 08:15:44 by tedk84 »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #414 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 11:04:27 »
Crap I thought I removed that virtual num lock being on by default....
Glad it works for you, though!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #415 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 14:25:19 »
Can I use this to reprogram my Faceu Replica board?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #416 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 14:58:10 »

please see Reply #392

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #417 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 15:06:08 »

please see Reply #392
Okay, thanks. Should have read the thread first. :Facepalm:

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #418 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 16:21:37 »

please see Reply #392
Okay, thanks. Should have read the thread first. :Facepalm:

no problem. I was just trying to help point you in the direction. :D

Offline The feel is of the keys!

• Click
« Reply #419 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 22:57:14 »
Ummm... don't use the new beta version just yet... I'm pretty sure I built it wrong.  New update tomorrow.  Sorry.

Alright all that has been fixed.  I've tried it on my Epsilon, Qazpad, Phantom, HID Liberation Device, KMAC, and Rosewill.  If I don't hear of any bugs, I will move today's beta version to Release.

I was wondering do you have to have the Black Petal controller to remap the Rosewill, or will the stock one also work?
Also great job on the program! Made setting up my JD40 a breeze and headache free!  :thumb:

Also would you be able to do the TechKeys business card?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 12:09:41 »
I was wondering do you have to have the Black Petal controller to remap the Rosewill, or will the stock one also work?
Also great job on the program! Made setting up my JD40 a breeze and headache free!  :thumb:

You must have a black petal controller.  The original equipment that comes with the Rosewill is not reprogrammable.

The techkeys card is already supported.

Offline The feel is of the keys!

• Click
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 13:33:00 »

You must have a black petal controller.  The original equipment that comes with the Rosewill is not reprogrammable.

The techkeys card is already supported.
Ah thanks. I'll have to order a black petal then.
Also I found the techkeys. I had the non-beta version which was why I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 15:01:14 »
Just downloaded and used the software and I have to say it's perfectly intuitive and worked great. I used it on a Filco TKL with HID Liberation and loaded the hex file with FLIP. Nice work metalliqaz, and thanks for putting this out there for everyone to use.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #423 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:15:49 »
New beta with Frosty Flake V2 support and initial GH36 support.

Special thanks to super-bro Arcoril for testing all my builds for me while I blundered through debugging via trial and error!

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #424 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:19:55 »
Just wanted to give a huge thank you to metalliqaz for all his work in adding support for the QFR Frosty Flake v2! Everything works great and I'm really excited to have a fully programmable board now.

Edit: No, thank you, metalliqaz! I know you're super busy and I appreciate the hell out of all your help.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #425 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:31:53 »
Any chance of getting lightsaver support?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #426 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:47:48 »

Yes there is.  It's almost supported already, because it is so similar to KMAC and Orion.  All I'd need is a volunteer to do the testing, because I don't own that hardware.

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 00:32:35 »
Feature request: Support for the USB HID F13 - F24 scan codes.

No software requires them that I've encountered, and AutoHotkey looks like it can read those scan codes so they would be perfect as "safe" hotkeys that couldn't accidentally interfere with anything else. They would also would be great for the GH-122 that samwikekoi is working on if there are any plans for supporting that board.

Another thing. I notice that my keyboard appears as an "Epsilon Keyboard" under Windows. I'm wondering if it's at all feasible to have the name be user configurable?
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 08:51:08 »

Very early in the project I pruned the number of available scancodes to those available on an ANSI or ISO keyboard because there was just too much clutter.  There is no technical reason they weren't included, just aesthetic.

No software requires them that I've encountered, and AutoHotkey looks like it can read those scan codes so they would be perfect as "safe" hotkeys that couldn't accidentally interfere with anything else. They would also would be great for the GH-122 that samwikekoi is working on if there are any plans for supporting that board.

That's a really good point about hotkeys, I'll add this feature.

Another thing. I notice that my keyboard appears as an "Epsilon Keyboard" under Windows. I'm wondering if it's at all feasible to have the name be user configurable?

Finally someone notices.  The software began as a dedicated firmware for my Epsilon project.  It outgrew that role when I added support for other keyboards.  While this was happening, I never updated the USB ident data to say anything other than "Epsilon Keyboard".  I was going to change it to say something descriptive for each type of hardware, but I stopped myself because if I change that string everyone already using the software would suddenly have their keyboard redetected.   On my Windows 7 laptop, it screwed up and I had to go into the device manager to remove the old device before it would work again.  It is technically possible to make that user configurable, but I don't see that as particularly valuable to justify adding complexity to the interface.  If I did anything, I think it would be hard-coded descriptive names.  The fact that it might cause a flood of support issues tipped the scales against the idea.

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #429 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 09:46:24 »

Very early in the project I pruned the number of available scancodes to those available on an ANSI or ISO keyboard because there was just too much clutter.  There is no technical reason they weren't included, just aesthetic.

That's a really good point about hotkeys, I'll add this feature.

Finally someone notices.  The software began as a dedicated firmware for my Epsilon project.  It outgrew that role when I added support for other keyboards.  While this was happening, I never updated the USB ident data to say anything other than "Epsilon Keyboard".  I was going to change it to say something descriptive for each type of hardware, but I stopped myself because if I change that string everyone already using the software would suddenly have their keyboard redetected.   On my Windows 7 laptop, it screwed up and I had to go into the device manager to remove the old device before it would work again.  It is technically possible to make that user configurable, but I don't see that as particularly valuable to justify adding complexity to the interface.  If I did anything, I think it would be hard-coded descriptive names.  The fact that it might cause a flood of support issues tipped the scales against the idea.

Awesome. Can't wait for it.

If changing the name could cause problems then I agree it should probably be left as is. It's actually pretty cool as Epsilon come to think of it. It's the only felt visible mark that a keyboard is using your tool/firmware. I like it.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 09:49:11 »
Personally, I would like my Filco to show up as a Filco.  Maybe I'll take another look at it when I have time.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #431 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 16:46:13 »
I have access to a Lightsaver that can be used for testing if you're still looking for a volunteer.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #432 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 17:11:00 »
I have access to a Lightsaver that can be used for testing if you're still looking for a volunteer.

Nice!  Challenge accepted.

Step 1: Have you programmed a custom firmware on to your board?  If not, make sure you can do so before we start.  I want you to be able to go back to a known-good configuration if any of my builds don't work.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #433 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 10:38:25 »

Yes there is.  It's almost supported already, because it is so similar to KMAC and Orion.  All I'd need is a volunteer to do the testing, because I don't own that hardware.
I have a lightsaver V1 and am happy to test, just send me the .hex or other file(s)

Step 1: Have you programmed a custom firmware on to your board?  If not, make sure you can do so before we start.  I want you to be able to go back to a known-good configuration if any of my builds don't work.
Currently using 02d's firmware and was using a build of duck's firmware before that.

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #434 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 13:10:18 »
Is there any way to use едц?

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #435 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 13:16:04 »
It's been discussed before ... a few pages back, I think.

The software itself doesn't display the localized characters, it displays the US characters. But the scancodes for those characters are interpreted by the OS anyway so they're there, you just have to find out what your keyboard is sending when you type that.

One solution might be, if you're in windows, add 'US' as an input language, set notepad to accept input as US, and type all of the printable characters. Those are what you want to set this software to send for a given key, to send the character you want.

Unless you're using ALT-#num combos, in which case ... maybe you want to save a few macros for doing that for you ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 August 2014, 13:17:59 by AKmalamute »

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #436 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 13:35:11 »
It's been discussed before ... a few pages back, I think.

The software itself doesn't display the localized characters, it displays the US characters. But the scancodes for those characters are interpreted by the OS anyway so they're there, you just have to find out what your keyboard is sending when you type that.

One solution might be, if you're in windows, add 'US' as an input language, set notepad to accept input as US, and type all of the printable characters. Those are what you want to set this software to send for a given key, to send the character you want.

Unless you're using ALT-#num combos, in which case ... maybe you want to save a few macros for doing that for you ;)
Awesome! thanks! well then i will get a JD40 keybaord and have a FN with едц! :D

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #437 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 13:56:29 »
can you remapp as many times you can on a keyboard? (JD40)

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #438 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 16:03:50 »

I'm not sure I understand the question?

The teensy that holds the firmware (thus the keymap) has a limited number of write/erase cycles, but that's not affected by what source you get your firmware from.

I believe most firmwares support 32 "layers" but macros often take up a function, thus a layer, each of their own.

As to using those layers, again earlier in I do believe this thread, I ask about switching between layers by holding & releasing keys (two FN buttons, lower layers define the other fn() key to be a lower layer yet) and 'Qaz said it should work but just try it and report back (still never made more than a second layer but if that 42% dvorak board goes public...)

Does any of this help any? If you still have question ... try asking them again using different words...?

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #439 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 17:34:10 »

I'm not sure I understand the question?

The teensy that holds the firmware (thus the keymap) has a limited number of write/erase cycles, but that's not affected by what source you get your firmware from.

I believe most firmwares support 32 "layers" but macros often take up a function, thus a layer, each of their own.

As to using those layers, again earlier in I do believe this thread, I ask about switching between layers by holding & releasing keys (two FN buttons, lower layers define the other fn() key to be a lower layer yet) and 'Qaz said it should work but just try it and report back (still never made more than a second layer but if that 42% dvorak board goes public...)

Does any of this help any? If you still have question ... try asking them again using different words...?
Thank you for your help! what i mean is if i can program my keyboard more than one time?
"The teensy that holds the firmware (thus the keymap) has a limited number of write/erase cycles"
i think this is the answer of my question.
How many times is that?

Offline Igthorn

« Reply #440 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 17:40:48 »
http://www.atmel.com/Images/Atmel-7766-8-bit-AVR-ATmega16U4-32U4_Summary.pdf
Write/Erase Cycles: 10,000 Flash/100,000 EEPROM

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #441 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 17:42:55 »
Quote from: AKmalamute
The teensy that holds the firmware (thus the keymap) has a limited number of write/erase cycles
How many times is that?

It varies, and is dependent on varies I'm not privy to, but I've heard numbers varying everywhere from 1,000 to 100,000 cycles.

And you can always read from them ... it's just that that kind of non-volatile memory stop accepting write commands, sector by sector, after awhile. It's why some SSD hard drives disable themselves after a couple of years' runtime (though I guess they stopped doing that because even those SSDs can be used for five straight years normally without serious troubles).

Uh, like what igthorn just said.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #442 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 17:52:58 »
http://www.atmel.com/Images/Atmel-7766-8-bit-AVR-ATmega16U4-32U4_Summary.pdf
Write/Erase Cycles: 10,000 Flash/100,000 EEPROM

Quote from: AKmalamute
The teensy that holds the firmware (thus the keymap) has a limited number of write/erase cycles
How many times is that?

It varies, and is dependent on varies I'm not privy to, but I've heard numbers varying everywhere from 1,000 to 100,000 cycles.

And you can always read from them ... it's just that that kind of non-volatile memory stop accepting write commands, sector by sector, after awhile. It's why some SSD hard drives disable themselves after a couple of years' runtime (though I guess they stopped doing that because even those SSDs can be used for five straight years normally without serious troubles).

Uh, like what igthorn just said.
Awesome thank you! Now i just need to make a perfect layout for my JD40 that i just bought! Need to read alot about this program! :) :thumb:

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #443 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 20:25:22 »
You can reprogram as many times as you want.  I've reprogrammed my Epsilon literally hundreds of times.  The Flash write-cycle limit is way out in never-never land.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #444 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 20:28:00 »
I have a lightsaver V1 and am happy to test, just send me the .hex or other file(s)

I'll probably come up with a binary this weekend.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #445 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 22:36:15 »

I'll probably come up with a binary this weekend.

No rush, but I'll try it right away and give feedback.

I'm going on vacation around then, so I might not be able to do it. I'll make sure to bring the KB and a USB cable, and hopefully we'll have internet.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #446 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 00:03:51 »

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  Yes, the Lightsaver I have is currently running TMK.  Should I try the latest beta?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #447 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 05:59:34 »
It isn't created yet.

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 06:02:59 »
You can reprogram as many times as you want.  I've reprogrammed my Epsilon literally hundreds of times.  The Flash write-cycle limit is way out in never-never land.
Awesome! :D
Saw that JD40 isn't tested yet. Do you think it will be safe to use this program with it? :)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #449 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 06:16:27 »
Sure its safe.  If it doesn't work, you just hit the reset switch and program the old code on to it.  It probably works though. I think someone tried it