Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2682572 times)

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
Re: Brobot Therapy
« Reply #2400 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 01:02:58 »

Thanks man :) It's from a series of portraits of celebrities as 18th/19th century gentlemen. The ones I have used as my avatar on here so far have been Bill Murray, JCVD and Leo Di Caprio. There are others in there as well like Jeff Goldblum, Will I Am and Morgan Freeman. It's a really cool series of photos.

I love Grim Fandango as well, I like yours and Manny's, I was honestly thinking of getting his face tattooed on me as part of a sleeve or soemthing.

Well, if you can find V1s really easily, then how about throwing some my way? ;) But I know what you mean about the shape. V2s fit very well with the rest of the keys (depending on profile of course) and the V1s can almost hide away if you have keys that are close together.

That being said, I think the design and the detail of the V1s are fantastic.

Completely missed your response before. Yeah, I agree with the V1 and the V2, I like how the V2 is a more raised keycap kind of similar to a normal OEM profile key, and how it remains a large flat surface that actually functions well as a key.

I love Grim Fandango, it still is one of my favorite games of all time. I have also seriously thought about a Grim Fandango tattoo, and might still get one. Though for my first tattoo, I opted for something else instead. Saw a cool one the other day
More

Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2401 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 03:54:23 »
This is the last time I have participated, I give up... I only wanted one, the see it on my keyboard and enjoy it. This whole system of dibbs, raffle, pray to gods, sacrifice a goat seems too complicated for an old fart like me. I love this man's work, the details, the way the colors are combined is just beyond awesome, so I will continue to enjoy the photos from behind my computer and feel happy for the guys who won  :thumb:
Maybe one day some magic will happen...

If you are on the forums, you are bound to run into a few sales, why not participate if you clearly want one?

Yes, it could take some time before you can finally get some of those novelty keycaps that are in extremely high demand. But what is the rush anyway? The pursuit is half the fun, in the sense that it makes it that much more satisfying and rewarding once you obtain one. There are many people in your shoes. The RNG gods favor no one. Or I should say, they favor people randomly  :)) . It could be that starting next sale, you will be a winner every time, and those who have been lucky up until now will not win anything for a long time.

What I am trying to say is that much like rolling a dice, poor luck on previous attempts does not mean you will be equally unlucky in the future. Additionally, it is unlikely that you will never win anything if you keep participating in every sale (which really is not a lot of work, just set the sales threads to notify you, done). In fact, participating in all those sales is the only way to get a reasonable chance to get a few of these keycaps. If you see people on here with collections of keycaps, sure some people got lucky, and sure some people traded things to get them. But more often than not, these are people who have been participating in every single sale for a long time.

You are right, and under normal circumstances I would think the same way. But for reasons I'd rather not disclose my decision is final regarding the nice BB's :)
I have and I will participate in other artisan caps sales with great pleasure  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2402 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 04:27:12 »
You are right, and under normal circumstances I would think the same way. But for reasons I'd rather not disclose my decision is final regarding the nice BB's :)
I have and I will participate in other artisan caps sales with great pleasure  :thumb:

Well, that is up to you of course. Just wanted to tell you not to get demotivated. Good luck in future sales.

Offline feizor

« Reply #2403 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 09:03:01 »
This is the last time I have participated, I give up... I only wanted one, the see it on my keyboard and enjoy it. This whole system of dibbs, raffle, pray to gods, sacrifice a goat seems too complicated for an old fart like me. I love this man's work, the details, the way the colors are combined is just beyond awesome, so I will continue to enjoy the photos from behind my computer and feel happy for the guys who won  :thumb:
Maybe one day some magic will happen...

First entry, first failure. The pain is real :'(

Patience, childe, patience.

You are but new members, fresh from the reality of fulfilled expectations.

Wait until you have been here for a year and missed out on a dozen sales - complain then :p

Until that time, remember that many more than you, some of whom have been here for several years, also did not succeed.

There are so many different Bro Caps that there is very little hope, for anyone, to collect them all.

Heed BunnyLake's words, and keep watch for the next sale, specially aimed at those who did not succeed on this occasion.

Wise words! I've have participated in every sale since February and have not yet got in any. Going forward, might have a bit more luck with the new CtrlAlt raffle system than I did with the emails... certainly not this time.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #2404 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 21:08:34 »
:eek:

... ...

Offline osman99

• follow the smoke to the riff filled land
« Reply #2405 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 21:11:03 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator

Offline osman99

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2408 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:29:48 »

Show Image

Sweet  :)

Now if I can only get lucky enough to get some this time.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Lingj

« Reply #2409 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:31:16 »

Show Image

Oh god gray color scheme. Yesssssss

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #2410 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:45:12 »
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #2411 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:54:34 »

Show Image

Ooo, I would really like a grey brobot!
RETIRED

Offline Belfong

Brobot Therapy
« Reply #2412 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 23:06:09 »
ORANGEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Edit: JACK O LATERN NNNNNNN!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 August 2014, 23:07:49 by Belfong »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2413 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 23:09:44 »
I wonder if it's going to be a fall set?

Fall is my favorite time of year.  My birthday is in Sept.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #2414 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 23:46:26 »

Show Image

Halloween or GH colors?

GH V2? :eek:
GH Reaper? :eek:
GH Ribbit? :eek:

Offline cheesedgrate

« Reply #2415 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 01:30:22 »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2416 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 01:35:09 »
Get hype!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline JaydrVernanda

« Reply #2417 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 01:36:30 »
i love how an ambiguous image of some shapes drives us into a frenzy.

Offline Distilled

« Reply #2418 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 01:46:08 »

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #2419 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 01:56:31 »
GH colours incoming, yes Bro!  :thumb: :thumb: I need a GH V2 so bad.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2420 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 01:58:33 »
I hope one of the bots has orange as a base, black face, grey eye...
and of course a GH colour - black base, grey face, orange eye.......
and a .....

man, I should not get the hopes too high!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2421 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 06:32:33 »
Have I missed something?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline osman99

« Reply #2422 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 06:33:21 »

Have I missed something?
Why yes, yes you have , may I redirect your attention to the upcoming sales category on bros official sale page

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2423 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 06:53:27 »

Have I missed something?
Why yes, yes you have , may I redirect your attention to the upcoming sales category on bros official sale page

Aha!

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2424 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 07:34:05 »

Show Image

Halloween or GH colors?

GH V2? :eek:
GH Reaper? :eek:
GH Ribbit? :eek:

I'm hoping for some GH themed keys! The GH Reaper is an amazing key.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Xike

« Reply #2425 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 08:52:34 »
Get hype.

So much hype.
Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Red)    KBC Poker II (Cherry MX Clear)

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2426 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 09:27:57 »
That would be a pretty cool color scheme. I like it because I like all the things associated with it. For me, the orange black and grey are colors associated with all kinds of retro.

It is a pretty cool contrast to all the flashy bro's that were recently released. Something perhaps a little more understated and that works well with various old school keysets with a similar vibe.

I think grey base, orange face, black eyes would be amazing  :eek:. In fact, any combination that includes the grey and orange would be awesome.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 August 2014, 09:32:08 by Grim Fandango »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2427 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:02:34 »
giff geekhack triangle frog
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #2428 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:54:07 »

Show Image

this for my skidata please :D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2429 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:20:55 »
oh god i didn't even think of skidata

im using a skidata set right now

damn
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2432 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 18:16:53 »
bbq?

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2433 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 18:22:15 »
Amazing how fast everyone switched from the toxic hype right to the next one XD

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2434 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 19:37:02 »
Amazing how fast everyone switched from the toxic hype right to the next one XD

Still on the toxic hype train as the sorry you missed out sale has not been announced, and the other special event for the toxic group buy that has been relatively forgotten  now as well (really hope something is still planned)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #2435 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 20:29:36 »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #2436 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 20:34:13 »

Show Image

Its gonna get Halloweird

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2437 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 21:19:46 »
Halloween during summer. :))
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #2438 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 01:10:20 »

What summer?! Lol! Hardly had one this year in Ontario :( Already September next week!
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2439 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 01:14:17 »
 :eek: I want some Hack themed BBs!
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2440 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 01:22:02 »

Its just about fall time here. I thought I was the only one getting ready for Halloween. (Candy Corn CC and Orange colored BROs are on my boards) Eating Candy Corn as well.
Then I see these colors! So I am not alone.. Thank you bro for hyping me.  :cool: I wait all year for Halloween to come back.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2441 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 02:27:34 »
I need to try out Candy corn one day! Ha ha! Is this something served all year long or only during Halloween, as what I gather from Dustin's post above.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2442 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 02:56:14 »
I need to try out Candy corn one day! Ha ha! Is this something served all year long or only during Halloween, as what I gather from Dustin's post above.

August is when I start seeing it forsale.  :)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2443 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 03:02:55 »

August is when I start seeing it forsale.  :)

Amazon sells almost anything  :)

I didn't even know Jelly Belly made candy corn.

http://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Belly-Gift-Gourmet-Candy/dp/B00AYGEFAQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1408780835&sr=8-9&keywords=candy+corn
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2444 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 08:36:08 »
Cool, looks like the GH skull and similar are going to be in a sale! :) GL to those who enter! :)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2445 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 08:54:39 »
GH Brobot - Orange Eyes, Black face, Gray head.

Yup.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #2446 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 09:36:28 »
GH Brobot - Orange Eyes, Black face, Gray head.

Yup.

Orange eyes for sure but gray and orange go together so nicely, we need a gray face and black head   :thumb:
 :p

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #2447 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 11:41:16 »
My v2's prefer pepsi

sell out and eat ass

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2448 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 11:45:46 »