Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2686802 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #2800 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 12:04:08 »
So is there a "Sorry you got left out Bro" Sale happening at some point? I thought there was supposed to be one after the toxic sale but maybe Bro and Bunny are bundling the last two sales together and holding one for them?

Or maybe I am just telling myself this because this is Brocap therapy.

AFAIK this was the pre-everything sale. There's probably gonna be 1-2 sales next month.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2801 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 20:27:21 »
Bro took out the orange grey sale from his official sale thread. What's happening??

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2802 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 20:32:32 »

Bro took out the orange grey sale from his official sale thread. What's happening??

A sign of the apocalypse, me thinks.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2803 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 20:39:17 »

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2804 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 20:50:22 »
AFAIK this was the pre-everything sale. There's probably gonna be 1-2 sales next month.

I got the impression that the name of the sale, Mashup, came from the fact the GH themed keys got wrapped into the same sale as the Galactus themed keys. As a result, I'm willing to bet that there won't be any more sales with those specific colorways in the near future (except for the possible "Missed out" sale).

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Alex92

« Reply #2805 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 20:54:24 »
I got the impression that the name of the sale, Mashup, came from the fact the GH themed keys got wrapped into the same sale as the Galactus themed keys. As a result, I'm willing to bet that there won't be any more sales with those specific colorways in the near future (except for the possible "Missed out" sale).

This is what I had assumed as well

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2806 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 21:08:07 »
Well, when the Mashup sale was happening, the orange-grey theme was still put up as "Upcoming sales"..

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #2807 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 21:08:13 »
Damn, missed out on another one.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2808 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 17:32:10 »
Is this new? I saw it in margo's signature.

https://ctrlalt.io/ontheclock
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2809 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 18:02:04 »

I think it was there since the last sale ended.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2810 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 18:02:08 »

Nope, known about this since before the toxic sale
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2811 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 18:02:47 »

It's different now though.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2812 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 18:09:02 »

It's different now though.

Oh...missed that. Thanks!  :thumb:
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2813 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 19:46:27 »
that's dissapointing

i think i need to look at people's signatures more

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2814 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 21:52:36 »
Is it me or is there a dearth of bro caps photos from the Toxic and Mashup sales? I don't remember ever seeing a Virulent shot. That's one beautiful cap.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2815 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 21:56:49 »
Is it me or is there a dearth of bro caps photos from the Toxic and Mashup sales? I don't remember ever seeing a Virulent shot. That's one beautiful cap.

I think I posted the Noxious Ribbit I got but there definitely hasn't been a lot of pics. Still waiting on my mashup keys to arrive. Can't wait to see that Slurple!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2816 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:00:35 »
It's like ever since we have the raffles systems, the caps just disappeared from Geekhack. No photos, no lusting over... I'm a sad panda.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2817 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:21:03 »
I totally agree. I hope it's not that people subscribe to a few key threads about sales announcements and don't really participate in the community.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2818 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:29:06 »
I totally agree. I hope it's not that people subscribe to a few key threads about sales announcements and don't really participate in the community.

Unfortunately this is a huge problem for GH, I can think of at least 5 users that only ever show up when there is a Clack sale on. Fortunately Clack and Bro Caps have started allowing less time between the announcement and sales lately, this seems to have reduced the problem somewhat.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2819 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:34:48 »
If Bro shipped the caps yesterday and it's two-day...hopefully I'll get 'em tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.  I only have a potato but I'll spam some pics in this thread for sure.  I can't wait for that Galactus fn set...

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2820 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:37:02 »
There are more pictures in Classifieds than the media threads nowadays. :(
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2821 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:48:27 »
Just checked my tracking and it hasn't been updated. :(  Please USPS, please.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2822 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:51:02 »

Unfortunately this is a huge problem for GH, I can think of at least 5 users that only ever show up when there is a Clack sale on. Fortunately Clack and Bro Caps have started allowing less time between the announcement and sales lately, this seems to have reduced the problem somewhat.

Ya.. and these are the ones who probably ***** about 'favouritism' or 'elite group'... sigh!
Yes, I am bitter for the RND gods not favouring me, ha ha ha!!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2823 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 17:42:02 »
Nothing for me Again this last sale.

I'm starting to get a little sad.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2824 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 17:57:39 »

Same...especially since there was so much that matched all of my color schemes in the last one  :'(

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2825 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 18:04:07 »

Same...especially since there was so much that matched all of my color schemes in the last one  :'(

I haven't won anything the past 5 or 6 sales  :(   I hope I'm not banned for something I have no knowledge of.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #2826 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 18:25:18 »
Thank you for the therapy, I'll see you guys again on V3

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2827 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 18:29:38 »
I didn't participate only cause the ribbits colorway weren't my type.
still hunting for that perfect ribbit !
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2828 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 19:09:42 »
Halloween sale is going to be brutal when I miss out again  :))
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2829 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:03:38 »

I admire your restraint ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2830 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:04:53 »

triangle frog or golden toad?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2831 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:06:26 »

I'm still hoping for a black and red ribbit or a pink one. :eek:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2832 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:09:51 »

pink would be pretty good too...

hmmmm

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2833 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:48:09 »
I'm on the hunt for that Bro Purple MX to compliment the Bro set. Known anyone who doesn't like his/hers?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2834 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:09:21 »

Yellow with black eyes would be nice.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2835 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:41:31 »
I'm on the hunt for that Bro Purple MX to compliment the Bro set. Known anyone who doesn't like his/hers?

I got one in the sale, it has yet to arrive though. I also sold my last cherry mx board while I  order a HHKB. I am torn on if I should keep it and my Bro Set, or let them both go.. I am thinking of waiting until I get my smallfry board..

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2836 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 01:55:30 »
Well byker, you never know that one day you might want to go back to Cherry .... Opps blasphemy!! Ha ha!! Hey but if you change your mind regariding the Purple Brobot, let me know!!

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #2837 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 05:38:04 »

This one?

Bro Purple V2 - MX
**SNIP*** RIP old image hosting

Is it a color match for the Bro Set?
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2019, 23:01:43 by infiniti »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2838 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 05:47:40 »

This one?

Bro Purple V2 - MX
Show Image

Yes! This one. I asked BunnyLake if it matches and he gave an affirmative. Do you have it infiniti?

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #2839 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 05:56:56 »

This one?

Bro Purple V2 - MX

Yes! This one. I asked BunnyLake if it matches and he gave an affirmative. Do you have it infiniti?

Nope. :'( I wish I had it though...need it for the 11900:

The fauxluminum purple is beautiful by my OCD is kicking in. :))
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2019, 23:01:33 by infiniti »

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #2840 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 11:34:06 »
I missed the sale by 10 days. 10 DAYS :( Guess I need to look into the Bro sub more.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2841 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 12:42:49 »

This one?

Bro Purple V2 - MX
Show Image

Show Image

holy **** that keyboard is amazing

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2842 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 13:40:27 »
Uhh, tracking says that my bros got delivered but I just checked the mailbox and they are definitely not here.

What do?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2843 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 13:41:41 »
Uhh, tracking says that my bros got delivered but I just checked the mailbox and they are definitely not here.

What do?

Wait a day. Sometimes they show up the following day.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2844 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 13:43:39 »

What do?

Weird...usually it's the other way around for me...shipping will say they're still in chicago, and when I get home, they're in my mailbox.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2845 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 13:45:59 »
I just ordered some stuff the other week from amazon.  It shipped from two different sellers.  I recieved shipping notifications via email about 4 days apart.  I wasn't keeping an eye on them and I just decided to check on them one day and the one said it has been delivered on Tuesday.  It was Friday when I checked.  Both packages were in the box that day.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Gh05tx

« Reply #2846 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 14:06:12 »

What do?
Its possible they delivered to the wrong house. You could ask your neighbors.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2847 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 14:24:27 »
Alright, I'll give it a day or two and if it hasn't shown up by then I'll ask around. Thanks guys.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2848 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 02:57:17 »

This one?

Bro Purple V2 - MX

Show Image

Close enough! :p That's one smexy keyboard you've got, mang :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2019, 23:10:59 by infiniti »
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #2849 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 18:56:10 »
Therapy time  :(