Author Topic: 60% boards and HHKB bag.  (Read 1359 times)

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
60% boards and HHKB bag.
« on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 23:10:45 »
Hi, recently as of late I have sort of noticed there are some trends of people migrating into TKL and 60% boards. I started out of pure curiousity, roughly measuring my HHKB bag (which obviously houses only HHKB JP as that is the only 60% board I have) and ponder if others have tried doing something similar. That is to use HHKB bag but to carry a different brand of 60% board.

Crudely speaking, the HHKB bag could easily fit the dimensions of a 60% board that is 15 key caps long by 6 key caps wide. Again I am merely taking measurements with my HHKB JP inside the bag. I could probably dish out something like a caliper and measure it but realistically it maybe able to fit 60% boards of other brands within the same bag. For instance looking at the photos of Poker II I could see that it should be able to fit into HHKB bag but of course that is just my rough guess.

Has anyone tried something similar? I mean this may not be simply restricted to just HHKB bag, there is/was a modified guitar box to house a HHKB as well. In any case I would be somewhat interested to see photos of differently branded 60% boards within I say HHKB bag or maybe that Bird Electron box. (maybe no other 60% board manufacturer have not really bothered making any fancy accessories for their keyboards hehe).
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: 60% boards and HHKB bag.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 23:33:51 »
I've used my Happy Hacking case to carry Pokers, Pures, GH60 prototypes, in stock plastic, acrylic, and aluminum cases. Works great for any 60% keyboard!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 00:10:32 »
I've used my Happy Hacking case to carry Pokers, Pures, GH60 prototypes, in stock plastic, acrylic, and aluminum cases. Works great for any 60% keyboard!

Thanks for your reply!, I was sort of thinking that not too many people may have tried the idea because of the pricing for just the bag alone seems restrictive.

The name is ironically funny, for HHKB bag to feature the words "Happy Hacking" on the blue tag seems to sort of tell people another side of the story that they may not know about. That is they probably only know it is a HHKB bag and maybe is only for HHKB but in reality the bag could house many more 60% boards at that. Not only that but custom keyboards that large manufacturers usually cannot pump out as well.
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 00:15:55 »

Thanks for your reply!, I was sort of thinking that not too many people may have tried the idea because of the pricing for just the bag alone seems restrictive.

The name is ironically funny, for HHKB bag to feature the words "Happy Hacking" on the blue tag seems to sort of tell people another side of the story that they may not know about. That is they probably only know it is a HHKB bag and maybe is only for HHKB but in reality the bag could house many more 60% boards at that. Not only that but custom keyboards that large manufacturers usually cannot pump out as well.

And not many people carry their keyboards around

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 01:12:36 »

And not many people carry their keyboards around

Hehe true, but 60% board tends to give one such an option I guess. I also read that some people carry their 60% boards to and from work. Of course that does not mean they need a separate flashy bag just for it but I was curiously seeing what sort of other 60% boards ends up in there.

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。