Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 375196 times)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:28:29 »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:31:48 »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:32:56 »
well i guess part of the cat is out the bag
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline frvrngn

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:33:20 »
I really want my first CC and had I not seen this thread I would never had known if one bought was a fake.  I just never thought of somebody faking a CC in the first place!  At least now the community is aware of the problem and knows the steps to avoid the issue (with clear bottom photos among other things).  That should keep most safe for now from buying or trading for one.
Currently using: Cherry G80-1800 Ergo Clears, HHKB Pro 2, RF 87U Silent

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:33:36 »
So this is maybe not a good deal?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51135.msg1124187#msg1124187
Saw those over at KBDmania, I think that's one of them :p

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:35:32 »

Oh man this is getting really juicy...

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:36:27 »
Since I've been here, CC's have gone from unsold and completely in-stock at EK... to being counterfeited... craziness

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:39:22 »
I really want my first CC and had I not seen this thread I would never had known if one bought was a fake.  I just never thought of somebody faking a CC in the first place!  At least now the community is aware of the problem and knows the steps to avoid the issue (with clear bottom photos among other things).  That should keep most safe for now from buying or trading for one.

I'm more surprised it's taken this long to happen.

Is michael bolton singing?

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:47:47 »
We've gone from gelly to sooo juicy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:51:26 »
So what about those other 'rare' clacks that were posted the other day?? Are those legit??

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg1133026#msg1133026

Seeing as how CC has listed in his Head Up thread "(TBA) Rot Pack sale", they have the ring of legitimacy.

I just really hope that CC doesn't give up making these and offering them to the GH community.  I have only one skull, and the detail in something that small still amazes me.  I have it on my HHKB which I use every day - I couldn't imagine putting it anywhere else.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:59:28 »
Just don't forget about the OG real Korean click clacks. (not mine don't smite me)

We've come a long way

I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:00:32 »
I'll start by saying I in no way support fakes being sold as the real deal. That being said, props where props are due for craftsmanship on the fakes. I don't have one to compare directly to the real thing, and I'm sure there would be noticeable differences, but from the pics it looks like the duper did a pretty good job. A wasted talent if you ask me, with the tools used to create those fakes he could've made something unique.

This is getting interesting, sucks I have to leave the house today  :-\

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:01:01 »
Just don't forget about the OG real Korean click clacks. (not mine don't smite me)

We've come a long way

Show Image

wtf?

looks like clacks after a kmiller high temperature experiment

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:01:23 »
I'll start by saying I in no way support fakes being sold as the real deal. That being said, props where props are due for craftsmanship on the fakes. I don't have one to compare directly to the real thing, and I'm sure there would be noticeable differences, but from the pics it looks like the duper did a pretty good job. A wasted talent if you ask me, with the tools used to create those fakes he could've made something unique.

dont be so sure the maker isnt making something themselves also
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:02:30 »

We think we know who made them.  Lets just say they have some other business ventures...

Bunny got it first haha...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:03:33 »

I'm positive they are, and the fakes show their capability for replication at the very least.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:03:57 »

mightn't that be somewhat of a knockoff also? If they will copy one thing, maybe they will copy others
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:03:57 »
 :eek: who? 

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:04:35 »
Is there any chance of legal action? Even if CC couldn't do anything to the people who are making them (assuming these are from overseas) isn't there something that could be done, legally?

doub it....

Unless they are from China were copyright law barely exists, CC should be able too... its more if he can afford too

Under US Copyright and Trademark Laws, CC can sue anybody that makes fake Clacks for copyright infringement and collect money damages, and he can get an injunction barring future sales, and he can get a warrant to confiscate any fake merchandise located within the United States.   However, in this situation, Click Clack would have a very hard time finding out whom he should sue, and where they live and/or operate.  Copyright and trademark enforcement litigation works very well when trying to combat fake Gucci purses and fake Rolex watches being sold in stores in Chinatown, NYC (and sometimes in Barney's and Bergdorf's too).  However, it will be nigh impossible for CC to sue the unknown manufacturers of these fake Clacks, and to confiscate their counterfeit Clacks, since they are most likely located outside of the USA. 

Maybe CC will mass-produce them himself, add a maker's mark, and then drop the price. Then at least he's ruined the copyright infringer's market.

Click Clack has already put a maker's mark on all of his Clacks.  The problem is that once the market price of a translucent Clack went to $400, counterfeiters had a great incentive to enter the market with fake Clacks.  Now we have this problem:  Click Clack himself is getting only $25 for a new Clack, while the infringers are getting $400.  It is obvious that Click Clack is currently making as many Clacks as he can, given his current amount of resources.  The answer is not to flood the market with cheap authentic Clacks, since that is simply not feasible from a production standpoint.  The real answer is that Click Clack should start charging much higher prices to capture more of available the market price.  That way, CC can invest more money in making new Clacks, and ultimately bring the price back down through economies of scale.  I know that profit-making is anathema to CC, but CC if you're reading this, taking profits now is the best way to fight back against counterfeit goods.  It may seem counter-intuitive, especially coming from a quasi-Marxist like me, but it really is the best course of action. 

So this is maybe not a good deal?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51135.msg1124187#msg1124187

I guess we have to ask every seller to show the back of the Clack from now on.  Also, please refuse to buy fake Clacks.  Everybody is a free-actor here, but really you shouldn't buy the fakes, it rewards bad behavior.  And it's you the buyer who are ultimately getting ripped off, as I'm sure the quality is not the same as a real Clack.  [also you are ripping off CC, but that goes without saying.]  Anyway, copyright infringement is theft.  There is no excusing it.

My Last Comment:  Please be careful with the anti-Korean and anti-Asian comments.  I know you guys don't mean to be racist, but it comes out sounding pretty racist.  This is not a problem of ethnicity or national origin, it's a problem of capitalism and globalism, and the anonymity afforded by international internet connectivity, and TBH, plain old criminal behavior.  The cheaters can operate internationally, but the good guys can only use legal remedies that are effective within the US borders.  Outside of the US (and some treaty partner countries), those legal remedies are virtually worthless.

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:04:41 »

I'm positive they are, and the fakes show their capibility for replication at the very least. Could even be someone who's already a vendor here....

such end-game items

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:05:29 »

I can attest to the time and investment a lot of us individuals have put into this. And now, this has caused me to have to push back my release date to work on solutions to prevent this happening with
my own products. CC is just a regular dude like any of us, and puts a lot of time and effort in creating a great product that people will enjoy. It has taken me the better part of 1 year to really get my product
in a place I feel comfortable releasing. I put in countless days, weeks, months into this, and for someone to come along and take your work is just pitiful.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:06:32 »
can you get a copyright on your designs?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:07:04 »

I'm positive they are, and the fakes show their capibility for replication at the very least. Could even be someone who's already a vendor here....

such end-game items

Show Image

This wasn't his end game item you twat.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:07:51 »

copyrights mean nothing in most other countries. meaning - they are free to copy things and profit from them without recourse of legal action.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:08:40 »

such end-game items

Show Image

What are you on about, kid? I was talking about end-game items in general. I don't know specific individuals' end-game items. Quit getting butthurt over comments not meant to offend anyone specifically.

Furthermore, my mind = blown gif was towards the fact the fakes could be coming from a vendor here
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:12:55 by keymaster »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:09:35 »

In the US, anything you "publish" is already copyrighted. You just have to assert the right.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:12:41 »

In the US, anything you "publish" is already copyrighted. You just have to assert the right.

Well, you also have to police your copyright and trademark through expensive litigation to avoid dilution.  See, the case of Starbucks v. Charbucks, http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2013/11/charbucks_beats_back_starbucks.html
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:12:56 »

such end-game items

Show Image

had to ask a dictionary what a twat is. --> learned new word today. :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:14:35 »

copyrights mean nothing in most other countries. meaning - they are free to copy things and profit from them without recourse of legal action.

And if the original artist wanted to take action, it could be very expensive and might not end up with a satisfactory conclusion.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:15:42 »

I can attest to the time and investment a lot of us individuals have put into this. And now, this has caused me to have to push back my release date to work on solutions to prevent this happening with
my own products. CC is just a regular dude like any of us, and puts a lot of time and effort in creating a great product that people will enjoy. It has taken me the better part of 1 year to really get my product
in a place I feel comfortable releasing. I put in countless days, weeks, months into this, and for someone to come along and take your work is just pitiful.

What was the brobot v1 molded off of? I still love the new designs, but let's be real here.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:17:25 »

such end-game items

Show Image

had to ask a dictionary what a twat is. --> learned new word today. :D

Twat is one of my very favorite words

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:21:21 »
how many people just pulled the clack off their board and checked the back?  :eek:

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:22:59 »

What was the brobot v1 molded off of? I still love the new designs, but let's be real here.

Be real about what? It's no secret about V1. But you seem to be undermining the work put into the craft. I learned, grew and matured and moved on. Lessons learned and moved forward. Maybe you should, too.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:28:46 »

Be real about what? It's no secret about V1. But you seem to be undermining the work put into the craft. I learned, grew and matured and moved on. Lessons learned and moved forward. Maybe you should, too.

Are the current v2 brobots hand made or are you fabricating caps that were originally made from a 3d printer?

I don't know what I'd be moving on from, I just find your comments to be a little hypocritical. You can't pretend that you didn't copy someone else's hard work, profit from it, then act like it didn't happen by posting in this thread.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:31:15 »

Are the current v2 brobots hand made or are you fabricating caps that were originally made from a 3d printer?

I don't know what I'd be moving on from, I just find your comments to be a little hypocritical. You can't pretend that you didn't copy someone else's hard work, profit from it, then act like it didn't happen by posting in this thread.
He made his own design and put alot of efford into it, apart from this whom just copied ccs design. Blaming bro is like saying CC cant make his ccs cause he took the design from keycaps
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:34:40 »

I'm curious, how do you think the 3d printer knew what to print?  Perhaps magic? 

Also, TIL CC can copy Skeletor/Darth Vader but bro bots can't copy transformers.

Also, when did you become the arbiter of what makes a proper positive mold?
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:38:15 by tjcaustin »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:37:30 »

If you really believe that computer generated art isn't an acceptable form of art, then you're quite an ignorant person. I used an existing design with V1 to learn how to create caps. More of the process than anything else. Did I get
paid for the work I put into creating custom molds, colors, etc? Yes. Do I feel bad about it? I feel it was a learning experience, and I wasn't looking to cheat anyone. Because a lot of work was put into molds, colors, money and time.

Now that I feel comfortable making my own designs, that's exactly what they will be. My own. And no, V2 wasn't orginally made from a 3D printer. I had metal molds made. Expensive ones, at that. The same kind of molds they use to
create all the toys you see out there. Do you undermine that work as well? I think your ignorance just might run that deep. I do have some versions of my cap that are made in different mediums - 3D printing, Metal pouring and plastic
pouring.

But since this is a top regarding clacks, let's keep it on topic and you can open a new thread since you feel the need to bash me.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:40:13 »

If you really believe that computer generated art isn't an acceptable form of art, then you're quite an ignorant person. I used an existing design with V1 to learn how to create caps. More of the process than anything else. Did I get
paid for the work I put into creating custom molds, colors, etc? Yes. Do I feel bad about it? I feel it was a learning experience, and I wasn't looking to cheat anyone. Because a lot of work was put into molds, colors, money and time.

Now that I feel comfortable making my own designs, that's exactly what they will be. My own. And no, V2 wasn't orginally made from a 3D printer. I had metal molds made. Expensive ones, at that. The same kind of molds they use to
create all the toys you see out there. Do you undermine that work as well? I think your ignorance just might run that deep. I do have some versions of my cap that are made in different mediums - 3D printing, Metal pouring and plastic
pouring.

But since this is a top regarding clacks, let's keep it on topic and you can open a new thread since you feel the need to bash me.

Listen, I'm sorry I derailed the thread. And as I said before I like the new work.  But you can't post in a thread saying coping is bad when you yourself copied someone else's work and profited off if it. Hopefully you can see the hypocrisy in that.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:44:42 »
I flipped my red trans over and wtf is this ****!?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:45:06 »

pouring.

Listen, I'm sorry I derailed the thread. And as I said before I like the new work.  But you can't post in a thread saying coping is bad when you yourself copied someone else's work and profited off if it. Hopefully you can see the hypocrisy in that.

That's a fair point, but the fact is there are plenty of different ways 'copying' can be conceived. Such as taking an original work, recreating that work exactly and using the same artists name to do so. I guess using things in the exact same medium
or not is a topic for debate. They were different mediums, and completely different uses. But again - as I said, learn and grow. So I can still make a comment regarding this topic using that knowledge. If I were to pretend that never happened, then
yes, you have a valid point.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:48:28 »

Show Image

Another fake?

Damn!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:49:39 »

Show Image

Another fake?

Damn!

Nah, just kidding.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:50:18 »

Show Image

Another fake?

Damn!

Nah, just kidding.

Show Image

The one with the CF mark is clearly photoshopped in
I love Elzy

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:51:34 »
Sorry Bro, I was bit fueled in my 2nd response post. I don't think there's any doubting the amount of time and effort spent making these. It's truly awesome work. And I'm very impressed with the new designs. PS. my son loves transformers and thinks the v1 caps are boss :)

Show Image

Now that is interesting. LOL photoshop edit.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:54:30 »

Show Image

Another fake?

Damn!

Nah, just kidding.

Show Image

The one with the CF mark is clearly photoshopped in

Now we can't even trust photos of the bottoms.

We're only left with one option:
The only way to avoid any of this is to ban clickclack/Clack Factory, as well as any pictures or discussion of the items.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:55:03 »
This is so disheartening
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 16:02:09 »
I'm sure there are 2 different keys there :3 One with round corners and one with sharp, or am I missing something ?  :rolleyes:
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 16:05:41 »
I'm sure there are 2 different keys there :3 One with round corners and one with sharp, or am I missing something ?  :rolleyes:
A yeah, it is called photoshop :D

Moose clearly edited the photos to show that we can't be save purchasing CCs anymore even if they show us pic of the bottom.
What the hell am I even doing

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 16:08:30 »
this is why we should have stopped inflated clack prices earlier.

now the people faking them will also fake his sig in addition to photoshop