Author Topic: Kishsaver Club  (Read 342762 times)

Offline sleepy916

Re: Kishsaver Club
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 21:09:11 »
I am just about done with all the sanding on the case. There are small imperfections but trying to get a brush aluminum look will have those. Now to try to get a clear coat on bare metal. I hope it works!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 21:09:59 »
I am just about done with all the sanding on the case. There are small imperfections but trying to get a brush aluminum look will have those. Now to try to get a clear coat on bare metal. I hope it works!

Show Image

**** this is gonna look awesome!  :eek:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 22:06:08 »
Got around to start working on my xwhatsit controller swap. Just gotta say, desoldering that ribbon cable is easy but very nerve wracking at the same time. I can't tell if I'm actually super nervous about working on such a special keyboard or if this is my normal level of nerves. I'll post a little build log when it's finished. I got the old PCB off tonight. Also if anyone was wondering, a 1/4" socket driver fits the two bolts holding in the PCB.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/Ż
    • Mashby
« Reply #303 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 10:33:10 »

Show Image

Looks fantastic sleepy!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 14:20:07 »

Show Image

Looks pretty darn good.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline wcass

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 19:02:05 »
Ok, I am probably going to throw in an order to unicomp in the next few days to get keycaps for this thing. I am converting it to a standard layout and I was wondering, how many little stabilizer inserts am I going to need in total?

I am ordering the following items, tell me if I am grabbing the right stuff.

101 Pearl/Pebble Set
Large Pearl Spacebar
2 Unprinted Pebble 1x Keys

Show Image

There are two types of inserts; "horizontal" (for backspace, ANSI enter, left ANSI shift, right shift, keypad 0) and "vertical" (for ISO enter, keypad +, keypad enter). "Horizontal" inserts have the hole centered; "vertical" inserts have the hole off-center. You will probably want a total of 4 "horizontal" inserts.

And you might want to order some of the GeekHack single unit keys instead of blanks. Or maybe something else off this page:
http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/SBLE
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 August 2014, 19:13:31 by wcass »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 19:24:30 »
Ok, I am probably going to throw in an order to unicomp in the next few days to get keycaps for this thing. I am converting it to a standard layout and I was wondering, how many little stabilizer inserts am I going to need in total?

I am ordering the following items, tell me if I am grabbing the right stuff.

101 Pearl/Pebble Set
Large Pearl Spacebar
2 Unprinted Pebble 1x Keys

Show Image

There are two types of inserts; "horizontal" (for backspace, ANSI enter, left ANSI shift, right shift, keypad 0) and "vertical" (for ISO enter, keypad +, keypad enter). "Horizontal" inserts have the hole centered; "vertical" inserts have the hole off-center. You will probably want a total of 4 "horizontal" inserts.

And you might want to order some of the GeekHack single unit keys instead of blanks. Or maybe something else off this page:
http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/SBLE
Ok, so I should throw in my order and ask for 4 horizonal stabilizer inserts? I will tell them which keys I am using them on just so they know what I mean. (Backspace, Both Shift Keys, and Enter Key)

But outside of that my keycap selection is correct?

I will throw in some geekhack keys with it as well, I forgot about that :D

Thanks  :thumb:

Once I get the inserts in and put it back together I don't need to take it apart again, for when I install a new controller, right? I am not looking to build a controller just yet but I want to at the very least get it put together again, since I am worried about messing up the foam sheet while it is taken apart.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #307 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 19:41:56 »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 20:00:12 »
Show Image

This xpost though
Nice  :thumb:

I guess I am going to get in on the next round of the controllers, I can't wait any longer lol

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 01:37:31 »

Show Image

**** this is gonna look awesome!  :eek:

Show Image

Looks fantastic sleepy!

Show Image

Looks pretty darn good.

Thanks guys! I was originally going to just have the bare metal plate too but there were so many rust spots I just painted it flat black. I'll have pictures up after I get the clear on the case. I made the new rubber mat too, so it is almost done. Just waiting on the controller.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 01:40:10 »
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #312 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 08:42:48 »
Well after a lot of thought, I think I am going to pass on converting this keyboard to a layout it didn't originally come in. My whole goal with this keyboard is to restore it and I feel like I wouldn't be doing the right thing if I changed it.

Hopefully unicomp can get me replacement keycaps, I think I might have talked to them before and the only thing they couldn't do it have the raised up bottom row keys, they will just be uniform height, which is ok to me.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 08:52:24 »
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 11:02:47 »
Hopefully unicomp can get me replacement keycaps, I think I might have talked to them before and the only thing they couldn't do it have the raised up bottom row keys, they will just be uniform height, which is ok to me.

Are your bottom row keys really a different height? Mine are uniform, but they sit higher than on MX and other boards because of IBM's sweet curved plates.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 11:10:39 »

Are your bottom row keys really a different height? Mine are uniform, but they sit higher than on MX and other boards because of IBM's sweet curved plates.
By that I mean they are taller in the middle than the sides, like a stepped caps lock but on both sides of the cap.

Look at my ALT keys, those are the only 2 original keys from the bottom row, the control key on the bottom right should be just like the alt key (Raised in the middle) and it should also say Enter on it, not ALT. The keycaps on this keyboard for a lot of people who got them aren't all original, they were just thrown on there to cover the keyboard.

Offline wcass

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 11:42:23 »
I'm sure some folks here are using new caps and could hook you up. I ordered a new set of caps, but I've decided on using a mix of new and old (pictured in post 169 of this thread). I'll have to check if I have the caps you are looking for.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #317 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 11:47:45 »

By that I mean they are taller in the middle than the sides, like a stepped caps lock but on both sides of the cap.

Okay, I get what you mean. I always mentally associate those unnecessarily stepped keys with the XT  keyboard and its awful layout. You may be able to get near-equivalent replacements from one of them.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 12:43:37 »
I'm sure some folks here are using new caps and could hook you up. I ordered a new set of caps, but I've decided on using a mix of new and old (pictured in post 169 of this thread). I'll have to check if I have the caps you are looking for.
That sounds good, I am okay not having the bottom row being 100% accurate, but if anyone doesn't even want theirs I would gladly take them. I guess I will contact unicomp about a custom printed set today.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:35:25 »
you guys are killing me..............these things are old skool butta

keep posting your pix and such :cool:
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline wcass

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 17:33:33 »
I have these (found a few more).
[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 August 2014, 17:51:03 by wcass »

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 04:28:03 »
anybody got a hint for me for the foam? I tried 2mm 'Moosgummi', but I can't get the 'sandwich' back together.

Or any good tips for putting the sandwich together?

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #322 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 09:25:14 »
anybody got a hint for me for the foam? I tried 2mm 'Moosgummi', but I can't get the 'sandwich' back together.

I could sandwich it back together with my hands, no problem.

For foam, we had a couple long discussions on here and Deskthority about the best foam to use with Model F's.  I found some 1/8 inch and 1/16 inch foams that worked well with the Model F's sold my McMaster Carr.  Now since you are in Europe, McMaster Carr will not work for you, but I have some extra foam laying around that I can ship to you if you are interested.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #323 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 09:53:44 »
Unicomp quoted me 75 dollars for replacement kishsaver keycaps . . wut, they told me 40 just a couple months ago..

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #324 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 10:00:29 »
Unicomp quoted me 75 dollars for replacement kishsaver keycaps . . wut, they told me 40 just a couple months ago..

Probably depends on which customer service person that you talk to.  You could easily just buy a printed 101 full set for $25 and use that for your Kishsaver.  But if you want custom printed with the classic Kishsaver legends, I am sure that will increase the price.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #325 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 23:14:46 »

It should be fairly easy because the kish is so small. You just have to put pressure where the tabs are to get them to lock in. Even the AT was not too bad. The 122 is no joke though, clamps or no deal!

Side note: I sprayed the clear coat on my bare metal kish and it looks good so far. I will let it dry before I try to see if it holding to the metal. No pictures because it was too dark by the time I finished.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #326 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 23:16:34 »

I've seen people use craft foam for a replacement. Pretty cheap and easily (maybe) found at a craft store.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #327 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 22:13:14 »
Ok I got to take some pictures of the case after the clear coat. It definitely less shine but has a nice feel to it now. Not nearly as smooth but more of a matte feel.

I'm thrilled with how it turned out and hopefully it holds up to use well. I'll put it all together over the weekend and just wait for the controller.

Warning: a bunch of pictures coming up.  ^-^

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #328 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 03:53:52 »
Ok I got to take some pictures of the case after the clear coat. It definitely less shine but has a nice feel to it now. Not nearly as smooth but more of a matte feel.

I'm thrilled with how it turned out and hopefully it holds up to use well. I'll put it all together over the weekend and just wait for the controller.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very tasteful case modification. I like that look  :thumb: Gives me ideas for my newly acquired XT...

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #329 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 05:14:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wowsers man.. Brushed aluminum? Best case I've ever seen..  :thumb:

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #330 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 21:44:19 »

Very tasteful case modification. I like that look  :thumb: Gives me ideas for my newly acquired XT...

Wowsers man.. Brushed aluminum? Best case I've ever seen..  :thumb:

Thanks guys, it definitely was a labor of love. I want to do the 50 key the same way but will hold off for a little while.  ^-^

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #331 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 14:13:55 »
BlacKish teaser

75499-0

more and better pics soon

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #332 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 14:24:29 »
BlacKish teaser

(Attachment Link)

Oh you're fancy.  :cool:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #333 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 14:51:28 »
BlacKish teaser

(Attachment Link)

Kickass!

Damn dude... Making me want to mosh even more!

*edit: a Kish* Mosh was too good had to leave it. Lol

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #334 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 19:27:05 »
BlacKish teaser

(Attachment Link)

Kickass!

Damn dude... Making me want to mosh even more!

*edit: a Kish* Mosh was too good had to leave it. Lol

LOL, do you find yourself moshing at the computer quite often, dustin?  :P  Hehehe

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #335 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 19:41:03 »
That all black kishsaver is looking nice snoopy, I wish I had two of them so I could do that to one.

Just desoldered my original controller, I am going to put this thing back together tonight. Need to wait to hear back from unicomp about the 75 dollar quote for keycaps... :(

[]D [] []V[] []D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #336 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 19:44:10 »
mmmmmmmmmm

circuit pr0n
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #337 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 20:02:11 »
mmmmmmmmmm

circuit pr0n
:thumb:

Backlit pcb pr0n too ^-^

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 18:29:16 »
I don't know if anyone would be interested, or if unicomp would agree. But essentially they are telling me it's $75 for a custom printed set for this keyboard, since they need to design the new keys (PD1, weird cent sign, front printed keys on V, B, N, etc...) the only thing that wouldn't be the same is the bottom row keys would not be "skirted" as they call it.

I am wondering if they could bring the price down if a couple of us bought them, anyone down? (No promise they would, I would rather get a rough estimate before even asking)

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #339 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 20:33:24 »
I don't know if anyone would be interested, or if unicomp would agree. But essentially they are telling me it's $75 for a custom printed set
What kind of custom printing can they handle? How is the quality? Can you provide a vector design and get them to print it? Lots of the pictures of custom Unicomp keycaps I’ve seen have looked like total garbage. Is that just the fault of the buyer?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #340 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:52:30 »
I don't know if anyone would be interested, or if unicomp would agree. But essentially they are telling me it's $75 for a custom printed set
What kind of custom printing can they handle? How is the quality? Can you provide a vector design and get them to print it? Lots of the pictures of custom Unicomp keycaps I’ve seen have looked like total garbage. Is that just the fault of the buyer?

Some of their QA is less than stellar, in my experience.  I purchased an APL set, and it looked like this (not *that* bad):

It's not awful by any means, but I was a little disappointed.  The front legends on ; and ' are fading and the positioning of most of the orange legends is just a tiny bit off.  I may be super nitpicky to point this out, but hey - I paid good money for the set, it should be good quality.

That said, I still love it and I still use it.   :))   So it still is a good set.  I just think it could be *better*.

This is only a comment on the quality of their work, I have no experience with your other questions.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 23:22:03 »
Some of their QA is less than stellar, in my experience.  I purchased an APL set, [...] That said, I still love it and I still use it.   :))   So it still is a good set.  I just think it could be *better*.
Do you code in APL, or is this just for fun?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 23:38:22 »
Some of their QA is less than stellar, in my experience.  I purchased an APL set, [...] That said, I still love it and I still use it.   :))   So it still is a good set.  I just think it could be *better*.
Do you code in APL, or is this just for fun?

Entirely for fun.  I enjoy the way it looks and it's fun to have a different set than the default set.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 11:24:18 »
some first impressions of my BlacKish:

Ingredients:
- powdercoated RAL 7021 (case and plate)
- new foam
- xwhatsit Model F rev2 controller
- blank black unicomp keycaps
- depth black bs clickclack (finally it has a suitable home)
- wcass spacebar stabilizer

ToDo:
- floss mod
- new usb cable

Big thanks to tinnie, wcass, xwhatsit, monster-toys, and of course cc.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 11:38:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ingredients:
- new foam

ToDo:
- floss mod
- new usb cable

wow

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 11:44:09 »
o

my
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #346 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 11:46:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ingredients:
- new foam

ToDo:
- floss mod
- new usb cable

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #347 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 12:37:22 »
Too bad that I didn't keep one.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 13:44:29 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ingredients:
- new foam

ToDo:
- floss mod
- new usb cable

Hubba hubba.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 13:54:04 »
Would love to get a Kishsaver (or two or three!). If anyone has one or more Kishsavers to sell, please let me know!