Author Topic: Mionix NAOS 7000.....  (Read 37647 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Mionix NAOS 7000.....
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 11:05:11 »
Does it have a memory to store settings on? Alas, as a mac user, i would have to use windows in a vm or bootcamp to set settings. So would it be usable on OS X without the software?

Also, how's that scroll wheel in terms of squeek etc.?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline JackCY

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 18:52:39 »
Does it have a memory to store settings on? Alas, as a mac user, i would have to use windows in a vm or bootcamp to set settings. So would it be usable on OS X without the software?

Also, how's that scroll wheel in terms of squeek etc.?

Mine had memory, I uninstalled the software, settings were kept.
Scroll wheel was good I liked it, nice and sharp. Not muddy like Zowie.
Well defined steps, good click, good size.

Just plugged this baby in :)
Quick question.
Does the the left click feel different from the right click?
On my mouse.
The right click is smooth for me like an omron but the left click has this pop, more travel distance and is much louder when I depress it (it's kind of a huano actually).
Is this normal?

Yes first thing I also noticed, the buttons all feel different.
As you said, right is kind of good, left sucks, long travel, loud, it is because they made a cut up top between the buttons and the left one has too free and not down to the button enough.
Left one is crazy loud.

Soft coating is soft and wears off like no time, don't scratch it, it is very easy.

Side buttons had good travel distance but again, different feel.
QFR red

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 11:33:30 »
So.. how is the construction of the body? Do more of you notice that the soft surface wears of quickly? And what about those left / right buttons? Do you like 'em or hate 'em?

Offline JackCY

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 14:53:53 »
So.. how is the construction of the body? Do more of you notice that the soft surface wears of quickly? And what about those left / right buttons? Do you like 'em or hate 'em?
I think that if you claw it with a nail or wear a ring, it will scratch off the soft coating easily. I think I may have scratched it a bit when measuring it :/
Left/right buttons? Side buttons were fine by me, nice placement, good short travel, nothing to complain about.

It's just made for average hands, hence I am returning it, going into post tomorrow. Would not recommend for large hands unless you have a lot of meat on them. This ergonomic shape has to fit your hand, if it doesn't it's a no go, you can't just place fingers elsewhere easily.
QFR red

Offline samuelspark

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 15:34:16 »
Just got this mouse today. Love it. Doesn't track that well on some surfaces though and its S.Q.A.T proclaimed my wrist rest to be my best mouse pad over my QCK and several other generic mouse pads.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 17:21:22 »
Hmm... I'm hesitating between the Naos 7000 and the Avior 7000. Those gliding pads on the Avior seem way better.. I'm also not sure about which grip I prefer. Pff. Have to order them both I guess :p

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 03:51:17 »
Have to order them both I guess :p

Nothing wrong with that at all  :thumb: .  Always get every model a company makes before you find the right mouse for your grip, then sell the rest off in the classifieds if you like.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 05:23:44 »
Have to order them both I guess :p

Nothing wrong with that at all  :thumb: .  Always get every model a company makes before you find the right mouse for your grip, then sell the rest off in the classifieds if you like.

Thanks, good idea. Awesome idea, in fact.

Offline JackCY

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 10:35:00 »
Just got this mouse today. Love it. Doesn't track that well on some surfaces though and its S.Q.A.T proclaimed my wrist rest to be my best mouse pad over my QCK and several other generic mouse pads.

True. The Naos 7000 I had here had big issues with surfaces, I hope the FK1 that I may get won't have these with the same sensor.
It was kind of random too, maybe related to the software that helped to remove it or the firmware is moody.

I have a brand new Roccat Taito and in normal position it would track fine, if I rotate the mouse 90 degrees left it would sometimes track sometimes not, if I rotate it 90 degrees right it would often not track and just jump around and barely move. Rotated 180 degrees was fine again. I uninstalled the software and then the problems returned I think. The soft. rated the new pad at 80%. Old QCK rated 50% and it would not track on it almost under any circumstance, ridiculous, my nearly decade old IME3.0 tracks on it no problem at all. Also won't track on white paper and so on. I think the IR-LED is shining too strong and it blinds the sensor. You may have issues with light colored surfaces or reflective surfaces.
It was disappointing in these terms for what the mouse costs.

IME3.0 also tracks on skin, Naos 7000 wouldn't. I think they should add a led power adjustment or make the surface thingy actually calibrate the mouse for the surface you use.
QFR red

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 05:44:15 »

True. The Naos 7000 I had here had big issues with surfaces, I hope the FK1 that I may get won't have these with the same sensor.
It was kind of random too, maybe related to the software that helped to remove it or the firmware is moody.

I have a brand new Roccat Taito and in normal position it would track fine, if I rotate the mouse 90 degrees left it would sometimes track sometimes not, if I rotate it 90 degrees right it would often not track and just jump around and barely move. Rotated 180 degrees was fine again. I uninstalled the software and then the problems returned I think. The soft. rated the new pad at 80%. Old QCK rated 50% and it would not track on it almost under any circumstance, ridiculous, my nearly decade old IME3.0 tracks on it no problem at all. Also won't track on white paper and so on. I think the IR-LED is shining too strong and it blinds the sensor. You may have issues with light colored surfaces or reflective surfaces.
It was disappointing in these terms for what the mouse costs.

IME3.0 also tracks on skin, Naos 7000 wouldn't. I think they should add a led power adjustment or make the surface thingy actually calibrate the mouse for the surface you use.

So, in that sense, the SQAT helps Mionix argue that it's not the mouse, but it's your surface. The mouse is fine, you need a surface with better ratings :p

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 07:28:44 »
Has anyone seen this one yet;

http://mionix.net/sk-by-mionix/avior-sk/

Looks neat so I happened to have purchased it just now and will look forward to seeing if it's better than a Naos.

Never bought an Avior before so it will determine whether it will get used or tossed into the bottom drawer of my desk.  Hope it's better in some respects to other wmo wannabes.

Offline JackCY

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 02:59:57 »
So, in that sense, the SQAT helps Mionix argue that it's not the mouse, but it's your surface. The mouse is fine, you need a surface with better ratings :p

No Mionix has to fix their firmware or even hardware.
QFR red

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 04:47:52 »
Hmm... hope mine is ok... just ordered the Avior 7000. But will use it on a mousepad.

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 12:47:26 »
I'm looking at getting this mouse and a large mouse pad. Probably going to pull the trigger today

Poker II

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 13:14:04 »
I'm looking at getting this mouse and a large mouse pad. Probably going to pull the trigger today

I bought a roccat hiro in the hope it will not fray and it will feel awesome. It does! But my Avior is not here yet... :( using it with my g400s now (works perfect)

Offline D01

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 13:19:35 »
This is my favorite mouse to date.  I've used both the Naos 7000 and the Avior 7000, greatly prefer the Naos.  Love that fully supported palm grip.  The multicolored led whatever and software you don't have to keep running make it just about perfect.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 14:02:05 »
This is my favorite mouse to date.  I've used both the Naos 7000 and the Avior 7000, greatly prefer the Naos.  Love that fully supported palm grip.  The multicolored led whatever and software you don't have to keep running make it just about perfect.

Can you do some sort of claw grip on the Naos? I like palm for relaxed / casual 'mousing', but when I'm designing in illustrator / photoshop or fps I always find myself claw-gripping the mouse.

Offline D01

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:57:38 »

Can you do some sort of claw grip on the Naos? I like palm for relaxed / casual 'mousing', but when I'm designing in illustrator / photoshop or fps I always find myself claw-gripping the mouse.

Idk.  Haven't really tried since I rarely claw grip.  I will try later when I get home though and report back.

Edit:  No....not good for claw.  Feels weird.  Pinky is all stretched out to the right.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 July 2014, 22:12:30 by D01 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 22:02:54 »
Mionix Avior SK.  http://mionix.net/sk-by-mionix/avior-sk/

Have just received it in it's nice Black & White Graphics Box and plugged it into the PC and had to update the firmware from (original) 1.63 to the current version 2.34 and have used their Avior SK Software Version 1.22 to configure the mouse straight away.

First off I had to disable all the side buttons because I hate them immensely.  I only really wanted to use a WMO style of mouse without side buttons because lets be realistic here, purists have always wanted a real mouse with no side buttons because they're unnecessary.  Also disabling the side buttons means when you accidently press them whilst using the mouse, nothing untoward will occur.

This mouse has that familiar Mionix Coating that means no amount of your bodily fluids will damage the use of this mouse under any extreme conditions.  The buttons are so clean and precise with little effort to actuate them.  Some how Mionix have used switches that are almost purely sublime and extremely quiet when pressed it may be the true Swedish Exactness that places this input device into a realm of it's own perfection  :thumb: .

I only wished they would pay Logitech to construct a "FREE-SCROLL" wheel into it's housing and literally make it the GREATEST mouse currently made in this world.  Alas dreaming that it will gives me hope that one day it may occur.

I'm not a gamer hence all you will get is the pedestrian version of what it's like to use this mouse and it seems to be near enough to being perfect for everyday use.  The size of it makes it great for me because even though I liked the original WMO it use to give me extreme cramps after using it for more than an hour at a time.   Thus far have been using the SK for more than 4 hours and no hand-cramp whatsoever.

Really liked to use an WMO styled mouse that has finally been designed for NORMAL people to use for a great length of time, the Avior-SK delivers  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 22:04:57 by Elrick »

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:08:41 »
Some how Mionix have used switches that are almost purely sublime and extremely quiet when pressed it may be the true Swedish Exactness that places this input device into a realm of it's own perfection  :thumb: .

Universal truth.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:16:44 »
Some how Mionix have used switches that are almost purely sublime and extremely quiet when pressed it may be the true Swedish Exactness that places this input device into a realm of it's own perfection  :thumb: .

Universal truth.

Yup. can confirm, also from Sweden.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 20:22:56 »
Yup. can confirm, also from Sweden.

Well it's got that all too familiar quote here;

Designed and Engineered in Sweden
Assembled in P.R.C.  :-[

Like with everything else in this world, but it definitely feels different/better than most input devices from Logitech and Razer at least.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 20:28:51 »
Mionix still has ****ty quality control though.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 15:47:54 »
@Elrick: I realize this is an old thread, but I have been researching mice and spotted this review.

My situation is that I have been happily using a Razer Deathadder Black Edition for years. It is still going strong, but the contact points on the outer shell have become discolored and rough, and this does not seem to clean up with mild detergent or 70% isopropyl alcohol. In addition, in case the mouse should actually fail, I would want to replace it. Unfortunately, Razer no longer makes the Black Edition. It is still possible to find through third-party vendors on Amazon, but at rather high prices. Consequently, I have been looking at newer models of the DA along with some other brands that have caught my eye.

I was dismayed to see that the new versions of the DA all use those horrible knobbly rubber side-grips that I do not like at all. Apart from that, it might turn out that the new DA models would still be my best bet. However, I am also looking at the following:

+ Mionix Naos 7000

+ Mionix Castor

+ Zowie EC1-A 2016 version

+ Ducky Secret Mouse (PBT!)

I would be interested in impressions of these mice along with any other recommendations.

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 21:33:26 »
All I can say is that this baby is a keeper, if you want right hand relaxation.

Relaxation at its best. I used a NAOS 3200 for a long time before upgrading to the NAOS 7000. The way my hand rests on it keeps me coming back for more.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 06:53:23 »
@Elrick: I realize this is an old thread, but I have been researching mice and spotted this review.

My situation is that I have been happily using a Razer Deathadder Black Edition for years. It is still going strong, but the contact points on the outer shell have become discolored and rough, and this does not seem to clean up with mild detergent or 70% isopropyl alcohol. In addition, in case the mouse should actually fail, I would want to replace it. Unfortunately, Razer no longer makes the Black Edition. It is still possible to find through third-party vendors on Amazon, but at rather high prices. Consequently, I have been looking at newer models of the DA along with some other brands that have caught my eye.

I was dismayed to see that the new versions of the DA all use those horrible knobbly rubber side-grips that I do not like at all. Apart from that, it might turn out that the new DA models would still be my best bet. However, I am also looking at the following:

+ Mionix Naos 7000

+ Mionix Castor

+ Zowie EC1-A 2016 version

+ Ducky Secret Mouse (PBT!)

I would be interested in impressions of these mice along with any other recommendations.

I have not yet tried out the Mionix Castor because I think I dislike the shape (I'm addicted to Intellimouse-shapes), but a lot of people really like it on this and other forums (hardforum for example).

Personally, I prefer the Avior 7000: great clicks, great shape and great scroll wheel.

I didn't really like the Naos 7000 because of the shape. The bulge on the right where your pinky + ring finger are supposed to be didn't really work for me. In addition, I felt that my pinky was on the mat all the time, which I didn't really like. But perhaps it would work for you.. I'm more of a relaxed claw grip person than palm grip.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 08:47:49 »
Recently, I've had the opportunity to test many different mice. My evaluations are based mainly on the feel, which includes the size, shape, weight, surface finish, switch placement and actuation, and characteristics of the scroll wheel. I like the wheel to be rubberized, notched, and quiet. I use a palm grip, and I favor a large right-handed wired (corded) mouse with no more than 7-8 buttons. Here are my findings thus far, with my brief assessment and reasons for not selecting the mouse in parentheses:

Corsair M65 RGB (too short and low; distracting sniper button); Mionix Castor (a bit too small); Mionix Naos 7000 (too difficult to pick up easily without changing grip); Razer DA Chroma (noisy scroll wheel); Razer Mamba TE (good overall -- keeping this one); Roccat Kone XTD (excellent except for sticky-feeling light stripes and ostentatious logo); Steelseries Rival 300 (good overall -- keeping this one); Zowie EC1-A (good shape, but don't like the smooth finish).

I would still like to test the Cougar 550m and the forthcoming Gigabyte XM300. In addition, the Logitech G502 keeps getting top marks in reviews, but I have never liked Logitech mice; I am especially not a fan of their scroll wheels. The Logitech wireless mice look the most attractive to me, but I prefer to have a corded mouse.

Although I would prefer to have an optical sensor, this is not a must-have for me

For now, I am reasonably pleased with the Razer Mamba TE (although I would prefer to have an optical sensor, but this is not a must-have for me). I also like the Rival 300 much more than I had expected. I prefer the appearance of the Razer, but the Rival feels better and has more definitive switch clicks.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 19:20:25 »
You must play at super low sensitivity if you need to pick up the Naos.  I have it and love it.  I just wis that it was a little bit bigger.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 19:41:03 »
Naos is absolutely a palm grip mouse for higher CPI. It's horrible to try and pick up if you typically run 800 CPI. Castor is smaller and lighter, and it's ring/pinky humps are far more subtle. Decent for both high and low CPI, depending on your grip, as it's better suited for claw, fingertip, and claw/fingertip hybrid grips.

@Hypersphere - you should take a look at the Avior. It's ambidextrous, and sits between the Castor and Naos in size. Same excellent sensor. I really didn't like the G502 mousewheel, stiff braided cable, and stiff rubberized cable guard, as I mentioned in the other mouse thread.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 19:55:26 »
I use the naos 7000 as my daily driver, at 7000dpi. I started at 2000dpi and kept making it higher. I might need a naos 10000 soon.... :))
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 10:39:52 »
@Vittra: Thanks for the tip about the Avior. Until now, I had not seriously considered ambidextrous mice, thinking that they were a compromise that might lose some desirable ergonomic characteristics of a right-handed mouse. I am also not keen on having a redundant set of buttons on the right side of the mouse, but unless they are in the way, I suppose they could be ignored or remapped to additional functions. Looking at the specs, the Avior 7000 might be too small for me. I am currently trying out a Zowie EC1-A and SS Rival 300, which are bigger than the Naos 7000 and feel about right.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 18:06:51 »
Just wondering, how do you palm the Naos.  I was responding from my laptop earlier, so I didn't have mine in front of me.  I have a palm grip and have no problem at all picking up the Naos without adjusting my grip.  Even when I claw grip it I can pick it up easily.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 11:15:07 »
@nubbinator: I think I used the same palm grip on the Naos 7000 that I use on any mouse, except that the Naos is better sculpted to accommodate the thumb (1) as well as fingers 4 and 5. However, I found the Naos surface too smooth to enable me to pick up the mouse easily. I have already returned it, so I cannot test it again.

I am warming up to the SS Rival 300. Although I don't like the SS logo, I am now using the Rival as my main mouse at home. I still have the old DA Black Edition at work.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 14:58:27 »
Huh, that's weird.  Mine is rubberized and I have no problem lifting it up, even with just a thumb and a finger.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 15:50:28 »
It's texture is fairly smooth compared to some mice that employ aggressive rubberized sides. Actually, the Castor has a section exactly like that on the left side. It's still a pretty good texture overall for people who have sweaty hands though.

Not sure what resolution you are running at nubbinator, but 2560x1440 @ 800 cpi would force a lot of lifting - use of the Naos like that for about a week (including gaming), and it becomes apparent why it's a poor choice. A lot of the repetitive action issues aren't immediately obvious, it can take 3 - 7 days to really be exacerbated... of course if the mouse is a really bad fit, there will be serious pain (well beyond the discomfort of adjustment) in a few hours.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 15:54:19 »
I normally run about 1200-1800 (I forget my settings) at 1440p and drop to 800 for precision.  Not really a problem for me.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 21:52:43 »
I normally run about 1200-1800 (I forget my settings) at 1440p and drop to 800 for precision.  Not really a problem for me.

I actually run at 400dpi all the time, and that's on a dual 1080p setup. That being said, I also have a pretty big mouse pad, so there's that...

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 21:56:35 »

Will we be seeing you on csgo again anytime soon? 

Also, calling cptbadass
Hi :)