Author Topic: CMYW GMK GroupBuy - SHIPPING COMPLETED  (Read 468400 times)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
Re: CMYW GMK GroupBuy - Collecting
« Reply #900 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:26:30 »
Is there any ETA on refunds? Thanks dubs

for those cancelling, it will be after the first week (mentioned above^), those who have cancelled will get their refunds that tuesday or wednesday

also..

it's right here;

Order Change and Cancel Form

will be in OP as well

Thanks

yeah I was just about to post that
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:28:05 by Dubsgalore »

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #901 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:27:57 »
I'm still in and I wanted to say thanks again to Dubs: this can't be easy and I appreciate every second you spend on this.

Cheers,

K

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #902 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:35:29 »
Your previous post made it sound like you didn't want any more orders. :-\
Yes, I have same questions. Dubs, please provide some info for us, we would to join this group buy, but what about estimated dates and adding new buyers?

I don't mean to speak for Dubs, but a few posts up he commented in response to me that handling drop-outs and filling their spots is top priority.  Re-opening the flood gates for additional orders means a lot more work and unforunately (for people who want in) doesn't look like it will happen.  But if you keep on top of things, you should be able to take over one of the dropped orders pretty easily.   :thumb:

I'm waiting for all those to cancel, but if we are still over moq with all the cancels tallied, we may just just offer those cancels those orders because if it's over moq we are going to send it in ASAP. if we are under then obviously all the cancelled will be opened up and possible to take for your own.

it sucks but it has to be done in this condition

Offline Motan22

« Reply #903 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:45:46 »
Is there any ETA on refunds? Thanks dubs

for those cancelling, it will be after the first week (mentioned above^), those who have cancelled will get their refunds that tuesday or wednesday

also..

it's right here;

Order Change and Cancel Form

will be in OP as well

Thanks

yeah I was just about to post that

Why can you not provide people with a refund straight away who have already requested for their money back Dubs?

I find it very odd how you would PM me asking me to drop my paypal dispute when you have not returned my money. No order with GMK has been placed and therefore I would like for you to return my money, so please take thirty seconds out to do this.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #904 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:58:31 »
Why can you not provide people with a refund straight away who have already requested for their money back Dubs?

I find it very odd how you would PM me asking me to drop my paypal dispute when you have not returned my money. No order with GMK has been placed and therefore I would like for you to return my money, so please take thirty seconds out to do this.

I'm sorry you find that odd but unfortunately I'm sending invoices out from existing refunded and cancelled orders (going through PMs from when I left off). I asked you to please fill out the form just so that I have that information

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #905 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:02:45 »
To those disputers who have not cancelled already (who are imposingly threatening the group buy as a whole honestly and that's my main concern sorry), after this week passes (if not sooner) you will receive your refunds so if you are waiting for the refund to dispute, please think about reconsidering because there are 4 I believe still up.

Those who have not paid yet are going to get email reminders as well

Offline Motan22

« Reply #906 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:08:11 »
To those disputers who have not cancelled already (who are imposingly threatening the group buy as a whole honestly and that's my main concern sorry), after this week passes (if not sooner) you will receive your refunds so if you are waiting for the refund to dispute, please think about reconsidering because there are 4 I believe still up.

Those who have not paid yet are going to get email reminders as well

Dubs I filled that form out. I find it incredible that you would not have the tact to understand the perspective of those who are anxious about this and to suggest people who have raised a paypal issue are "threatening the group buy". I know that when I raised my paypal request there had not been a trace of you on the forum for almost a month.

Offline redeye

« Reply #907 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:17:41 »
Why dont you just refund the people who have issued a dispute? There are only 4 of them, then go from there. Crisis over no more threat.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:19:57 by redeye »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #908 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:47:10 »
You need to understand how paypal works. If there is several disputes they may decide to freeze the account for investigation. If they want to they make takes months before they release the funds. So if they buy can move forward otherwise all the assets are frozen and it throws the whole thing into limbo.
Granted, some more communication is nice but I am sure Dubs wants to get this done and get it done right. We had several conversations about how I have done things as they wanted to try and get things to go off with as few hitches as possible. Sometimes life gets in the way or other things which may cause delays in a groupbuy. It's even happened on mine so there is no need to have a huge panic.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #909 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 15:19:48 »
I don't understand that panic, first thing you have to learn when participating in group buys is patience. Some are finished in 1 week, some take almost a year or more (Round 5 for example). You should also check and know who you send your money, read through old threads, and make yourself an image of the person who leads the group buy. If you're not comfortable and feel scared, you can always buy at shops or 'real' group buy sites like PMK or Massdrop, or buy in the classifieds finished sets.

Using PayPal as a communication form for disputes is really not a good idea, as Ivan already mentioned. If all money is frozen because on some disputes (as it happened in the past already in other group buys), everyone has to suffer because of the fear of a few.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 15:21:58 by madhias »
... ...

Offline redeye

« Reply #910 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 15:45:01 »
You are right my understanding of paypal is limited but this seems quite clear.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ1190&topicID=DISPUTES_AND_CLAIMS_HELPHUB&m=TCI

Closing disputes for sellers:

If you’re a seller you will not be able to close claims filed against you. Instead you’ll have the option to offer a full or partial refund to resolve a dispute:

If you offer a full refund the dispute or claim will be closed immediately
If you offer a partial refund the buyer must agree before the dispute can be closed.
Learn more about Disputes and Claims for Sellers.

also if they close they cannot reopen.

Offline redeye

« Reply #911 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:10:51 »
I don't understand that panic, first thing you have to learn when participating in group buys is patience. Some are finished in 1 week, some take almost a year or more (Round 5 for example). You should also check and know who you send your money, read through old threads, and make yourself an image of the person who leads the group buy. If you're not comfortable and feel scared, you can always buy at shops or 'real' group buy sites like PMK or Massdrop, or buy in the classifieds finished sets.

Using PayPal as a communication form for disputes is really not a good idea, as Ivan already mentioned. If all money is frozen because on some disputes (as it happened in the past already in other group buys), everyone has to suffer because of the fear of a few.

There are alot of people mentioning patience but nobody that i could see were complaining this gb was taking too long. I think the main issue was that the information coming out was vague and confusing, also statements about actions were not adhered to even though he was posting on other threads. I dont want to flog a dead horse here and it looks like the gb is heading back in the right direction so good luck to all involved.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #912 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 01:31:22 »
Updated my order.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #913 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 10:31:58 »
I'm not sure whether this should be said via pm, but i sent you two pms the past month without response so i'll post here:

I ordered and paid for 2 sets. I'm not sure if you're aware of this and have yet to update the order counts?

Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #914 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 23:12:25 »
People posting in the thread about *old* pms...there is a reason :) fill out that form please!

You need to understand how paypal works. If there is several disputes they may decide to freeze the account for investigation. If they want to they make takes months before they release the funds. So if they buy can move forward otherwise all the assets are frozen and it throws the whole thing into limbo.
Granted, some more communication is nice but I am sure Dubs wants to get this done and get it done right. We had several conversations about how I have done things as they wanted to try and get things to go off with as few hitches as possible. Sometimes life gets in the way or other things which may cause delays in a groupbuy. It's even happened on mine so there is no need to have a huge panic.

with all the (understandable :) ) whining, I have to say thank you boys for posting.

Offline cphead

« Reply #915 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 23:21:11 »
Sent you a PM about address change, dubs  :)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #916 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 23:21:59 »

You should probably use the order change form
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline cphead

« Reply #917 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 23:24:13 »

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #918 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 00:41:08 »

You should probably use the order change form

Good idea  :thumb:

I just did this. Wasn't sure if I was at my old address or new one when I paid. It all happened so close.

Thanks dubs. Most definitely still in.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline redeye

« Reply #919 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 12:22:15 »
Are refunds going out today Dubs?

Offline Motan22

« Reply #920 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 13:36:28 »
Are refunds going out today Dubs?

"for those cancelling, it will be after the first week (mentioned above^), those who have cancelled will get their refunds that tuesday or wednesday

also.."

"Dubsgalore - Last Active: Wed, 24 September 2014, 23:12:09"

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Dubs has promised refunds by today so all we can do tonight is wait and see.

I find it highly suspicious that Dubs has acknowledged that people have requested their money back and yet as far as I am aware no one has recieved a refund. There is absolutely no fair reason that Dubs could not log into Paypal and refund everyone who has asked their money back within a matter of minutes. We never reached a phase in this group buy where any money should have been expended so it really is that straight forward.

I am not sure why people think this is an acceptable situation to be in. Absolutely no progress has been made in over four months and Dubs only happened to show back up on Geekhack within days of several paypal disputes being placed after having been absent for the best part of a month.

At some point, concern has to be shown and these issues have to be discussed!
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 October 2014, 13:41:24 by motan22 »

Offline ebacho

« Reply #921 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 16:35:05 »
If all our information is still the same as when we first paid up, should we fill in the form as well?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #922 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 17:25:49 »
man you guys seriously need to learn who you give your money to before you do it.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #923 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 20:20:19 »
man you guys seriously need to learn who you give your money to before you do it.
Truth teller ;)

Offline Halvar

« Reply #924 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 23:19:27 »
Really? If there's something we should know about dubs do tell us. However, victim blaming is just crappy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 October 2014, 23:38:26 by Halvar »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #925 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 23:22:18 »
Really? If there's something we should know about dubs do tell us. Victim blaming is just crappy.

Que?

That said, did the refunds go through?  If it keeps going at this snail's pace, I'm going to have to ask for a refund, but leave my offer to help with shipping on the table.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #926 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 23:33:00 »
Really? If there's something we should know about dubs do tell us. Victim blaming is just crappy.

WTF is dubs a victim of? 

Offline Halvar

« Reply #927 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 23:37:44 »
Not dubs. Blaming people who participated in this GB for trusting him is crappy.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #928 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 23:53:50 »
Not dubs. Blaming people who participated in this GB for trusting him is crappy.

Oh, see, I didn't read that in what demik said, but I get what you mean now.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #929 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 00:38:46 »
You did not read that in what demik wrote? What else did he write other than "it's your own fault people, you should all have known from the start"? How else can you read it?

Whatever. Demik's trolling is not the point in this thread. The point is: dubs needs to be woken up again so he continues working on this.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 October 2014, 00:48:58 by Halvar »

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #930 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 01:27:27 »
I also noticed that originative has pre-orders on GMK CMYW. Should we be concerned about that, or has this been known for a long time?

Offline cphead

« Reply #931 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 01:35:14 »
I also noticed that originative has pre-orders on GMK CMYW. Should we be concerned about that, or has this been known for a long time?

Been there for a while. I don't think it poses any threat to this GB (assuming it's happening).

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #932 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 01:41:00 »

Been there for a while. I don't think it poses any threat to this GB (assuming it's happening).

Yes, it was mentioned a couple of pages back.

I agree, this won't affect this GB. Less keys at a higher cost is not exactly a threat ;)

Offline Vitaly

« Reply #933 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 04:53:38 »

Yes, it was mentioned a couple of pages back.

I agree, this won't affect this GB. Less keys at a higher cost is not exactly a threat ;)
Not so much higher and all keycaps that needed for something like poker are included + FN key, from description "Note: Yellow Fn key not shown in picture". Anyway peoples asked about participating in this GB and no answer. After reading comments I don't have desire to pay money and wait wait wait... originativco also GMK and have all needed keys, so why not...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #934 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 07:39:39 »
originativco also GMK and have all needed keys, so why not...

Just be aware that...

I don't have desire to pay money and wait wait wait...

...this can still happen with Originative...  :(

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57652.0

Though some people have received their items with minimal delay and are quite happy with their experience, so YMMV.  And we don't need to get carried away with sharing our experiences here, I simply wanted to inform any newer people that might not know about this.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #935 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 07:57:47 »
You did not read that in what demik wrote? What else did he write other than "it's your own fault people, you should all have known from the start"? How else can you read it?

Whatever. Demik's trolling is not the point in this thread. The point is: dubs needs to be woken up again so he continues working on this.

Trolling? Lol.

Whose fault is it that youre giving a large amount of money to a teenager that has never ran any group buys. One that just started college and one that still hasnt responded and youre STILL going to let him keep your money on a fairy tale gb.

If thats victim blaming, then yeah, i am victim blaming.

It's incredible how easy gh is to scam. Set up gb for something people like. Collect money. Dip.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 October 2014, 08:06:34 by demik »

Offline Halvar

« Reply #936 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 08:30:22 »
I have no doubts that an 18 year old can do a group buy of this complexity. You don't need a college graduation for that. If dubs needs help and manages to ask for help, there will be people in the forum who will help. Where I live, you are an adult when you're 18. The 18-year-olds I have known in my life are responsible enough to know that collectiong a few thousand dollars from people is not a joke and not a game.

Doing your first GB while you're so young means there can be mistakes and it can take long -- and it won't matter in the end. The thing that ultimately matters is that you either buy and distribute the key caps or, if it doesn't work out because of MOQ or any other reason, at least refund people in the end with the money that's left at that point after your costs. I still think that dubs can and hope that he will do either the one or the other.

Yeah, the GB system on DT works on trust and there are a lot of people who don't have a lot of information about the organizers. That's why, for a long-year member, it's just crappy behaviour to come out with an "I-could-have-told-you-so-but-for-some-reason-I-didn't" post in the GB thread at the point when all the money has been collected and people are hoping for the best.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #937 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 08:37:11 »
Oh please, any time ive said anything about current members i get **** on. I warned people about redline way before they scammed people and i was seen as a "hater" and look what happened. I was right in the end. Im done warning people that dont appreciate it.

Now im not saying dubs is going to bail with your money, but this gb sure as hell isnt ending anytime soon because hes not worried.  Well until people start filing claims. You saw how quickly he came out.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 October 2014, 08:40:06 by demik »

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #938 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 11:27:01 »
Oh please, any time ive said anything about current members i get **** on. I warned people about redline way before they scammed people and i was seen as a "hater" and look what happened. I was right in the end. Im done warning people that dont appreciate it.

Now im not saying dubs is going to bail with your money, but this gb sure as hell isnt ending anytime soon because hes not worried.  Well until people start filing claims. You saw how quickly he came out.

what would you do if you were in our shoes? i didn't' mind the initial wait, but the fact that he came back right after someone submitted a dispute, and disappeared again after the disputes were revoked, is incredibly suspicious. the fact that no refunds went out didn't help either. I wasn't aware that refunds can be done within minutes, as i'm not familiar with paypal.

i should have done some research before, but would you mind sharing how paypal disputes work? i have no desire of freezing the entire group buy, but is that the only way? do i get my money back rightaway by issuing a chargeback, or do i still have to wait for him to approve the chargeback before the money gets transferred?
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #939 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 15:24:11 »
Come on Dubs! I have faith in you. I'm still in but could you please refund the folks who have been asking for it? Sounds to me like that would really quiet things down a bit.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Vitaly

« Reply #940 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 15:46:44 »

...this can still happen with Originative...  :(

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57652.0
Thank for link, feel sad after reading the thread, but it's another way to get CMYW. I have ordered from originativeca once (few keycaps) and all ok, and they answering to email, about cmyw they said that expected dates will be available at mid/end of the October.

Also IvanIvanovich said about some fall inspired color packs in the future, not cmyw but also color splash.
There will also be a fall inspired minipack with yellow/orange/red shades to go along with it.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #941 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 09:12:29 »

Trolling? Lol.

Whose fault is it that youre giving a large amount of money to a teenager that has never ran any group buys. One that just started college and one that still hasnt responded and youre STILL going to let him keep your money on a fairy tale gb.

If thats victim blaming, then yeah, i am victim blaming.

It's incredible how easy gh is to scam. Set up gb for something people like. Collect money. Dip.

Like I mentioned earlier, it looks like Paypal is setting up a better method to handle these types of transactions. I like the 6 month window vs what it's currently been. I also really like the way SP is doing the payment authorization where they only deduct funds if the GB is successful.

Anyways, glad to see you back Demik :)

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #942 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 11:23:30 »
Well I guess this GB is slowly dying without dubs around or communicating, its not going to be long before others start doing the same and the GB will officially be dead.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #943 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 12:09:07 »
I understand that this may seem weak at this point, but I promise I'm not trying to make excuses for dubs with this.

Dubs has been online on Skype for a long time now, but it's clear that he's logged on with a device that he doesn't have access to. He hasn't responded to emails or text messages from me AND other people for a good week now. He's also been inactive on social media and geekhack for over a week now. This isn't like him at all, and it's clear to me that he isn't just avoiding this thread and the people asking for refunds. Something must've happened to him.

I just wanted to say that you guys aren't the only ones that haven't heard from him. I hope that he's OK and that he hasn't been injured or anything like that.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #944 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 12:16:10 »
Looks like he was on DT about a week ago. Maybe someone can get a hold of him by PMing him there?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #945 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 12:26:10 »
Looks like he was on DT about a week ago. Maybe someone can get a hold of him by PMing him there?
If I can't contact him by email, then I don't think anyone will be able to contact him via DT :)
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline redeye

« Reply #946 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:06:41 »
I understand that this may seem weak at this point, but I promise I'm not trying to make excuses for dubs with this.

Dubs has been online on Skype for a long time now, but it's clear that he's logged on with a device that he doesn't have access to. He hasn't responded to emails or text messages from me AND other people for a good week now. He's also been inactive on social media and geekhack for over a week now. This isn't like him at all, and it's clear to me that he isn't just avoiding this thread and the people asking for refunds. Something must've happened to him.

I just wanted to say that you guys aren't the only ones that haven't heard from him. I hope that he's OK and that he hasn't been injured or anything like that.

"but it's clear that he's logged on with a device that he doesn't have access to." Sorry, what do you mean by this?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #947 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:18:30 »

"but it's clear that he's logged on with a device that he doesn't have access to." Sorry, what do you mean by this?

Probably something public like a library computer or from school
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #948 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:45:46 »
Changdrew v2

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #949 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 15:49:28 »

Sources tell me he talks to them nearly daily.

I wouldn't trust him.

I'd rather give demik the keys to my imaginary porsche then dubs $35 for this gb.

That's right.

i said demik.

demik.

ew.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL