Author Topic: Where is WFD – part III  (Read 26493 times)

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Where is WFD – part III
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 18:42:12 »
Welcome back, WFD.

Sounds like you been through allot.

It's good to see you are somewhat ok.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 21:43:43 »
Waiting your action

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 01:58:09 »
Welcome back hope things get back to normal for you. I also lost a love one recently, my condolences.

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 14:46:56 »
I don't buy it. Not to stir the pot but if you were able to post on those other forums and buy stuff then you should have been able to at least reply to the person(s) here who's stuff you've had for a ridiculous amount of time. To me this all looks like a way to buy time / temporarily save face. Whether you've had a tough time or not doesn't excuse you from your responsibilities. Do you think if you stopped paying rent your landlord wouldn't kick you out just because you've had some issues? I would honestly be surprised if this pasph guy ever gets his stuff back.

This is what I propose in the mean time. You put all of his stuff on top of a recent newspaper (where the date is visible) and take pictures. If you can't fit it all in one picture then take multiple ones, but they should be on the newspaper. That way he can verify that you still actually have his belongings and haven't sold them. Also, I think its pretty crappy of you to respond to his message with "You're calling me a scammer now huh?" when you've had some of his stuff for nearly two years now, as well as decided to disappear for nearly half a year. There is literally no other reasonable conclusion anyone would draw given the circumstances, especially given the fact that you've been spotted in other sites.

I'm not super well versed in the legal repercussions of all of this, but my best friend is an IP lawyer. If you don't post the pictures here in the next week I would advise pasph to take legal action. I'm sure someone on this forum has your contact information. If you do post the pictures but don't send him the stuff back I would, again, advise pasph to take legal action. I'll communicate with pasph, as well as my friend and try to get it all coordinated. I can assume that pasph has sent you money based on the fact that he's asking for a refund. If you took his money / property without delivering goods or services then its theft. Pasph, if you used paypal to pay him I would recommend preparing to contact them and try to get your money back. If paypal gives you the money back then they'll go after WhiteFire for the money that they lost. Likely putting him into collections or contracting an attorney's office to deal with it. I'm not sure exactly how everything transpired, but if you could message me with all of the specifics I can relay it to my lawyer friend and provide you with the best actionable advice going forward - again assuming that you aren't provided with a) proof he still has your belongings, b) a refund or c) your stuff.

If there's anyone else who is interested in what I've said you are more than welcome to send me a PM with your specifics. I am in no way guaranteeing that you will ever get your stuff back, or see a dime for that matter but I will see what I can do to help you out. I have had a few family friends who got screwed online before and I was able to get them their money back. Hopefully WhiteFireDragon still has all of your stuff and will send it all out as soon as possible. Then this whole thing can be avoided. Though, I don't really have much faith in him given the fact that he still hasn't posted.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 15:12:36 »
With all of these posts and disappearances, I can never understand how you can be so busy as to not take minutes to send a quick message to a person like pasph, who has clearly been much more patient with WFD than I would ever be.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 15:18:46 »
Perhaps some of you have not experienced a life-altering event.

I have - it was not pleasant.  For about a month I was totally consumed by something happening to me and my family which was completely unexpected and out of my control.

Only after things started to settle down could I even think about read threads here.

WFD sounds like he has had a few such things happening one after another - I hope his situation stabilises soon.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 15:30:00 »

I have - it was not pleasant.  For about a month I was totally consumed by something happening to me and my family which was completely unexpected and out of my control.

Only after things started to settle down could I even think about read threads here.

WFD sounds like he has had a few such things happening one after another - I hope his situation stabilises soon.

Were you posting about buying things on another fourm, but also unable to post to people here you had obligations to? It would be one thing if he disappeared entirely from the web but he didn't. Not only that but he had one of this guy's items for nearly 2 years. That's just too much.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 15:35:19 »

I have experienced a life-altering event, and I understand we all have different ways of dealing with whatever real-life crisis we are going through, but I still feel like we should consider pasph's (and others) perspectives.

If pasph suffered his own financial crisis and needed  money just to feed himself or his family, what would happen then? You could say that he shouldn't have spent hundreds on keyboards, except it's been 2 years, and a lot can change in that period of time.

And I know you just want to offer another viewpoint rowdy, and I can empathize with WFD to a degree, but if I made a commitment that puts someone out of hundreds of dollars, I would take a few minutes out of my day to respond and let him know what I'm going through. I obviously don't know all the details of WFD's situation, so he may very well have been preoccupied 100% throughout these past few months. I just wanted to offer my own view on how his "victims" may feel.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 15:41:20 »
I don't think you (keytrun) get what kind of responsibility and stress Geekhack has put on WFD. I know Geekhack did not do it, WFD did himself, but I can really understand that he did not want to have anything to do with geekhack once he had first started to neglect his responsibilities toward the forum and its userbase. Sure he could have replied to Pasph, but he represented GH, which in turn represented hundreds of unreplied PMs, group buy responsibilites, people that was angry with him and so on.
Stress can make your mind really ****ed up, even if there is just a hint of it.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 16:40:17 »
I know first hand what it is like to juggle a job a family a life altering event and a forum like this. Everyone will handle it differently and honestly my internet presence comes last. FU If you can not understand that I got married then had my grandmother and grandfather die within 3 months and you may have not received the amount of attention you required during the dsa dolch bull****. Personal attacks are not allowed here. So Keytrun please stay out of the conversation when you have no idea wtf is going on.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 16:45:01 »
I know first hand what it is like to juggle a job a family a life altering event and a forum like this. Everyone will handle it differently and honestly my internet presence comes last. FU If you can not understand that I got married then had my grandmother and grandfather die within 3 months and you may have not received the amount of attention you required during the dsa dolch bull****. Personal attacks are not allowed here. So Keytrun please stay out of the conversation when you have no idea wtf is going on.

Domo, please re-read your comment and then re-read Keytrun's comment, and think about which one actually sounds like a personal attack. Being able to relate to someone's behavior does not excuse it. That's a fallacious argument. "We all make mistakes" is a fallacy as well.

I don't want to get into this though, so I'll leave further arguing to everyone else. I'm thankful that I had no property in WFD's hands, such that this doesn't affect me like it does others.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 17:07:30 »
Keytrun starts his post with..."Not to stir the pot but"
This is like anchorman. With all do respect, go ! $#@ yourself.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 17:12:15 »
Personal attacks are not allowed here.

With all do respect, go ! $#@ yourself.

dont see why everything has to devolve into bickering, whatever way you swing it, what we all want here is for someone who was held in high regard to do the right thing here, some people will remember what a big part of the community wfd was, and some people have no idea, and because of that, opinions are gonna differ, but whoever anyone defends here, as i say, we all want the same thing
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 June 2014, 17:17:16 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 17:28:38 »
Personal attacks are not allowed here.

With all do respect, go ! $#@ yourself.

dont see why everything has to devolve into bickering, whatever way you swing it, what we all want here is for someone who was held in high regard to do the right thing here, some people will remember what a big part of the community wfd was, and some people have no idea, and because of that, opinions are gonna differ, but whoever anyone defends here, as i say, we all want the same thing

Thanks bunny. I was only trying to state that if you want to be taken seriously do not start your discussion like anchorman lol.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 17:43:38 »

Domo, please re-read your comment and then re-read Keytrun's comment, and think about which one actually sounds like a personal attack. Being able to relate to someone's behavior does not excuse it. That's a fallacious argument. "We all make mistakes" is a fallacy as well.

I don't want to get into this though, so I'll leave further arguing to everyone else. I'm thankful that I had no property in WFD's hands, such that this doesn't affect me like it does others.

I meant this as a statement beyond the scope of this thread. Why are new members posting in threads that they have no involvement in? We have asshats posting in the gh60 thread asking when it will be done when they did not join the group buy. This is not a attack against keytrun. It is the idiots that post in groupbuys and other **** they are not involved in.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 17:44:23 »
Edit: I hate tapatalk

Offline pasph

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 18:39:07 »
Ok, he has sent me a PM stating he needs 1 or 2 weeks to sort and ship my stuff.
I've lost so much time chasing him through the internet that i can wait 2 weeks more.
Everyone knows his own (true or false) pains, for sure coming here to reply he exposed himself to the whole community,
I will let him think about this for this time waiting silently and i wish you could do the same.
So i will lock this thread for 2 weeks from now.
We'll see.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline pasph

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 07:46:08 »
Unlocked upon WFD's request
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 June 2014, 07:51:00 by pasph »
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 07:57:25 »
I don't buy it. Not to stir the pot but if you were able to post on those other forums and buy stuff then you should have been able to at least reply to the person(s) here who's stuff you've had for a ridiculous amount of time. To me this all looks like a way to buy time / temporarily save face. Whether you've had a tough time or not doesn't excuse you from your responsibilities. Do you think if you stopped paying rent your landlord wouldn't kick you out just because you've had some issues? I would honestly be surprised if this pasph guy ever gets his stuff back.

This is what I propose in the mean time. You put all of his stuff on top of a recent newspaper (where the date is visible) and take pictures. If you can't fit it all in one picture then take multiple ones, but they should be on the newspaper. That way he can verify that you still actually have his belongings and haven't sold them. Also, I think its pretty crappy of you to respond to his message with "You're calling me a scammer now huh?" when you've had some of his stuff for nearly two years now, as well as decided to disappear for nearly half a year. There is literally no other reasonable conclusion anyone would draw given the circumstances, especially given the fact that you've been spotted in other sites.

I'm not super well versed in the legal repercussions of all of this, but my best friend is an IP lawyer. If you don't post the pictures here in the next week I would advise pasph to take legal action. I'm sure someone on this forum has your contact information. If you do post the pictures but don't send him the stuff back I would, again, advise pasph to take legal action. I'll communicate with pasph, as well as my friend and try to get it all coordinated. I can assume that pasph has sent you money based on the fact that he's asking for a refund. If you took his money / property without delivering goods or services then its theft. Pasph, if you used paypal to pay him I would recommend preparing to contact them and try to get your money back. If paypal gives you the money back then they'll go after WhiteFire for the money that they lost. Likely putting him into collections or contracting an attorney's office to deal with it. I'm not sure exactly how everything transpired, but if you could message me with all of the specifics I can relay it to my lawyer friend and provide you with the best actionable advice going forward - again assuming that you aren't provided with a) proof he still has your belongings, b) a refund or c) your stuff.

If there's anyone else who is interested in what I've said you are more than welcome to send me a PM with your specifics. I am in no way guaranteeing that you will ever get your stuff back, or see a dime for that matter but I will see what I can do to help you out. I have had a few family friends who got screwed online before and I was able to get them their money back. Hopefully WhiteFireDragon still has all of your stuff and will send it all out as soon as possible. Then this whole thing can be avoided. Though, I don't really have much faith in him given the fact that he still hasn't posted.

Keytrun, those are some pretty bold statements. Since you got me all figured out, can you tell me why I came back if I have the intentions to scam? It would be much easier for me to just run, so why would I need to buy time or save face?

Tell me why I must appease all YOUR demands with pictures and newspapers, when none of this involves you one bit. By giving me this ultimatum, you’re insinuating that I’ve already scammed or sold stuff I’m holding. I don’t have to prove anything to you. So go ahead, take legal action and throw all your lawyers at me. There are over 100 people that have my person info just on this very forum, I give you permission to contact any of them for it. Before you continue being a hero or internet bully, here are some specific things you should know (I’m now addressing everyone else too):

Besides the 1 person that have already paid me postage cost, I have not collected a single penny from anyone else for parts or services that has not gotten them yet. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. I’ve built a handful of keyboards for free to help people out. But if there is a cost involved, I never ask for payment for the service, parts, or postage until AFTER it’s complete and shipped out. I’ve shipped out a lot of stuff, and there are about a dozen people that still OWE ME a cumulative amount of over $1k, which I have not nagged about.

How does this relate to pasph? This gentlemen has not yet given me any money for assembly of his 3 keyboards, nor postage cost, nor additional parts, because I did not accept his payment until I ship them all out. Still want to call me a scammer? I have not stolen any money or items, it just hasn’t been shipped yet. Yes I’ve had his stuff for a little over ONE year, but during the time I was very active, there were other bottlenecks that were out of my control. I was requested by pasph to hold these items during that time. Again, in these “two years” you haven’t gotten a clue what actually transpired. I suggest you (or anyone else) go dig back to my old posts to find out, I will not be summarizing those events in this post. And for the record, I’ve replied to pasph in PM, before you even posted this rant according to the time stamp.

You don’t have to take my personal RL issues into account, but with just forum matters, you’ve criminalized me without a clue of my public or behind-the-scenes involvement with the community, or on an individual basis. Every assumption you've made is flat out wrong.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 June 2014, 07:59:10 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline pasph

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 09:42:03 »
Ok GH Hero now that you've understandably taken it all out, "This gentlemen" is still quietly (just a little tired of) waiting and rest assured that "he" will give you all the money that are needed and that are little comparing to the value of the items "he" is waiting from you.
Also "he" will request an invoice for those money and a tracked shipping.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 10:51:28 »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 13:15:39 »
Holding someone's personal items that they originally paid for is pretty much equivalent to holding someone's money--this is regarding the statement that someone hasn't paid for additional parts or return shipment.  And it's usually not about money only--it's stressful for the owner as well.  To me there's an easy solution: arrange return shipment without any assembly--just return all the original parts (or ask for additional payment for extra parts) and say that you simply don't have the time to do the modifications or assembly anymore.  I am certain most people would prefer that and would arrange assembly with someone else rather than wait 6+ months.  This applies to a number of people on GH who have offered assembly services and then just got too busy or whatever the excuse.  Instead of shipping everything back, they for some reason chose to hold on to all the parts seemingly indefinitely, thinking that it's somehow better.  It's not.  It's a lot less stressful for everyone to make that trip or two to the post office and just ship everything back.  Obligation off everyone's shoulders, no drama.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 14:59:21 »
Holding someone's personal items that they originally paid for is pretty much equivalent to holding someone's money--this is regarding the statement that someone hasn't paid for additional parts or return shipment.  And it's usually not about money only--it's stressful for the owner as well.  To me there's an easy solution: arrange return shipment without any assembly--just return all the original parts (or ask for additional payment for extra parts) and say that you simply don't have the time to do the modifications or assembly anymore.  I am certain most people would prefer that and would arrange assembly with someone else rather than wait 6+ months.  This applies to a number of people on GH who have offered assembly services and then just got too busy or whatever the excuse.  Instead of shipping everything back, they for some reason chose to hold on to all the parts seemingly indefinitely, thinking that it's somehow better.  It's not.  It's a lot less stressful for everyone to make that trip or two to the post office and just ship everything back.  Obligation off everyone's shoulders, no drama.

Yeah, I second Photoelectric.

If WFD has taken on more than he can handle, the best solution is to offer to ship back or to another person who has the time and willingness.

Don't keep people waiting indefinitely with no communication. Life altering events don't take 2 years to unfold, and even if you are experiencing personal problems you do have obligations to take care of. At most, stuff everything in a box without being assembled or modded and mail it back to the owner.

I think keytrun was a little extreme in talking about legal action. It doesn't seem to be the best solution in this case.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline pasph

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 20:54:10 »
Ok, he has sent me a PM stating he needs 1 or 2 weeks to sort and ship my stuff.
I've lost so much time chasing him through the internet that i can wait 2 weeks more.

3 weeks are gone and still nothing :rolleyes:

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 06:43:21 »

Damn, that's ridiculous
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Donbabbeo

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 12:13:48 »
This situation would be even funny if there weren't involved money (mine too, one of the 3 keybs of pasph is mine)

Offline pasph

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 15:06:10 »

1 month and still nothing

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 15:22:17 »

And after all that bluster earlier.  I really hope this works out for you.

Offline pasph

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 16:30:19 »

2 months and still nothing

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Where is WFD – part III
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 16:50:52 »
"i know who u r
i know what u want
i will check view source
and i will send google streetview images of ur house"

edit: did someone actually get mad at this? should i add ironic quotes for good measure?
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 18:45:06 by paicrai »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/―
    • Mashby
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 18:17:29 »
i know who u r
i know what u want
i will check view source
and i will send google streetview images of ur house

Not cool.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 18:19:27 »
i know who u r
i know what u want
i will check view source
Shut up.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 18:35:33 »

i know who u r
i know what u want
i will check view source
Shut up.
soz...?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:46:05 »
I guess the reference wasn't obvious enough without WFD replying "...good luck"

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 13:11:07 »
Any updates on this?

I really hope you got you stuff back.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 14:53:27 »
WFD is most likely gone for good now. People whose stuff he had possession of should probably just consider it a loss at this point. I predict we won't ever again hear from WFD on this forum in the future. :(
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 14:55:15 »
WFD is most likely gone for good now. People whose stuff he had possession of should probably just consider it a loss at this point. I predict we won't ever again hear from WFD on this forum in the future. :(

poor pas. if i had the money id refund him his loss. been more than a champ waiting for wfd.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 14:58:50 »

poor pas. if i had the money id refund him his loss. been more than a champ waiting for wfd.

Yeah, no joke. What is it you are missing again, pasph? Maybe I can send you a Filco or something.

Edit: found it.

Just for the record he must send to me
1 Vortex alu case
1 Universal TKL plate
3 Phantom kits (pcb, plate, Teensy etc..)

I can't cover all that, but I can send you a Phantom kit and Universal TKL plate. Anyone have a Vortex TKL case they want to donate to the cause? I will accept donations toward restoring (at least some of) pasph's missing goods, and send them on to pasph.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 October 2014, 15:10:41 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 15:24:48 »

Yeah, no joke. What is it you are missing again, pasph? Maybe I can send you a Filco or something.

1 Vortex alu case
1 Universal TKL plate

I can't cover all that, but I can send you a Phantom kit and Universal TKL plate. Anyone have a Vortex TKL case they want to donate to the cause? I will accept donations toward restoring (at least some of) pasph's missing goods, and send them on to pasph.

I have a plate (not universal, I don't think) vintage Browns with Clear for caps and Grey for space and a teensy I can donate.  I just need the PCB (or can send stuff on) and case.  I have Cherry stabilizers on the way and Costar on hand.  The plate was painted (mediocre job since) but I can sand it.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 15:32:40 »

1 Vortex alu case
1 Universal TKL plate

I have $25 I can put towards the vortex case.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 15:55:07 »
I have a plate (not universal, I don't think) vintage Browns with Clear for caps and Grey for space and a teensy I can donate.  I just need the PCB (or can send stuff on) and case.  I have Cherry stabilizers on the way and Costar on hand.  The plate was painted (mediocre job since) but I can sand it.

Great! You can send me anything you wish to donate (Teensy and switches would be especially helpful, as well as stabs). If you need my address, just PM me.

I have $25 I can put towards the vortex case.

Thanks! I will let you know my Paypal in a bit. I will keep donations to pasph in a separate account that I don't use for personal transactions, so it won't be touched until I go to purchase the goods.

in memoriam

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:17:07 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 10:27:27 by esoomenona »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:18:29 »
****ing scamhack....

What color was the Vortex case, and where can it be found for sale?

I think it's the same as the TKL Tex cases on mechanicalkeyboards.com

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:19:50 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 10:27:07 by esoomenona »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:20:05 »
put me down for 50. i started it id be a damn shame if i didnt contribute. ill send you the money after work jd. send me your paypal addy
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline pasph

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:21:55 »
I'm just tired to say "no updates".
Money (all described in OP) lost.
End of the story, life goes on.
Thank you all for your sympathy!

Offline pasph

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:26:05 »
Oh! I was on mobile and hadn't read the last posts. I'm without words...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:28:03 »
These are reasonably priced. I will buy one for pasph. What color? Black, grey, or red.

What a guy! If you want to have it shipped it to me, I can send it on to pasph with the other things we're collecting for him.

put me down for 50. i started it id be a damn shame if i didnt contribute. ill send you the money after work jd. send me your paypal addy

Nice! I'll send you a pm with my PP addy.

in memoriam

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:32:07 »
I'll chip in $20 for whatever else needs to be bought :thumb:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:33:15 »
Put me for $25