Author Topic: Where is WFD – part III  (Read 26385 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Where is WFD – part III
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:42:55 »
Whatever funds I receive will go toward purchasing Phantom PCBs, Teensys, etc. for pasph, and to cover international shipping costs. Any amount over the actual amount spent will be transferred directly to pasph. :)

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:51:13 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:57:27 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 10:02:37 by esoomenona »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:38:04 »
I'm pretty low on cash right now (the hardships of being a college student) but I'll see if I can scrape some money together. :thumb: I know how it feels to have an unresponsive person holding on to your goods. :mad:

Offline pasph

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:50:33 »
Ok, you all...have really, genuinely moved me and this, believe me, is a not so easy task.
This is an incredible demonstration of the meaning of community, of the thing that creates it and holds it together through time.

My poor english does not allow me to better express my gratitude and my pride in being part of this community (from 3 years now) and i have to admit that i'm a little confused right now.

Thanks, from my heart to you amazing people,
Maurizio.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 18:06:41 »
Whatever funds I receive will go toward purchasing Phantom PCBs, Teensys, etc. for pasph, and to cover international shipping costs. Any amount over the actual amount spent will be transferred directly to pasph. :)

Show Image

Show Image

sent
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 18:10:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

oi sent.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:25:10 »
I'll have some spare Phantom plates by the end of the week and would happily donate one to the cause. If that's not needed I can definitely swing some cash to help cover the cost of something else.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:39:27 »
I'll have some spare Phantom plates by the end of the week and would happily donate one to the cause. If that's not needed I can definitely swing some cash to help cover the cost of something else.

I can't speak for pasph, but I think a spare Phantom plate would be a great donation, strict. It definitely goes with the spirit of our efforts to restore the things pasph lost.

And thanks to everyone who has donated to the cause so far!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:53:38 »
I can't speak for pasph, but I think a spare Phantom plate would be a great donation, strict. It definitely goes with the spirit of our efforts to restore the things pasph lost.

Jest let me know what layout (125, 150, 7bit) and where to send it  :thumb:

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:07:29 »
Its not much, but I sent a few bucks.

Honestly; unless WFD had something earth shattering happen this is unforgivable. I hope this never happens to anyone but if his family all perished in a crazy accident, and he is having trouble just getting up in the morning, then I can understand. however: if his reasoning is something like his 90+ year old grandmother passing away, a pet getting sick, losing a job, or being kicked out of school, this guy is just a lying scum-bag. I'll say it again his misfortunes better be earth shattering.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline pasph

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 05:02:47 »

Jest let me know what layout (125, 150, 7bit) and where to send it  :thumb:

Everything Phantom's related is very welcome!
PM sent.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 05:13:48 »
Tried to donate using the link but it didn't work, if someone can pm me the PayPal address I'll be happy to throw $10 in.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 05:28:34 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 08:44:26 »
Hmmm, strange to me that donations sent via the button I created have fees deducted by Paypal, but donations sent directly to my email address have no fees. Typical Paypal.

Anyway, thanks on behalf of pasph for the donations and pledged donations so far. You guys are awesome!

in memoriam

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 09:11:09 »
If the phantom needs to be assembled I can do that no problem and for no charge :)

Just lemme know. I got stabs and electronics here that I can provide for free. I got zero money (no kidding, literally zero in the bank) at the moment so I can't help out with money but I am willing to help out with my abilities and any of the stuff I have to hand in stock (stabs, electronics, etc)
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 09:13:05 by margo baggins »
I got boards.

Offline iri

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 09:33:27 »
I got zero money (no kidding, literally zero in the bank)
but you might have a pile of cash in your backyard, sweetie
 :-X
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Donbabbeo

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:37:12 »
I'm speechless, i can't believe what you guys are doing.
Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Full disclosure: one of the pasph's Phantom is mine  ;D

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 14:31:43 »
Faith in geekhack restored.

Offline pasph

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 17:32:53 »

"Faith in geekhack" has never been lost

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 02:12:56 »

"Faith in geekhack" has never been lost
It's highly commendable of you to be so positive after what you've been through.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 02:20:35 »
Just a question, what if, just what if WFD comes back and returns the stuff to everyone (including pasph), what will pasph do with the donations? Just curious, no malice intended. :)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 02:25:40 »
Frosty, methinks that when that happens, look out above in case some airborne pig decides to do its business on your head.  :p
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline brialona

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 02:44:57 »
Wow this wfd guy....... Doesn't anyone here live around him to get back the keyboards in person?
ozil

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 03:01:37 »
Read the thread, Donated 5$ Hope it helps. You are a good guy pasph!

Offline Saviant

Where is WFD – part III
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 03:37:12 »
Well looks like I lost my phantom board, teensy, 2 plates aswell as my Filco TKL board. Had a feeling I would never see any of it again, it hurts so much to be out of pocket by that sort of money.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 October 2014, 03:49:29 by Saviant »

Offline pasph

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 09:58:50 »
Well looks like I lost my phantom board, teensy, 2 plates aswell as my Filco TKL board. Had a feeling I would never see any of it again, it hurts so much to be out of pocket by that sort of money.

We can divide the donations among all the "victims"

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 11:43:55 »
Update: To date, I have received for pasph $105 in monetary donations; a Vortex TKL case from esoomenona; a plate, switches, and Costar stabs from nubbinator; and I personally will be donating a Phantom PCB, a Universal TKL plate, a Teensy, and some switches. I used the donated funds to purchase pasph 2 more Phantom PCBs and Teensys. Member strict will be sending pasph a Phantom plate separately.

Anyone wishing to donate for Saviant, please contact me, and I will see what we can do to restore his things, as well. Also, monetary donations toward international shipping for pasph are still welcome.

Thanks again to everyone who donated so far!

in memoriam

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 21:30:59 »
And this is why I love Geekhack. I'm a bit tight on money right now but give me a PayPal address and I will happily donate some money for the cause.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien