Author Topic: Post your watch!  (Read 416179 times)

Offline bexleycorona

Re: Post your watch!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 18:58:18 »
Wearing this today:

Show Image

Planning on doing this to it soon...

Show Image

Nice on!  :thumb:

Do you have a Frogman yourself?

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline hehenri

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 02:28:52 »
Wearing this today:

Show Image

Planning on doing this to it soon...

Show Image

Nice on!  :thumb:

Do you have a Frogman yourself?

Nope, I have a mudman! :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 03:13:45 »
Just curious - those with the bigger, heavier watches - do they tend to throw your balance off while typing?

Back when I used to wear a watch, I found that it did, and I preferred to remove the watch whilst typing.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 03:28:19 »
Just curious - those with the bigger, heavier watches - do they tend to throw your balance off while typing?

Back when I used to wear a watch, I found that it did, and I preferred to remove the watch whilst typing.

I stopped wearing mine because it was just too big and clunky, plus middle dial digs into the back of my hand like someone's fingernail. Otherwise a great watch though :))

65859-0

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 05:26:43 »

I take off my watch when I'm at home. No need to wear one as there are several devices displaying time around me already, don't need something on my arm as well.
Although going outside without a watch feels weird, not so much when I used my Casio watch, but the ME watch is pretty heavy, so if I forget to put it on the absence of weight feels weird. Even if I'm just going down to pick up a package or something.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 06:54:25 »
I stopped wearing a watch years ago partly due to the weight imbalance it was causing while typing, and also because I started carrying around other devices with time on them - a pen, a PDA, iPod touch and so on.

Do all you with these fancy watches actually wear them on a regular basis?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 07:01:23 »
My Steinhart OVM

I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 07:08:03 »
I stopped wearing a watch years ago partly due to the weight imbalance it was causing while typing, and also because I started carrying around other devices with time on them - a pen, a PDA, iPod touch and so on.

There was a period where I didn't wear a watch because I was using my phone, but sometime during winter I found it too much hassle to dig into my pockets to find my phone, so I started wearing a watch again, and since then I've worn one every time I leave the flat.

I also find that analogue clock faces are better for me; it takes me a tiny bit longer to tell what time it is, but when the time is laid out like that it makes it far easier to grasp how long for instance 10 or 15 minutes is, which makes it easier to plan ahead.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 07:11:02 »

There was a period where I didn't wear a watch because I was using my phone, but sometime during winter I found it too much hassle to dig into my pockets to find my phone, so I started wearing a watch again, and since then I've worn one every time I leave the flat.

I also find that analogue clock faces are better for me; it takes me a tiny bit longer to tell what time it is, but when the time is laid out like that it makes it far easier to grasp how long for instance 10 or 15 minutes is, which makes it easier to plan ahead.

That's a good observation about the layout - with an analog watch or clock I guess you can better see time moving away and value it more.

I notice that the good majority of watches in this thread are analog :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 07:42:29 »

In all honesty, I only wear my watch as a fashion accessory in about 98% of situations. The only time it really come in handy on a regular basis is when I'm on my bike and can't get to my pockets to check my phone.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 09:29:37 »

I tend to forget I'm. Wearing a watch most the time but also depends on the strap also

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:36:31 »
My other two watches:

The Tissot watch needs new batteries, should probably get around to that soon.

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 12:15:28 »
My other two watches:

Show Image

The Tissot watch needs new batteries, should probably get around to that soon.

Very classy! I'm thinking of getting that Casio myself!

My Oris Diver for today!

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 20:58:28 »
Do more people prefer rubber straps or metal straps?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 23:57:58 »

Rubber is more comfortable IMO but metal is really convenient in that it's already on my ideal length setting and it's a little faster to put on.

Very classy! I'm thinking of getting that Casio myself!

My Oris Diver for today!

Show Image

Ooh, pretty. Nice watch!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 00:15:59 »

Leather or metal, rubber makes my wrist smelly and collects dirt under the band.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 01:41:30 »

I usually take my watches off when I am at the desk. It is also more comfortable this way during the hotter months with bracelets. Straps isn't for me during hotter months, since they don't balance on the wrist well with heavier watch heads, and flops a bit if you don't wear them tight enough. Tight + heat = sweat = no thanks :) No specific preferences in the winter... except metal band is awfully cold in the morning.

1 thing I never understood is NATO straps. Way to make your expensive watches look like a 5 dollar Walmart special. May be it is just me.

Offline hehenri

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 01:57:02 »

Rubber or leather. I really don't like metal straps!

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 02:51:08 »
I like all three for different reasons.

Rubber: Straps like the Isofrane are great since they conform to your wrist, don't gather dust and work well for swimming. The problem is they don't breathe well so it gets all sticky and yucky during summer.

Leather: Looks great under the cuff and a nice croc or alligator works well with the suit. Unfortunately you have to be careful because it can offend some people who are against wearing leather.

Metal: It's a bit more flashy and rugged. Easy to change links and you can use a diver's extension.

Nato/Zulu: Very comfortable, breathes, and security if you're diving. If one lug breaks you still have the watch head.

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 02:51:29 »

Tag Heuer Aquaracer.

My bother hobby is watches.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 03:00:58 »

If I buy a watch and it doesn't have a metal band that gets replaced before I even wear it.  I have tried Nato, rubber, and leather.  I just don't like my watch fitting that tight. 

I have one of these with a third party black metal band

Also a swatch I bought in England during a port visit in the Navy.  Though that one needs a new band and to find somewhere that can polish the scratches out of the crystal on the face.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 May 2014, 22:26:00 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 07:40:06 »

I generally prefer the feel and fit of metal, but it really depends on how the watch housing looks. Even though all my current watches are metal I generally don't like the oval shape the watch housing gets with metal straps, with nato straps the housing usually looks a lot more circular.

So most of my future watches will probably have nato straps, possibly leather, but I mostly prefer the nato look.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 21:34:27 »
Just to be a trendy contrarian, I am wearing a strappy watch today: BN0000. Pix later.

66126-0
What has been seen cannot be unseen. Someone noted the phallic looking hour and minute hands... Those asses.

66128-1
The reason I bought it. Monolithic case = win.

This is one of my "smaller" watches @ 41mm diameter. The thick bezel + the chapter ring makes the actual dial very small at 22mm. It looks tiny on the wrist despite 41mm should make it a medium sized watch. It is thin but have a very deep looking dial. I just wish it was a 43mm-44mm watch. It would look just right on the wrist. Bezel action is really nice for a Citizen 60 click bezel.

edit v2:
Have I ever mention that I love black and orange?
66254-2
badly cropped because mainputer is down and I am on the tab.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 08:13:57 by laffindude »

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 04:55:47 »
I took a photo a couple of days ago but never posted it.

66244-0
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:21:53 »
And here's mine:

66776-0

I probably wear it more than I should, but it's my only watch, so.... At least I know it's good quality and it will last. There's also some history attached to the watch, it means quite a lot to me.

@laffindude, from the keycaps visible in the pic you can probably tell I like black and orange, too  ;)
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 10:05:22 »
I love Omegas. Mine was stolen years back. Can't bring myself to get another... May be a Planet Ocean...

PS, Black and orange?
66792-0
The best G-Shock Aviator IMO. Why strong lume when it's got on board UV LED to charge the lume ;)
Excuse the potato pix
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 June 2014, 10:19:24 by laffindude »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 14:24:13 »
The G-Shock Aviator is nice, but that Planet Ocean.... Oh my... I haven't desired another watch since I got the Railmaster, but now... hmmm..

<You have good taste, sir. My Steelseries mousepad is just out of frame>
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline hehenri

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 15:21:30 »
I love Omegas. Mine was stolen years back. Can't bring myself to get another... May be a Planet Ocean...

PS, Black and orange?
(Attachment Link)
The best G-Shock Aviator IMO. Why strong lume when it's got on board UV LED to charge the lume ;)
Excuse the potato pix

That Aviation is awesome! Maybe my Mudman will be replaced  :))

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 19:54:39 »

PS, Black and orange?
(Attachment Link)
Excuse the potato pix
That's amazing!

I've been looking at the edifice series for sometime now.... My G may be replaced next year lol

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 09:32:26 »
I love you guys. I'll do a Proper lume pix when I get around to it ;o
While nice watches are nice. Inexpensive watches really allow some variety on the wrist. Much more fun ;D

@ hehenri: G-9000 Mudman is awesome:
66879-0
Lazy pix again.

Offline Zeroblade

• Twitter
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 14:11:50 »

3 geeky hobbies all in a single picture
All of which are guaranteed to destroy any financial reserves you'd even hope to build up
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 June 2014, 14:16:16 by Zeroblade »

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 14:13:56 »
Hipster... Using that fountain pen lol.  :p

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 16:32:29 »
Show Image

All of which are guaranteed to destroy any financial reserves you'd even hope to build up

Very beautiful! You have great taste in your selection.

Can you share the model numbers for the Omas and Bulova?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 16:33:20 »
Indeed, tell us more about the Omas. I've recently been getting into fountain pens too :D.

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 18:49:39 »
Indeed, tell us more about the Omas. I've recently been getting into fountain pens too :D.

I just realized it says the model on the barrel. Omas Milord.

http://www.nibs.com/OmasMilord2005.htm

Offline Zeroblade

• Twitter
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 23:04:47 »
Show Image

Sure!

The Bulova is a Bulova 46981 Diver's watch. It's basically a copy homage of Rolex's iconic Submariner II.
It's my daily beater watch which is why the bezel is so scratched up, the date cyclops is chipped, and so on... I don't have any nicer watches yet LOL

The Omas is, as you've seen,  a Milord. Specifically, it's a 90s version (slightly newer ones have a roller wheel at the clip, and the current models are much larger, heavier, and made of other materials). The nib is an extra fine that can flex quite decently; one of my favorite pens in the bunch.

PS: Is there a topic in one of the subforums here to discuss FPs? Perhaps I've missed it.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 23:06:50 »
Show Image

Sure!

The Bulova is a Bulova 46981 Diver's watch. It's basically a copy homage of Rolex's iconic Submariner II.
It's my daily beater watch which is why the bezel is so scratched up, the date cyclops is chipped, and so on... I don't have any nicer watches yet LOL

The Omas is, as you've seen,  a Milord. Specifically, it's a 90s version (slightly newer ones have a roller wheel at the clip, and the current models are much larger, heavier, and made of other materials). The nib is an extra fine that can flex quite decently; one of my favorite pens in the bunch.

Show Image

PS: Is there a topic in one of the subforums here to discuss FPs? Perhaps I've missed it.

There are several threads about writing, I don't have links to any right now, but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 23:10:28 »
I love a blue watch face which is why this Great Blue Seiko range is my absolute favourite.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 08:35:32 »

Show Image

Wow that flex looks really nice. Nice handwriting too. I'm trying to level mine up.

There's this fine art of writing thread and favorite pens/pencils threads. But they're pretty dead. It'd be fun to have an active discussion on FPs.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 12:52:16 »
I love a blue watch face which is why this Great Blue Seiko range is my absolute favourite.
Show Image

I love blue faced watches... That certainly looks sexy lol

Offline qwack

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 17:34:04 »
My daily wear, a Seiko "Sumo":

My other favorite, a Seiko "Monster", usually worrn as a toolwatch:

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 10:08:21 »
GA1000 lume as promised:
67286-0

Bonus:
Baby tuna
67288-1
Prefer to call it shrouded monster.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 June 2014, 10:11:49 by laffindude »

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 18:33:20 »
You guys have some extremely impressive Seikos!

That baby tuna is fantastic.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 04:47:39 »
I love Seiko Divers. They have this quirky charm. Most importantly, they mostly come with drilled through lugs.
Love almost everything about the Sumo, except that bezel insert. Need to overcome that mental blockage before adding one to the stable. I love the semi shrouded look on divers.

Edit:
watch setting day of the week. My G-9000 is still <1 sec off since setting it 3 months ago... my most inexpensive watch is the time reference. Rest of the quartz are doing about +1s/week.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 June 2014, 07:48:02 by laffindude »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 11:20:32 »

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 12:15:04 »
I have one of these.

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 07:18:18 »
It's big. It's orange. It's mine.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 10:40:13 »

Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:17:42 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Classic binary watch, hardcore geek item. Although I can see why seven segment displays would be more popular generally....
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:22:36 »
Here's my everyday. Nice enough to wear with just about anything. I'm currently waiting to see if I get in on the Razer Nabu beta, which if I do, this will be taking a back seat for a while.

Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |