Author Topic: [IC] Cherry dyesub full sets v4  (Read 121764 times)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: [IC] Cherry dyesub full sets v4
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 11:54:19 »
Could we have some more interesting colours other than Miami?
Maybe some Olivetti or wyse themes?
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #401 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 12:09:46 »
For sure. That's what this thread is for. I'll try to come up with stuff but I always like to move on good ideas from others too.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #402 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 12:14:18 »
Why not step out from what's been done and do Arabic or Thai sublegends?  Or go full nerd and do Klingon or sonething.

Cyrillic is awesome, but variety is better.

Offline Motan22

« Reply #403 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 12:16:30 »
I would personally be really keen to see a Miami Odessa rerun with the original cherry font and cyrillic.

I think the set would come alive if a deeper and more bold shade of teal was used though. The original run looks far too light to my eyes.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #404 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 12:25:52 »
I particularly like the old Triumph Adler Alpha caps with the dark green legends.  Could use the lime green for the sub legending too.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #405 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 12:34:13 »
Why not step out from what's been done and do Arabic or Thai sublegends?  Or go full nerd and do Klingon or sonething.
Agreed, but keep in mind that people have to want to buy it. I mean I would love Arabic or Thai but if the local people that actually use it cannot afford it and the rest of the world is not interested if the colour scheme is not interesting enough the GB will become a dud.

That being said, we have had:

Standard Cyrillic

Ural - US/RU - ANSI

Miami (Odessa Mix) Limited - US/UA - ANSI

Cherry black on black RU dyesub

And while I love the colour schemes, I would probably like some newer legends next time. There have been calls for Hindi, Arabic and Mandarin.
How about Korean?  :thumb:

I would personally be really keen to see a Miami Odessa rerun with the original cherry font and cyrillic.
I think the set would come alive if a deeper and more bold shade of teal was used though. The original run looks far too light to my eyes.
It was supposed to be a bright Cyan and the red more Magenta but the dyesub place wasn't able to. They quoted temperatures being too high for a good print as a reason. Then again the same thing happened with the novelty run of the 'I'm in Miami *****!' key so I think it is probably simply a limitation of that way of printing.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 12:36:43 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline aicrono

• A Touching Experience
« Reply #406 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 12:35:11 »
I know I am a little late to the party, but would anyone else be interested in a Jet Set Radio / Jet Grind Radio colorway/set? I think it would be popular with all the people who are tired of the same 'bland' colors and sets.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #407 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 12:41:22 »
How about a... Handarbeit Dyesub! So white keys, black Qwerty legends but the second legends in this colour scheme:
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline phearboner

« Reply #408 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 13:00:41 »
I personally don't mind what language it is (prefer Mandarin) but just really like the blue and pink sub legend idea.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #409 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 13:29:47 »

I don't like the way Thai looks as a language, but arabic is beautiful
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #410 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 13:33:23 »
Full Chaos mode:
English (international) :P
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #411 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 13:34:47 »
Full Chaos mode:
Show Image

I'm not gonna lie, I would buy the **** out of that set
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #412 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:05:40 »
I suppose we could do a 'negative' of the handarbeit so the colors of the keys become the legend color. Would be easy enough and might be good enough for those that want it since I am not thinking it will have enough orders to be remade with GMK any time soon.

I'm up for offering anything that has enough support. My main goal though is to do some different stuff instead of keep rerunning the same same each time though.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #413 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:23:50 »
I like the idea of inverse handarbeit, and japanese hira/katakana has always been thrown around but never done

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #414 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:56:22 »
Full Chaos mode:
Show Image

Yuuuuup, me too.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
« Reply #415 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 15:42:58 »
I suppose we could do a 'negative' of the handarbeit so the colors of the keys become the legend color. Would be easy enough and might be good enough for those that want it since I am not thinking it will have enough orders to be remade with GMK any time soon.

I'm up for offering anything that has enough support. My main goal though is to do some different stuff instead of keep rerunning the same same each time though.

This would be a pretty cool set.  Personally, I've wanted a gray set with pink and purple sub-legends for a while, now.  I suppose it's too similar to Dolch, though, which we're all a bit sick of, I imagine.  Maybe different shades of gray?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 16:27:53 »
Really hope this get's run again sometime in the future.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #417 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 16:56:50 »
Show Image

I do really like the two colours on the modifiers. I hope we can do that on future sets as well. I don't recall any real-life pictures of that set though.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #418 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 17:01:49 »
Show Image

I do really like the two colours on the modifiers. I hope we can do that on future sets as well. I don't recall any real-life pictures of that set though.

I saw one picture of it in the classifieds, and it looked great.  Just have to make sure that we get the correct color full touch caps lock caps next time.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #419 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 18:21:22 »
Full Chaos mode:
Show Image

That website has a ton of layouts for other languages as well. Quite interesting too.

His idea on the 'improved' US International layout:
This is an enhanced version of the Windows “United States” standard keyboard. It supplements the original layout with a multitude of additional symbols entered using the right-hand Alt key (also known as “Alt Gr”).
This layout is intended for those people who want to have a standard keyboard and still be able to type words like “naďve,” “café,” or “façade,” and occasionally proper names like Nćrřyfjord, Nǃxau ǂToma, or Tȟašúƞke Witkó, or even individual phrases and short texts in foreign languages without switching a layout. It provides support for the vast majority of letters and special symbols used in contemporary languages with Latin-based alphabets, among them:
letters for virtually all contemporary European languages, including accented Serbo-Croatian, Skolt Sami, and Turkish (lack of complete support is only observed for a couple of very exotic letters with double diacritics, which may nevertheless be input using combining diacritical marks);
a multitude of typographical symbols, including a complete set of English, French, and German quotation marks, “em” and “en” dashes, Spanish inverted punctuation marks, copyright and trade mark signs, common currency signs, and others;
Vietnamese letters and letters of the Chinese phonetic system (pīnyīn), with tone diacritics;
special letters used in African languages, and also in languages of indigenous people of Americas and Australia, including symbols for African click consonants and letters for the African reference alphabet (within the limitations of the Unicode character set);
letters of the International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration (IAST) as well as special symbols used in romanizations of Arabic and Hebrew;
a limited subset of International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) for English, German, and French (including symbols used to denote long sounds and stress);
contemporary Greek letters (without diacritics).
The biggest problem is finding an alternative layout that has functions on every key and thus still offer a chance to have multiple colours without looking downright ugly and cluttered on a board.
I understand now why Ivan chose Cyrillic for his previous colourful sets.

Standard US International for example looks like this:

Note the missing extras on the FGHJKXVB keys.

So let's say for a moment we do Handarbeit. (Excuse the Paint Job ;) ) I took Originative's interpretation as a basis but I am sure we can shift things around a bit.

It's actually quite a classy set without the searing brightness that regular Handarbeit would be.

Or with US International additions. (took the negative colour for the alternative legends.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 18:24:05 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #420 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 19:02:46 »

Show Image

If a two tone set does end up getting made please be aware that the mock up didn't complete match what was produced.  The set did not have a center stem caps lock key that matches the normal color scheme. They looked like this.

Still disappointed by this. Any chance of getting a run of a center stem capslocks in the correct color?
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 19:04:46 by xavierblak »

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #421 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 19:14:23 »
What if you do Cyrillic but have it be the primary with English secondaries...that would be cool.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #422 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 21:43:29 »
Go oldschool?

Offline renne

« Reply #423 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 21:46:18 »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #424 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 21:47:02 »
No no... I mean with the legends layout. Old Soviet standard.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #425 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 01:34:00 »
If people are going to suggest silly, why not something like this:

Personally, I'd love straight up arabic subs like in these pics (source):

And I still think a Thai sublegend would be kickass:

Offline redskull

« Reply #426 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 06:58:33 »
arabic seems to have quite some demand. really hope it gets done.

sorry if i missed it, but these will be bsp with imsto dyesubs eh Ivan?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #427 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 13:39:11 »

pls no

BSP means they're gonna be stupidly expensive and not even work on 1.25x mods

not a good idea

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 13:44:21 »
I'll use KBC like the last 3 times.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:14:50 »

If it's a set with beige/grey mods, will they be able to make the full touch caps lock the correct color this time around?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #430 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 01:25:35 »

If it's a set with beige/grey mods, will they be able to make the full touch caps lock the correct color this time around?

That's a really important detail for the upcoming GB!

I haven't used any of the 4 sets I bought from the last GB because of this screw up.

I will build a Phantom for these sets so I can use the stepped capslock key instead  :p

Offline divito

« Reply #431 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 01:59:33 »
Blanks -_-
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline feizor

« Reply #432 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 02:43:36 »
Blanks -_-

No such thing as dye sub blanks ?

Offline divito

« Reply #433 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 03:05:52 »

Lol, dye sub the top portion all one color?

Offline feizor

« Reply #434 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 03:06:47 »

Lol, dye sub the top portion all one color?

Touche

Offline redskull

« Reply #435 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 05:29:25 »

pls no

not a good idea

meaning only 87 layout? how about winkeyless mods and spacebars?

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #436 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 09:28:54 »
classic beige blanks, classic beige us and classic beige hangul are my votes in order or preference if there happens to be a poll of some sorts :D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #437 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 10:01:07 »

pls no

not a good idea

meaning only 87 layout? how about winkeyless mods and spacebars?

Didn't R2 have WKL stuff?

I'm kind of hazy on that...

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #438 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 10:06:02 »
Round 2 was regular 104 fullsize ANSI keysets plus a stepped capslock key. No Tsangan or ISO keys.

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #439 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 10:06:54 »
Didn't R2 have WKL stuff?

I'm kind of hazy on that...
None of them have wkl modifier keys in previous 2 rounds, even round 3 doesn't have too.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #440 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 10:13:40 »
that sucks

that's only something like 15-20% of users at most, but that's 15-20% less awesome for MOQ

oh well

Offline divito

« Reply #441 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 11:45:09 »
CTRL-ALT's mini buy key cap count covers more of the population, no? What about something like that?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #442 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 12:10:05 »
CTRL-ALT's mini buy key cap count covers more of the population, no? What about something like that?

MOQ is too big

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #443 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 12:53:16 »
Can't offer key sizes the factory doesn't have.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #444 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 14:10:15 »
Can't offer key sizes the factory doesn't have.

i figured that was a given

Offline justnits

« Reply #445 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 21:14:37 »

i really like this dual colour setting on the mod keys, alpha and numpads.
haven't seen light blue sublegend yet :P
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #446 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 22:09:15 »
Show Image

Love the matching Cherries for the win keys also.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #447 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 22:17:45 »
Show Image

Blue legends with orange sublegends would be sick!
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline ConscienceDrop

• a-are these pbt?
« Reply #448 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 22:42:06 »
Go oldschool?
Show Image

i have been wanting a super old looking set like this. it is impossible to find one that looks properly old like this, and the worst is sometimes they have a newer windows logo.

i would love something like this! can it be PBT?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #449 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 23:18:55 »
Love the matching Cherries for the win keys also.

Ditto  :thumb: .  Love to buy some Cherry ONLY (win placement) keys simply because I would rather adore a Cherry symbol than puke at another Windows Logo.