Author Topic: toxic gb toxic bb info  (Read 236885 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
toxic gb toxic bb info
« on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:15:57 »

toxic bro bot set rules

how to buy your toxic brobot pack with the toxic groupbuy when it launches

when you place your order, if you would like to opt in for a chance at the brobot pack, please write in the notes, whether you would like either the topre or mx variant
if you get accepted, you will receive a separate invoice for these as well as being informed via pm prior to invoice going out

rules

only 1 pack per order, no exceptions
if you are seen to sell or trade your bots prior to them shipping, your pack will be removed from your order and relevent money will be refunded
only paid orders will be eligible for the pack, shortly after you place your order, if you dont pay at checkout, you will be sent an invoice, if this is not paid within 7 days of the buy launching, you will not be eligible, this is to prevent people ordering just to see if they get a pack
your order must contain at least a tenkeyless set (alphas and mods)
people who get in to the bot pack, will be informed 7 days after the buy starts, once you have been informed, you will be invoiced, you will then have 7 days to pay, after that, your spot will move on to the next in line if your invoice hasn't been paid
anyone seen to be applying more than once or using any other method to increase there chances or get more than one pack, will be disqualified

sorry to put such rules in place, but these arent here to try and make things difficult, they are there purely to give as many people the chance to get in as possible, and prevent people trying to abuse the situation

aside from that

good luck

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:27:02 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
Re: toxic gb toxic bb info
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:18:53 »
how to place an order?
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:19:39 »
how to place an order?

when the groupbuy launches, there will be a link to where you can order

the buy will most likely launch on wednesday

Offline Belfong

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:22:58 »
Wednesday UK time? Meaning at the turn of your midnight?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:24:19 »
Wednesday UK time? Meaning at the turn of your midnight?

no

we havent announced time yet

we will closer to the time

we are trying to get the site ready for people to be able to pay at checkout

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:26:29 »
when you place your order, if you would like to opt in for a chance at the brobot pack, please write in the notes, whether you would like either the toxic or mx variant

I assume that should be Topre or MX variant :)

yes sorry ill edit now
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:26:49 by BunnyLake »

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:27:27 »
Can we buy within first 24 hours and still be eligible? Just wanted to know if I will need to stay up if the time requires me too?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:28:30 »

Please do that.  Nothing more embarrassing than having super huge interest in this but no way in hell of paying for it  :o .

I still trust you to get everything ready before the deadline, even if it doesn't make it this Wednesday we will all be patiently waiting for this Group Buy to happen  8) .

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:30:47 »
Can we buy within first 24 hours and still be eligible? Just wanted to know if I will need to stay up if the time requires me too?

yes

of course the numbers are limited, so the earlier the better, but we wil ldo our best to make sure the timezone issue isnt a huge factor

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:30:58 »

Please do that.  Nothing more embarrassing than having super huge interest in this but no way in hell of paying for it  :o .

I still trust you to get everything ready before the deadline, even if it doesn't make it this Wednesday we will all be patiently waiting for this Group Buy to happen  8) .

if its not ready, we will jsut invoice

Offline Belfong

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:37:50 »
I read through the rules a couple of times but I wasn't clear. If I am into the group buy because of Brobots, but turned out I didn't get Brobots, I can still opt out of the GB right?

I am into Topre and would like to reduce my MX key caps but I just can't resist the Toxic Brobots.. so am willing to buy this set just for the BB.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:41:44 »
Seems very fair looks better for some as well as it sounds more like a raffle than a straight up sale, so at least everyone gets a good chance which is always good :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:43:01 »
I read through the rules a couple of times but I wasn't clear. If I am into the group buy because of Brobots, but turned out I didn't get Brobots, I can still opt out of the GB right?

I am into Topre and would like to reduce my MX key caps but I just can't resist the Toxic Brobots.. so am willing to buy this set just for the BB.

no

this set is only for people participating in the gb, and as stated above, you will only be informed if you get in after the order is paid to prevent this very thing

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:44:04 »
Seems very fair looks better for some as well as it sounds more like a raffle than a straight up sale, so at least everyone gets a good chance which is always good :)

not really a raffle, it will still be first come first served pretty much of the people that meet the criteria

Offline Belfong

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:45:57 »

not really a raffle, it will still be first come first served pretty much of the people that meet the criteria
Loud and clear, Bunny. Thanks!

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:48:41 »

Was hoping for a raffle at least within a rough timeframe, like orders within the first 12-24 hours.

Hopefully I am awake when the gb kicks off.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:49:08 »

Was hoping for a raffle at least within a rough timeframe, like orders within the first 12-24 hours.

Hopefully I am awake when the gb kicks off.

there will be notice of it going live

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:52:58 »
Cool.

Hopefully an aus friendly time ;).

Although I expect it will be unlikely.

Offline nereme

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:55:33 »
I can't wait for this.

Hopefully can finally get some bro-bots with this buy

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:59:23 »
Price of Brobot pack?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:00:49 »
Price of Brobot pack?

If you have to ask...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:02:27 »
Price of Brobot pack?

will be announced time of sale

although if you look at the cost of a brobot from a bro caps sale and double it, as you are getting 2, you are gonna be pretty close to the price

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:03:12 »
Price of Brobot pack?

If you have to ask...

Be nice us South African's have a currency that's worth less everyday, we have to watch our wallet hurt  ;D

Offline Belfong

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:04:48 »
Price of Brobot pack?

although if you look at the cost of a brobot from a bro caps sale and double it, as you are getting 2, you are gonna be pretty close to the price
And don't forget to add shipping especially for INTL guys because, and I am assuming here, that the Toxic keys and the Toxic Bro are shipped from two different places.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:05:49 »
Price of Brobot pack?

And don't forget to add shipping especially for INTL guys because, and I am assuming here, that the Toxic keys and the Toxic Bro are shipped from two different places.

you are wrong to assume this

they will be shipped to you with your order

Offline Belfong

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:09:45 »
Price of Brobot pack?

This is one time I am glad to be wrong  :thumb: :thumb:
So it is just one shipping cost.... now, this is tempting, Bunny!  :eek: :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:11:11 »
Price of Brobot pack?

This is one time I am glad to be wrong  :thumb: :thumb:
So it is just one shipping cost.... now, this is tempting, Bunny!  :eek: :thumb:

yes

just our standing shipping across yoru whole order, 7.50 conus/15 international no matter what you order

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:26:35 »
Price of Brobot pack?

If you have to ask...

Be nice us South African's have a currency that's worth less everyday, we have to watch our wallet hurt  ;D

I'm back in India, have to change the location. But the same can be said about or currency, dem fluctuations

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:17:03 »
Nooice

Offline Exroath

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:24:42 »
Quick question, I planned on buying the 60% set with cable.. I take it thats too low a set to have a chance at the bro pack?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:28:41 »
Quick question, I planned on buying the 60% set with cable.. I take it thats too low a set to have a chance at the bro pack?

there isnt a 60% set sir

not sure where you got that info good sir

Offline Exroath

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 11:03:20 »
Ah my mistake :P I just saw a mockup that looked like 60% .. No worries tenkeyless will work :D

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 13:48:52 »
only paid orders will be eligible for the pack, shortly after you place your order, if you dont pay at checkout, you will be sent an invoice, if this is not paid within 7 days of the buy launching, you will not be eligible, this is to prevent people ordering just to see if they get a pack

Hey Bunny, does paying upon checkout vs. getting invoiced (and paying within 7 days of launch) make a difference for our order ranking?  From what you've posted, it sounds like it doesn't, and we just have to make sure we're paid up either way to be eligible.  Is this correct?  Thanks!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 13:51:42 »

Hey Bunny, does paying upon checkout vs. getting invoiced (and paying within 7 days of launch) make a difference for our order ranking?  From what you've posted, it sounds like it doesn't, and we just have to make sure we're paid up either way to be eligible.  Is this correct?  Thanks!

yes time of payment will not be taken into account, just that payment has occurred within 7 days

basically, what we didnt want happening is people placing orders just to try and get the bots, and then not being interested in ordering should they not get in, this is simply put in place to ensure people want some nice matching bots to go with their set get them, rather than people just trying to get the bots

Offline Belfong

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:47:34 »
Is there going to be matching mini USB cable?

Offline sockit2me

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:50:38 »
Will it be necessary to purchase the full set or are we able to purchase the smaller sets (my eyes are on the modifier set) to be still elligble? Thanks!

Offline Snooter

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:56:55 »
Is there going to be matching mini USB cable?

Yes, there is going to be a USB cable available made from MDPC Toxic Green sleeving. http://en.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-sleeve/sleeve/sleeve-small-toxic-green.htm

Offline Snooter

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:57:36 »
Will it be necessary to purchase the full set or are we able to purchase the smaller sets (my eyes are on the modifier set) to be still elligble? Thanks!

This question is answered in the very first post which outline the rules of eligibility.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:13:54 »

Well you should enjoy our worthless currency the Australian Dollar about as reliable as the Paraguayan Guarani.

So relax, most of us sad Internationals are stuck in countries that are virtually worthless in this world and our currencies match them perfectly  :-[ .  I am use to the scalping that goes on when dealing with our useless currency.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 21:36:35 »
If we're not certain whether or not we are going to want the brobots, can we opt in and opt out later, so long as we meet the other requirements?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 22:07:00 »
If we're not certain whether or not we are going to want the brobots, can we opt in and opt out later, so long as we meet the other requirements?

"not certain if you want a BroBot" - are you feeling ok?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 22:11:44 »

I asked Bunny. He said cannot opt out. The whole intention is to prevent people from doing this.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 22:23:34 »

I asked Bunny. He said cannot opt out. The whole intention is to prevent people from doing this.

I realize we can't opt out of the buy entirely, I'm talking about just opting out of the brobots, if I get in on them. I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay so much for just a couple keycaps. If opting out is an option, it just gives me more time to make that decision, otherwise I'll have to decide by Wednesday. I fully intend to buy a bunch of the other packs, regardless of whether I get a brobot or not. If opting out isn't allowed however, I guess I'll just have to hurry up my decision making.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 22:27:06 »
Once you get a BroBot, you will love them.  Opt out?  That's crazy talk!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 22:45:26 »
I have no idea how much they usually go for, and I'm scared to look. They can't be that much can they?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 22:46:46 »
I have no idea how much they usually go for, and I'm scared to look. They can't be that much can they?

Original sales are around $20-30, if the prices I'm seeing are accurate. I'm hoping these won't be as expensive. They're novelty caps on a similar level as clacks, maybe not quite as popular, but still up there.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 00:30:05 »
Thanks again for doing this bunny.  Patiently waiting for Wed to come around.  :-X :-\ :cool:
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 00:35:22 »
Fingers crossed :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 02:32:14 »
Thanks again for doing this bunny.  Patiently waiting for Wed to come around.  :-X :-\ 8)

YES, Wednesday is slowly rearing it's ugly head  :)) .  So impatient, for this Group Buy to start already..........

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 02:39:19 »
You can opt out of a BroBot if you dont want one thats fine :)
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)