Author Topic: Razer to release their own keyswitch  (Read 82622 times)

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
Re: Razer to release their own keyswitch
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:12:30 »
Gentlemen, the ****storm will be even bigger when they announce their "First mechanical gaming switches with RGB backlighting".

Yeah, like Matias Quiet/Clicky and Cherry MX RGB don't count  :thumb:

Knowing Razer...they're probably going to do this.

I found out about this on an off-period at school. Very, very underwhelming.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:12:35 »
Does anyone really think razer did anything other than change the stem colors on the Khail switches?

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:13:52 »
Does anyone really think razer did anything other than change the stem colors on the Khail switches?

They changed the molds slightly so it has the razer logo printed on the switches in a way so that it's facing the correct way with LEDs on the top...

other than that? Nope.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline qnaal

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:14:30 »

Reminder that razor's single advertised improvement- decreased actuation distance- is within the margin of error given on kailh keyboard switches.
http://www.kailh.com/en/products.asp?Categoryid=113
to be fair, the same margin of error is given by cherry: http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/switches/key/mx.htm

and their stated target distances are the same (-0.03mm because of metric conversion)... but kailh are known to have measurably shorter pretravel in practice?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:16:06 »
I doubt Cherry is shaking in their boots over this one. It may be great for gaming, but with my experience in Razer products, sometimes the overall build quality doesn't match that of some of the components. They definitely sound cool though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Cherry release a switch more geared towards gaming soon. The blacks and reds are considered "gaming" ones but there is no bump or tactile going on!

Cherry lost a big customer and even though the switches can't really compete, people will be buying this stuff because of marketing. They don't make any losses, it's more about potential money that they don't get.
The Razer Greens are just as much "gaming" optimized as the MX Blues: not at all. I don't see why people think 0,3mm matter.

They changed the molds slightly so it has the razer logo printed on the switches in a way so that it's facing the correct way with LEDs on the top...

Kailh switches already have the LED on top.

Offline Folio

• I'm a nice guy.
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:16:36 »
If they're good, then great. But I'm never gonna give in to these switches. Main reason: Razer's quality control issues.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:27:06 »
I doubt Cherry is shaking in their boots over this one. It may be great for gaming, but with my experience in Razer products, sometimes the overall build quality doesn't match that of some of the components. They definitely sound cool though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Cherry release a switch more geared towards gaming soon. The blacks and reds are considered "gaming" ones but there is no bump or tactile going on!

Cherry lost a big customer and even though the switches can't really compete, people will be buying this stuff because of marketing. They don't make any losses, it's more about potential money that they don't get.
The Razer Greens are just as much "gaming" optimized as the MX Blues: not at all. I don't see why people think 0,3mm matter.

I think Cherry would still manufacture them...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:27:40 »

Huh?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:41:04 »

I don't get what you're saying either...

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:43:14 »
But, Cherry doesn't manufacture them... at all. They're KAILH switches!
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:51:47 »

If Cherry made them then they would be Cherry switches.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:40:49 »
But, Cherry doesn't manufacture them... at all. They're KAILH switches!
Oh... Sorry. Didn't sleep last night.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:22:46 »
They look very similar to Kailth switch - a Cherry clone.
The specification is similar. Kailth claims to have 2.0mm activation point while this Razer claims 1.9mm, well we never notice the +- 0.1mm different

The housing structure is similar too.

Probably, this Razer switch is a Kailth re-branded?
 :-\

Source: Ripster
http://imgur.com/a/7ujle
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:35:40 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:32:48 »
These "new" switches are definitely rebranded Kailhs...

More pics, source: hey, these look familiar...

Another good one, for the extra comparisons and whatever:

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:34:29 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline dante

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:44:19 »
Can you imagine a more PO'ed customer than Ducky not winning the RGB switches?

I find it hard to believe Corsair moves more boards than them.

Offline Kamen Rider Blade

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:48:24 »

I can believe Corsair moves more boards than Ducky

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:53:50 »

Aye, that would be me....

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:54:47 »
When did this turn into a gaming superiority war? I thought this thread was about Razer...

No one is talking about gaming superiority everyone taking what I say the wrong way or some **** like wtf all im saying is that razer is bull**** and that league player doesn't know wtf he's talking about now suddenly everyone thinks I'm bashing dota and league of lesbians

You guys bickering about the LoL player(s) not knowing what they're talking about need to realize that Razer sponsors Counter Logic Gaming with their products. I don't know if their sponsorship goes any deeper than that, like paying wages, but obviously they will say things like that for marketing purposes because they have to. It's part of their job and has nothing to do with the game itself.

and this is why you should take what any sponsored person/team says with a grain of salt.

they are there to make money. they don't care about you. no matter what they say.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 19:03:28 »
and this is why you should take what any sponsored person/team says with a grain of salt.

they are there to make money. they don't care about you. no matter what they say.

Normally I never agree with this guy but he's told the truth about what these 'paid-for' shills are about.  Hence no reason to trust anything they say about their boss's new piece of crap.

Just another Razer-corp non-event, based on smoke & mirrors with green ooze......

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 19:18:52 »
I guess RGB was Cherry compensating for the fact that Razer decided to do this...

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 19:23:03 »
I guess RGB was Cherry compensating for the fact that Razer decided to do this...

My guess is rather that this was the other way around. Developing RGB and looking for potential customers surely took longer than Razer switching to Kailh.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 19:53:00 »
True.
But, I don't see why people car for 0.3mm less. Oh well. Marketing does some serious magic.

Offline Doppelganger

• Ducky DK9008G2 Pro, PBT dye subs - Cherry Browns
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 20:05:55 »

Oh they are definitely going to lose some revenue potential here. I swear, Razer's marketing is probably responsible for 99% of their sales. If it wasn't for that does anything think they'd be a leader in gaming stuff? They better be careful though because once you try to go at everything alone, it it can end up backfiring. Wouldn't it be funny if Razer ended up going the way of 3dfx because they started making all of their own switches!
- There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Offline Roibhilin

• Saver of Humens
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 20:14:07 »
inb4 Cherry lawsuit

QFR | Poker II | Quickfire TK

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 20:15:16 »

Oh they are definitely going to lose some revenue potential here. I swear, Razer's marketing is probably responsible for 99% of their sales. If it wasn't for that does anything think they'd be a leader in gaming stuff? They better be careful though because once you try to go at everything alone, it it can end up backfiring. Wouldn't it be funny if Razer ended up going the way of 3dfx because they started making all of their own switches!

That would make my day!
Corsair seems like a more "honest" company. They seem to take recommendations more often, and they're here on GH!
Well some of them. Corsair_James being one of them.

Offline shrapneL

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 20:15:30 »
inb4 Cherry lawsuit

lawsuit for what?
hello.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 20:21:05 »
inb4 Cherry lawsuit

Pretty sure cherry was fully aware of kahlih switches and they have had plenty of time to sue kahlih if they wanted to

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 22:22:19 »
I guess this goes to show that Razer is to mechanical keyboards as Bose is to home audio. A huge marketing and advertising budget, targeting the noobs. Just do a little research and you'll find a superior alternative at a lower price point.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 23:00:43 »
Well... actually, their current mechanical keyboards are pretty decent. If not for that stupid glossy surface, that is.
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 23:05:21 »
2014 becomes so much excited, fist we get RGB  switch, CM follows with Topre MX stem compatible, and then there is Razer with their bull**** marketing again...
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 23:12:44 »
2014 becomes so much excited, fist we get RGB  switch, CM follows with Topre MX stem compatible, and then there is Razer with their bull**** marketing again...

Not to mention Toxic GB!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #181 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 23:33:27 »

Not to mention Toxic GB!

And at least a chance for Toxic Bro Bots IN the Toxic GB.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #182 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 23:35:07 »
He wont' have time to do 2 hits. Swinging a Model F is like swinging a chair - intimidating, but not that fast. Your opponent has time to evade.

Next keycon: Model F duels.

I'm in.  What's the prize?

Presumably, free stabilizers from WCass to replace your broken spacebars.

I'm freaking amused at the Razer hate. The products may not be the best, but if faced with the choice between some total garbage rubber dome that can only last 1 month under normal gaming conditions, and a Razer, what would you guys take?

That said, I think Razer is really asking for trouble with kailh switches. Complaints are going to go through the roof. They'll be forced to lower warranty periods to 3 months.

I don't think the hate for Razer comes from their products, but more from their marketing bull****.

In this case, the technical change is going from Cherry to Khail, probably only to save money on production cost. Yet, they manage to use their marketing blabla to convince people that they worked their ass trying to create a new switch that has been optimized for gaming.

Yet, if they indeed developed a new switch and are just use Khail as a manufacturer, then maybe they are right (to some extent) to brag all this. But really, they can't pretend their new switches will be much better than Cherry switches, not with all the choices you have with Cherry, and not with the ability to use o-rings and different keycaps to change the travel and profile of a keyboard to adapt it to your needs.

But well, marketing has to do their job, they are paid for it, and as long as they sell it's good for them, but for us, we see it as marketing bull**** so it plays on our nerves!

I understand what you mean. When Mandolin produces his specialized bull**** Mandolin crystal I get mad also.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #183 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 23:42:23 »
He wont' have time to do 2 hits. Swinging a Model F is like swinging a chair - intimidating, but not that fast. Your opponent has time to evade.

Next keycon: Model F duels.

I'm in.  What's the prize?

Presumably, free stabilizers from WCass to replace your broken spacebars.

I'm freaking amused at the Razer hate. The products may not be the best, but if faced with the choice between some total garbage rubber dome that can only last 1 month under normal gaming conditions, and a Razer, what would you guys take?

That said, I think Razer is really asking for trouble with kailh switches. Complaints are going to go through the roof. They'll be forced to lower warranty periods to 3 months.

I don't think the hate for Razer comes from their products, but more from their marketing bull****.

In this case, the technical change is going from Cherry to Khail, probably only to save money on production cost. Yet, they manage to use their marketing blabla to convince people that they worked their ass trying to create a new switch that has been optimized for gaming.

Yet, if they indeed developed a new switch and are just use Khail as a manufacturer, then maybe they are right (to some extent) to brag all this. But really, they can't pretend their new switches will be much better than Cherry switches, not with all the choices you have with Cherry, and not with the ability to use o-rings and different keycaps to change the travel and profile of a keyboard to adapt it to your needs.

But well, marketing has to do their job, they are paid for it, and as long as they sell it's good for them, but for us, we see it as marketing bull**** so it plays on our nerves!

I understand what you mean. When Mandolin produces his specialized bull**** Mandolin crystal I get mad also.

The problem with mandolin and his crystal is that 1. anybody willing to put down $600 will do research and 2. its an extremely extremey niche market 3. if you have any brains you would realize that IBM probably made more than 1 and defintly had to hit some sort of MOQ meaning that there are more in the wild.

For razer on the other hand, similar in #1 and sort of #3, but its a decently sized market(thats increased with marketing)

but I won't say all razer fans are brain dead, kid I know at school was excited for new switch but once I told him they were cheap chinese cherry knockoffs he lost interest

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:14:45 »
First look of the BW Ultimate 2014...

Nothing new, Kailh Switches confirmed.

And their symbols WTF. They made it even worse than before.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:19:37 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:27:19 »
In case anyone is still doubting that these are Kailh switches, here's a snip from the above video showing that the switch has the Kailh logo on it, just below the word "Razer."

Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:29:25 »

Show Image

Sounds like he already drank the KoolAid based on how much he went on about Razer quality, how the switches are superior, how they're designed from the ground up, and how Razer will have their own people on the line ensuring they meet at least German standards (I'll believe that one when I see it).  Usually his TechTips is a little better with the marketing than his NCIX videos, but it doesn't seem like it this time around.  I wish his cameraman was the one talking about it instead since he knows a lot more about mechs.

I probably should reserve judgment, but it's hard not to prejudge Kailh/Kaihu and Razer, especially with the reputation both of them have already.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #187 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:33:31 »
In case anyone is still doubting that these are Kailh switches, here's a snip from the above video showing that the switch has the Kailh logo on it, just below the word "Razer."

Show Image

i don't even....wait until somebody big whines that its not actually razer designed

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:40:11 »
If you want higher actuation point, and are using that as a comparison against cherry - just use alps.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:47:29 »
So, want to bet it's just these switches with a different color plastic?

http://kailh.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008841433231/pdtl/Pushbutton-switch/1080912512/Mechanical-Keyswitch.htm

http://kailh.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008841433231/pdtl/Pushbutton-switch/1055530129/Keyboard-Switch.htm

If you want higher actuation point, and are using that as a comparison against cherry - just use alps.

I like the way you think.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #190 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:59:14 »
If Carter saying it's Kailh isn't enough, this should be enough proof for even retarded fanboys to admit it:

Now, Kailh logo:

And following, Kailh's main business partners:

60 million lifecycle? Better than Cherry MX? I call Bull****.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #191 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 01:01:50 »
Their white clicky clones weren't too bad in terms of feel; that said, they were also notorious for not being the most reliable.  Not sure how they can claim they're better than Cherry in that aspect.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #192 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 01:07:51 »
Their white clicky clones weren't too bad in terms of feel; that said, they were also notorious for not being the most reliable.  Not sure how they can claim they're better than Cherry in that aspect.

Just wait when everybody's boards break

Offline ebacho

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 01:23:29 »

Just wait when everybody's boards break

Believe me, I have my popcorn ready.

Offline Kamen Rider Blade

« Reply #194 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 02:00:17 »

Show Image

Lol, the Razer marketing guys claim to have 60,000,000 Keypress durability. That's what they're marketing.

I don't blame Linus, he's presenting a preview, this isn't a review.

As far as the factual information, he did mention that they are from Kailh, from China.

So if you are like most western folks the "Made in China" = Garbage quality is generally a safe assumption.

The amount of corruption, laziness, and lack of craftsmanship in Mainland Chinese products comes from their greedy selfish view on consumerism.

Mainland Chinese production generally doesn't understand the concept of a happy consumer = return customers and spread news on good products.

Their philosophy is once they get your money, the rest doesn't matter.

There is a reason why German engineering and design is some of the best in the world.

Given Razer's design to be good enough until the warranty expires design philosophy, the number of complaints from their previous BW KB's, and the mainland Chinese manufacturing reputation, the only people who would buy Razer are fanboys or people who don't know any better and buy what's popular or shiny.

I wish there would be a team of high end companies who do guerilla anti-BS / Anti-Razer marketing to counter all their BS.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #195 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 02:15:44 »
The only mechanical switch with "only" 20 million operations comes from Kailh themselves, which is the "Kailh Linear Red switch":

Maybe Razer posted by mistake the true specifications of their switches?  :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 March 2014, 02:17:29 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 02:30:12 »
I guess this goes to show that Razer is to mechanical keyboards as Bose is to home audio. A huge marketing and advertising budget, targeting the noobs. Just do a little research and you'll find a superior alternative at a lower price point.

More like Monster with Beats. Except Beats are relatively well built for a headband.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 02:46:31 »
my friend has rapoo with yellow switch from 2011 and still finethis
yellow switch=clone vintange blacks :-X red------------/-----blacks :))
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline mapple

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 02:51:32 »
Razer is the Microsoft of computer peripherals. They spend more time/money on marketing than QA. That and they build off of what other people have been doing for years.

But it does look like they've come up with something similar to Jailhouse Blues.

this is a terrible metaphor.  Microsoft makes some very high quality products especially in the enterprise environment.  i know a lot of people on the internet think is is "wicked l33t awesome cool" to bash on MS but I find the only people who do so know little of MS product lineup.  They dont like windows 8.1 (cause they are luddites) so they want to bash the entire company.  SQL? Visual Studio? Azure? Server 2008 R2? these are all amazing products that have made the lives of server techs and developers much easier.

"oh but linux blah blah". oh please. have fun with your oracle database.

clearly you don't have contact with reality neither with production environments ;)
In God We Trust

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #199 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 02:58:06 »
60 million lifecycle? Better than Cherry MX? I call Bull****.
Welly
"Up to 60"
Cherry is 50 minimum.

PS, it is not nice calling out reps like that.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 March 2014, 03:06:13 by laffindude »