Author Topic: [SPRiT] MX ALPS Springs/ LSS Lube/ Stabilizers/ Cherry RGB Clear (CLOSED!!!!!!!)  (Read 1286164 times)

Offline acidtrip69

Re: <SPRiT Edition> * Gold Springs = (Shipping) (Extra Orders OPEN)
« Reply #900 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:47:41 »
i have a question. i was reading the op and from that that op was saying that the different weighted springs feel different to the stock cherry springs even at the same g weight. How is that. If they were both say 55g springs wouldn't they kind of feel the same ? just wanted to know.

Offline HalfCent

« Reply #901 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:58:08 »
They're measured at different points. Korean are measured at the bottom, whereas Cherry are measured around activation.

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #902 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 05:12:06 »
I just placed my third order...    :-[
Sprit have you shipped my first order of springs yet?  :p

Offline chrisq

« Reply #903 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 06:08:01 »
Made an order  :cool:

Any chance of 55gs coming back?

I'm also interested in what you guys think would make the best ergo clear...

Offline drrtyrokka

Re: &lt;SPRiT Edition&gt; * Gold Springs = (Shipping) (Extra Orders OPEN)
« Reply #904 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 06:39:23 »
Ordered 62 65 and 68, I'll play around with them to make a ergo clear with the best feel for me.

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #905 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 08:09:10 »

In Korea 62g springs are most popular - not just for ergo clears. Some people like 65g and some like 60g. It doesn't seem much but it does make a difference and in the end it's all down to personal preference :)

Offline chrisq

« Reply #906 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 08:14:11 »

In Korea 62g springs are most popular - not just for ergo clears. Some people like 65g and some like 60g. It doesn't seem much but it does make a difference and in the end it's all down to personal preference :)

Thanks!
I ordered 60, 62 and 65, I'll just play around with them and see what I like :)

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #907 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 08:26:53 »

Thanks!
I ordered 60, 62 and 65, I'll just play around with them and see what I like :)
Haha I ordered a set of 62g and then I came back and ordered 2 sets of 60g one of gold and the other standard. I'm planning on using the 60g for future red or brown switch builds and I have an upcoming ergo clear gon to build :))

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #908 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 01:22:37 »
Quote from: chrisq

Based on what I have been playing around with sprit springs, my recommendation would be something 62g or 65g or 68g. I'm not sure if the gold plate may add 1-2g to the resistance but in term of physical I think it is likely.

Quote from: chrisq
Haha I ordered a set of 62g and then I came back and ordered 2 sets of 60g one of gold and the other standard. I'm planning on using the 60g for future red or brown switch builds and I have an upcoming ergo clear gon to build :))

You're right. The 55g-60g is great for future needs, we never know. That's why I reserve from 60g to 70g just in case although currently I only use 62g and 65g.
I like linear switches

Offline Battou62

« Reply #909 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 08:22:52 »
After using some 62g springs, wouldn't a light breeze in the room cause errant keystrokes with 55 springs? You would never be able to turn a fan on :P

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #910 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 11:40:12 »
After using some 62g springs, wouldn't a light breeze in the room cause errant keystrokes with 55 springs? You would never be able to turn a fan on :P

I have some 50gr springs from round one of Spirit's springs-GB ... using them under brown sliders, on my ergodox (pinky non-homerow keys) Works out beautifully and I've never extra-entered keystrokes from them. Mostly my problem is fat-fingering those pesky thumb buttons (which have 100gr springs from the same group buy, under clear sliders).

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #911 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 23:42:52 »
Got my package today. Many thanks to Sprit to help me and other members of VNMK get custom Springs ;)
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
« Reply #913 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 03:10:41 »
Do you plan to produce lighter springs than 50g?
I'd be interested if yes :)

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #914 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 04:06:05 »

I wouldn't be able to handle that...
I feel like I'd be typing on air  :eek:

Offline drrtyrokka

« Reply #915 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 04:24:11 »
Even stock browns are too light for me 😱

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #916 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 05:48:28 »
im gonna put the 100g in my browns, 120g in blues ^^ Not sure what to do with the 85 g.. but i figure something out, maybe put em in the blues, because 120g would probably not hold up in the long run :)

Offline chrisq

« Reply #917 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 06:09:10 »
im gonna put the 100g in my browns, 120g in blues ^^ Not sure what to do with the 85 g.. but i figure something out, maybe put em in the blues, because 120g would probably not hold up in the long run :)

Do you type with a hammer?  :))

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #918 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 06:20:59 »
Wow... 100g !!! my fingers hurt when I type on MX Blacks , 100g would kill me. But I have buddy that loves blacks and finds them light, sometimes maybe too light. But he is a big guy with big hands.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #919 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 07:12:02 »
i have somewhat big hands, i always bottom out(favourties are blacks and clears) so would be nice to try out some heavier springs.

Also a fan of O rings which i think will  match good with harder springs, so you dont  get the stiff feel from bottoming out and shorten the traveling distance.

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
« Reply #920 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 08:26:42 »

I wouldn't be able to handle that...
I feel like I'd be typing on air  :eek:

That is the point! :D

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #921 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 08:50:30 »
Oh yes, I like typing on air, the lighter the better :) And linear, no click no bump
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #922 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 09:02:39 »
I think i will try a light spring red switch board with orings for silent typing in uni :)) but that comes after i use my 62g springs first :p

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #923 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 10:21:38 »
Hi Sprit,
My package was delivered to me in Vietnam today. Everything is good. Thank you very much.  :thumb:
78120-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 September 2014, 10:24:33 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #924 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 23:25:13 »
Hello Sprit,
Today I tried to assemble a keyboard with your Gold 68g for Ergo Clear and Gold 120g for the space bar Cherry MX Black. It's amazing, sprit. Thank you.  :thumb:
78282-0
I like linear switches

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #925 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 04:23:25 »
Hello Sprit,
Today I tried to assemble a keyboard with your Gold 68g for Ergo Clear and Gold 120g for the space bar Cherry MX Black. It's amazing, sprit. Thank you.  :thumb:
(Attachment Link)
WOW THAT LOOKS SICK! I'm still waiting on mine  :(

Offline Flintfish

« Reply #926 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 22:41:28 »
Hi.

Just to be sure before I order...

Is it OK to submit a brand new order as an "Extra Order", or can you only add stuff to an already existing order?

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #927 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 22:54:35 »
Hi.

Is it OK to submit a brand new order as an "Extra Order", or can you only add stuff to an already existing order?
Uhh gonna need some clarification on that. I don't understand what you're trying to say :/

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #928 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 22:56:40 »
Hi.

Uhh gonna need some clarification on that. I don't understand what you're trying to say :/

He's saying that he's new to the buy and if it's okay for him to join.

Since people can add to "existing" orders, the would he be able to join the GB with a fresh new order since others can add to theirs.

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #929 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 22:58:29 »
Hi.

Since people can add to "existing" orders, the would he be able to join the GB with a fresh new order since others can add to theirs.
Ahh yes in that case of course :) i've made a few separate orders myself ;D so it should be fine. If you don't add a comment saying 'add to previous order' or whatnot it will be treated as a new one :)

Also it doesn't hurt to try either way since you either get the invoice or you don't

Offline Flintfish

« Reply #930 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 23:12:05 »
Hi.

Ahh yes in that case of course :) i've made a few separate orders myself ;D so it should be fine. If you don't add a comment saying 'add to previous order' or whatnot it will be treated as a new one :)

Also it doesn't hurt to try either way since you either get the invoice or you don't

Great! Thanks for the quick reply

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #931 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 23:36:15 »
Hi.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply
You're welcome ;D i'm on break atm and there's nothing to do haha :))

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: <SPRiT Edition> * Gold Springs = (Shipping)
« Reply #932 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 20:59:55 »
I don't know if I can post this here but I was elected by someone to be the Australian Shipper for all Australian Orders relating to SPRiT's Round 2 Group Buy, hence I'm the one that will be sorting and shipping everyone's orders here in Convict Country  8) .

I've sent off all emails asking for your addresses so relax I'm not some kind of Nigerian Scammer, looking to get anything off you.  I have all the orders in my possession and am eager to send them off to their respective owners as soon possible.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #933 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 21:55:06 »
I was told I was to receive my order of springs this week but for some reason it changed and now the date of my package arrival has changed (I just found out that it hasn't even been shipped yet) would you e able to find out some info on my order?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: &lt;SPRiT Edition&gt; * Gold Springs = (Shipping)
« Reply #934 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 21:56:46 »

I was told I was to receive my order of springs this week but for some reason it changed and now the date of my package arrival has changed (I just found out that it hasn't even been shipped yet) would you e able to find out some info on my order?

Was your order shipped independent of the rest of the orders that were sent to proxies? If so, then I don't have an answer of course, but if it was sent to a proxy then I should be receiving them very soon.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #935 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:12:47 »
It kept changing. It was originally going to be through you then it changed as zeal was going to send it to me since I also have a 60% case order then it changed to sprit shipping it to me directly and now I'm just really confused. I also originally ordered a model 2 case but I was later informed after asking an update concerning my order that production was not yet completed. I feel
that I should have my springs at least since I paid for all my orders and individual shipping separately. I really don't mind waiting but it would really help if it was a bit more organized and i got a straight answer instead of making me feel like I'm being passed around.

Sorrybif it feels like I'm ranting even if you had nothing to do with it

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #936 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:37:32 »
It kept changing. It was originally going to be through you then it changed as zeal was going to send it to me since I also have a 60% case order then it changed to sprit shipping it to me directly and now I'm just really confused. I also originally ordered a model 2 case but I was later informed after asking an update concerning my order that production was not yet completed. I feel that I should have my springs at least since I paid for all my orders and individual shipping separately. I really don't mind waiting but it would really help if it was a bit more organized and i got a straight answer instead of making me feel like I'm being passed around.

Synjin,

Please understand that you requested to have your acrylic case combined with your springs order, so we pulled your springs shipment out of Hoff's. It also wasn't until the last day when sprit was shipping the huge box to me, that you told me you ordered a Model 2 instead of 3. I've been accommodating all of your requests, however PMing both sprit and me with different requests will end up confusing both of us. Please try to understand that making last minute changes weren't possible (especially with time zone differences), and when you asked for a Model 3 instead, the box had already been picked up by DHL. Also asking to combine shipments one day, then split shipments the other is really screwing with us.

I also never guaranteed that your package would arrive by a certain date. I can only guarantee a delivery time once it has been shipped from me (which is 1 business day). Now that we've settled with your order, my next import with sprit is mid-October as I've already said in the other case GB thread.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #937 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:40:17 »

Hello  Guys!  ;)
EMS to China, Vietnam, USA, Canada, Australia, EU shipped.   
Packing for additional Sampler Kit made some more delay.

I am going to ship some left the independent Orders for Malaysia, Thailand, NZ.   Please Give me  time. 
The PCB, Case combined Orders will ship soon, after collecting shipping cost. ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:50:11 by sprit »

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #938 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:44:23 »

Hello  ;)

I am going to ship the left the independent Orders
Please Give me  time. 

Woo

Thanks for the update!

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #939 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 23:16:01 »
It kept changing. It was originally going to be through you then it changed as zeal was going to send it to me since I also have a 60% case order then it changed to sprit shipping it to me directly and now I'm just really confused. I also originally ordered a model 2 case but I was later informed after asking an update concerning my order that production was not yet completed. I feel that I should have my springs at least since I paid for all my orders and individual shipping separately. I really don't mind waiting but it would really help if it was a bit more organized and i got a straight answer instead of making me feel like I'm being passed around.

Synjin,

Please understand that you requested to have your acrylic case combined with your springs order, so we pulled your springs shipment out of Hoff's. It also wasn't until the last day when sprit was shipping the huge box to me, that you told me you ordered a Model 2 instead of 3. I've been accommodating all of your requests, however PMing both sprit and me with different requests will end up confusing both of us. Please try to understand that making last minute changes weren't possible (especially with time zone differences), and when you asked for a Model 3 instead, the box had already been picked up by DHL. Also asking to combine shipments one day, then split shipments the other is really screwing with us.

I also never guaranteed that your package would arrive by a certain date. I can only guarantee a delivery time once it has been shipped from me (which is 1 business day). Now that we've settled with your order, my next import with Sprit is mid-October as I've already said in the other case GB thread.

I thought you knew that my order was originally a model 2 since you said you were currently talking to Sprit about my original order until I asked what was causing the delay to my order, you then told me that model 2 cases have not been produced yet. Also, I really do not mind if I have a model 2 but I decided to try to change it to a model 3 since you stated in your previous message that you have been trying to promote the model 3 more which then caused me to assume that the model 3 will be finished being produced sooner. I am quite sure that in my previous messages to you, I stated, that I would prefer a model 3 instead of a model 2 if it means I will be able to receive my order sooner meaning whichever one will cause less delays would be more preferable to me.

I also just received a message from Sprit that he will be shipping all the independent orders after he collects the shipping cost although I already paid mine causing even more confusion.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 October 2014, 23:18:35 by Synjin »

Offline Sempre

« Reply #940 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 00:28:41 »

Hello  Guys!  ;)

I am going to ship some left the independent Orders for Malaysia, Thailand, NZ.   Please Give me  time. 
The PCB, Case combined Orders will ship soon, after collecting shipping cost. ;)

Thanks for the update Sprit

I'm a little worried since i'm not in any of those countries, or are these locations for the proxy helpers who will then ship to other places?

Edit: Just got a PM from him, everything's good :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 October 2014, 04:57:58 by Sempre »

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #941 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 00:44:12 »
Just had a conversation with Sprit and everything is resolved. Thanks

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #942 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 03:55:03 »

I don't know if I can post this here but I was elected by someone to be the Australian Shipper for all Australian Orders relating to SPRiT's Round 2 Group Buy, hence I'm the one that will be sorting and shipping everyone's orders here in Convict Country  8) .

I've sent off all emails asking for your addresses so relax I'm not some kind of Nigerian Scammer, looking to get anything off you.  I have all the orders in my possession and am eager to send them off to their respective owners as soon possible.

Hey i didn't get an email :/ or do you have my address already :cool:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #943 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 02:47:02 »
Yep, all the shipments sent to me has been sent off around Australia.  Have done my part to help make SPRiT's Round 2 a success here in Convict Town  :thumb: .

Offline feizor

« Reply #944 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 03:54:34 »
Yep, all the shipments sent to me has been sent off around Australia.  Have done my part to help make SPRiT's Round 2 a success here in Convict Town  :thumb: .

Elrick has been super responsive. Sorted and shipped out all the packages in a very short time frame. Thank you sir!

And a big thanks to sprit for organising this GB! Can't wait to get my hands on some Korean Springs (and krytox)!

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #945 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 07:42:24 »

Hello  Guys!  ;)

Good to listen this :thumb:

Offline exfiltrate

« Reply #946 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 20:49:19 »
Can springs still be ordered?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #947 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:29:58 »

Don't think so, they're pretty much all shipped out at this point
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline exfiltrate

« Reply #948 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 00:50:05 »

Don't think so, they're pretty much all shipped out at this point

Alright, if anyone has any extra 62g or 100g that they want to sell to me, shoot me a pm :)

Offline drrtyrokka

« Reply #949 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 05:58:43 »
Did the springs arrive in Germany yet?