Author Topic: [SPRiT] MX ALPS Springs/ LSS Lube/ Stabilizers/ Cherry RGB Clear (CLOSED!!!!!!!)  (Read 1283469 times)

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: <SPRiT Edition> * Gold Springs = (Shipping)
« Reply #1050 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 20:03:41 »
Update for the US:

• All small orders but one troublemaker that wanted a dinosaur drawing have been sent out
  • Zeal is being a huge help and sending me some packs that I was missing, so I should have the proper spring packs very soon (for below)
  • I still have 9 orders to ship out, all of them being the larger boxed ones - I expect to be able to ship most of these tomorrow

Thanks for your patience as I work through these!  :)

Woah, woah, woah.  Dinosaurs...are never trouble, sir.  Dinosaurs...are amazing.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: &lt;SPRiT Edition&gt; * Gold Springs = (Shipping)
« Reply #1051 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 20:03:45 »

Update for the US:

• All small orders but one troublemaker that wanted a dinosaur drawing have been sent out
  • Zeal is being a huge help and sending me some packs that I was missing, so I should have the proper spring packs very soon (for below)
  • I still have 9 orders to ship out, all of them being the larger boxed ones - I expect to be able to ship most of these tomorrow

Any chance you can confirm if mine were in there?

Yep! Yours just went out today.  :)

You should receive shipping notification via email tomorrow.  :thumb:

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #1052 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 20:25:47 »
Am I among those who soon shall have springs?

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1053 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 20:30:45 »
I installed my #legitballin #gold 78g springs into my Filco with Clears tonight and they feel absolutely amazing. You have got a truly great product here, Sprit. I seriously wish I had ordered more.

To compare a stock clear spring to a 78g spring side-by-side they feel almost identical in weight, but because of a slightly different force curve the 78g spring feels noticeably more tactile on both the up and down stroke. 78g clears are probably my favorite switch/spring combo I've ever tried. I see myself keeping a board around with this combination for a very long time.

85g feels slightly heavier than stock clear springs and definitely has a more gradual force curve compared to the 1.1 springs which have a steep force curve (starts soft finishes heavy). It numbs out some of the tactility of the clears on both the up and down strokes. I ended up using an 85g spring in the spacebar with 78g in everything else.

I also played around with installing some of the 62g springs on to clear stems and have to say I'm starting to understand the hype. 60g feels like it wants to hang and 65g/68g seems to numb out some of the tactility. 62g feels extremely tactile but without feeling like it might hang up on the up stroke. I haven't lubed my clears yet but I have to imagine lubed with 62g springs would feel downright sublime.

Thanks again to both Sprit and Hoffman for working together to get these delivered. If/When R3 happens I will definitely be ordering some more!

Edit - 79->78  :))
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:24:49 by strict »

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1054 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:00:12 »
78g* :p

Thanks for the review, strict!
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1055 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:10:28 »
I just got all of my sprit stuff from Zeal (aside from my pcb)
I have to say that the 100g springs feel kind of great on clears instead of the ergo treatment it had earlier. No idea how 78g feels however. Maybe something slightly lighter would feel better.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1056 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:42:03 »
I have to say that the 100g springs feel kind of great on clears instead of the ergo treatment it had earlier. No idea how 78g feels however. Maybe something slightly lighter would feel better.

To my fingers, 78g springs felt almost indistinguishable in weight from the stock clear springs. I expected them to be lighter but I think they are pretty close to exactly the same. I figured 85g would match the clear springs but they feel slightly but noticeably heavier.

Thanks for the correction, Zeal  :thumb:

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1057 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:48:00 »

Did you order a PCB separately w/ sprit?  :confused: I don't have you down for a PCB on my order form.
-----

Really curious what a "randomly coiled" spring would feel like. Have some small & wide coils here and there and throw it in a switch.  :eek:

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1058 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:49:58 »

Did you order a PCB separately w/ sprit?  :confused: I don't have you down for a PCB on my order form.
-----

Really curious what a "randomly coiled" spring would feel like. Have some small & wide coils here and there and throw it in a switch.  :eek:

That's probably a separate order with sprit so it's nothing on your end as I know a lot of other orders are still with him.
BTW, I just send you the payment for my cable :thumb:
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: <SPRiT Edition> * MX Gold Springs = (Shipping)
« Reply #1059 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 01:22:41 »
People who ordered also a PCB will get the stuff directly from sprit, I know because I'm on the same boat. There are some delays with the 60% PCB's but should be solved soon. :cool:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1060 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 07:01:51 »

Update for the US:

Any chance you can confirm if mine were in there?

Yep! Yours just went out today.  :)

You should receive shipping notification via email tomorrow.  :thumb:

Planck w/ Zealios

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #1061 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 12:27:57 »
Today is the last day for US shipping right? I still have not received my tracking number. Paypal invoice #1674.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1062 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 12:51:13 »
Today is the last day for US shipping right? I still have not received my tracking number. Paypal invoice #1674.

Hmm.  Unfortunately, as a proxy in this, I don't have all the details associated with the GB and some information is only known by Sprit (I only have the information relevant to my portion of the duties).  I can tell you what I know though.  I do not have your name in my spreadsheet, and I therefore do not have your order in my house.  It's possible that you paid after some cut off and Sprit will be shipping your order direct. 

I would recommend PMing Sprit to ask about your order.  I don't think there's too much reason to be alarmed and start worrying, but I understand that you'd like to know, so that's what I would do.  He should get back to you within a couple days.   :thumb:

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you!

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1063 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:22:23 »
Europe springs will get sent tomorrow! Sorry for the delay.

What I learnt from proxying them:
-finnish towns have fantastic names
-there's a surprising low of mechanical keyboard enthusiasts in southern Europe
-triple checking is better than double checking (TheSoulhunter, who had the biggest order, almost would have gotten only a sampler kit)

All packages get tracking, however sorting the tracking numbers might take longer than the springs to arrive :D
Shipping should take 2-5 days. If you want your tracking number, send me a PM.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #1064 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:34:46 »

Hmm.  Unfortunately, as a proxy in this, I don't have all the details associated with the GB and some information is only known by Sprit (I only have the information relevant to my portion of the duties).  I can tell you what I know though.  I do not have your name in my spreadsheet, and I therefore do not have your order in my house.  It's possible that you paid after some cut off and Sprit will be shipping your order direct. 

I would recommend PMing Sprit to ask about your order.  I don't think there's too much reason to be alarmed and start worrying, but I understand that you'd like to know, so that's what I would do.  He should get back to you within a couple days.   :thumb:

Just PM'ed, but I sent the money on July 18th, so it should have been part of the Round 1 orders.

Both my experience on this, and Sprit's keyboard buy has not been good. Probably the last Sprit GB I will take part of.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1065 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:38:54 »

Just PM'ed, but I sent the money on July 18th, so it should have been part of the Round 1 orders.

Both my experience on this, and Sprit's keyboard buy has not been good. Probably the last Sprit GB I will take part of.

Oh, that might explain it.  I think I saw some posts above, from people who were in the keyboard buy, saying that people in both buys will have their springs shipped with their keyboards.  Maybe that explains why your springs weren't in my bunch.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1066 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:45:32 »

-triple checking is better than double checking (TheSoulhunter, who had the biggest order, almost would have gotten only a sampler kit)

All packages get tracking, however sorting the tracking numbers might take longer than the springs to arrive :D

Should have quadruple checked each spring packet. From what I've counted after proxying...(sample size of 4x 62gs), most were 96-97x per bag.  :eek: Should be OK for those doing TKL builds and lower.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1067 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:56:09 »

Great news! I don't need a tracking number. Knowing DHL it will arrive in 1 or 2 days ;)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1069 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 19:51:01 »
mine just showed up (it's almost 9 PM :|)

i swear i ordered more than just 2 62G

though it's entirely possible i'm just an idiot

I'm excited to put these into something
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1070 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 19:53:19 »

When I used to ship via CP->USPS, I was surprised at how late NY USPS delivery people deliver.  :eek:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1071 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 19:54:52 »

When I used to ship via CP->USPS, I was surprised at how late NY USPS delivery people deliver.  :eek:

I'm at the end of the line, too, so I've gotten stuff after 10PM before
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1072 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 20:01:40 »

My spreadsheet only has two!   :-X   

Glad they arrived safe.  :)   :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1073 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 20:03:13 »
i found the post where i say to change it to 2 62g springs

so it's fiiiiine

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1074 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 20:04:09 »
Finally got to check the mail and my springs have arrived! Can't wait to get my switches so I can get these in.

Thank you Hoffman for proxying!

Thank you sprit for running this!
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Sagii

• Time to bust some nails
« Reply #1075 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 02:39:51 »
Aw man, all the posts where they say springs have arrived.. :c mine hasn't even shipped yet! (Unless sprit is insanely fast, though)

Can't wait to put some new springs in my poker :D

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1076 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 03:12:25 »

That's fantastic news! Thank you so much for being our proxy and doing all that work!

My favourite Finnish district name is Kärsämäki (snout hill). I find a lot of lake or town names to be simple descriptions of some feature, such as Pitkäjärvi (long lake) or Valkeakoski (white rapids), but there are some very interesting ones, too, such as Paskalomavaara (crap holiday hill/danger), Äijävaara (geezer hill/danger) or Nahkahousut (leather pants) :D
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #1077 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 03:28:51 »
my uncle lives in "gropen"(the pit) imagination is over rated =)

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1078 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 10:19:51 »
All orders that I'm proxying have been sent!

80523-0

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1079 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 11:36:48 »
All orders that I'm proxying have been sent!

(Attachment Link)

Would you be able to tell me if mine were in your pile Blue? :x
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1080 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 11:46:02 »

Yes, I got you on my list for 1x68g and 1x78g.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1081 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 13:15:46 »

Yes, I got you on my list for 1x68g and 1x78g.

Awesome just wasn't sure as I got two invoices and one was changed by the time I woke up to pay, so I thought it may of been getting sent from elsewhere, okay Blue love you for doing this <3
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1082 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 13:31:30 »
Awesome just wasn't sure as I got two invoices and one was changed by the time I woke up to pay, so I thought it may of been getting sent from elsewhere, okay Blue love you for doing this <3

You're welcome :-*

Offline echo0

« Reply #1083 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 19:04:00 »
Received the springs today.  Thank you Hoffman for proxying.   :D

Offline Fieryshadowz

« Reply #1084 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 20:38:07 »
I don't think I received a tracking number?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1085 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:10:54 »
I don't think I received a tracking number?

PM HoffmanMyster, he was responsible for US shipping

Offline phatdood9

« Reply #1086 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:23:28 »
I got some springs in the mail today, managed to make around 60 ergo clears for my viper.

I used 55g springs with clears and it seems like ~25-30% of them were sticking at the bottom. I had to switch up the springs till I found ones that were strong enough.

Is this normal? I lubed the stems/springs btw.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1087 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:24:24 »
I got some springs in the mail today, managed to make around 60 ergo clears for my viper.

I used 55g springs with clears and it seems like ~25-30% of them were sticking at the bottom. I had to switch up the springs till I found ones that were strong enough.

That's why the recommended spring weight for ergoclears are 62g and above.  ;)

Offline phatdood9

« Reply #1088 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:30:33 »

That's why the recommended spring weight for ergoclears are 62g and above.  ;)

heh heh

but I want as light as possible, w/ a slight tactile bump  :))

do you think I will have problems with sticking later down the road? the switches all seem OK now, but it would kind of suck to have to replace a bunch of them later on

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1089 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:31:23 »
Will the 62g be better for an ergo clear or will the 65 be better? I have heard that it does feels significantly different compared to each other.

Offline yuiop

« Reply #1090 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:42:56 »
Got mine.  Thanks Hoffman.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1091 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 22:18:26 »
Got mine, as posted in the mail thread it got abused by usps but the springs were not damaged so thanks sprit and hoff

I want to try out these special 78g in my clears but I am too lazy to do a spring swap though right now.

Offline chrisq

« Reply #1092 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 04:21:06 »
Will the 62g be better for an ergo clear or will the 65 be better? I have heard that it does feels significantly different compared to each other.

I am also interested in ergo clear recommendations, for me sticky keys are unacceptable.

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #1093 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 05:20:15 »
^ I like 62g the most for ergo clear personally. No problems with 62g sticking, just don't go any lighter. I have a board with 65g clears, I like them they feel very solid.

Long shot but anyone in EU that has 55g and/or 62g's to spare I am in desperate need of some. My order seems to be being held up with Sprit waiting for him to build keyboards I ordered from him which I think will be a long wait away  :(

Offline drrtyrokka

Re: &lt;SPRiT Edition&gt; * MX Gold Springs = (Shipping)
« Reply #1094 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 08:38:15 »
I ordered 62 65 and 68, to make the ergo clear setup feeling best for me. You have to consider larger keys with higher weight and the springs probably getting used/vintage over time.

Offline sahihe

« Reply #1095 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 09:15:31 »
Finally starting to put together my ergodox with clears that I got many months ago.

Is this group buy still on - looking for 62g gold springs. Thx.

Offline Battou62

« Reply #1096 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 09:44:08 »
I received my springs yesterday also, 70g and and 75g. Thanks Sprit / Hoff :)

Offline geniekid

« Reply #1097 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 10:02:24 »

I am also interested in ergo clear recommendations, for me sticky keys are unacceptable.

I modded my MX switches to be 62g ergo clears and about 5% of the keys were consistently sticky.  After lubing the spring top/bottom and stem sliders it was not a problem for any of the keys.  I used thick lube formula from techkeys.

Offline mikew0w

« Reply #1098 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 10:09:16 »
Received yesterday. many many thanks to all the people involved in this happening.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1099 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 13:55:12 »
Got my springs in today as well.

Now i have 50g, 62g, 70g, 78g, 85g, 100g, 120g  :p

Thank you so much!  :thumb: