Author Topic: [SPRiT] MX ALPS Springs/ LSS Lube/ Stabilizers/ Cherry RGB Clear (CLOSED!!!!!!!)  (Read 1283507 times)

Offline phatdood9

Re: <SPRiT Edition> * MX Gold Springs = (Shipping)
« Reply #1100 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:37:03 »
Just wondering, what are you guys using 50g springs for?

I was thinking of making some jailhouse blues w/ 50g

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1101 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:43:54 »

I have no plans on the 50g right now haha

I just thought I'd try them out.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #1102 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:51:50 »
Got my springs!

2x50G gold
1x55G gold
2x120G gold (my friend wanted something ridiculously heavy)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1103 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 19:23:42 »

I'd kill for some for my pink stems.  I thought 62g would be light enough....they aren't.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1104 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 19:25:45 »

I'd kill for some for my pink stems.  I thought 62g would be light enough....they aren't.

PM me. As much as i like them, I'll never use them.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #1105 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 19:40:14 »

I used 50g and 55g on two of my Cherry MX Brown keyboards. The tactile feeling is more obvious on them. I don't use something less than 65g on ergo Clear because I want to avoid the sticky issue that I faced in the past when I used the stock spring 60g.
I like linear switches

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1106 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 23:19:30 »

I used 50g and 55g on two of my Cherry MX Brown keyboards. The tactile feeling is more obvious on them. I don't use something less than 65g on ergo Clear because I want to avoid the sticky issue that I faced in the past when I used the stock spring 60g.

I never tried putting a heavier spring in Browns.  Think I read someone on here say that it doesn't make it more tactile.

I use 62g springs for my ergo clears, and only ever had one switch slightly stick.  Spamming the key a few times fixed it, and I have never had the problem again.   

Wish I would have ordered some 65g springs this last round though.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Ripudio

« Reply #1107 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 01:30:37 »
The brown switches have a different stem than clears, which is what causes the difference in tactile feel, regardless of the spring. You can see it if you scroll down here in Ripsters switch teardown: http://imgur.com/a/RJqM4

Offline malu1989

« Reply #1108 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 03:17:47 »
Got my springs today. Thanks :)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1109 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 04:41:20 »
I got some springs in the mail today, managed to make around 60 ergo clears for my viper.

I used 55g springs with clears and it seems like ~25-30% of them were sticking at the bottom. I had to switch up the springs till I found ones that were strong enough.

Is this normal? I lubed the stems/springs btw.

That's why the recommended spring weight for ergoclears are 62g and above.  ;)

heh heh

but I want as light as possible, w/ a slight tactile bump  :))

do you think I will have problems with sticking later down the road? the switches all seem OK now, but it would kind of suck to have to replace a bunch of them later on

Light as possible with a slight tactile bump sounds like 50g springs in Browns to me. Lightest springs increase the tactility of the Brown bump.

I love 62g springs in my ErgoClears. No sticking and really great tactility. Just the perfect strength, IMHO. 60g work with lubed stems, 55g... may have issues even with lube, as you seem to have discovered.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #1110 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 04:42:33 »
The brown switches have a different stem than clears, which is what causes the difference in tactile feel, regardless of the spring. You can see it if you scroll down here in Ripsters switch teardown: http://imgur.com/a/RJqM4

:eek:  "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"  :eek:
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 October 2014, 04:52:09 by MAR82 »

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1111 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 07:50:37 »
Apparently my springs arrived today but I wasn't home. And instead of leaving the package at my back door (which they have a special approval for) they took it with them and I can pick it up on monday. Kinda sad but what can you do.

(could've also been the LEDs I've ordered, but I'm sure those were my springs)

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #1112 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 08:17:26 »
I never tried putting a heavier spring in Browns.  Think I read someone on here say that it doesn't make it more tactile.
I use 62g springs for my ergo clears, and only ever had one switch slightly stick.  Spamming the key a few times fixed it, and I have never had the problem again.   
Wish I would have ordered some 65g springs this last round though.
Yes, you're right, we shouldn't put anything heavier than the stock on Browns. But what I really mean is lighter because as I said, I used 50g and 55g Korean style while the stock spring of Brown is 60g. When we use something lighter on Brown, it will make the tactile more obvious. This is similar to some Korean use the rare 59g on their Clear because they want to impose on the tactile.
I like linear switches

Offline drrtyrokka

Re: &lt;SPRiT Edition&gt; * MX Gold Springs = (Shipping)
« Reply #1113 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 08:32:28 »
Springs arrived today, thank you blubär and spirit for making this possible :) bist der beste Flo :)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1114 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 08:43:09 »
Light as possible with a slight tactile bump sounds like 50g springs in Browns to me. Lightest springs increase the tactility of the Brown bump.

I love 62g springs in my ErgoClears. No sticking and really great tactility. Just the perfect strength, IMHO. 60g work with lubed stems, 55g... may have issues even with lube, as you seem to have discovered.

+1

There's some kind of voodoo that happens with 62g springs on clear stems to make them feel just right. I really never bought into the hype having only tried 65g ergo-clears, but after trying out 62g I have to say I understand it now. Anything lighter felt like it was going to hang and 65g/68g/70g seemed to numb out a lot of the tactile response compared to the 62g.

Once you get into the 75g-85g range you start getting a different feel that my fingers seem to slightly prefer. Its almost like the weight of the spring after you get past the bump works to make the switch feel more tactile again and also helps slow your fingers down as you get close to the bottom out point. I think Sprits 78g springs with clear stems feels obscenely good.

That being said, 68g and 70g springs felt awesome in vintage black switches. Once I get a board put together with all these vintage blacks I've got laying around I will almost definitely go with 68g.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline BlueBär

Re: &lt;SPRiT Edition&gt; * MX Gold Springs = (Shipping)
« Reply #1115 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 17:14:08 »
Apparently my springs arrived today but I wasn't home. And instead of leaving the package at my back door (which they have a special approval for) they took it with them and I can pick it up on monday. Kinda sad but what can you do.

(could've also been the LEDs I've ordered, but I'm sure those were my springs)

I've sent them all as registered mail (for tracking) so that might be the reason.

Springs arrived today, thank you blubär and spirit for making this possible :) bist der beste Flo :)

Gern geschehen!

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #1116 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 12:37:25 »
Sprit, can I please get some form of shipping schedule?

I was told over PM that you would be shipping mine soon, but since about a week ago, no word again.

Invoice was paid well in the R1 period (July 18th), and now that both US and Europe have received their springs, I have not even heard so much as a shipping estimate.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1117 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 14:08:15 »

I was told over PM that you would be shipping mine soon, but since about a week ago, no word again.

Invoice was paid well in the R1 period (July 18th), and now that both US and Europe have received their springs, I have not even heard so much as a shipping estimate.

Where are you located?

US and some parts EU are typically going to be faster than other parts of the world.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #1118 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 06:44:56 »

Hi!  limitz!   
He has ordered Springs combined with R2 PCB, Case.    My Bad for the R2 60% PCB production,  1 SMD parts got problem, but fixed, will come out next week.
I will email to all members involved  R1  & R2     :thumb: 
I wish my Karma this year will finish very Soon !   ;)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Re: <SPRiT Edition> MX Gold Springs * (Extra Orders Open)
« Reply #1119 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 08:12:26 »
I'm still waiting to get my springs  :(
Seems like everyone in Europe is getting them but me 

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1120 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 08:23:35 »

I think those that got them already were German. They're on their way, I have your tracking number in front of me, however the tracking system on the website seems broken right now. I can still send you the tracking number via PM if you want.

Offline chrisq

« Reply #1121 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 09:09:10 »

You're not alone.
I'm in no hurry though, my ergodox and cherry clears aren't here for another month and a half.  :eek:

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1122 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 09:11:20 »
You're not alone.
I'm in no hurry though, my ergodox and cherry clears aren't here for another month and a half.  :eek:

Yours is on its way as well :thumb:

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #1123 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 09:47:44 »
I have already established that my springs order are not with mr. BlueBar, but waiting with Sprit for my keyboards I have also ordered from him to be built etc. - but if I order some in this 'extra orders' will they also be held up the same way, or will they dispatch quicker?

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #1124 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 09:51:07 »

Hi!  limitz!   
He has ordered Springs combined with R2 PCB, Case.    My Bad for the R2 60% PCB production,  1 SMD parts got problem, but fixed, will come out next week.
I will email to all members involved  R1  & R2     :thumb: 
I wish my Karma this year will finish very Soon !   ;)

Can you ship the springs separately? I'm in the US, and it seems like all the other US orders have finished shipping already.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #1125 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 10:47:39 »

I think those that got them already were German. They're on their way, I have your tracking number in front of me, however the tracking system on the website seems broken right now. I can still send you the tracking number via PM if you want.

Hi BlueBär,

Thanks for the update, and what you are doing for everyone.
If you can PM me the tracking number, that be great

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1126 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 14:46:47 »
I have already established that my springs order are not with mr. BlueBar, but waiting with Sprit for my keyboards I have also ordered from him to be built etc. - but if I order some in this 'extra orders' will they also be held up the same way, or will they dispatch quicker?

probably held up for efficiency's sake
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1127 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 14:51:20 »
Extra orders open  :)

I will order when I get home.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1128 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 16:45:57 »
Picked up my springs today, thanks for everything Sprit and Bluebär :thumb: and all the other proxies of course!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1129 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 17:00:12 »
Ah man.  No standard 62g, 65g springs available?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1130 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 17:33:11 »

I guess he plated all the remaining springs.  :p
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1131 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 21:14:33 »

Yeah.  I wanted standard, got charged for gold, received gold.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1132 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 21:20:41 »

you say that like it's bad

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1133 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 21:22:25 »

I'm a cheap as **** mofo.  I wanted the $6 springs, not the $10 springs.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1134 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 21:24:06 »

I'm a cheap as **** mofo.  I wanted the $6 springs, not the $10 springs.

gold master race

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1135 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 21:25:34 »
Need to maintain that #LEGITBALLIN status.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1136 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 21:27:20 »
I'm putting some 62g #LEGITBALLINs in my filco with reds on Wednesday (hopefully, i only have 3 hours with the soldering station)

there will be pics

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
Re: <SPRiT Edition> MX Gold Springs * (Order Open)
« Reply #1137 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 05:30:27 »
Also got my *golden* springs, 100g and 120g. Planning a 120g finger breaker 60% keyboard :) I put the springs in some test switches, and so far i like the feeling. Don't know yet if it will be clicky, linear or tactile.

... ...

Offline osi

« Reply #1138 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 07:48:52 »
81089-0

:D :D :D

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1139 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 07:51:06 »
Also got my *golden* springs, 100g and 120g. Planning a 120g finger breaker 60% keyboard :) I put the springs in some test switches, and so far i like the feeling. Don't know yet if it will be clicky, linear or tactile.

Show Image

Oh wow. I wish you and your fingers the best of luck with that.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1140 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 07:57:18 »
Submitted another order for some more #legitballin 78g springs. I dont even have anything in mind to use them in, but I seriously love these 78g springs so much that I don't want to miss a chance to get some more.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline eviltobz

« Reply #1141 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:20:56 »
All orders that I'm proxying have been sent!
mine arrived today. thanks to all involved in the buy :)

Offline SaySo

« Reply #1142 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:48:10 »
All orders that I'm proxying have been sent!
mine arrived today. thanks to all involved in the buy :)

Same here, thank you Sprit and BlueBär  :thumb:

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1143 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 09:01:36 »

Show Image

Oh wow. I wish you and your fingers the best of luck with that.

Thanks! I love MX Greens (and Whites), and thought a little bit heavier would be possible to use. Let's see...
... ...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1144 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:58:55 »
US:

I took the last of the shipments (minus the damn dinosaur one :P ) to the post office today.  Everything's in the hands of the postal gods now.  :)

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #1145 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 17:16:09 »
US:

I took the last of the shipments (minus the damn dinosaur one :P ) to the post office today.  Everything's in the hands of the postal gods now.  :)

Time to do the equivalent of the rain dance for the postal gods.  Rain 62g & 65g springs on me!

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #1147 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 17:28:53 »
Idon'tevenrememberanymore dance 💃

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: (18K Gold Springs) - via Proxy Shipping to USA ..
« Reply #1148 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 17:30:34 »
These springs look delicious.  Is that a healthy way to look at tiny coiled metal bits?  ???  I spend too much time here...

Me too.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1149 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 06:02:54 »
Got my springs! :D

Thank you so much Sprit and BlueBär! Got some name appropriate candy with mine  :)

81295-0
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.