Author Topic: ErgoDuck  (Read 27740 times)

Offline BlueBär

Re: ErgoDuck
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 16:49:14 »
I just hope this does not cost a fortune. The renders show what appears to be an aluminum case. Awghh!

It will have an aluminum case. It's basically an ergo version of the Orion TKL (or the LightSaver), so expect a similar or higher price.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 16:53:19 »
I just hope this does not cost a fortune. The renders show what appears to be an aluminum case. Awghh!
Its going to be at least $300, more towards $500 range.

Duck is pretty much 100% aluminum, and while for other boards he made you could get a different case, this one you can only get from him

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 16:53:41 »

It will have an aluminum case. It's basically an ergo version of the Orion TKL (or the LightSaver), so expect a similar or higher price.

My dreams had blown away. I'll stick with my humble Leo then.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 17:27:34 »
This is the first so called ergonomic keyboard I really like. Does someone have a link to a place with information on the board in English?

^ +1

You guys do realize that there is only one post on this anywhere. Translate the page, but as you can see the verbal information is sparse; the pictures tell the story. This is relatively common to see on the Korean keyboard forums and websites.

I hope it does get made. If so you'll be able to see lots more information and pictures. Lots of pictures.

Closer to the orion than the lightsaver. The orion has a two piece case (and a price to match) whereas the lightsaver and duck mini have just a single piece "tub" case. This will be awesome, but not cheap

You will likely be able to get just the PCBs at a reasonable price. Duck (in partnership with kbd4u) has offered this in the past on all their models

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 17:29:30 »

You will likely be able to get just the PCBs at a reasonable price. Duck (in partnership with kbd4u) has offered this in the past on all their models

The problem with that is where are you going to get a case? DIY it? At least with the 60% and tkl duck sets you can easily get cases elsewhere

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 17:30:51 »
The problem with that is where are you going to get a case? DIY it?
Of course.

I would just get some metal bolts and make legs for it out of those. You can also tent it to your specification.

Offline tbc

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 17:37:03 »
did he forget cables?

I was under the impression metal cases were really annoying for BT keyboards.  not that wireless boards are even very popular.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 17:53:41 »
It is likely not possible to properly render the cables, and they were simply omitted.

Offline tbc

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 18:10:19 »
well, i don't see any cutouts for them either.  did anyone else see them?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 18:12:32 »
It is a nice looking board. Super simple. I wonder if they'll make a version without the left hand cluster (those always screw me up whenever I try to hit control or escape).

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 18:14:33 »
It is a nice looking board. Super simple. I wonder if they'll make a version without the left hand cluster (those always screw me up whenever I try to hit control or escape).

What about those SP locks?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 18:16:20 »
Oooo. Perhaps this will make up for me missing out on the Lightsaver :)

Offline mrmillsy

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 04:32:22 »
I'm with you on the left hand cluster.  I'm sure I COULD learn to handle it, but even a larger than normal base tends to screw with my ESC-mashing so I'm not 100% confident.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 06:42:36 »
You could always remap Esc to the top left key. Are these fully programmable btw?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 11:09:15 »

What about those SP locks?

Hmmm maybe, but then I have non-functioning keys on my board, and that would dive me crazy

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 11:10:23 »
You could always remap Esc to the top left key. Are these fully programmable btw?

If they are, that would definitely be a viable solution.

Offline vatin

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 18:59:47 »
Staggered roll is not ergonomic
OLKB Planck V6

Offline steve.v

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 20:17:49 »
I can't wait to buy this!, er oh wait, it's not programmable, staggered keys, nvm no thanks. It should be renamed classicDuck.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 20:20:52 »
I can't wait to buy this!, er oh wait, it's not programmable, staggered keys, nvm no thanks. It should be renamed classicDuck.

It is probably programmable, as Duck's other keyboards are as well: http://duck0113.tistory.com/84

Offline blackbox

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 01:32:54 »
I would had bought it if it wasnt for the estimated price. Thats more pretty expensive...
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline tbc

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 22:25:41 »
um.  any update?

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 22:33:29 »
um.  any update?

There's a good chance it won't even get made. Even if it does, I wouldn't expect an update for some months.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 02:26:15 »
um.  any update?

There's a good chance it won't even get made. Even if it does, I wouldn't expect an update for some months.

Thats too bad.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 19:05:09 »
Sigh...

It's not Ergo if it's staggered qwerty

i agree. this would be tempting if it wasnt for the staggered layout.  kmac quality and case options are awesome but once you get use to a matrix layout it is just so much better.  who knows maybe these guys will have a pcb variant that is matrix style. doubt it though.

does anyone else have issues trying to access the link on the OP?
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 19:20:45 »
Sigh...

It's not Ergo if it's staggered qwerty

i agree. this would be tempting if it wasnt for the staggered layout.  kmac quality and case options are awesome but once you get use to a matrix layout it is just so much better.  who knows maybe these guys will have a pcb variant that is matrix style. doubt it though.

does anyone else have issues trying to access the link on the OP?

I think staggered is fine, as long as it's split, because you can just turn the board so it more/less replicates column-ar in terms of key spacing..

I think the primary issue with this board will be Tilting option..  it seems easy enough to do..  but being koreans, and how they're obsessed with right angles...  they might forget...

without tenting capability,  this ergoduck would just be a 2 piece paper weight..

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 19:49:23 »
stainless steal angled handwells in a two part kustom ergo board with a 62g ergoclear matrix layout and R3 SA Dolch caps. 

« Last Edit: Sat, 19 April 2014, 19:51:38 by tricheboars »
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline tribade

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 21:31:25 »
Their site is down I guess?  I haven't been able to access it.  I blame you guys  :p

This might be my end game.........

You had better not groupbuy this before the eagle/viper one!  I'm on to you Elton  :)
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline tbc

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 22:10:22 »
i still say a split board is miles more ergonomic than nothinf.  it might not be everything ergo, but it's something ergo

Offline Permeability

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 21:57:10 »
Looks good. Duck comes out with so many miles products hopefully this one goes into production.
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline intelli78

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 22:39:31 »
This kills the wallet.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 22:52:12 »
Sold. "Throws money at screen"

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 22:59:44 »
so much gooding, so little money  :(
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 19:23:54 »
any news on this?

Offline tbc

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 19:35:04 »
seems like 3 months will be the earliest possible.  duck seems to want to finish the whole 'lightsaver' stack (lightsaver, orion, eagle/viper).

I REALLY like the look of this, but I'm not sure I want it to go into production and be tempted :S

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 20:27:22 »
seems like 3 months will be the earliest possible.  duck seems to want to finish the whole 'lightsaver' stack (lightsaver, orion, eagle/viper).

I REALLY like the look of this, but I'm not sure I want it to go into production and be tempted :S

Ditch your ergodox for ergoduck.  :))
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:30:37 »
I will end up with 3 gh60's in the end, but this would be my ideal perfect keyboard for my office @ work.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:32:48 »
I will end up with 3 gh60's in the end, but this would be my ideal perfect keyboard for my office @ work.

Yeah I'd love one of these but I'm pretty sure I'd stick with 60% boards on my other machines, would be a pain having the two pieces plus a mouse when I'm gaming on the telly.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 16:17:42 »
whoa, i'd totally get one
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 16:20:49 »
It's atrocious. Stag-werty is such a gross layout.

Qwerty master race
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 17:17:15 »

Qwerty master race
What’s stag-werty?

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 17:19:42 »

Qwerty master race
What’s stag-werty?

I believe i's a neologism: a portmanteau of staggered and qwerty.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 19:23:26 »
correct

The Ergodox is a good example, though I think it's a better executed one than this.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 21:50:05 »
correct

The Ergodox is a good example, though I think it's a better executed one than this.
So you mean column-staggered QWERTY? I thought you might mean e.g. a symmetric row stagger.

The particular keyboard we’re talking about seems to just use a standard Sholes (1/2, 1/4, 1/2) key row stagger, so I’m confused by the apparent contradiction between “It's atrocious” and “Qwerty master race”.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 22:07:37 »
I was curious about this also. it looks like standard qwerty to me except for the extra left keys, the short right shift and extra right keys.

Offline divito

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 08:43:53 »
Any updates on this?
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 08:48:10 »
Is that a split spacebar Duck? Help guys, I am dying over here.
Also, split spacebar dolch? Is this heaven?
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 17:19:56 »
yeah the spacebars are shift keys :)

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 17:34:27 »
It's just a render. I'm not sure if GMK can make spacebars in that size.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 21:41:43 »
It's just a render. I'm not sure if GMK can make spacebars in that size.

Those spacebars are apparently shiftkey sized, so a flipped blank shift might work....
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 21:57:29 »
Whatever-size DSA caps work pretty well for spacebars, I find (even if the rest of the caps are cherry or DCS or whatever profile). I’d recommend using those instead of cylindrical-profile shift keys, flipped or not.