Author Topic: Hard 40%, 60%, and TKL carrying cases on Massdrop  (Read 119185 times)

Offline intelli78

Hard to tell but how much padding are we talking about? I'm in need of a protective case for all my boards that will withstand shipping overseas for example.

Not an enormous amount inside... I would say maybe half to three quarters of a cm all around. With regard to shipping, are we talking about shipping in a normally packed box (e.g., full of packing peanuts or wadded up brown paper)? The cases will do a fantastic job protecting your board in that kind of environment, and will totally mitigate the need for a careful bubble wrap job, if that's what you're asking. There would be no issue whatsoever with that and I would be totally comfortable sending my own boards that way, including heavy metal customs. They'll easily protect against dented aluminum corners and that sort of stuff. no problem.

If you are talking about a more abusive shipping environment than that, describe it and I can give you my thoughts.

Any other users with one of the cases are welcome to chime in.

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:28:07 by intelli78 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
I just put my HHKB in the case. It is very snug, If I jostle it around the board does not move around and hit the sides - it sits firmly in place. It might be able to slide a little forward and backwards if you don't put a cable at the back but that should be no big issue. The sides are sturdy and should protect well from most abuse. I wouldn't drop it from the top of a building or anything but I would feel fine with anything that uses some care. I mean if you keyboard arrived fine from the postal service then it should be fine (if not better) with this extra level of protection on it.

Offline intelli78

I just put my HHKB in the case. It is very snug, If I jostle it around the board does not move around and hit the sides - it sits firmly in place. It might be able to slide a little forward and backwards if you don't put a cable at the back but that should be no big issue. The sides are sturdy and should protect well from most abuse. I wouldn't drop it from the top of a building or anything but I would feel fine with anything that uses some care. I mean if you keyboard arrived fine from the postal service then it should be fine (if not better) with this extra level of protection on it.

This is a good assessment. I would not stomp one of these cases or sit on one with my full weight, but that should never happen. Treat it with the reasonable care you'd treat a laptop in a case, for example, and it will pay you back by handsomely protecting your keyboard.  :thumb:

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Why just ergodox orders? I'm sure someone would jump on a custom order for another case. I know I'm eagerly awaiting the next round of custom orders so I can get something done for my QFR.

It's just a matter of specialization -- it's easier and faster to focus on one type of case when possible, so we just wanted to run ErgoDox this time. Plus, these cases are really just a side project for this artisan, so there is limited bandwidth. We'll open it back up for other custom orders early next month  :)

Makes sense, thanks for that. Looking forward to orders opening back up :D
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline intelli78

Re: Keyboard carrying cases - $49 Poker/HHKB in stock
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:44:10 »
OK, update: the artisan is busy until August, so no more custom/ErgoDox cases until then. In the meantime, we have 2 of the $49 Poker/HHKB cases left, as well as the pre-made cases listed in the OP.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:29:46 »
Here are some new pics using my fancy-schmancy posterboard lighting setup...  :p

Offline solar

« Reply #306 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 00:56:43 »
Will place an order when I get my next paycheck!

Offline intelli78

« Reply #307 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 13:18:23 »
Will place an order when I get my next paycheck!

Sounds good!  :thumb:

Poker X / II / HHKB in black with 3/4" velcro closure has been sold.

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #308 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 13:53:35 »
ygpm

...and I was treating my wallet so well.  Looks like I'm getting sucked back in as soon as I return to GH.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline intelli78

« Reply #309 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 17:15:07 »
Special Edition Poker II/HHKB case sold to wiredPANDA... one left!

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
Re: Keyboard carrying cases - $49 Poker/HHKB in stock (1 left)
« Reply #310 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 18:03:44 »
Just sent a PM about the purple poker case!
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline intelli78

Re: Keyboard carrying cases - $49 Poker/HHKB in stock (1 left)
« Reply #311 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 18:37:53 »
Replied. Special edition Poker/HHKB cases are sold out!

I have also cut prices on the remaining FC660C/M cases and the KMAC II case - we want to clear these out to make room for new stuff in August. See OP. Send me a PM if you're interested.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 July 2014, 18:41:42 by intelli78 »

Offline intelli78

One of the FC660 cases has been sold. Still have these two, which both have the lovely rare earth magnet closure!

FC660C or M in blue with black lining and rare earth magnet closure - $69.00

FC660C or M in black with red side panels and a red side handle with rare earth magnet closure - $69.00

Offline Kraksx

When I go off to school later this year I will definitely get one of these for going to and from the library

Poker II

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
My 60% case arrived today. Incredibly fast international shipping and I'm very happy with the quality of the case.

Thanks intelli!
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
I saw your cases at keycon and was really impressed, I plan on picking up one sometime. :D

Anybody who is thinking about it should get one!

Offline Rezorcful

For the custom orders, are ya'll making a list of dimensions for most keyboards? Im definitely ordering one for my Ducky 9087G2 TKL. I dont have access to my boards atm.. I guess you could say I'm AFK :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 July 2014, 21:47:05 by Rezorcful »

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Are these safe for ironing? I am planning on putting one of my Star Citizen patches on this baby.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline intelli78

Re: Keyboard carrying cases - Poker/HHKB sold out, sale on FC660C/M and KMAC II
« Reply #318 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 11:55:39 »
Hey, just want to let everyone know that a new round is coming up this Sunday. Sorry to anyone I haven't gotten back to by PM... have just been busy and waiting to confirm details of next round. Stay tuned!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #319 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:14:02 »
Are these safe for ironing? I am planning on putting one of my Star Citizen patches on this baby.
Just put a towel in between and you will be fine. The highest problem with ironing on nylon and the like is staying in direct contact for too long.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline ZeeKay

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 15:06:18 »
Any plans on ergodox full-hand cases?

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #321 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 15:12:38 »
Just chiming in, as I didn't post when I received it due to travel/work.

I picked up the HHKB/60% case and my Poker fits beautifully inside.  Not too tight that it would cause pressure to keys/etc..., but tight enough that it doesn't bounce around inside.  I'll have an HHKB this weekend to test drive in the case, too.  Don't expect differing results.

TBH - the case is better than I was expecting, kudos to intelli (and the artisan).  And dealing with intelli for the purchase/shipping was a breeze.  If you're on the fence - lean towards picking up one of these cases.  I'm much less concerned with my flights now that I have a case for my boards.

| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline Kravid

« Reply #322 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 16:24:04 »
Awesome initiative - I just put in an order.  ;D

Offline intelli78

Re: Hard carrying cases - Orders now open - now starting at $55!
« Reply #323 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 22:46:48 »
OP has been updated (I strongly suggest you read it), and orders are now OPEN again  :thumb:

Highlights: Cases now start at $55, new colors, new closure option, new automated ordering system.

TO ORDER: 60% / 75% / TKL | ErgoDox

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #324 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 23:21:44 »
OP has been updated (I strongly suggest you read it), and orders are now OPEN again  :thumb:

Highlights: Cases now start at $55, new colors, new closure option, new automated ordering system.

TO ORDER: 60% / 75% / TKL | ErgoDox

Yes!!! I've been waiting for this! Ordered mine!  ;D
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #325 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 23:34:11 »
Dimensions of the QFR case? I'm considering buying/making at some point in the future a custom wood/aluminum/CF case for my QFR -- although at the point it gets there, it'll barely be a QFR anymore :P -- and I'd like to know how much space I'd have to work with were I to order one of your carrying cases.

How hard would it be to get an orange option for the side panels? I'd love a black/orange case for the 60% I'm building and putting Nostalgia keycaps on.

You'll probably be seeing an order from me soon :)
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline intelli78

« Reply #326 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 23:36:36 »

4 cases sold in the first 30min... 11 to go.

Offline osman99

• follow the smoke to the riff filled land
« Reply #327 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 23:39:45 »

I think It looks great and it was fast and efficient thanks for making this so easy!

Offline Kravid

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 01:43:18 »
The website was very easy to use. I was able to spend my money very easily.   :))

I struggled a bit to understand the difference between the "KB Paradise V60" and "KB Paradise V60 MTS" options in the top drop-down, before I realised that the latter signifies "Matias" switches. I was not even aware these are for sale already?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 02:03:45 »
Dimensions of the QFR case? I'm considering buying/making at some point in the future a custom wood/aluminum/CF case for my QFR -- although at the point it gets there, it'll barely be a QFR anymore :P -- and I'd like to know how much space I'd have to work with were I to order one of your carrying cases.

How hard would it be to get an orange option for the side panels? I'd love a black/orange case for the 60% I'm building and putting Nostalgia keycaps on.

Hmm, well, it's hard to precisely measure inside since there is fabric and padding. But you're not going to have much space beyond the dimensions of a stock QFR. Maybe half to 3/4 a centimeter in each dimension before it gets too tight? Easiest will be if your case has the same dimensions as the stock case (obv.) -- but on the other hand, we can always work with you to make a custom case after you've got your project done. So, whatever works!

I think It looks great and it was fast and efficient thanks for making this so easy!

Nice! Thank YOU!!

The website was very easy to use. I was able to spend my money very easily.   :))

I struggled a bit to understand the difference between the "KB Paradise V60" and "KB Paradise V60 MTS" options in the top drop-down, before I realised that the latter signifies "Matias" switches. I was not even aware these are for sale already?

Great! Yes, the V60 MTS is an upcoming KBParadise board with Matias alps. Just planning ahead :)

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 10:12:13 »

I had no problems with the website. It was very easy to use and very intuitive. :thumb:
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 10:14:36 »
needs more ORANGE :P

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 11:42:58 »

Hmm, well, it's hard to precisely measure inside since there is fabric and padding. But you're not going to have much space beyond the dimensions of a stock QFR. Maybe half to 3/4 a centimeter in each dimension before it gets too tight? Easiest will be if your case has the same dimensions as the stock case (obv.) -- but on the other hand, we can always work with you to make a custom case after you've got your project done. So, whatever works!

Thanks for the info. Order placed for a QFR case. I have two QFRs, so if the new case won't fit in this case, I'll just use this one for my other board and order another one.

Any idea when this run will be shipped out, and what should I do if I'd like to change my shipping address?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 14:30:41 »
needs more ORANGE :P

There have been a couple other requests for orange, and I am looking into it right now  :thumb:

Thanks for the info. Order placed for a QFR case. I have two QFRs, so if the new case won't fit in this case, I'll just use this one for my other board and order another one.

Any idea when this run will be shipped out, and what should I do if I'd like to change my shipping address?

30 days is the official lead time, but it will probably be considerably sooner. These cases are just one project among many for the artisan who makes them, so there are a lot of potential variables. But absolutely no longer than 30 days. Just PM me if you need to change your shipping address :)

Offline calavera

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 17:42:56 »
Tried ordering online but for odd size boards how do you set it up?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 18:39:00 »
Tried ordering online but for odd size boards how do you set it up?

Select "other" in the list of keyboards and use the comments box. I will follow up to get measurements if necessary. :)

Offline intelli78

Re: Keyboard cases - hard and soft cases now available!
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 20:47:56 »
Update:

Only 6 custom orders left for hard-sided cases this month.
3 Ergodox left.

Soft cases now available, starting at $19: http://www.keychatter.com/2014/08/13/soft-keyboard-carrying-cases-now-available/

Offline intelli78

« Reply #337 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 02:06:55 »
Guys,

A couple folks who don't have access to their keyboards want to order cases. Can anyone provide dimensions for KBParadise V60 or Ducky 9087G2 Pro TKL? I will hook you up with a 20% off code... :thumb:

Offline intelli78

« Reply #338 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 17:45:54 »
4 hard-sided custom case orders left for the month.

Next 3 orders for soft cases can get 20% off with code 20offsoft  :)

Offline SwissFTW

Re: Keyboard cases - hard and soft cases now available - coupon codes inside:)
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 20:40:26 »
I'm definitely looking to get one of the hard cases for my HHKB that should be arriving soon since I travel frequently now. I checked out the one that wiredPANDA got recently and I was very impressed.

Any idea when you will have more stock? I'm not too concerned with color combinations at this point.

WhiteFox  | HHKB Pro 2 | KBT Pure MX Browns | CM Storm MX Browns | Ducky YOTD MX Browns | Ducky Shine II MX Browns
    TrueFox

Offline intelli78

« Reply #340 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 00:30:44 »
Should be able to take some more orders in the next 1-2 weeks. I will get more info and report back shortly.

Offline SwissFTW

« Reply #341 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 22:38:24 »
Should be able to take some more orders in the next 1-2 weeks. I will get more info and report back shortly.

Great. Ill keep an eye out.

WhiteFox  | HHKB Pro 2 | KBT Pure MX Browns | CM Storm MX Browns | Ducky YOTD MX Browns | Ducky Shine II MX Browns
    TrueFox

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
Re: Keyboard cases - soft cases now available - hard cases SOLD OUT
« Reply #342 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 14:36:55 »
I will definitely get a Hard case for my new Poker II when it is available!  :thumb:

Offline SirPony

• EHHHH All Caps Come @ me
« Reply #343 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 17:28:10 »
ehhh missed those hard cases

Offline osman99

« Reply #344 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 18:45:47 »
I don't mean to rush you but do you know when my order may be completed ?

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 18:06:39 »
Just got mine in!

Super happy! The color match is amazing and so is the quality!
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #346 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 16:11:57 »
Just got mine in!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Super happy! The color match is amazing and so is the quality!
Saw this on reddit! :D great pictures! Going to order one of these when they are back in Stock!

Btw, you missed the best pictures with your phone included :)

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #347 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 16:14:25 »
Looking forward to it! :D my new poker II(got it yesterday) feels naked ;)

Offline osman99

« Reply #348 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 16:44:02 »
I got mine in today, it's really nice, great job, build quality looks and feels solid 10/10

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #349 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 15:38:21 »
are you going to start making 40%(JD 40,SmallFry) hard cases?