Author Topic: Does anyone else use high DPI?  (Read 42754 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: Does anyone else use high DPI?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 19:22:59 »
Also, since i've spent many years of my life playing guitar, micro-motions of my right hand are already pretty well tuned. If you can alternate pick guitar strings, you can use low motion high sensitivity mouse control.

Ohhhhhh this might explain why I like high sensitivity too since I played guitar 7~ years ish
I love Elzy

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 14:00:00 »
I generally run about 3000-4000 dpi, I find it more comfortable. Anything more than that and I sometimes overshoot last hits; anything less and it's just too sluggish.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline jakkdl

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 14:16:55 »
If you don't like moving your arm you might want to look into trackballs, your video looks somewhat similar to my trackball usage - except i use my fingers for control instead of the wrist. That might even appeal to your guitar fingers even more!

Das Keyboard S Ultimate, Cherry MX Blue

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 14:54:34 »
If you don't like moving your arm you might want to look into trackballs, your video looks somewhat similar to my trackball usage - except i use my fingers for control instead of the wrist. That might even appeal to your guitar fingers even more!

I've actually been leaning that direction for a while now... just haven't embarked in that journey yet, and currently available trackball options leave a bit to be desired.
Logitech G710+

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 21:46:22 »
I use no more than 1200 dpi on 1920x1080. I'm just too used to using slower mice.

Offline Kamen Rider Blade

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 02:17:34 »
On my Logitech G600, I use 8200 DPI

On my Logitech G602, I use 2500 DPI

Both are the mouse's max DPI

Either way, I can use any DPI, I prefer higher as well for minimal wrist / hand movement

Offline blackbox

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 14:03:56 »
I can't do anything more than 800 dpi. What you describe seems absolutely insane to me.

Same here. My mx510 has just the right dpi for me. Precision isn't really my thing which makes high dpi hopeless for me.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Kamen Rider Blade

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 15:09:10 »
I can't do anything more than 800 dpi. What you describe seems absolutely insane to me.

Same here. My mx510 has just the right dpi for me. Precision isn't really my thing which makes high dpi hopeless for me.

Everybody's body is capable of different levels of mouse control. Through practice, willingness, and physical capability, there is a DPI that is good for you.

If you decided that your hand isn't capable of high precision, high DPI, that's fine.

There's no one size fits all.

As long as there is a DPI solution that can fit every scenario, there is no such thing as too high DPI, since you can adjust it to your liking.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 03:22:41 »
I use 3kish on the desktop, and 1.8k on sc2, moba games, and 450/400 on fps games
Hi :)

Offline Coreda

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 03:33:44 »
If 1150dpi could be considered 'relatively high' then yes. Used to use 400dpi, but the added sensitivity is useful. Anything more is a bit too jerky.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 04:12:01 »
On a 30 incher you need something around 3600dpi minimum.  Though these days I'm getting lazy and will sit on 5200dpi just so the cursor can fly around everywhere when needed.

Mostly using the settings within normal web page browsing and shopping, that's all.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 05:03:15 »
On a 30 incher you need something around 3600dpi minimum.  Though these days I'm getting lazy and will sit on 5200dpi just so the cursor can fly around everywhere when needed.

Mostly using the settings within normal web page browsing and shopping, that's all.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah me too except I go beyond that level of laziness and just keep it for EVERYthing I do except FPS games which I rarely play now anyway.
I love Elzy

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 10:32:11 »

I have 3 30 inch monitors, and run at 450dpi/125hz on my EC1 CL

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:52:29 »

Just out of interest, how big is your mouse pad?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 00:23:26 »
Corsair MM600, however big that is

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 18:31:58 »
Now this got me thinking. That's what they mean with 4K monitors.. you need at least 4000 dpi to comfortably move around :p

But really.. I only have a 24" (1920 x 1200) and I use 3400 dpi on my g400s at 1000hz polling interval rate and it is still too slow sometimes.

What about those 4k screens? I mean, they double the pixels. Wouldn't you need like 6k+ dpi to move around comfortably on those screens?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 22:30:30 »
That is a good point. I never thought about monitor and mouse dpi being related.

All I know is that I have a horizontal resolution of 5040px, so I have to have a fairly high dpi in order to be able to move around comfortably. I don't know how people can live while having to use huge strokes and then repeatedly pick up their mouse because they hit the side of their mousepad.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 02:19:39 »
I use 1080×1920+1600×1200 with a fingertip-grip mouse set to ~1000 cpi or even less (~500 cpi very often) these days, because I've figured it's quite precise, the mouse glides pretty fast on the hard mousepad and I tend to lift the mouse all the time anyway, even with high sensitivity.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:57:07 »
I use 2500 dpi. Is that considered high?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:58:39 »
I use 1600 at 1080p. My best friend uses 3900 at 1080p...I have no idea how he does anything accurately in any FPS we play, but he gets by.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 12:40:41 »

I am wondering, I am also thinking about getting myself 2-3 30"-ers. But is it usable/ Out of curiosity, could you post a pic so that I could see how such a massive setup looks?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline trace.

• 「ひとりぼっち」「empty4ever」
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 07:17:11 »
I used 1000 dpi for a looooong time.
Switched to 1600 dpi used that for a while too.
Currently @750 dpi with my g100s.
Going to replace it soon because of the buttons breaking.

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 16:29:32 »
You must be a Zerg or Protoss.
I'm an ex high Dpi user. I switched after logically realizing how inacurate and hard i was making things for me, i still long for the comfort of fingertiping the **** out of 3k+ but.. it's really not worth it. I wonder how much i tripped myself up for always increasing my dpi as much as i could.

I have not played FPS competitively in a long while, but i can still do headshots in games like Ut3 with 2.5k, problem is.. when youre having a bad day, then you really have a bad day, with higher dpi's every little thing makes a huge difference. Performance becomes too unreliable.

Im a  800-1000dpi user now.

« Last Edit: Tue, 12 August 2014, 16:32:50 by geekhackforumaccount »

Offline divito

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 20:37:03 »
Anyone using over 1000 is probably a youngin' in the gaming world and it's way higher than needed. There are no appreciable benefits at that amount or any higher. People can argue more "smoothness" for accuracy, but that doesn't really pan out if you're using the right sensitivity for your movement style.

High level graphics work is probably one of the few areas high DPI might be helpful.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 01:45:25 »
Anyone using over 1000 is probably a youngin' in the gaming world and it's way higher than needed. There are no appreciable benefits at that amount or any higher. People can argue more "smoothness" for accuracy, but that doesn't really pan out if you're using the right sensitivity for your movement style.

High level graphics work is probably one of the few areas high DPI might be helpful.

Lol is 20 considered young these days?

I've recently been alternating between 800 and 1200 dpi depending on the game (osu/league). I don't believe high dpi has much 'accuracy' if you're going into the 6000s for dpi

Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline divito

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 02:43:40 »
Lol is 20 considered young these days?

I started gaming competitively 15 years ago, so relatively, 20 is young, yes.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 02:44:03 »
The DPI and overall sensitivity I use is considerably lower than that of most people in this thread. I use a DPI of 450. With a windows sensitivity of 6/11. In FPS, my ingame sensitivity tends to be very low. In Counter Strike:Global Offensive, it is 1.75. In something like battlefield 4 it is as low as 3%.

I know it sounds horrible to a lot of people. And even for me, this kind of sensitivity was once silly. Many years ago, when Counter Strike 1.6 was really popular as a competitive game, I kind of ran into a wall. Despite the hours I put in, I felt unable to improve past a certain point. At first, I focused on the metagame to try and improve, and sure enough, this did lead to me being more successful in the game. But the simple fact remained that my speed and accuracy was not what I wanted it to be.

So after using a fairly high sensitivity for years (most people would think of it as a medium sensitivity). I one day decide to use a lower sensitivity. Even though it is silly to mimic the style of play of a pro gamer, my main reason for trying this out was that my favorite players at the time all had a low sensitivity playing style. Of course, because a certain level of sensitivity works for someone else does not mean that it works for you. However, I forced myself to stick with a lower sensitivity for a week or so.

During this time, I did not do matches with the people I normally play with, but just stuck to doing whatever helped me get used to the new sensitivity. Which at first meant playing a lot of Team Death Match. After just as little as a week (though playing every evening of every day during that week), I found that my overall accuracy and speed had already increased compared to my previous sensitivity that I had been using for years in other games (and for about a year and a half in CS 1.6).

Me and the guys I play with sometimes have LAN ( about twice a year ), and people always think it is fun to watch me play due to my sensitivity settings. These days, my sensitivity is lower than the one I copied from my old heroes. I tried to find a video to kind of show what that looks like. I found this, and I can tell this is almost the exact same sensitivity I play with:
t=2m20s
Here is another, from a well-known player. Though not quite as clear as the previous video:

I chose these videos because they show both the mouse movement and what happens on the screen. What you can see with those videos, is the kind of trade off that you get with using a low sensitivity in FPS. Yes, acquiring a target can be a lot easier for some people at low sensitivity, but you have to be able to do constant rapid sweeps of the mouse or your response would be too slow. Additionally, things like turning 180 degrees, will always be slower with a low sensitivity compared to a high sensitivity. That is why a low sensitivity might be more useful in some games than in others, depending on the accuracy needed, and the overall speed of the game.

Anyway, this is all just from an FPS perspective.

This playstyle is also what sparked my interest in mice (see the guide in my signature). Playing with a very low sensitivity is quite demanding, and exposes many problems a mouse may have. The problem that is most common is that sensors simply do not track at the speed with which you move the mouse. This practically forces you to go for gaming mice with decent sensors. Also other issues, such as acceleration may just be a theoretical problems for some, but if you swipe the mouse over large distances all the time, it becomes quite noticeable.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 03:02:35 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline divito

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 02:49:54 »
What you can see with those videos, is the kind of trade off that you get with using a low sensitivity in FPS. Yes, acquiring a target can be a lot easier for some people at low sensitivity, but you have to be able to do constant rapid sweeps of the mouse or your response would be too slow. Additionally, things like turning 180 degrees, will always be slower with a low sensitivity compared to a high sensitivity.

Anyway, this is all just from an FPS perspective.

This is where large mousepads came in back in the day (because of the prevalence with pros and low sensitivity), along with calibrating your sensitivity to the size of pad and your play style. For instance, some people maintained a centered position with their mouse on the pad, where they (and myself included) would set their sensitivity to such a value that swiping to the edge of the mousepad would complete a 180-degree turn to avoid flashes (flashbangs for those unfamiliar), and then allow for re-orientation.

As a perspective to Grim, my CS 1.6 sensitivity was 1.7 back in the day with my IE 3.0 mouse (400dpi), with the standard 6/11 Windows sensitivity. I haven't played CS in quite awhile, including CS:GO so I can't comment on those values. Outside of that, my QL sensitivity is currently 2.8 (still with my 400dpi), but that's an altogether different FPS experience and expectation in regards to speed and movement.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 02:54:13 by divito »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 09:39:00 »
Using 1800 for Osu until I get my tablet... still rocking the 5700 casually. In shooting games I have been toning it back down though.
I love Elzy

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:18:59 »
Using 1800 for Osu until I get my tablet... still rocking the 5700 casually. In shooting games I have been toning it back down though.

Fk you, you don't even play osu

(If you're starting to play again, play with me lel)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:20:22 »

Maybe when I get my tablet :D so bad right now
I love Elzy

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:28:10 »

Dirty tablet user..JKI might have to switch soon, hitting my skill ceiling on the mouseMaybe when I get my tablet :D  so bad right now

Offline Johan

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 12:39:36 »
Starnan was on meta a few days ago, He also uses really high dpi, he said he used 6000 something, but he recently brought it down to 4,7k.
I started playing starcraft on a laptop with 15,6 inch 1080p screen and 400 dpi, someone told me when I was in bronze that higher dpi=better, so I started playing with 3,2k. I was having really bad wrist pains, and I read somewhere that It was good to keep it low because you move your arm more or something, so I moved down to 1200. The issue was that I was holding the mouse in a strange way that put a ton of pressure on my wrist. Then I got my salmosa asian edition with 800 or 1800 dpi so I choose 800, and stuck too it. A lot of mice seem to have that step so I stuck to it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 12:41:35 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline divito

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 14:18:40 »
Starnan was on meta a few days ago, He also uses really high dpi, he said he used 6000 something, but he recently brought it down to 4,7k.
I started playing starcraft on a laptop with 15,6 inch 1080p screen and 400 dpi, someone told me when I was in bronze that higher dpi=better, so I started playing with 3,2k. I was having really bad wrist pains, and I read somewhere that It was good to keep it low because you move your arm more or something, so I moved down to 1200. The issue was that I was holding the mouse in a strange way that put a ton of pressure on my wrist. Then I got my salmosa asian edition with 800 or 1800 dpi so I choose 800, and stuck too it. A lot of mice seem to have that step so I stuck to it.

You also bring up a point I forgot to mention in my above posts. Lower DPI and sens will, as you pointed out, rely more on arm movement than wrist movement. This ergonomically, is also better.

Offline Johan

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 16:48:13 »
At 800 I still mostly move my wrist and fingers rather than my arm. But I don't play fps games that often, so I very rarely need to move my arm. It might be that I use a smaller mouse(g100s, I want this shape but longer and slightly lower.)
Uh, stuff.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 09:54:08 »
Lower DPI and sens will, as you pointed out, rely more on arm movement than wrist movement. This ergonomically, is also better.
Low sensitivity palm grip is pretty awful for the shoulder/back, if you ask me. It has a lot to do with keyboard width and desk/tray height as well though.

Offline divito

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 11:03:34 »
Lower DPI and sens will, as you pointed out, rely more on arm movement than wrist movement. This ergonomically, is also better.
Low sensitivity palm grip is pretty awful for the shoulder/back, if you ask me.

Not sure I understand. Could you explain?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 11:36:11 »
Low sensitivity palm grip is pretty awful for the shoulder/back, if you ask me.

Not sure I understand. Could you explain?

Offline divito

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 12:12:42 »
I still don't really see the issue. Even moving back and forth on my larger mousepad than the one pictured, my shoulder actually plays very little role. The only time my shoulder is activated is during more intense movements during a game like Quake. Outside of that, I imagine your blue lines indicate movement back to a typing position? I can somewhat understand how that might increase movement, but there's not many alleviations for that, no matter the variables.

The biggest things people should consider when setting up their desk is that:

1. Arms are essentially at a 90 degree angle when in use at the desk.
2. WASD finger placement and mouse hand placement are shoulder-width apart, perpendicular.
3. Monitors tilted or raised so they're at eye level.
4. Maintain upright posture throughout sessions.

The other aspect to all of this is still going to be relative to the person and their physical nature. In a strictly general and anecdotal sense, from my time in gaming, from those I know personally, higher sensitivities and DPI put far more strain on your wrist because that's the only thing you're moving. Utilizing your arm and shoulder gives your wrist a break; that's not to say you will never be contorting or bending your wrists in gaming or computer sessions, but it spares you from the repetitive movements on just one body part.

And to your point, someone could have shoulder or back issues that become exasperbated with a lower DPI. Ergonomically speaking though, I'm fairly certain the general consensus would be on my above information.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 12:48:45 »
No. I do not use High DPI (Dead Possum Ingestion technology).
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 14:38:56 »
The biggest things people should consider when setting up their desk is that:

1. Arms are essentially at a 90 degree angle when in use at the desk.
2. WASD finger placement and mouse hand placement are shoulder-width apart, perpendicular.
That's actually the problem.

My shoulders are slightly wider than average (which is about 46 cm AFAIK) and if I keep my arms almost in parallel with my body, forearms form ~90° angle with my belly and I place the left hand on WASD, then my right hand is on the nav cluster or numpad of a "standard" keyboard. This means my forearm is already pointing outwards, when I grab the mouse right next to the right side of a normal keyboard. Add low sensitivity (i.e. the mouse moves 30+ cm) and the forearm is suddenly pointing outwards at up to ~60° angle—or the elbow is floating in the air without any support. This is fatiguing.

Of course, if there's no keyboard to the right of said WASD, hands can for a triangle and the elbow is the pivot, it's a different story. It's nothing common though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 August 2014, 14:40:29 by davkol »

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 15:34:38 »
Sifo I'm very curious.
I too hate moving across the mouse pad.
What is your dpi/monitor size/resolution and mousepad?
I'm using 2k dpi on 23" 1920x1080 and my hand is mostly stationary.
I use a Hayate mouse pad.
I'm wondering why you have to have your DPI so high to achieve the same movement.

Measured with a ruler an extended desktop on another same monitor ~2" = 3840 pixels.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 21:53:37 »

Sifo I'm very curious.
I too hate moving across the mouse pad.
What is your dpi/monitor size/resolution and mousepad?
I'm using 2k dpi on 23" 1920x1080 and my hand is mostly stationary.
I use a Hayate mouse pad.
I'm wondering why you have to have your DPI so high to achieve the same movement.

Measured with a ruler an extended desktop on another same monitor ~2" = 3840 pixels.

He's not human :S

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 04:23:50 »

Never trust Bronze or Protoss Logic. ;)

Offline Johan

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 10:04:46 »

Never trust Bronze or Protoss Logic. ;)

I think I was also using acceleration and maxed windows speed. I was so bad at splitting Marines so I switched to zerg. It also seems like most protoss players tend to have higher than avarage dpi, I guess the type of micro they have to preform is very different than zerg players, I can't see my self successfully selecting a single zergling/baneling with 5k+ dpi.
Uh, stuff.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 23:13:22 »

I am wondering, I am also thinking about getting myself 2-3 30"-ers. But is it usable/ Out of curiosity, could you post a pic so that I could see how such a massive setup looks?

It's pretty intense, but IMO perfectly usable.

My current setup (3 x Dell 3014's on Dell MSA14 arms):

An older shot (when I had 3011's on stands):

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 23:33:39 »
I tend to stick to 3300 DPI on my Logitech proteus core but due to the calibration it's probably closer to a 2200 on another mouse.
I thought over 2k was considered high...

Offline gooseta

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 14:45:10 »
yea, for fps 600-1200 is the best range..
WASD v1 with browns
Ducky Shine 3 TKL with blues and orange backlight
KBT Pure with greens
Leopold FC660M with blues
Spirit 87% with clears

Offline Danny89

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 04:16:46 »
I have a 17 inch monitor (1920x1080) and use 3120 dpi, windows at 6/11.
I usually play only Osu and for me it's impossible at lesser dpi settings, i always find myself too short for the required movement and it's uncomfortable to move too much all the time, with this setting it's just about right to cover all the screen effortlessly.
Before i bought my new mouse, the old one was 1000 dpi and the game settings at 3.1x, now the game is disabled to have the same feeling.

PS: i have the new mouse from 3 days ago and i already beat many old records, it's another world from that cheap mouse before.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 09:51:49 »
I have a 17 inch monitor (1920x1080) and use 3120 dpi, windows at 6/11.
I usually play only Osu and for me it's impossible at lesser dpi settings, i always find myself too short for the required movement and it's uncomfortable to move too much all the time, with this setting it's just about right to cover all the screen effortlessly.
Before i bought my new mouse, the old one was 1000 dpi and the game settings at 3.1x, now the game is disabled to have the same feeling.

PS: i have the new mouse from 3 days ago and i already beat many old records, it's another world from that cheap mouse before.

xD

Having the proper mouse in hand is a completely different world!