Author Topic: [FS] GeekKeys Resin & Zinc keycap, Alu spacebar Pink 7x, MKC keycap  (Read 99343 times)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
  • Trade Count: (0)
I have uploaded an album of the pictures. The keyboard was wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped in the keyboard box by itself in the first picture. I took some caps off in the second picture to show the dirt and debris that was underneath. The last pictures are of the shine on the space bar. If there was no wear/shine on the space bar on the bottom right like I said, it shouldn't reflect the light like that and I think in the last picture, it definitely shows with less light glaring off the shine/worn area.

http://imgur.com/a/2XuOh

as I said, I've used it only about 1 month, but I have used it very little, it was on the computer desk 1 month so the dirt is inevitable. I didn't use anything to shield keyboard. I have to say that as soon as you pay, I sent it and not clean it up, I am so sorry for that. If I wanted to mislead you that it is very new, I cleaned it before sending. Also on the space bar, I do not know how to explain to you. because of its status I use very little

I definitely feel very misled. You claimed the Realforce was "like new, very new": http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56715.msg1282617#msg1282617.

And the dirt underneath the keyboard is on top of the dirt that was caked onto the key caps which I had to wipe down thoroughly after I got it so I could test to make sure all the keys worked. Yes, you keep saying you used it very little, but regardless, the fact is that there is very much noticeable shine on the spacebar. If I had known it was in this kind of condition with shine on the spacebar, I would not have bought it. Will you be making this right? I paid nearly the price of a brand new Realforce 10th Anniversary Edition and received nothing like it. I would like a $100 refund.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 April 2014, 07:51:45 by missalaire »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
Shipping it in the box, really?

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
Shipping it in the box, really?

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Hopefully those two resolve it soon enough.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
So much wrong with that RF
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
I think partial refund is good solution for both.

But HHKB and RF87 spacebar are ABS, they can easy to shiny in short time. It's my opinion.
Thats not true. Abs shines faster than pbt, yes. But not in the given time OP states.

You are right demik :)

Except he is not, abs can definitely develop noticeable shine from one month of daily use. That being said it is not right the seller to list it as new..
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline missalaire

But HHKB and RF87 spacebar are ABS, they can easy to shiny in short time. It's my opinion.
Thats not true. Abs shines faster than pbt, yes. But not in the given time OP states.

Except he is not, abs can definitely develop noticeable shine from one month of daily use. That being said it is not right the seller to list it as new..

He is right because it shouldn't have developed shine "in the given time OP states". The OP stated to me in PM that he only used it 5-7 times during that 1 month that he claimed it was used for.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
Is that rust on the RF plate?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
  • Trade Count: (1)
I was wondering the same.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Re read what I wrote. OP stated he used it very minimal. Which is not true if that spacebar has shine on it. Dont question me. Im always right. Even when im wrong.

Offline missalaire

RF has a metal plate? I wasn't aware. At any rate I'll be checking the possible rust when I get home from work. From the way things are looking though, I'm leaning more towards a full refund + return shipping paid from his end.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 April 2014, 09:52:09 by missalaire »

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
am using an HHKBpro2, from those photos I can tell that spacebar is nearly the same with mine, which is used everyday for about 3 months.

Not to mention them marks on the plate, I feel lucky for skipping that board.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Maybe OP isnt first owner

Offline Belfong

• Trade Count: (2)
I still can't believe he's selling $330 for that condition. I'm pissed because I was considering buying at that time. I'd be pissed if I were to get such a quality at that price!

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
He is right because it shouldn't have developed shine "in the given time OP states". The OP stated to me in PM that he only used it 5-7 times during that 1 month that he claimed it was used for.
Yea didn't know that, maybe those 5-7 times were 100 hour session each? :p
Jk OP should partial refund you the board is not even in a ok condition, far far from "like'' new..

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
I have a RF TKL, and it's been my daily driver for 2+ months now. (a lot of gaming, and typing) and my spacebar isn't as shiny as that...

Good luck on resolving the problem!

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline missalaire

Yea didn't know that, maybe those 5-7 times were 100 hour session each? :p
Jk OP should partial refund you the board is not even in a ok condition, far far from "like'' new..

I think at this point, asking for a full refund and return shipping is inevitable..

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Rust on the plate? Full refund.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Ask op if he is the only owner of the rf. If not, yeah he might have only used it for a couple times but he added to the shinyness of the spacebar from the previous owner.

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
If I received a used board advertised as almost new in that state I would lose my ****. The backplate looks like a crumb collector, it's disgusting. There is no way a couple of weeks of casual use accumulates that much grit and food crumbs unless he's eating every meal over it. I sold two boards to friends earlier this year and completely disassembled both, used a q-tip to clean the entire plate/pcb, washed the keycaps and lubed the stabilizers. Glad I never bought anything on this sale.
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
I like to believe that is not rust on the plate, if it is yea full refund of course..

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
whatever it is on the plate, compared to the words he used, that condition would be a full refund to me :/
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline missalaire

Ask op if he is the only owner of the rf. If not, yeah he might have only used it for a couple times but he added to the shinyness of the spacebar from the previous owner.

From a previous PM when I initially asked for a $100 refund:

Hi,

I got the Realforce 10th AE 55G yesterday, but the keyboard is not "like new, very new" like you said. It looks and feels very used and the bottom right of the spacebar is shiny :<

I would like a partial refund because the description you gave me did not fit the actual condition of the keyboard.
sorry that's not fair, I can not refund $100, first price buy of new RF 10th ~ $ 450 shipped. I purchased it for $ 450, I have used 1 month should have sold $ 330.

Second, I've taken all that money to help the family right now. thank you
sorry, I only use it 1 month on the computer desk, I use it very little, maybe 1 week 3-4 times. it is pretty much dirt. sorry for the late reply because my family having some difficulty

Its ok, I understand that you are having family difficulty right now. The price I paid for the keyboard is about same price as brand new RF 10th AE and there is shine on the space bar like I said and it's definitely not "like new, very new" like you said. I would like a partial refund please, the keyboard was not like new like you said it was. I think $100 refund is fair because of the shine on the space bar which drops the value of the keyboard down a lot.

I asked the initial partial refund before I actually popped off the key caps and saw the stuff caked onto the plate. Sounds like he bought it brand new and was the first and only owner.

I like to believe that is not rust on the plate, if it is yea full refund of course..

At this point, I want a full refund regardless of whether or not it's rust. The condition of this keyboard is rubbish for what he claimed it to be.

Offline duc_nckt

I reiterated, I am the owner of the first and only RF. On plate That's just dirt when not shielded. Please clean it, and it will be like new, that is not a rust. and like I said, I could not clean it when you send. I'm sorry for that. Like new, That was my fault but  but I only use it 1 month very little.

Offline missalaire

You have a lot of nerve trying to talk me down from the $100 refund I wanted initially. I no longer want a partial refund. I want to send the keyboard back to you for a full refund and you cover return shipping for an item that you wrongly labeled as "like new, very new". I think this is the most fair resolution.

It is your responsibility as the seller to list any and all defects when selling an item. That should include any blemishes as dirt being caked on the key caps, etc. You wasted my time and money when if you had properly listed everything in the first place instead of being misleading about the condition, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place because I wouldn't have bought your keyboard then.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 April 2014, 12:31:05 by missalaire »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
I reiterated, I am the owner of the first and only RF. On plate That's just dirt when not shielded. Please clean it, and it will be like new, that is not a rust. and like I said, I could not clean it when you send. I'm sorry for that. Like new, That was my fault but  but I only use it 1 month very little.

She shouldn't have had to do anything but plug it in.  These pleas of "just clean it" are and should fall on deaf ears considering how little time it takes to clean a keyboard.  Of course, you probably didn't see anything wrong with shipping it in the thin display box it came in, either.  I'm surprised it didn't get to her in pieces simply because of that. 

I have a year old HHKB that's been my only keyboard that entire time that doesn't look like this.  It's time to pick up a straw and suck it up, the listing doesn't match the item and it's time to move on.

Offline duc_nckt

ok. That was my fault,  not accurately describe. I have recommended partial refund for you, but you do not agree. I will receive back keyboards and full refund for you. But not return shipping costs.  I sold it to you, and now you propose return back.  After receiving the keyboard I'll clean it, and will capture images for you to see.

apart a little shine on the space bar it is all as like new

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
Why should the buyer pay for the return shipping if you were the one that was too incompetent to list an item you had for sale correctly?

missalaire paid for a keyboard that was listed as "like new condition". She expected to receive a "like new condition" keyboard, not a dirty as hell keyboard with a shiny spacebar. It was your mistake in the first place, so you should be the one paying for the return shipping, not missalaire.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 00:31:41 by epzy »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline duc_nckt

Re: [FS] All collection (Skull , RF 10th, RA, CCnG, 38GT+FMJ, Cherry replica)
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 00:58:52 »
I will update the status of all my items, it's a pity because it. before sending I didn't cleaned up. After receiving back, I will clean and to show you

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
ok. That was my fault,  not accurately describe. I have recommended partial refund for you, but you do not agree. I will receive back keyboards and full refund for you. But not return shipping costs.  I sold it to you, and now you propose return back.  After receiving the keyboard I'll clean it, and will capture images for you to see.

apart a little shine on the space bar it is all as like new

Yes, she proposed returning an item not in the condition promised and took you at your word since you didn't provide clear and accurate pictures beforehand as dictated in the classified terms of service.  You should eat every penny of return shipping because of that.  It's not that she decided "you know what, I'd rather not have it", *you* failed to provide what was promised in the sale made.

It's straw time.

I will update the status of all my items, it's a pity because it. before sending I didn't cleaned up. After receiving back, I will clean and to show you

We have pictures now.  The spacebar is used and the board is in much, MUCH, worse shape than any like-new keyboard should be in.  Cleaning grime off something doesn't magically make it new again.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 01:02:48 by tjcaustin »

Offline duc_nckt

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 01:15:07 »
I just need to clean it, don't more. I've seen shine, I have to say that I only used it for 1 month and very little. it's just dirt in plate I'll clean it up. I have updated the status of the RF

Offline duc_nckt

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 11:26:58 »
You have a lot of nerve trying to talk me down from the $100 refund I wanted initially. I no longer want a partial refund. I want to send the keyboard back to you for a full refund and you cover return shipping for an item that you wrongly labeled as "like new, very new". I think this is the most fair resolution.

It is your responsibility as the seller to list any and all defects when selling an item. That should include any blemishes as dirt being caked on the key caps, etc. You wasted my time and money when if you had properly listed everything in the first place instead of being misleading about the condition, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place because I wouldn't have bought your keyboard then.

you get a full refund + shipping refund, please return shipping to me. Thank you
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 11:30:18 by duc_nckt »

Offline missalaire

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 15:05:29 »

you get a full refund + shipping refund, please return shipping to me. Thank you

Please send back the amount paid for the keyboard through the Paypal dispute/resolution case. I will not cancel/close the dispute otherwise because I won't do this outside my Paypal Buyer Protection. After you have done so, please send the rest of the amount discussed for the return shipping cost with fees in mind. Thank you.

When everything has been sent and cleared, I will ship the keyboard back to you. Everything will be tracked and insured. I will also be taking picture and/or video evidence of it being shipped out.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 15:07:35 by missalaire »

Offline missalaire

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 18:10:16 »
Received the refund money from the Paypal dispute case. Waiting for it to clear in the bank and the little bit extra + return shipping from you before I ship it out.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 18:12:29 »
woooow photobucket

Offline duc_nckt

Received the refund money from the Paypal dispute case. Waiting for it to clear in the bank and the little bit extra + return shipping from you before I ship it out.

Refund full money and return shipping fee. Pls shipping RF to Me. Thank you

Offline missalaire

Received both. Like I said before though, I will be waiting for the refund amount to clear in my bank before I ship.

Offline drinkbleach

Received both. Like I said before though, I will be waiting for the refund amount to clear in my bank before I ship.

I am interested in the RF. I will be working something out with duc to see if you can ship to me instead of having to send it back to him.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 April 2014, 17:24:26 by drinkbleach »

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Looks like crusty milk and crumbs? Maybe he was eating some cereal over the board??

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Looks like crusty milk and crumbs? Maybe he was eating some cereal out of the board??
FTFY :P

Offline missalaire

@drinkbleach: Please format your response so that its clear that you're looking to buy the board and not within a quoted reply.

Offline duc_nckt

@drinkbleach: Please format your response so that its clear that you're looking to buy the board and not within a quoted reply.

I'm working with him

Offline duc_nckt

RF sold for drinkbleach.

@missalaire: pls send RF 10th to drinkbleach by address I will send you, thank you

Offline drinkbleach

My bad, posting from my cellphone little hard to see ;)  corrected mistake

Offline missalaire

Thanks. I'll look into shipping sometime next week. I have this week and next week left of school until I'm done for the semester so I'll be busy with that and work. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Offline drinkbleach

Thanks. I'll look into shipping sometime next week. I have this week and next week left of school until I'm done for the semester so I'll be busy with that and work. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ok, no problem. Send me a PM when they get sent out.

Offline duc_nckt

Ok, no problem. Send me a PM when they get sent out.

you know the status of the RF, you did see the photographs of missalaire. on plate it's quite as dusty but cleaning it will return to normal

Offline nonsensebearer

Sent you a PM for a bunch of the novelty caps, duc_nckt.

Offline duc_nckt

Offline archer

Hey duc, ygpm  :thumb:

Offline IronJoeJac

Would you be willing to sell the 38gt without the case?
CM Quickfire TK (blue)    HHKB PRO 2 Black