Author Topic: I'd like to try a new mouse.  (Read 2164 times)

Offline SeeThruHead

I'd like to try a new mouse.
« on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 01:25:19 »
So I've been using a deathadder 2013 for a little bit and I've been getting pains in my wrist while using it. I've ordered all allsop wrist rest but I'm thinking maybe I need a differently shaped mouse. I tried going back to my g700 but that just feels awkward and heavy after using the deathadder. Open to suggestions to help stop this wrist pain.

Painted QFR          Poker 2

Offline Kamen Rider Blade

Re: I'd like to try a new mouse.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 02:21:16 »
Logitech G602

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 02:24:18 »
Hi thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the new additions to the logitech lineup are all incredibly hideous. There isn't a possible way I could put those things onto my desk. Also to clarify I'm looking for suggestions for a wired mice only.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 06:53:10 »
any idea how you prefer to hold your mouse? it would help people give you better/more suggestions :j

if you prefer to fingertip-/clawgrip, then i'd suggest you take a look at this thread.
i'd recommend the logitech g400 if you prefer palmgripping, but you'd have to like the shape.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 April 2014, 07:07:30 by Bucake »
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 04:02:55 »
I love my Roccat kone pure colour (I have the orange one :3) and I would reccomend it to everyone and anyone. However, it might be a bit small. I hear the Roccat Kone XTD it a good size and has pretty much the same hardware - and a tilting scroll wheel. I think the Func MS32 is supposed to be a very good mouse and it certainly a new grip too. I like the way it looks aswell, so that could be an option. I've also been told that the Steelseries mice are good and They look nice to me too.
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 23:51:01 »
Most of my wrist pain comes from using the scroll wheel-- I would take a look at the Logitech G500s as it has a friction-less scroll.
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 01:50:49 »
I think I'm just going to try a few suggestions out,  maybe start a mouse collection.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 05:57:04 »
I found the weird pokey thing on the right side of the DA was what gave me problems (bit of pain), since I had to grip it around there to lift it the way I play.
If the problem is similar for you, I would recommend one that has easier sides to grip and lift.
Something like the Zowie FK/Kana V2/Logitech G400s, depending on your size preferences - these I have personally tried, but there are more options out there of course.

I suggest you analyze the problem a bit, seeing what gives you wrist pain, since there are so many possible causes. :)

Offline Prelim

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 14:56:17 »
if you liked the DA, the best option is the SS Rival
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 16:49:01 »
sensei yo
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****