Author Topic: CM Storm Novatouch  (Read 232492 times)

Offline YuukiHaruto

Re: CM Storm Novatouch
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:19:31 »
It's not true rubber anyway. It's just a rubber coating which IMO actually lasts longer than I would admit, rubber. I don't see why it gets so much hate.

I'm not a fan of it because I don't want a grease trap:

Show Image

And as you mentioned in your previous post if the material wears down over time then going with a plastic case seems like a better decision.
Do you know you can clean it off with light alcohol and a microfiber cloth? :) Light like 10% not 95% or even 99%
Did I say anything about wearing down over time?  :confused:

Huh?

I have to admit, you're pretty good at avoiding any explanation of why do your keyboard cases get shiny. gratz
What? My palms touch them everyday and this is a tropical country.

I see, but then I suspect your typing technique is to blame, not the keyboard. ~_^
my palm is usually on the table for a non-wristed case but the areas where the palm is joined to ma fingers touch the keyboard. My fingers aren't 10000cm long  :confused:

That's exactly what I mean. If you eventually get some sort of RSI around your wrists, don't be surprised.
I don't have a choice. Fingers are shorter than americans, duh. they are at a comfortable angle though.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:21:49 by YuukiHaruto »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:22:48 »
It's not true rubber anyway. It's just a rubber coating which IMO actually lasts longer

this is a pretty misinformed statement.

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:26:45 »
It's not true rubber anyway. It's just a rubber coating which IMO actually lasts longer

this is a pretty misinformed statement.
I've worked on more "rubberized" product designs than you would imagine  ;)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:34:19 »
any substance that is applied over another is inevitably less durable than the pure material (this is true for paint, lasered legends, plating, coating, ... even though some are more durable than others).

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #254 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:39:14 »
It's not true rubber anyway. It's just a rubber coating which IMO actually lasts longer than I would admit, rubber. I don't see why it gets so much hate.

I'm not a fan of it because I don't want a grease trap:

Show Image

And as you mentioned in your previous post if the material wears down over time then going with a plastic case seems like a better decision.
Do you know you can clean it off with light alcohol and a microfiber cloth? :) Light like 10% not 95% or even 99%
Did I say anything about wearing down over time?  :confused:

Yes, the case is cleanable. Why make the keyboard with a material that requires regular maintenance though? I've had my Leopold FC660C since early Feb and it looks like the day it came out of the box with no maintenance other than blowing out the debris from the plate. I had to wipe my QFR down weekly with a damp cloth to keep it looking decent. It's not the end of the world, but when designing a high end product, why go with a demonstrably inferior finish?
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:40:40 »
Huh?

I have to admit, you're pretty good at avoiding any explanation of why do your keyboard cases get shiny. gratz

I see, but then I suspect your typing technique is to blame, not the keyboard. ~_^
my palm is usually on the table for a non-wristed case but the areas where the palm is joined to ma fingers touch the keyboard. My fingers aren't 10000cm long  :confused:

That's exactly what I mean. If you eventually get some sort of RSI around your wrists, don't be surprised.
I don't have a choice. Fingers are shorter than americans, duh. they are at a comfortable angle though.  :thumb:

Proper typing posture is supposed to look more or less like this and hands ought to float above the keyboard.

(I have rather short fingers too.)

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #256 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:42:32 »
I'm still just going to saw the case off. No need for it.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 11:22:47 »
Huh?

Proper typing posture is supposed to look more or less like this and hands ought to float above the keyboard.

But the novatouch is low enough. And also, if i were to adapt that kind of position I won't be able to reach the number segments which i use all the time.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 13:13:41 »
Huh?

See how the keyboard is angled down? Why do keyboards have feet on the top rather than the bottom of the keyboard then to help facilitate this?

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 13:28:27 »
Let's be honest here, how many of us actually have the recommended posture or even an ergo chair when using these keyboards? Those ideal ergonomic charts always make me laugh because having worked in a cube farm for years I don't think I've ever seen someone adhering to the optimal ergonomic standards. Fact is, the finish on a keyboard should not be justified by "if you type like this it won't get gross" when there's a finish that will look good no matter what your preferred usage. Why you feel compelled to defend this cheap-ass rubber coating is truly beyond me. I had 2 QFRs and both came out of the box with blemishes on the rubber coating around the corners/curves of the case, I just chose to ignore it because it's not an RMA-worthy issue in my mind.
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #260 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 13:46:46 »
See how the keyboard is angled down? Why do keyboards have feet on the top rather than the bottom of the keyboard then to help facilitate this?

Because of people who cannot type and have to look at lettering all the time. And manufacturers put it there, because everyone else is already doing it. Pretty much like staggered QWERTY.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 16:37:49 »

Because of people who cannot type and have to look at lettering all the time. And manufacturers put it there, because everyone else is already doing it. Pretty much like staggered QWERTY.

And my poor wrists suffer when I use other people's keyboards as a result.

I guess that makes sense though  :blank:

Offline oryan_dunn

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 17:03:05 »
So, are you saying that you should have the keyboard flat or angled for good typing posture?  I feel like I have relatively good typing posture and I always (well almost always) have the keyboard angled.  My hands don't touch the case of the keyboard, only the palms touch my wrist rest and my right thumb will rest on the case below the spacebar at times.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 20:54:49 »
WTF do you do with them? I can't recall the last time I touched my keyboard's case, except putting it in a bag/box when travelling.

I rest my fingers above the function keys so I can F7 and F8 to step through a app in the IDE, and also above the arrow keys when navigating source code.  Also sometimes around the Esc key when waiting for a process to reach a stage where I was to stop it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tbc

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 21:57:07 »
^
i also rest my fingers above the cursor keys when i'm just 'idling'.  it's REALLY unpleasant tapping on plastic because it has 0 'give' compared to rubber coatings

EDIT:

we might as well just get to the point and admit this is all personal preference.  i'm pretty sure someone has already said this.

some people prefer samsung plastic, some people prefer iphone glass, etc.  let's try fixing that issue before tackling this much more picky one?  phone case materials are 100000000000x more important than keyboard case materials.

i'm ALWAYS going to support more options(it's why i can't be bothered to use chrome or osx).  if you like plain plastic, there are dozens of skus for you.  if you like rubber....there's probably only one or two dozen for you.

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 April 2014, 22:05:26 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #265 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 22:04:00 »
I usually rest my fingers on the wasd or some other keys and wrist on the table, is that wrong posture? It just feels good to me and I've been doing that since I started playing games. I don't look at keyboard when I type as well. Bad habit maybe?

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 22:08:23 »
This+OG cherry dyesub=possible end game

Offline avtar

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 22:12:24 »
I usually rest my fingers on the wasd or some other keys and wrist on the table, is that wrong posture? It just feels good to me and I've been doing that since I started playing games. I don't look at keyboard when I type as well. Bad habit maybe?

If it feels good and your body is not complaining in any way then it's the right posture, for you :thumb:

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 22:14:45 »
My back does hurt every now and then, but that's another story.  :p never the wrist! Used to play competitively for 8-10 hours a day, and never had any problem with my wrist or fingers, maybe my mouse hand, but not my keyboard hand.

If it feels good and your body is not complaining in any way then it's the right posture, for you :thumb:

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 00:32:43 »
I only get wrist pain when handwritting. The desk is where I belong to, then. I'm glad the nova touch for someone like me, heavenly free that doesn't wear you down like a blue does for me and it's well, customizable duh.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 00:55:35 »
I only get wrist pain when handwritting. The desk is where I belong to, then. I'm glad the nova touch for someone like me, heavenly free that doesn't wear you down like a blue does for me and it's well, customizable duh.

I didn't catch it anywhere in the thread, but how much was the board?

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 04:30:17 »

I didn't catch it anywhere in the thread, but how much was the board?
Less than 200.

Offline colomb

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 08:27:34 »
For those still waiting on this, I pinged Cooler Master on twitter and this is the response I got "Still in the works, should be ready by the end of this month. We waited to make sure all the product scheduling was on track."

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 11:58:27 »
For those still waiting on this, I pinged Cooler Master on twitter and this is the response I got "Still in the works, should be ready by the end of this month. We waited to make sure all the product scheduling was on track."

Cool. Hopefully somebody will post in this thread once it's available somewhere. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these to plunder it for parts. :)

Offline intelli78

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 11:59:30 »
Cool. Hopefully somebody will post in this thread once it's available somewhere. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these to plunder it for parts. :)

None of the reviews so far have actually confirmed that the sliders will work with other Topre boards, as far as I know.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 12:36:41 »

None of the reviews so far have actually confirmed that the sliders will work with other Topre boards, as far as I know.

I suspect this information will be available a few nanoseconds after the first one is sold to someone here. Personally I am wondering if I could plunder parts for keychains while still keeping enough of it working. I shall have to make a list of keys I can do without...
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 12:41:22 »

I suspect this information will be available a few nanoseconds after the first one is sold to someone here. Personally I am wondering if I could plunder parts for keychains while still keeping enough of it working. I shall have to make a list of keys I can do without...

I would think for keychains  you'd be better off with a cheap type heaven and 3d printed mx stems. :D

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 13:02:37 »

End of the month? That's about a week...  ;D

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #278 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 13:08:03 »

I'm looking forward to the plunger/stems being available separate from the board.

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 14:11:13 »

I would think for keychains  you'd be better off with a cheap type heaven and 3d printed mx stems. :D

For 100 keychains, maybe. I just wanted maybe 2 or 3, and a Novatouch :)
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 15:09:48 »
It's interesting, the LinusTechTips video is still set for private for this keyboard.

I did get to see it, seems he wasn't too taken by it, not sure if that's the reason.
Poker II

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #281 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 16:20:54 »
It's interesting, the LinusTechTips video is still set for private for this keyboard.

I did get to see it, seems he wasn't too taken by it, not sure if that's the reason.

What did he claim he didn't like about it?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline dante

« Reply #282 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 16:25:47 »
He cried and pulled a Nancy Kerrigan about the Micro USB "Whyyyyyyy"

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #283 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 20:22:53 »

I'm looking forward to the plunger/stems being available separate from the board.

My hope is actually that I can remove the PCB, plate, etc., swap out the domes with 30g ones, and put all of that in my RealForce aluminum case (from KBDMod). A lot would have to fall in line for that to work out, but it's not so implausible.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 20:39:11 »

I don't recall him complaining about too much other than the USB. Board looked and sounded pretty good from what I could tell.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 20:49:34 »

I don't recall him complaining about too much other than the USB. Board looked and sounded pretty good from what I could tell.

The PCB was also branded with the Topre logo which is a good sign. I though for a second that since they kept referring to them as "Japanese hybrid switches" that they may have been using clones, but these are legit topres. I have never owned a topre, but it shouldn't feel any different than any other of the same weight.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 20:52:05 »

The PCB was also branded with the Topre logo which is a good sign. I though for a second that since they kept referring to them as "Japanese hybrid switches" that they may have been using clones, but these are legit topres. I have never owned a topre, but it shouldn't feel any different than any other of the same weight.
I was glad to see that too, don't know why they won't use the proper branding in conversation.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Sniping

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 21:17:46 »
They avoid using the word "Topre" because of legality issues in some countries, not because they're using a Topre clone.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 21:56:35 »
They avoid using the word "Topre" because of legality issues in some countries, not because they're using a Topre clone.

Why would there be issues with legalities if they're legit Topre's?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 22:36:20 »
Like others have mentioned before.  I always thought the reason they never call them topre is because of marketing.

They want to make it sound like they are the only place to get this "new" switch.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #290 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 22:38:01 »
Like others have mentioned before.  I always thought the reason they never call them topre is because of marketing.

They want to make it sound like they are the only place to get this "new" switch.

To be fair, going along with this logic, it's the first Topre board where I've seen all of the domes on a single sheet.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Sniping

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 02:16:19 »

Why would there be issues with legalities if they're legit Topre's?

I can't give you the same explanation that I got from the CM Storm rep at Keycon, but that's what I was told.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #292 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 02:23:22 »
I can't think of any explanation other than trademarks, but IANAL.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 08:23:35 »
Likely their omission of stating that the switches are Topre would be to keep customers. Once the customer realizes the switch type isn't anything exclusive to Cooler Master and that they have options, they'll just google for other Topre boards and buy one of those. After all, the switch type is one of the main selling points of the board. Maybe 1 in 10 consumers would be interested in the MX keycap compatibility at best (outside of the keyboard enthusiast communities).

After all, why would the consumer wait for a product that is already available if the alternatives will meet their needs?
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline johndavis33

« Reply #294 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 01:22:30 »
Likely their omission of stating that the switches are Topre would be to keep customers. Once the customer realizes the switch type isn't anything exclusive to Cooler Master and that they have options, they'll just google for other Topre boards and buy one of those. After all, the switch type is one of the main selling points of the board. Maybe 1 in 10 consumers would be interested in the MX keycap compatibility at best (outside of the keyboard enthusiast communities).

After all, why would the consumer wait for a product that is already available if the alternatives will meet their needs?

Price, probably. Normal CM consumers are looking for keyboards in the 50-150 range. The only other topre offering in that area is the type heaven, which is full sized. And, to a CM customer, it isn't a "gaming keyboard", which means nothing. If someone's willing to go for other options in the topre feild, they're probably enthusiasts. And if they're enthusiasts, then they'll like the novatouch's sliders.
HAVE AND WILL KEEP: HHKB - Printed white | Ducky Banana edition - Whites | Model M13 | Unidentified Goodwill keyboard - Simplified black ALPS
TOO BE SOLD: TG3 BL82 - Clears | Wheelwrite 5 - Buckling Springs typewriter
SOLD: Rosewill RK9000 - Blacks | QFR - Blues | Ducky G2 Pro - Greens |
IT WILL BE MINE: Northgate Omnikey - White ALPS

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #295 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 01:44:15 »
Production Pictures

http://imgur.com/a/n7nER
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline feizor

« Reply #296 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:18:46 »
Production Pictures

Do they come with O-rings pre-fitted?

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #297 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:26:13 »

Offline Sniping

« Reply #298 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:27:18 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #299 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:34:29 »
Production Pictures

WHich means that the design has been finalised, and production is underway!

Shipping would follow, then ... announcements!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ