Author Topic: My keyboards  (Read 6860 times)

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
My keyboards
« on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 09:26:10 »
I am trying to sort out all my boards etc. and I have a few not pictures as they are not finished being built yet, and at some point I am going to sort out all my caps, as my box is overflowing and I don't know whats in there anymore.  But I took some pictures. Some new, some old, some in between.

They looks like this:

Starting from the top right and going clockwise:

CM MECH - Blues White LED - winlock LED changed to Red - Massive, but 100% programmable with 5 layers.
Skidata - Clears (think this one might turn into a donor board - might get another)
Heu 922 - Salmon alps clones with a quasi green on space - Doubleshot alps caps
Cherry G80-1192 - Blacks (maybe vintage?), NKRO, Doubleshot beige (which I have) currently wearing lots of different cherry doubleshots
Dell AT101W - New, black alps, lasered caps
CM Quickfire XT - Blues, completely stock (for the time being)
CM Quickfire TK Stealth - Browns, hard modded to swap left ctrl and caps lock - qwerkeys F-row, not DS, but infilled legend.
Poker II - Accrylic case, 2 plates stock + accrylic, Tactile greys and clears, orange and red LEDs
HHKB Pro 2
KBT Oni - Mx Blues + Clear springs, purple LED (While I don't use it, I think it's my favourite keyboard I own, I've tried to sell it a number of times and can't)
CM Trigger Z - Browns white LED, purple ducky shine caps - 100% programmable with 5 layers, NON STANDARD SPACEBAR - They so nearly got it right.

Not pictured:

A87 ps2avr - waiting for matte purple NS87 case to arrive :D pretty pumped about this. PCB/parts etc. is ready :)
Goldtouch numpad
All the alps boards I haven't yet bought (Like alps a lot at the moment, got my eye on an SGI Granite keyboard)

Keycaps (need to sort my box, but off the top of my head):

IMSTO Blanks two tone grey
IMSTO Blanks light blue
Cherry DS WoB full set
Cherry DS Beige full winkerless set (ISO)
GMK Purple mods
GMK CMYK
Miami base, mods, tsangan
Hyperfuse DSA base, mods, tsangan, numpad
Hyperfuse DCS base, mods, tsangan, numpad
Calm Depths
Nostalgia

I have another couple of cherry sets, but apparently I can't find them :S
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 April 2014, 01:19:13 by margo baggins »
I got boards.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: My keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 09:30:51 »
I like that Skidata board. The layout always made me smile and I like the color scheme.

What are you currently typing on? And what do you think of that CM Storm aluminum top board?

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 09:33:43 »
I am currently using my poker, The only boards I ever really use are my poker II, hhkb and the quickfire TK. Quickfire TK usually lives in my office as I need UK ISO layout for work, and sometimes numpad - though, considering getting a lightsaver from originative to get a similar great layout and then use that at work.

The CM MECH is just too massive, it's nice, but, it barely fits on my desk! Feature rich though, 100% programmable, the Trigger Z (pictured with purple caps) is also 100% programmable - which I think is awesome for retail boards. The quickfire TK is hard modded to have left control and caps lock swapped.

edit: the flash on my camera really does make pictures look rubbish. One day, I might learn how to actually take alright pictures :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 April 2014, 09:35:27 by margo baggins »
I got boards.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 09:48:57 »
Beautiful Nostalgia!  :p

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 09:49:54 »
a year or so ago i would have been buck wild seeing another skidata board.  i use to really lust after the skidata boards with the trackballs in the top right corner.  the color scheme and the compact g81 cherry layout is just titties.

damn dude that CM Mech is friggin huge. pretty cool looking and i dont usually like CM's design language.  that thing would be badass to have in a garage/workshop/etc.  it has that hard industrial feel to it.  find a use for that monster!

also, no model m? hmm. weird. usually when people amass a collection of boards like this they always have a model m in the mix. i know i do...
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 10:11:33 »
Quickfire TK usually lives in my office as I need UK ISO layout for work, and sometimes numpad - though, considering getting a lightsaver from originative to get a similar great layout and then use that at work.

I get that. I've gotta have a full-size at work.

The CM MECH is just too massive, it's nice, but, it barely fits on my desk! Feature rich though, 100% programmable, the Trigger Z (pictured with purple caps) is also 100% programmable - which I think is awesome for retail boards. The quickfire TK is hard modded to have left control and caps lock swapped.

Huh I didn't realize that CM had fully programmable software. That's cool though.

the flash on my camera really does make pictures look rubbish.

Gotta get more lightning besides just your flash. Perhaps wait for the sunlight our get more lamps.

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 10:59:44 »
Where did you get the bright blue spacebar and other colorful modifier keys?

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 11:21:56 »
Where did you get the bright blue spacebar and other colorful modifier keys?

Ivanivanovich's CMYK group buy for the mods, and the space bar is from miami tsangan kit
I got boards.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 11:29:39 »
Skidata boards are cool. I think I need one.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 12:09:52 »
Skidata boards are cool. I think I need one.

Thanks!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 12:55:33 »
Beautiful Nostalgia!  :p

+1... Poker with Nostalgia set looks fantastic. Waiting for my own set to arrive... 2nd favourite keycap set. I'll most likely put the Cherry Legends set on my Pure for keeps when that arrives, though, it's just the most beautiful set I've seen.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 02:01:56 »
Nice collection, nice variety :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 02:33:28 »

Thanks  :thumb:

No yellow though :(

I'm not going to get anything mx for a while I don't think, well, I might build a few things, but I want to get more old alps boards.
I got boards.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 02:38:55 »

Thanks  :thumb:

No yellow though :(

I'm not going to get anything mx for a while I don't think, well, I might build a few things, but I want to get more old alps boards.

Yellow shifts on the G80 :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 12:45:45 »
Where is your Trigger Z  ;D. I have both the MECH (blues) and the Trigger Z (browns)  :))

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 01:02:52 »
Where is your Trigger Z  ;D. I have both the MECH (blues) and the Trigger Z (browns)  :))

It's top left in the pictures! Has bright purple caps on it :)

Mine is also browns, and my MECH is blues :)
I got boards.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 01:07:23 »
I want that 1192 sooooo much. Nice collection man.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 01:56:06 »

It's top left in the pictures! Has bright purple caps on it :)

Mine is also browns, and my MECH is blues :)
Hard to tell with purple caps  ;)

Ha, we have the same CM Storm keyboards  :eek: Browns for Trigger Z and Blues for MECH

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 09:03:08 »
I want that 1192 sooooo much. Nice collection man.

Thanks brother,

It's a really cool board, it even has a little speaker inside that makes a little electrical click for every key stroke, can also be disabled, but  I quite like the sound, unlike anything else :)
I got boards.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 05:22:21 »
I have a couple of new boards I need to take pictures of - but a couple aren't here still, but, this is here,

Just about the luckiest guy alive - Thanks Bunnylake you hero, here is my little 60% alps board that my dreams were made of :) Caps that are on there don't quite fit, I think I maybe have a set that I might be able to make fit, but, I finally have me a proper korean custom, that's a 60%, in a swanky case, and it's ALPS. Life = made. Also finally got a G80-3000 - hasn't arrived yet, but it has doubleshots and the model number makes me believe it has clears on it. ISO though not ANSI, but have been hankering after a 3000 since forever. And still waiting on my NS87 case from GON. And still working on my ghetto 60% board - matrix is done need to wire in the controller and get some firmwares on there.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 May 2014, 05:25:13 by margo baggins »
I got boards.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 14:26:21 »
Some nice pictures of some of my boards! I have bought a new camera so I am going to start getting some better pictures of my boards, up first is the little boards

The board in the hammer case has montery blue switches, ducky mini is in one of the $60 60% cases, I stole all the stock bits off the plastic tray for authenticity :D
I got boards.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 14:30:31 »
Some nice pictures of some of my boards! I have bought a new camera so I am going to start getting some better pictures of my boards, up first is the little boards

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The board in the hammer case has montery blue switches, ducky mini is in one of the $60 60% cases, I stole all the stock bits off the plastic tray for authenticity :D

4 beautiful boards man! :)  :thumb: Love the Ducky Mini! Looks like mine ;)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 14:32:20 »
The board in the hammer case has montery blue switches,

Nice. What PCB did you use for that? Constant hunt for caps?

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 14:35:28 »
The board in the hammer case has montery blue switches,

Nice. What PCB did you use for that? Constant hunt for caps?

It's a duck V1.5 (I think 1.5) - yeah that set is cobled together off all the big alps boards I have here - it's mismatch :D But - I actually have 2 SGI granite boards incoming - and the caps off that are a perfect fit so I will have a proper capset for it soon :) Just need the guy to post the boards!

Thanks Dustin!
I got boards.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 12:58:36 »
My new toy - KMAC Happy :)

Just finished putting it together.
I got boards.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 00:14:15 »
^ Very like the case - is it that deep, glowing red in real life?

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 01:23:37 »
^ Very like the case - is it that deep, glowing red in real life?

I'm not so great at taking pitctures but I did spend a while on that one trying to make it look the same in front of my screen and in my screen so that should be a pretty good representation of the colour. It really is a wonderful keyboard I absolutely love it!
I got boards.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 01:30:26 »

Show Image

WHOA, That red is quite cool man. Have'nt seen many beside Silver. Also sweet Buddha!

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 01:42:58 »

Show Image

ooo sexy! congrats on that awesome keyboard

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 01:49:44 »

One day I will have a sick custom board to send your way; I'm already debating sending my HHKB to fix the right half  :p
Congrats on the new Korean custom, looks beautiful even naked!  :thumb:
What camera did you get?
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 03:13:15 »
Thanks guys :)

Last night I finished putting the LED in my GON :)

The camera I got is prehistoric! Haha, Canon 20D - It didn't cost me very much money though and it is less than 9k on the shuttercount so it's alright for learning with. Hopefully one day my pictures will get better!

I don't really have any caps for the happy at the moment - I had those purple and WoB cherry on there until I took them off for this board. I think Dolch is going to go on the happy when it arrives :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 August 2014, 03:15:52 by margo baggins »
I got boards.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 14:20:32 »

Show Image

The camera I got is prehistoric! Haha, Canon 20D - It didn't cost me very much money though and it is less than 9k on the shuttercount so it's alright for learning with. Hopefully one day my pictures will get better!

I don't really have any caps for the happy at the moment - I had those purple and WoB cherry on there until I took them off for this board. I think Dolch is going to go on the happy when it arrives :)

That looks incredible! I've always wanted a purple themed keyboard. Where did you get the WoB cherry?

ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 14:27:16 »
Hehehe, another lover of Alps I see :D. I like that 60% Duck with the Hammer case. I've gotta try to hunt down all the parts myself.

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 15:01:58 »
Such a beautiful GON Margo. The WoB cherry's + purple mods combo looks insanely good!

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 15:09:20 »
Seriously. Now I'm sad I missed out on the purple gmk mods group buy. :(
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 01:40:42 »

Show Image

That looks incredible! I've always wanted a purple themed keyboard. Where did you get the WoB cherry?

Thanks bro :) I'm not sure you know, I've had them ages, I think I boguht them off hashbaz when I was a noob a few years ago.

Hehehe, another lover of Alps I see :D. I like that 60% Duck with the Hammer case. I've gotta try to hunt down all the parts myself.

YES :D I hope to have a kingsaver one day, but thats probably day dreaming. The 60 is nice except those horrible mismatch caps, I got 2 SGI Granite keyboards, but they are at someone's house, been waiting for them to post them to me for a long time, hopefully they will post them sooon, then I will have a matching cap set (and more alps keyboards hehe)

Such a beautiful GON Margo. The WoB cherry's + purple mods combo looks insanely good!

Thanks bro :)
I got boards.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 02:08:47 »

Show Image

Thanks bro :) I'm not sure you know, I've had them ages, I think I boguht them off hashbaz when I was a noob a few years ago.

You've inspired me to start chasing those caps now. I already found the WoB cherry caps from hwood34's scavenged Cherry G81s. I just need a compatible spacebar and those beautiful GMK purple mods!! I hope you're still taking orders by the time I find them because who knows how long I'll be able to acquire those mods! :/

See what you've done by posting your fantastic looking work? :P

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 02:17:22 »

Show Image

You've inspired me to start chasing those caps now. I already found the WoB cherry caps from hwood34's scavenged Cherry G81s. I just need a compatible spacebar and those beautiful GMK purple mods!! I hope you're still taking orders by the time I find them because who knows how long I'll be able to acquire those mods! :/

My WoB set is actually junk haha, I gave some of the numpad caps to a friend who needed them to complete a set (as I don't use full size boards) and the bottom row is funny as it's off a G81 too - so is the space bar. I bought the purple mods way back when just so that I had a working TKL set with the WoB. They are also mirror shiny hehe. But I love them. Right shift of the mods also has a shiny pinky sized dot on it as I've used these caps so much. I used to have them on my work keyboard, and that spells out disaster for keycaps. I manage to make caps shine fast anyway, but on my work driver, I am sat there typing for 10 or so hours a day, so they shine up real quick! Currently have a rubbish CM keyboard with stock caps on at work :D I got a couple of beige sets too, winkey and winkeyless ISO, but no ANSI beige, and no ISO WoB.

I'm glad I've inspired someone :)

I actually did some more work on the GON last night, and put MOAR LEDs underneath the pcb as I wasn't happy with the light distribution along the front strip, along the back I've absolutely nailed it and there is no hotspots just a lovely band of illuminated purple. This keyboard has something rediculous like 130 or 140 LED in it haha. Need to put a couple more in the sides which I'll do at some point. But today I have to re-do some of the electrics in my house, put some shelves up and fit some new taps! So I don't think today will be that day. Public holiday though in the UK tomorrow :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 August 2014, 02:18:57 by margo baggins »
I got boards.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 02:30:02 »

Show Image

My WoB set is actually junk haha, I gave some of the numpad caps to a friend who needed them to complete a set (as I don't use full size boards) and the bottom row is funny as it's off a G81 too - so is the space bar. I bought the purple mods way back when just so that I had a working TKL set with the WoB. They are also mirror shiny hehe. But I love them. Right shift of the mods also has a shiny pinky sized dot on it as I've used these caps so much. I used to have them on my work keyboard, and that spells out disaster for keycaps. I manage to make caps shine fast anyway, but on my work driver, I am sat there typing for 10 or so hours a day, so they shine up real quick! Currently have a rubbish CM keyboard with stock caps on at work :D I got a couple of beige sets too, winkey and winkeyless ISO, but no ANSI beige, and no ISO WoB.

I actually did some more work on the GON last night, and put MOAR LEDs underneath the pcb as I wasn't happy with the light distribution along the front strip, along the back I've absolutely nailed it and there is no hotspots just a lovely band of illuminated purple. This keyboard has something rediculous like 130 or 140 LED in it haha. Need to put a couple more in the sides which I'll do at some point. But today I have to re-do some of the electrics in my house, put some shelves up and fit some new taps! So I don't think today will be that day. Public holiday though in the UK tomorrow :D

MOAR LEDs! Seriously, purple is my colour. I love that GON so much! It's the nicest purple themed board I've seen yet. And I didn't even like LEDs before!

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 02:39:58 »

Show Image

MOAR LEDs! Seriously, purple is my colour. I love that GON so much! It's the nicest purple themed board I've seen yet. And I didn't even like LEDs before!

It's not finished yet :) Waiting on the bro set, and a purple 420, then my purple themed board is done ;)

Orange is my favourite colour, but I have a lot of orange things and purple is a close second, that's why I went purple with this one. It's also the first board I've built for myself so I thought it would be good to actually have a theme for it. The lock lights (caps and num) on this board are orange, Just to break the purple up a bit, they look awesome but I can't get a decent picture yet.
I got boards.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 02:46:48 »

Show Image

It's not finished yet :) Waiting on the bro set, and a purple 420, then my purple themed board is done ;)

Orange is my favourite colour, but I have a lot of orange things and purple is a close second, that's why I went purple with this one. It's also the first board I've built for myself so I thought it would be good to actually have a theme for it. The lock lights (caps and num) on this board are orange, Just to break the purple up a bit, they look awesome but I can't get a decent picture yet.

Cool! Can't wait to see the finished product. Hopefully you can get some decent pics of the lock lights on too.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 02:49:44 »

Quick picture I just took
I got boards.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 10:38:15 »
Show Image

Quick picture I just took

1+

I never thought orange and purple would look good together, but I actually like this!